PDA

View Full Version : Dolphan in Falcon territory

BigDolphan
10-31-2005, 09:16 AM
I'm getting lots of trash talking from the Falcon fans here in Atlanta...anybody think we stand a chance? I do. What's the line on the game?

nick1
10-31-2005, 12:00 PM
Falcons are winning the odds +2 points

PHINPHOURLIFE
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
this should be a real close game, if we play the way we have been playing at home. i wouldnt count us out by no means. we usuallly play the falcons decent anyways.:)

Whatsdatson20
10-31-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm getting lots of trash talking from the Falcon fans here in Atlanta...anybody think we stand a chance? I do. What's the line on the game?

We will play way better than the crappy Jets did on monday night. Believe that.

Thanatos
11-01-2005, 07:49 PM

We're trying to pass legislation to have all fans of out of town teams deported, lol... B)

NativeFin
11-01-2005, 07:53 PM
We're trying to pass legislation to have all fans of out of town teams deported, lol... B)

don't know why, when the R. Mexico craze fades your stadium will be as empty as a Atlanta Hawk game ... you'll be needing any fans you can get to fill your seats.:lol:

finfan32
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
don't know why, when the R. Mexico craze fades your stadium will be as empty as a Atlanta Hawk game ... you'll be needing any fans you can get to fill your seats.:lol:

its so funny, i never saw a falcons jersey until three years ago, falcons fans remind me of the pu**y a*s pats fans, were going to stomp on them just like florida does georgia every year.

Thanatos
11-01-2005, 08:02 PM

I hear ya, lol...

I've been a fan of this team since 1976 (basically since I got out of diapers). I remember those cold, rainy days in the middle of November and December at old Fulton County Stadium with no one but 5000 or so die hards sitting around the place. Since Vick came on board, he has been a one man marketing bonanza. The problem is, we've had to deal with tons of VA Tech gomers on our site hyping him all day and night, while claiming we should sign every ex-Hokie known to mankind...

I make sure I remind them that the day #7 retires will be the day they all fade into oblivion. There are plenty of true fans out there, but they expect success by and large before they put out their cash to go to the games. As long as the team wins, they'll be packing the Dome. Lose, and people will find something else to spend their money on around here...

NativeFin
11-01-2005, 08:06 PM
I hear ya, lol...

I've been a fan of this team since 1976 (basically since I got out of diapers). I remember those cold, rainy days in the middle of November and December at old Fulton County Stadium with no one but 5000 or so die hards sitting around the place. Since Vick came on board, he has been a one man marketing bonanza. The problem is, we've had to deal with tons of VA Tech gomers on our site hyping him all day and night, while claiming we should sign every ex-Hokie known to mankind...

I make sure I remind them that the day #7 retires will be the day they all fade into oblivion. There are plenty of true fans out there, but they expect success by and large before they put out their cash to go to the games. As long as the team wins, they'll be packing the Dome. Lose, and people will find something else to spend their money on around here...

tis the nature of any market I guess ..... either way I only speak negative about R. Mexico cuz he's not on our squad, but I must say with that faaacker your Dome should be packed for quite a few more years. Good Luck ..... after this Sunday.:lol:

Thanatos
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
tis the nature of any market I guess ..... either way I only speak negative about R. Mexico cuz he's not on our squad, but I must say with that faaacker your Dome should be packed for quite a few more years. Good Luck ..... after this Sunday.:lol:

Same to you guys on the luck thing, lol...

As far as wanting Vick goes? When you think that, just keep in mind that we'd have given our first born children to have had Dan Marino all those years, lol...

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 08:49 PM
its so funny, i never saw a falcons jersey until three years ago, falcons fans remind me of the pu**y a*s pats fans, were going to stomp on them just like florida does georgia every year.

Actually... I used to see a lot of Jamal Anderson jerseys back in the late 90's... got kinda quite until the last year or two though....

You guys had a pretty good run in in 98 (I think) when you went to the Super bowl...

It was such a shame that Anderson blew out his knee... he was an amazing RB,but he never really recovered after the injury...

Thanatos
11-01-2005, 09:33 PM
Actually... I used to see a lot of Jamal Anderson jerseys back in the late 90's... got kinda quite until the last year or two though....

You guys had a pretty good run in in 98 (I think) when you went to the Super bowl...

It was such a shame that Anderson blew out his knee... he was an amazing RB,but he never really recovered after the injury...

That has sadly been our history. It's easy to look at records and think the team has been bad all those years, but in reality, bad luck has contributed to most of our downfalls after winning seasons. You mentioned 98 and the SB, then in 99 Jam goes down in the first game for the year, then Chandler (QB) gets hurt, too, not to mention we lost a couple of big pieces who retired and to FA, and Brooking broke his ankle. Then, Jam comes back again, and blows out the other knee, Chandler is out of gas, and we're back where we started.

It happened in the early 90s as well with injuries. Same deal in the early 80s, when SI said we'd be the team of the 80s, and then William Andrews (Madden wrote a book, saying he was a HOFer if he hadn't gotten injured), and Steve Bartkowski both got injuries that basically ended their careers.

We've suffered alot on that front...

And btw, I still have my Jamal Anderson jersey in the closet next to the others, lol...

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 09:37 PM
then Chandler (QB) gets hurt, too,

ahhh yes... I remember the "Crystal Chandelier" jokes... didn't he spend more time in the hospital than on the field towards the end? or was he already out of Atlanta by then....

Thanatos
11-01-2005, 09:42 PM
ahhh yes... I remember the "Crystal Chandelier" jokes... didn't he spend more time in the hospital than on the field towards the end? or was he already out of Atlanta by then....

:rofl3: Yep! That joke still floats around in the air above Atlanta, lol...

He actually went to Chicago after here and finished up backing up in St Louis, if I'm not mistaken. Heck, he played for about half the teams in the league. He actually is a mirror image of Bledsoe. As long as he had a top notch OL to keep him protected, he could pick a team apart. As soon as he started taking sacks, it was truly sad to watch...

WharfRat
11-01-2005, 09:47 PM
:rofl3: Yep! That joke still floats around in the air above Atlanta, lol...

He actually went to Chicago after here and finished up backing up in St Louis, if I'm not mistaken. Heck, he played for about half the teams in the league. He actually is a mirror image of Bledsoe. As long as he had a top notch OL to keep him protected, he could pick a team apart. As soon as he started taking sacks, it was truly sad to watch...

That's right... I remember now that he went to Chicago...that was the year they went through about 4 QBs... Chandler actually started off well... but every time he'd heal...he'd get hurt in his first game back....

BigDolphan
11-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I see the falcons of today like the Dolphins of the Marino era. Great QB, few quality support players.

Vick is a very physical player. Unfortunately that will most likely shorten his career. He'll provide winning seasons while he plays, but unless the rest of the team gets better, Vick will retire without a ring. That would be a shame.

I wish more than anything Marino had gotten his. He deserved it.

Thanatos
11-02-2005, 06:21 PM
I see the falcons of today like the Dolphins of the Marino era. Great QB, few quality support players.

Vick is a very physical player. Unfortunately that will most likely shorten his career. He'll provide winning seasons while he plays, but unless the rest of the team gets better, Vick will retire without a ring. That would be a shame.

I wish more than anything Marino had gotten his. He deserved it.

You'll find out on Sunday that we have plenty of quality support players. The difference between Vick and his Falcons cast and Marino and his Fins cast is that Vick actually has a top NFL runner, and a great OL in front of him. I'll not go into how exponentially better this team is than just about any that Marino enjoyed while playing. I'll just say wait until Sunday.

Our schedule over the past season and a half is littered with teams who thought we were all about #7 and nothing else. When you see these numbers: 28,83,45,86 making plays on offense, and 75,97,56,24,21 beating you down on defense, you'll walk away with a loss, and a realization that you've been concentrating on the wrong thing when talking about the Falcons...

I just hope your coaches do the same thing. It'll make for an easy day for us... :cool:

QB2RonnieTD23
11-02-2005, 06:39 PM

Remember when the Hawks got good in the 80's and 90's Atlanta was a basketball town :lol:

^ Thats how it's working for their football team

BALLS DEEP
11-03-2005, 12:23 PM
I hear ya, lol...

Well maybe you'll be able to daft Marcus. He should be able to come right off the bench and win once # 7 runs himself into a wheelchair.

PlayoffBound7
11-03-2005, 02:26 PM
Well maybe you'll be able to daft Marcus. He should be able to come right off the bench and win once # 7 runs himself into a wheelchair.

Why would a wheelchair be in the endzone? :confused: