PDA

View Full Version : Can you read this?

HugeFinFan
10-29-2005, 06:59 PM
Can you raed tihs? Olny 83plepoe can so far. :-)

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs rpsoet it.

:D

Jimi
10-29-2005, 07:07 PM
Yea ive seen this before actually. One of my teachers had it. Pretty cool.

Prime
10-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I remember doing something like this about a year ago. It's a pretty cool thing to try and do.

RWhitney014
10-29-2005, 07:11 PM
I've seen it too.

Jt0323
10-29-2005, 07:13 PM
yeah me too

cnc66
10-29-2005, 07:48 PM
I burst a blood vessel in my retina, in my right(power) eye. It created a blank spot about 6:00 o'clock in my sight. While I read, or tried to read the bottoms of all the letters that go below the line were cut off. This so affected my ability to read that it took more than six months to relearn how to "quickly" read(instead of staring at one word at a time) It also affected my confidence in "sighting" things for straight and true.

NaboCane
10-29-2005, 09:31 PM
Bite me. Good spelling is an important part of communicating clearly; if you aren't trying to communicate your thoughts, ideas, opinions in words, well then...why bother at all?

I don't mean we should be calling each other out for the slightest honest mistake, that's not cool at all. But this attitude that spelling doesn't matter at all, and that you're not going to make the effort is just laziness and bull****.

CalDolFan1014
10-30-2005, 12:54 AM
I can read it....does this mean I have dyslexia? :goof: :lol:

CalDolFan1014
10-30-2005, 12:56 AM
Bite me. Good spelling is an important part of communicating clearly; if you aren't trying to communicate your thoughts, ideas, opinions in words, well then...why bother at all?

I don't mean we should be calling each other out for the slightest honest mistake, that's not cool at all. But this attitude that spelling doesn't matter at all, and that you're not going to make the effort is just laziness and bull****.

Wow, why so hostile?

King Nate
10-30-2005, 09:35 AM

:clap: Bravo! I completely agree!

cnc66
10-30-2005, 09:39 AM
compliments of the Mole;

I never had any large respect for good spelling. That is my feeling yet. Before the spelling-book came with its arbitrary forms, men unconsciously revealed shades of their characters and also added enlightening shades of expression to what they wrote by their spelling, and so it is possible that the spelling-book has been a doubtful benevolence to us.
- Mark Twain's Autobiography

WharfRat
10-30-2005, 09:43 AM
I can read it... but it's awkward....

Quelonio
10-30-2005, 12:25 PM

I don't think he meant it as to prove that spelling is not important, i think it had more to do with pointing out the result of a study that proves something interesting as to how our brain works. I mean i doubt he is thinking of starting to write like that it is vrey dfifiuclt you hvae to atcaully tinhk eevry wrod damn, i give up.

miamikid92
10-30-2005, 12:39 PM
yeah i can read it seen it on aim a while ago

BigDogsHunt
11-03-2005, 04:03 PM
I cant read it, its all misspelled, what does it say?

miamikid92
11-03-2005, 04:21 PM
I cant read it, its all misspelled, what does it say?

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

i couldnt beleve that i could actually understand what i was reading. The phenomenal? power of the human mind, according to research at cambridge university it doesnt matter in what order the letters in a word are the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the rightplace

BigDogsHunt
11-03-2005, 04:25 PM

i couldnt beleve that i could actually understand what i was reading. The phenomenal? power of the human mind, according to research at cambridge university it doesnt matter in what order the letters in a word are the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the rightplace

:rofl:

tknhas!

WharfRat
11-03-2005, 04:43 PM
tknhas!

pro noblem

BigDogsHunt
11-03-2005, 04:47 PM
pro noblem

:lol2:

That sounds Latin!

WharfRat
11-03-2005, 04:52 PM
:lol2:

That sounds Latin!

:lol:

My favorite Latin phrase?

Illegitimatti non te carborundum

BigDogsHunt
11-03-2005, 05:34 PM
:lol:

My favorite Latin phrase?

Illegitimatti non te carborundum

Illegitimati non carborundum.
Don't let the *******s grind you down. (bas****s)

Mine is:

Illiud Latine dici non potest.
You can't say that in Latin.

a bunch are here: http://www.geocities.com/krishna_kunchith/humor/greek-latin.html

Daytona Fin
11-03-2005, 05:44 PM
took me about 7 seconds to read it

FinsNCanes
11-03-2005, 05:57 PM
I've seen this before. Not sure how it works but it's pretty neat. I can pretty much read it like I would if it was spelled correctly.