PDA

View Full Version : top five rock and roll gruops or solo artist

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-29-2005, 04:34 PM
I have been listening to the radio and I am guilty of turning the dial and the reason is most of these stations seem to be playing junk music , and by using this term i mean music that has no instruments and a good beat to the songs. With this in mind I decided to post groups and artist who you rarely hear but still like their music. so i am wondering what happened to these bands.
John Cougar melloncamp
Oasis
Live
Third Eye Blind
Eddie Money
The B52S
Whitesnake
Journey
Fleetwood Mac
Pink Floyd
the 70's and 80's music sure had some good artist even the 90's had a few but they have seem to have disapeared. what ever happened to Billy Squire , Bruce Springsten , and cheryl Crow?
anyways nobody is going to replace Jimi Hendrix , and Eric Clapton. i was going to start a rock and roll band and even do some rap but this was before attention turned towards comedy and dolphins football. :cool:

CirclingWagons
10-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Bob Dylan

cnc66
10-29-2005, 11:06 PM
who?

Rocky Raccoon
10-29-2005, 11:21 PM
I have been listening to the radio and I am guilty of turning the dial and the reason is most of these stations seem to be playing junk music , and by using this term i mean music that has no instruments and a good beat to the songs. With this in mind I decided to post groups and artist who you rarely hear but still like their music. so i am wondering what happened to these bands.
John Cougar melloncamp
Oasis
Live
Third Eye Blind
Eddie Money
The B52S
Whitesnake
Journey
Fleetwood Mac
Pink Floyd
the 70's and 80's music sure had some good artist even the 90's had a few but they have seem to have disapeared. what ever happened to Billy Squire , Bruce Springsten , and cheryl Crow?
anyways nobody is going to replace Jimi Hendrix , and Eric Clapton. i was going to start a rock and roll band and even do some rap but this was before attention turned towards comedy and dolphins football. :cool:

so are you asking what our top 5 musicians are??...when mine are IN NO ORDER...

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
The Doors
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Allman Brothers Band

...(Pink Floyd, The Who, Billy Joel, Neil Young, Queen to round out to 10)

CalDolFan1014
10-30-2005, 12:51 AM
My five....

1. The Beatles
2. Journey
3. The Eagles
4. Queen
5. Steely Dan

dolfan_101
10-30-2005, 01:05 AM
1. Led Zeppelin
2. Van Halen
3. Queen
4. AC/DC
5. The Eagles

WharfRat
10-30-2005, 08:32 AM
- Grateful Dead
- Lynyrd Skynyrd
- The Beatles
- Led Zeppelin
- The Band

There are about 20 others I'd include, depending on what mood I'm in....

Lukin
10-30-2005, 10:13 AM
In no order...

Led Zeppelin
Pearl Jam
Bob Dylan
Blind Melon
Rolling Stones

ROSCO P.C. JR
10-30-2005, 11:30 AM
I dont know how i could have forgotten Van Halen and Pearl Jam . the group Yes was good especially 90125 or what was the title ? anyways i like the roling stones and the doors also. i used to have a thing called albums of the beatles and triumph and the who. i still have a box of the ole albums and 8 track cartridges do any of you remember the 34's and albums? man music has come a long way.

WharfRat
10-30-2005, 01:00 PM
I dont know how i could have forgotten Van Halen and Pearl Jam . the group Yes was good especially 90125 or what was the title ? anyways i like the roling stones and the doors also. i used to have a thing called albums of the beatles and triumph and the who. i still have a box of the ole albums and 8 track cartridges do any of you remember the 34's and albums? man music has come a long way.

Yes - I liked the Fragile, Tormato, and Drama albums better... but 90125 was OK...

I still have about 350 or so 33 1/3 rpm vinyl albums in crates...even have two working turntables...
Never owned an 8-track player though... I stuck with reel-to-reel... then cassettes ... 8-track quality was horrible....

spydertl79
10-30-2005, 04:53 PM
Nirvana
Queen
Guns N Roses
Linkin Park
Aerosmith

d-day
10-30-2005, 05:42 PM
spice girls
stryper
biz markie
gwar
partridge family

Buddwalk
10-30-2005, 06:50 PM
My top 5 bands

Led Zeppelin
Metallica
Beatles
Black Sabbath
Queen

My top 5 guitarists

Randy Rhoads
Eric Clapton
Jimmy Page
Neal Schon
Carlos Santana

My top 5 frontmen

Freddy Mercury
Robert Plant
Steve Parry
Ozzy Osbourne
Steven Tyler

ILPhinFan88
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM
spice girls
stryper
biz markie
gwar
partridge family

You got what I need

Fin Fan in Cali
10-30-2005, 08:31 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sevendust
AC-DC
Cinderella
Sammy Hagar

unifiedtheory
10-30-2005, 09:10 PM
Tool
Alice in Chains
Faith No More
Iron Maiden
Pearl Jam

Fin Fan in Cali
10-30-2005, 09:14 PM
spice girls
stryper
biz markie
gwar
partridge familyBro what happened your date stand you up?:lol: Spice girls, and the Partridge family, man you would think if she did show up, she kicked you in the twins,and really clouded your judgement.:rofl3:

Fin Fan in Cali
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sevendust
AC-DC
Cinderella
Sammy HagarAnother one that I like that could of made the list for me was Tesla!:beerbang:

dolfan_101
10-30-2005, 09:30 PM
You got what I need

but u say he's just a friend

Buddwalk
10-30-2005, 09:49 PM
but u say he's just a friend
Never asked ya man but whats your fav zep song and fav zep solo. For me its The Ocean and Whole Lotta Love [Nice solo...i can play]

dolfan_101
10-30-2005, 10:07 PM
Never asked ya man but whats your fav zep song and fav zep solo. For me its The Ocean and Whole Lotta Love [Nice solo...i can play]

My favorite song has to be Ten Years Gone or The Rain Song. My favorite solo is either Whole Lotta Love, or What What Is And What Should Never Be. U should put w.l.l. on ur recordings list.

Buddwalk
10-30-2005, 10:25 PM
My favorite song has to be Ten Years Gone or The Rain Song. My favorite solo is either Whole Lotta Love, or What What Is And What Should Never Be. U should put w.l.l. on ur recordings list.

Too bad you dont got aim...im bout to play some stuff for one of the FH members right now. :tongue:

THOMAS_54
10-31-2005, 01:25 AM
linkin park

Batman13
10-31-2005, 01:40 AM
Well you ask what happened... Live: Lost their angst (probably the worst thing that can happen to a good alt-rock band) Oasis: My guess is the 5 year break got to them, but the only really good album they had was Morning Glory. (of course, one really good album is more than most bands have). Whitesnake... where they ever any good?! Pink Floyd: well it's been 35 years, man. You can't expect anyone to keep it up for that long. As for the rest, couldn't really tell ya.
My top 5:
Nirvana
Led Zep
Tool/ A Perfect Circle (may as well clump them togethor)
Our Lady Peace... Before the "Gravity" album
Pink Floyd

Pagan
10-31-2005, 07:57 AM
Whitesnake... where they ever any good?!
:shakeno: Bro, the musicians in Whitesnake - talent-wise - smoke almost all of the bands out there today.

The funniest thing is that is you look at bands for the talent of the musicians in them only, the best band of the last 25 years - talent-wise - was WINGER. Every one of those guys was a phenominal player, they just chose to be really REALLY commericial. :lol:

My list would be:

~ Led Zeppelin
~ Iron Maiden
~ Queen
~ Rush
~ Judas Priest

My five lately would be

~ Symphony X
~ Adagio
~ Masterplan
~ Angra
~ Kamelot

poornate
10-31-2005, 09:40 AM
Tool/ A Perfect Circle (may as well clump them togethor)

You may as well not just clump them together. Those two bands have only one thing in common and that is a vocalist.

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 01:50 PM

My :2c: on Zeppelin...

Favorite song - Kashmir
Favorite Solo - what is and what should never be

:D

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
I really can't say top 5, I change all the time. I go thru moods!

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 05:23 PM
I go thru moods!

It was so very tempting to make a "monthly issue" comment here....:evil:

But since I already hurt your feelings once today... I'll refrain.... ;)

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2005, 07:25 PM
It was so very tempting to make a "monthly issue" comment here....:evil:

But since I already hurt your feelings once today... I'll refrain.... ;)

:(

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 07:27 PM
:(

:lol:

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM

Your killing me! I had to ride all those miles the past few days, then trick or treat with my kids, wait till I'm 100 percent! Your gonna get it!:)

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 07:44 PM
Your killing me! I had to ride all those miles the past few days, then trick or treat with my kids, wait till I'm 100 percent! Your gonna get it!:)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 07:45 PM
BTW... how was the trip? How many miles did you get in?

NJFINSFAN1
10-31-2005, 08:24 PM
BTW... how was the trip? How many miles did you get in?

First day killed me! 42 miles in total. Up 3700 feet up, then down and 16 miles on the road back to the camp. Man, I never hurt so much. But the beer was good afterwards!:)

15 miles on friday morning on rough rocky mountains. A nap at 3:00PM, then plenty of beers!

Sat we went into West Virginia and road 15 plus more and camped out in the George Washington Park, drank many beers.

I need two weeks off to recover! I'll post some pics soon, my buddy video taped a lot also.

dolfan_101
10-31-2005, 10:18 PM
My :2c: on Zeppelin...

Favorite song - Kashmir
Favorite Solo - what is and what should never be

:D

Nice Choice!:D

Buddwalk
10-31-2005, 10:19 PM
Damn guys i just got wasted still am....:lol:

unifiedtheory
10-31-2005, 11:24 PM
You may as well not just clump them together. Those two bands have only one thing in common and that is a vocalist.

I was going to say the EXACT same thing until you stole my thunder....great comment.

Blitz
11-01-2005, 01:50 AM
The Beatles
Pink Floyd
Bruce Springsteen
Bob Dylan
The Eagles