PDA

View Full Version : Need advice from Ft. Lauderdale & Miami locals...

FinaticalOne
10-31-2005, 09:57 AM
Sorry mods, if this is not supposed to be in this forum, but I'm trying to get a general consensus from the majority population of Finheaven, and most posters don't check out the other forums in Finheaven. Por favor, please leave this thread here for a day and you can move it to where it needs to go afterward. Thanks :) .

I'm flying down for the Fins vs. Falcons game and I will be arriving there early Friday morning. My friends and I want to do a lot of bar/club hopping this weekend. We are staying at a hotel in Miami Beach on Collins Ave (about 5-6 miles north of South Beach). What are some of the can't-miss hot spots down there? We are not interested in the trendy clubs with the velvet rope. We're looking for a great party spot with hot women (of course ;) ) All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance everyone :) .

:feedback:

BennyVW
10-31-2005, 10:48 AM
Easy...The Red cross shelter is really hopping right now....

NLude33
10-31-2005, 11:08 AM
I am not a local, but been down there a few times. All you have to do is walk down South Beach. There are soooo many clubs, that you can find something. Bring your Visa card, and have fun.

scotgif
10-31-2005, 11:11 AM
The Clevelander is always hoppin. Also, don't miss Mangos (Kinda pricey, but the view is worth it).

MNFINFAN
10-31-2005, 11:23 AM
The Clevelander is always hoppin. Also, don't miss Mangos (Kinda pricey, but the view is worth it).
Always loved the Clevelander, so many wannabe models hanging around looking pretty. I will be down for the Pats game so I will be back down on Saturday night, scoping out the scenary! Where is Mangos, I am not familiar with that one but the clubs have a habit of coming and going :)

Canadi-Phin
10-31-2005, 11:28 AM
I'm not a local either but Mangoes is always fun when I go to Miami. I'll be there for the Falcons this weekend and then the Pats. I love Miami. Check out 10best.com under Miami. They can give you the hook up on all the clubs. The Clevelander was a blast, from what I remember, it was my birthday and my friends didn't let me see the end of shots al night, but lots of ladies.

Gonk
10-31-2005, 11:32 AM
If you get the chance, be sure to check out Las Olas in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Lots of bars/clubs/restaurants along there... although I'm not sure how damaged it has gotten since the hurricane.

Jnaledu3
10-31-2005, 12:01 PM
Just dont come down here. Trust me.

Here is the better option. Instead, fly to Orlando and hang out there all weekend. Rent a car, then make the 3.5 hour drive to Dolphin Stadium to see the game, then take your flight out of Fort Lauderdale.

This place is a mess. Dade county wont be fully restored until November 22.

WharfRat
10-31-2005, 12:03 PM
All you have to do is walk down South Beach. There are soooo many clubs, that you can find something. Bring your Visa card, and have fun.

Try The Birdcage....

sorry....
:jk:... that movie was just on the other night...

Coral Reefer
10-31-2005, 12:11 PM
Sorry mods, if this is not supposed to be in this forum, but I'm trying to get a general consensus from the majority population of Finheaven, and most posters don't check out the other forums in Finheaven. Por favor, please leave this thread here for a day and you can move it to where it needs to go afterward. Thanks :) .

I'm flying down for the Fins vs. Falcons game and I will be arriving there early Friday morning. My friends and I want to do a lot of bar/club hopping this weekend. We are staying at a hotel in Miami Beach on Collins Ave (about 5-6 miles north of South Beach). What are some of the can't-miss hot spots down there? We are not interested in the trendy clubs with the velvet rope. We're looking for a great party spot with hot women (of course ;) ) All suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance everyone :) .

:feedback:

Cleavlander like many mentioned is great.
It's more like a bar/hang out place than a night club though. It's a good starting place for the night.

Club Opium Garden is a dance club that is great.
You'll see everything there.

A good club to see some high rollers with their model "arm candy" is Nikki Beach Club.

If you want to see a really hard core dance club there is Club Space in downtown Miami right across the bay.
It has a 24 hr. liqour license and dosen't even get busy till 1 A.M.

Someone mentioned Ft. Lauderdale.
Ft. Lauderdale is a nicer place these days.
A good club there is Voodoo Lounge.
Always has fantastic girls there.

We got hit pretty hard here in Ft. Lauderdale though and I don't know what is going to be open so you might as well stay down on SoBe.

Coral Reefer
10-31-2005, 12:12 PM
Just dont come down here. Trust me.

Here is the better option. Instead, fly to Orlando and hang out there all weekend. Rent a car, then make the 3.5 hour drive to Dolphin Stadium to see the game, then take your flight out of Fort Lauderdale.

This place is a mess. Dade county wont be fully restored until November 22.

South Beach is fully operational right now.
Power restored and all the clubs are open.

Ft. Lauderdale is a different story altogether!
How'd you do in the storm?

We lost the usual, trees, electric, phone, pool enclosure but nothing you'd consider serious seeing how strong Wilma ended up being.

Jnaledu3
10-31-2005, 12:32 PM
South Beach is fully operational right now.
Power restored and all the clubs are open.

Ft. Lauderdale is a different story altogether!
How'd you do in the storm?

We lost the usual, trees, electric, phone, pool enclosure but nothing you'd consider serious seeing how strong Wilma ended up being.

I lost about 10 trees, 2 of them being 25 year old oak trees (35 ft high). One of them fell on the house. I also lost about 60 percent of the fencing around the house. We still dont have power, Im using a generator right now. Bellsouth hooked up generators to the phone lines though, so we have that.

I didnt realize that S Beach was back up already, but I still wouldnt come down here for awile if I were a tourist.

Considering everything, I think we are doing pretty good. Its good to see that youre alright as well:).

Coral Reefer
10-31-2005, 12:39 PM
Considering everything, I think we are doing pretty good. Its good to see that youre alright as well:).

I agree, overall considering the strength we got out lucky.
Sorry to hear about the tree on the house, that's not good.
So much for Wilma weakening to a 1 when it got to us!
I don't think it weakened much at all if any!

Have you been downtown and seen all the blow outs on the high risers?

Jnaledu3
10-31-2005, 12:48 PM
I agree, overall considering the strength we got out lucky.
Sorry to hear about the tree on the house, that's not good.
So much for Wilma weakening to a 1 when it got to us!
I don't think it weakened much at all if any!

Have you been downtown and seen all the blow outs on the high risers?

Yeah, it was definitely a 3 when it hit us. The worst part was that my area never really got the eye. We just got about every side of the storm.

I havent really strayed too far from my area yet (west broward, near weston), so I havent seen Fort Lauderdale yet. I work in Pompano, but we are still closed since its gotten REALLY bad there with the leaking sewage and everything.

We got lucky with the tree, it just kind of hit the house, striped some tiles off, then fell. It didnt actually damage the roof itself, just the tiles. But many of my neighbors had shingled roofs, and had a lot of water damage.

FinaticalOne
10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
First, I'm glad most of you guys have been fortunate as to not suffering any serious damage or injuries. Sorry about your house Jnaledu3, hope everything is taken care of for you quickly and stress-free. We thought about cancelling our trip, but my friends were adamant about still going, so we'll be there cheering on the Fins. Going to the Fins game is first and foremost, the clubs and bars are secondary for us; it's just something we want to know about to keep us occupied until the game.

I appreciate the input everyone. Thanks.