PDA

View Full Version : maybe you madden fanboys can answer me this

Slappy8800
10-31-2005, 06:01 PM
why...why.....is it that the comp.'s DB's ALWAYS have my reciever's covered...i mean, no matter the play....but then, i drop everyone back in almost a prevent Defense, and yet their recivers are behind my DB's.....HOW? WHY?!

unifiedtheory
11-04-2005, 11:42 PM
why...why.....is it that the comp.'s DB's ALWAYS have my reciever's covered...i mean, no matter the play....but then, i drop everyone back in almost a prevent Defense, and yet their recivers are behind my DB's.....HOW? WHY?!

Because the computer cheats...plain and simple.

If you're using the QB vision you can still throw to those covered recievers though.

backpacker
11-04-2005, 11:55 PM
I usually can get the ball to my receiver's on short posts or screen plays, and then hope to make a play with the ball. But there is no chance of a deep bomb in Madden because in some magical way, the cornerbacks manage to go from sprinting after your receiver and make a jump to defend the pass that most would struggle to do while jogging. Bull****.

byroan
11-04-2005, 11:57 PM
It's a pain in the *** to throw the deep ball. I'll have a fast WR on a LB deep downfield and the LB is with him the whole way. What I've done now is drafted and signed tall WR's. I complete more deep passes now because they can go up higher than the DB.

Matt Jones is a Phin. :D

Dolfan984
11-05-2005, 01:29 AM
Honestly, I complete a fair amount of deep balls controling my WR instead of the cpu doing it.

The qb cone rocks too.

Agent51
11-05-2005, 06:36 PM

WHO? MATT JONES!
WHO? MATT JONES!
WHO? MATT JONES!

sorry, I HATE HATE HATE that Mike Jones song but it's stuck in my head and your post just set it off again.

byroan
11-06-2005, 05:20 AM
WHO? MATT JONES!
WHO? MATT JONES!
WHO? MATT JONES!

sorry, I HATE HATE HATE that Mike Jones song but it's stuck in my head and your post just set it off again.

:rofl3: I hate everyone involved with swisha house.

Prime Time
11-06-2005, 01:32 PM
Honestly, I complete a fair amount of deep balls controling my WR instead of the cpu doing it.

The qb cone rocks too.

As do I. It's not super hard to complete a deep pass. Like 984 said its better for you to do the catching. As soon as I throw it, I take control of my WR and run with him and make the grab...it is better, especially If the ball is underthrown because I can make the WR stop and try to catch it instead of the CPU's method of tryin' to catch on the run which makes the player turn sideways...

Agent51
11-06-2005, 06:07 PM
As do I. It's not super hard to complete a deep pass. Like 984 said its better for you to do the catching. As soon as I throw it, I take control of my WR and run with him and make the grab...it is better, especially If the ball is underthrown because I can make the WR stop and try to catch it instead of the CPU's method of tryin' to catch on the run which makes the player turn sideways...

do you use triangle (or whatever it is on XBox) to catch or do you just run to the ball and have it auto catch?

Prime Time
11-06-2005, 07:34 PM
do you use triangle (or whatever it is on XBox) to catch or do you just run to the ball and have it auto catch?

I use triangle and depending on the throw, also press the turbo button.

Predaphin
11-07-2005, 04:40 PM
what are you guys talking about??? My WR's are always open....if it's not one, then it's the other...unless you're always streaking all your WR's

Agent51
11-07-2005, 07:49 PM
what are you guys talking about??? My WR's are always open....if it's not one, then it's the other...unless you're always streaking all your WR's

I think thats what they are talking about, deep bombs.

Slappy8800
11-07-2005, 08:54 PM
I miss ESPN :( im thinking about trading Madden in for Blitz cause this **** is ridiculous

byroan
11-07-2005, 09:23 PM
I miss ESPN :( im thinking about trading Madden in for Blitz cause this **** is ridiculous

:yeahthat:

I do control my receivers. The second my receiver looks like he's open, the LB or CB catches up to him once I throw the ball. It's stupid. You guys must play on easy if you complete deep passes with ease.

HugeFinFan
11-07-2005, 09:39 PM
It's a pain in the *** to throw the deep ball. I'll have a fast WR on a LB deep downfield and the LB is with him the whole way. What I've done now is drafted and signed tall WR's. I complete more deep passes now because they can go up higher than the DB.

Totally agree. David Boston is twice the reciever as Chambers and Booker because he's bigger and can catch the deep balls. I hate it and I hope his changes in next-gen Madden. :mad:

Slappy8800
11-09-2005, 09:52 AM
wh ycant my DB's catch an INT?!

AquaInferno
11-11-2005, 05:52 PM
Because the computer cheats...plain and simple.

If you're using the QB vision you can still throw to those covered recievers though.

The CPU only "cheats" in All Madden. I crush the CPU in All-Pro (With the Phins none the less). But I can't move up because it gets absurd how lucky the CPU gets.

Some good pass plays are TE outs (Hot route Left or Right), slot receivers running corner routes are pretty dangerous. Also don't be afraid to run, even on 2nd and 10. Don't be afraid to throw on some 1st and 10s. Keeping the opposite defense guessing is a great way to win, also control the clock, don't run a 2 min offense every possession. And for the love of God, do yourself a favor and punt on 4th down.

Those are all of the Madden tips i'll be giving for now

THOMAS_54
11-11-2005, 11:58 PM
For long passes, all I do is become Chambers right before the catch and jump up, it's working very well from me.

Fudge 101
11-12-2005, 01:32 AM
To semi-test your plays and the computers ease...go into practice mode. Se the difficulty you want, then practice. The best way, is to pick your play then hit i think its square for their defense to be all random. If you keep practicing the same play, you can see the defense starts picking goal line formations and you have to audible or w/e. I think they really took pride in creating the game so you cant execute the same formation and same play everytime. So you have to mix it up. Also try picking a run then audibling right before to make the comp adjust. Put recievers in motion to stop the bump and run or change DBs. If your playing with the Fins, Send ronnie out deep in motion and lob it because he burns the LB's... Just my 0.02$ but I do hate how the game "cheats" to come back...

byroan
11-12-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm 13-2 in my all-pro franchise. Should be 14-1 but I missed an extra point with Mare. :nono:

I'm gonna take another shot at all-madden in the next season. :(

Buddwalk
11-12-2005, 02:51 AM
Heres what i do for big plays. Send my tight end on a post to the left put my left WR [I play with the bengals alot so its TJ Houshmandzadeh] Send him on a fly. Wait til the tightend breaks his route then the safety double covering my wr on the left breaks off and covers the TE...then I just bomb it deep to TJ. I take control of him and run to it and catch it ;)

THOMAS_54
11-13-2005, 02:09 AM
I'm 10-3 on my season. The level is All-Madden with all the a.i. down 1 on CPU team. Ronnie Brown has 1680 yards and 19 touchdowns.

Hellion
11-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Are you guys using any kinda touch on your passes? On all pro or madden I wait until the time is right to throw it deep. I wait for the safety to commit to blitz I always stay in my drops that the play requires and just quickly or lightly tap the button that reps the WR i want to send deep.
In superstar I used to do that with Moss then I got traded to Detroit and now Roy Williams is my deep threat.

To add to what Fudge was saying, I use hot routes and audibles alot, and change your line protection when you see LBers or safeties blitzing.

On runs I will change the run direction at the LOS then send a WR, TE or FB in motion to force the defense to change it's coverage.