PDA

View Full Version : Hokie's Going Down This Week

caneproud117
11-01-2005, 01:54 PM
I'll go on the record and say the Hokie's lose this week. It's going to be a low scoring game, something like 14-10 or 17-13. Lots of ball control and smash mouth football.

kastofsna120
11-01-2005, 01:58 PM
72-3, the U

Philter25
11-01-2005, 02:27 PM
72-3, the U

Ill take that bet. :lol:

Motion
11-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Gonna be a great game no doubt. I'm going with the Hokies.

Buddwalk
11-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Techs defense isnt as solid as miamis and Vick has struggled throwing the ball this year...Tech is only rated that high cause they really havnt played any good defenses yet. 38-17 Miami...4 tds Tyrone Moss...:D

StuckInTexasFin
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Lets Go Canes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NorthFloridaFin
11-01-2005, 07:02 PM
21-17 Va. Tech

Virginia Tech is Miami's daddy!!!!

dolphinfan2k5
11-01-2005, 07:05 PM
VT wins easily, 31 - 17

Nappy Roots
11-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Techs defense isnt as solid as miamis and Vick has struggled throwing the ball this year...Tech is only rated that high cause they really havnt played any good defenses yet. 38-17 Miami...4 tds Tyrone Moss...:D

:m359:

Ottoevans
11-01-2005, 07:13 PM
they havent played anyone good and they did struggle against NC State, although it was the 1st game

byroan
11-01-2005, 07:19 PM
31-10 Vt.

Nappy Roots
11-01-2005, 07:23 PM
they havent played anyone good and they did struggle against NC State, although it was the 1st game

they havent? what about the Canes, besides Florida state, they havent played anyone either.

VT blew out a decent Ga-Tech team. then beat a pretty good BC team pretty easy last week.

MikeO
11-01-2005, 08:24 PM
I hope Miami wins, but I think VT takes it

Motion
11-01-2005, 11:10 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice try.

Phishstix
11-02-2005, 12:18 AM

:rofl3: pass that blunt to phishstix!

Buddwalk
11-02-2005, 12:28 AM
:rofl3: pass that blunt to phishstix!
will do

SuperFin34
11-02-2005, 10:11 PM
Coming from a huge miami fan, I dont see us beating them in their house. our offense is still too shaky. Yes they are overrated but we are too. But, as Berman says "that's why they play the game" I say 21-17 VT with a big play on special teams deciding it. :(

phinphan896
11-03-2005, 09:50 AM
Two Words: Devin Hester

C-Money84
11-03-2005, 04:56 PM
GO TECH!!!
GO TECH!!!
H-O-K-I-E-S
HOKIES!!!

The Lane is gonna be rocking, here's to an injury free game, and another win for the Hokies!!!!

Nappy Roots
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM

2 words: team game

Phishstix
11-04-2005, 10:14 AM

hester gets off vs temple and duke. he may make me eat my words, but he's never done a thing vs fsu or vt.

nick1
11-04-2005, 11:36 AM
I say Miami wins 21-6

which brings me to my debate on Miami and VT, Some sports writers think that VT has passed Miami as a better team and as a bigger dynasty but I don't agree. Miami has more national titles, and more Big East/ACC titles in the past 10 or so years. So how is it that VT is the better dynasty?

nick1
11-04-2005, 11:41 AM
How is VT the better team? even this year? Moss is better than Humes or whoever their back is, Wright has more potential as a passer than Vick and Hester is much better than whoever their returnman is. Those are a few ex. of why I say Miami is better this year and will be better next year.

Miami will be a powerhouse over the next few years or so. Wright will be coming into his own and Moss will be back next year. Olsen will be a Cane for at least another year. Kenny Philips will be a Cane for two or three more years and is already good as a freshman.

Nappy Roots
11-04-2005, 11:56 AM
How is VT the better team? even this year? Wright has more potential as a passer than Vick.

Does that matter to who is the better team now?

VT>>Miami

nick1
11-04-2005, 12:00 PM
Does that matter to who is the better team now?

VT>>Miami
VT is not better than Miami. Who has the #1 D in the nation? who has the better RB? who has the better KR/PR?

those are the things that matter most in a close defensive game. this game will be won by the better rushing team and the team with the better special teams.

Miami will win just you watch

StuckInTexasFin
11-04-2005, 01:47 PM
I think Moss is a senior

Oboy
11-04-2005, 01:57 PM
VT is not better than Miami. Who has the #1 D in the nation? who has the better RB? who has the better KR/PR?

those are the things that matter most in a close defensive game. this game will be won by the better rushing team and the team with the better special teams.

Actually the #1 SCORING D (which is all that matters) is VT.

"The Hokies have the nation's No. 1 scoring defense (9.13), while the Hurricanes are No. 1 in total defense and have allowed just 10.86 points per game. "

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/john_walters/11/03/weekend.pickoff/index.html

This game will feature TWO GREAT Defenses and two mediocre offenses. I think VT wins it because they will feed off of the crowd.

nick1
11-04-2005, 02:09 PM
I think Moss is a senior
T.Moss is a Jr.

Phishstix
11-04-2005, 02:33 PM
How is VT the better team? even this year? Moss is better than Humes or whoever their back is, Wright has more potential as a passer than Vick and Hester is much better than whoever their returnman is. Those are a few ex. of why I say Miami is better this year and will be better next year.

Miami will be a powerhouse over the next few years or so. Wright will be coming into his own and Moss will be back next year. Olsen will be a Cane for at least another year. Kenny Philips will be a Cane for two or three more years and is already good as a freshman.

at some of the skill positions, um is stronger than vt, but it appears that vt is stronger up front, where games are won and lost.

kastofsna120
11-04-2005, 03:18 PM
vatech's o-line is 10 times better than miami's

Cuban Dave 9
11-04-2005, 03:58 PM

Can somebody say Homer???

Anyway I hope the Canes win just to mess with the BCS a little bit but VaTech is one tough team. On the bright side, much like the gators were picked to lose against Georgia last week by all the "experts", UM is also picked to lose to VaTech

Come on, give me some early Thanksgiving wishes:

Before:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/virginiatech2_logo-1.jpg

After:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/turkey_dinner3-1.jpg

Cuban Dave 9
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM

Yes and VT has the second ranked defense...Those are two extremes huh? And wasn't the FSU game two great defensive teams? Did UM aslso have the better RB? Did UM have the better KR/PR?

nick1
11-04-2005, 05:25 PM
Yes and VT has the second ranked defense...Those are two extremes huh? And wasn't the FSU game two great defensive teams? Did UM aslso have the better RB? Did UM have the better KR/PR?
Miami lost that game. FSU didn't win it they simply allowed Miami to lose it. Miami missed two FGs and miss held another FG and with any of those FGs made the game would have been tied. FSU lost that game as far as I'm concerned

Cuban Dave 9
11-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Miami lost that game. FSU didn't win it they simply allowed Miami to lose it. Miami missed two FGs and miss held another FG and with any of those FGs made the game would have been tied. FSU lost that game as far as I'm concerned
Tisk tisk...i could say the same thing for the UF/UM game a couple years ago when Berlin was under center and UM came back...UF lost that game, not UM beating them...come on man, no need for an excuse

Oh OK so your saying there are more factors than what you mentioned. Hmmm I am going for UM but you gotta get your facts str8. VaTech does have the upperhand.

nick1
11-04-2005, 06:14 PM
Tisk tisk...i could say the same thing for the UF/UM game a couple years ago when Berlin was under center and UM came back...UF lost that game, not UM beating them...come on man, no need for an excuse

Oh OK so your saying there are more factors than what you mentioned. Hmmm I am going for UM but you gotta get your facts str8. VaTech does have the upperhand.
Miami has the better RB, TE, WRs, KR/PR, and also has the better D. I say Miami beats VT by a large margin and then the world sees that VT is not ahead of Miami as a franchise/dynasty.

Miami gives up less yards a game and averages slightly less yards a game on offense. Miami will win with dominate D. Wright has just the right stuff to beat the VT D. His mobility in the pocket will be deadly against VT

Bjorn
11-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Miami is going to win that way Texas will be in the National Championship without controversy.:D

nick1
11-05-2005, 07:13 PM
Texas should be #1 they are clearly better than USC whom is a team without a defense. I expect USC to lose to UCLA and have Texas at #1 with the winner of this VT-Mia game at #2 by the end of the year. Alabama is gonna lose to either LSU or Auburn or maybe both of them

Ross
11-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Looks like Miami is scared to throw the ball...

nick1
11-05-2005, 09:13 PM
Wright missed an easy TD pass

nick1
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
Miami is just too good for this untested VT team and will win easily even if T.Moss stays out the rest of the game

Ross
11-05-2005, 09:40 PM
they're throwing it now

Ross
11-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Now they've stoped again

nick1
11-05-2005, 09:49 PM
that was a cheap shot and an obvious roughing the passer on that play Kyle Wright was hurt on but nonetheless Miami can win with the back-up RB and back-up QB in the game. This is exactly why Miami is better then VT. They have much better depth...

TD Miami! :D

byroan
11-05-2005, 09:52 PM
that was a cheap shot and an obvious roughing the passer on that play Kyle Wright was hurt on but nonetheless Miami can win with the back-up RB and back-up QB in the game. This is exactly why Miami is better then VT. They have much better depth...

TD Miami! :D

Backup QB hasn't even done anything. You sure are talking a lot for a game that is barely into the 2nd qtr.

R_t_Kraken
11-05-2005, 09:56 PM
U!

Wright looks good, he's really driving this team. I'm worried about losing Tyrone Moss, he was the anchor of our O.

nick1
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Backup QB hasn't even done anything. You sure are talking a lot for a game that is barely into the 2nd qtr.
he will if given the chance, he is just as talented as Wright is

Ross
11-05-2005, 10:13 PM
miami looks like the better team so far..

dolphan117
11-05-2005, 10:16 PM
miami looks like the better team so far..

Remeber VT has a tendancy to be a second half team.

nick1
11-05-2005, 10:45 PM
Remeber VT has a tendancy to be a second half team.
so does Miami

d-day
11-05-2005, 10:46 PM
3 of our best players hurting - 10 zip halftime - go canes... :hump:

nick1
11-05-2005, 10:49 PM
Wright will be back for sure, Moss is out, and Hester I think is a question mark but watch Charlie Jones end up with 100+ yards on the game. VT shouldn't be the #2 D in the land and Miami is proving that

PressCoverage
11-05-2005, 11:06 PM
another turnover... night night VT

Ross
11-05-2005, 11:11 PM
Does Va. tech know how to play defense? Miami scoring almost eveytime they've had the ball

nick1
11-05-2005, 11:17 PM
it's over 20-0, with the way Miami is playing right now on D there's no way VT comes back.

All I was hearing all week was stuff like VT has passed Miami as a dynasty ans like there' no way Wright can escape VT's pass rush from these sports writers ans from everything I read. When I knew all along that none of it was true.

Just Win Baby
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
wow Miami's defense looks down right DOMINANT!

Ross
11-05-2005, 11:22 PM
Being a hokie fan let me be the first to congratulate the Hurricanes. They beat the hokies at every facet of the game...

Prime
11-05-2005, 11:22 PM
I can't believe that VA is getting owned at their own house. The score right now is 27-0 and it looks like that Miami will shutout VA from scoring any points tonight.

d-day
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

go canes :hump:

dolphan117
11-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Is this game as bad as it looks on gamecast? What a dissapointment. :shakeno:

PressCoverage
11-05-2005, 11:44 PM
i wonder... are they still chomping at the bit to play texas and usc?

byroan
11-05-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm here to eat my crow. I was completely wrong. VT looked like crap tonight.

nick1
11-06-2005, 12:42 AM
I hope USC loses! Miami is good enough to be in the title game! USC won't stand a chance against Texas because of their lack of D. Miami has the tools to be a great team in the upcoming years. I forsee a national championship next year or the next. When Wright acheives his potential as a passer UM will be great

NaboCane
11-06-2005, 12:47 AM
The Canes...
are...
dynamite...
the Canes are dynamite..
boomboomboomboomboomboom..
the Canes...
are...
dynamite...
the Canes are dynamite..

RWhitney014
11-06-2005, 01:06 AM
It's great...to be...a MIAMI HURRICANE!!!

That was kick-***! Bama goes down next week to LSU, and we need USC or Texas to lose. We win out, we're in!

GO CANES!!!

ether79
11-06-2005, 01:07 AM
I hope USC loses! Miami is good enough to be in the title game! USC won't stand a chance against Texas because of their lack of D. Miami has the tools to be a great team in the upcoming years. I forsee a national championship next year or the next. When Wright acheives his potential as a passer UM will be great
Did you just say that USC won't have a chance against Texas???????

Caps
11-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Man that was a great win, theres a good shot at being #3 after that and even if we aren't Bama will go down to either LSU or to whoever's in the championship game. With a little bit of luck we'll be back in this thing baby! GO CANES!!!

SMadison29
11-06-2005, 01:23 AM
The Canes are much better than I thought. Best D in the country. We would kill Texas. The NC should be USC vs Miami, the best offense vs the best defense.

USC won't stand a chance against Texas because of their lack of D.

You mean Texas won't stand a chance against USC because of their lack of D & lack of offensive weapons. If it happens USC will win in a blowout again.

dolphinfan2k5
11-06-2005, 01:36 AM
I'm here to eat my crow. I was completely wrong. VT looked like crap tonight.

:yeahthat:

CirclingWagons
11-06-2005, 01:39 AM
anybody who thinks that Texas would beat USC is on a steady diet of crack...Texas is another sacrificial big 12 team to throw ito the championship game...big 12 football is gar-bage. Miami-USC would be the ultimate NC game...the 2 most talented teams of the new millenium

SuavePhin
11-06-2005, 01:42 AM
Now that im done being giddy from that total domination of Va Tech, how good are the chances that Miami has a shot at getting in the National Title game?

Motion
11-06-2005, 01:54 AM
I must say I was impressed with the way Wright played after getting absolutely rocked. Impressive win by the Canes. Vick looked pathetic tonight.

DeathStar
11-06-2005, 02:27 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to The U.

**** VA TECH. EAT CROW YOU HOKIE FANS.

the hokies are OVERRATED. OVERRATED. OVERRATED.

DeathStar
11-06-2005, 02:29 AM
Now that im done being giddy from that total domination of Va Tech, how good are the chances that Miami has a shot at getting in the National Title game?

only way we get to the rose bowl is if usc or texas lose and probably bama. i think bama stays ahead of us but they looked bad offensively. probably wont happen, be a miracle if usc or texas loses.

Motion
11-06-2005, 02:52 AM
only way we get to the rose bowl is if usc or texas lose and probably bama. i think bama stays ahead of us but they looked bad offensively. probably wont happen, be a miracle if usc or texas loses.

Bama's going down next week. There offense has been pretty much none existent since Prothro went down.

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 04:23 AM
i'm unbanned! FREEDOM!!

seriously i don't even care if the dolphins lose. the vatech game made my week, probably even my year in football

miami completely dominated vatech. vick showed us why he sucks. when there's no threat to run, he has chance of quarterbacking. very similar to his brother. lol, he was throwing up long passes just because. miami was playing simple cover 2 man and it completely befuddled him. lol i love it...the same would happen to vince young against miami, btw

both of miami's lines outperformed both of vatech's lines easily. winston was a beast and his draft stock shot up again after a pretty average year before this. wright was very good. he converted 3rd downs, he didn't turn the ball over (well, not in any critical situation), and made great decisions with the ball in his hands. jimmy williams was pretty disappointing. he played the basic NFL out-passes pretty poorly, and i'm thinking more and more about him being a safety. speaking of corners, how bout maxey and jennings? man, what a time to shine for these guys....rocky mcintosh was everywhere, kenny phillips played BEAUTIFULLY as a cover safety, and all 10 or so guys in that d-line rotation were excellent. truly the best defense in the country

miami won the special teams battle, kicking two field goals and getting a few touchbacks on kickoffs from monroe, as well as some decent punts from him. losing hester didn't turn out to be much of a loss, and he'll probably be back next week

i knew immediately that tyrone moss got hurt on that play, but i didn't panic. the way the line was playing and the evident talent we have in our backups was more than enough to run the ball effectively against vatech's overrated defense. did vatech's linebackers do ANYthing??

miami looks damn good, and it was great to see kyle wright (and kirby freeman) not succumb to the pressure of the biggest game of the year. in fact, wright's best games this year have been on the road against FSU and vatech. gotta like that!

the loss to FSU looks horrible right now, but that's the way college is setup. if miami doesn't play in the rose bowl, they have no one to blame but themselves. guess we gotta hope for texas/usc/alabama to lose now

nick1
11-06-2005, 09:04 AM
anybody who thinks that Texas would beat USC is on a steady diet of crack...Texas is another sacrificial big 12 team to throw ito the championship game...big 12 football is gar-bage. Miami-USC would be the ultimate NC game...the 2 most talented teams of the new millenium
Texas has a great running game and Vince Young is becoming better as a passer. USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

I just hope that one of the two teams lose. Actually I would love to see Texas lose because then we can see how good the USC offense really is against the #1 D in the nation. I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Kyle Wright should pick up the offense and have Miami scoring alot more points really soon. Miami is claerly the best team in the nation in my opinion, who else would hang 27 points on VT with their KR/PR and RB out 3 quarters of the game and with their QB out 1 quarter of the game. Either VT was largely overrated or Miami was really underrated

CirclingWagons
11-06-2005, 11:06 AM
Texas has a great running game and Vince Young is becoming better as a passer. USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

I just hope that one of the two teams lose. Actually I would love to see Texas lose because then we can see how good the USC offense really is against the #1 D in the nation. I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Kyle Wright should pick up the offense and have Miami scoring alot more points really soon. Miami is claerly the best team in the nation in my opinion, who else would hang 27 points on VT with their KR/PR and RB out 3 quarters of the game and with their QB out 1 quarter of the game. Either VT was largely overrated or Miami was really underrated
Sorry nick, but you're wrong. USC would RAPE Texas. Big 12 schools are overrated and make great whipping boys for the NC. Look at Oklahoma and Nebraska the last few years. Seriously, who's worth a damn in that conference this year besides Texas? We should all be pulling for a Texas loss so we don't have to watch another National Championship debacle. USC-Miami would be the dream matchup: Top 2 talented teams in the country, pitting Best O against Best D.

Muck
11-06-2005, 01:03 PM
Gotta root against Texas and Bama. Sadly, I think Texas might run the table. Just seems like Vince Young has glavanized them mentally. All they've got left is Kansas and Texas A&M, both 5-4. USC played three ranked opponents. So they could lose. Bama has LSU and Auburn. So that's also a possibiliy.

I worry about the loss of Moss. That guy was the truth. But Miami's DL was just DOMINANT last night. They showed how you beat a Vick. USC's OL vs. Miami's DL would be the dream matchup.

Caps
11-06-2005, 01:23 PM
Gotta root against Texas and Bama. Sadly, I think Texas might run the table. Just seems like Vince Young has glavanized them mentally. All they've got left is Kansas and Texas A&M, both 5-4. USC played three ranked opponents. So they could lose. Bama has LSU and Auburn. So that's also a possibiliy.

I worry about the loss of Moss. That guy was the truth. But Miami's DL was just DOMINANT last night. They showed how you beat a Vick. USC's OL vs. Miami's DL would be the dream matchup.

Charlie Jones is our McGahee this year. He's gonna get the job done, he's already proven that he can.

RWhitney014
11-06-2005, 02:03 PM
I'm going to write a commentary about the game as soon as the new rankings come out, but the Hurricanes just scored the most impressive win by any team at any time this year.

SMadison29
11-06-2005, 03:26 PM
USC struggles against mobile QBs and Young is extremely mobile. Texas has a good D as evidenced by the high-powered Texas Tech offense getting only 17 on them.

What are you basing that on? Miss Cleo? The only mobile QB they played this year was Washington's Isaiah Stanback & he didn't do anything. Don't make things up you haven't seen.

I think USC is overrated, How can Stanford score 21 points on a top ten team? USC displayed their bad D.

Because once you get up by 40, a couple TDs at the end of the game don't matter. USC's defense plays when they have to.

SMadison29
11-06-2005, 03:27 PM
Charlie Jones is our McGahee this year. He's gonna get the job done, he's already proven that he can.

Coker did say that he thinks Charlie Jones will be the best Cane RB ever. That's pretty high praise considering we've had Edgerrin, Clinton, Willis, & now Tyrone.

SMadison29
11-06-2005, 03:34 PM

We'll be #4 in the BCS behind USC, Texas, & Alabama. Here are the remaining schedules of each:

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

all were ranked at the beginning of the week & so USC has a tough road.

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M
probably Colorado in the Big 12 championship

they've played scrubs all year long, nothing changes, could be upset by A&M or Colorado

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn
probably Georgia in the SEC championship

toughest schedule remaining. I think they'll lose 2 of them.

It all comes down to if someone can upset USC or Texas. I truly hope it's Texas because they don't belong.

CirclingWagons
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
We'll be #4 in the BCS behind USC, Texas, & Alabama. Here are the remaining schedules of each:

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M

they've played scrubs all year long, nothing changes, could be upset by A&M or Colorado

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn

It all comes down to if someone can upset USC or Texas. I truly hope it's Texas because they don't belong.
Amen

ether79
11-06-2005, 05:10 PM
Amen

I second that.

Nappy Roots
11-06-2005, 05:40 PM

USC:
@Cal
Fresno St
UCLA

Texas:
Kansas
@Texas A&M

Alabama:
LSU
@Auburn

If alabama, texas and usc go undefeated, Alabama and USC should definitly be playing for the National championship.

by the way, congrats to miami, was definitly wrong bout the game....i guess we are going to meet in the ACC championship game. cant wait, hopefully FSU can step up there play.

:foundout:

RWhitney014
11-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Commentary is up, someone needs to validate it (Muckster! :)) A large part of it is what you guys have brought up, but I have different feelings about Texas from most of you. Please don't give me trashy ratings when you disagree...I think the article will make for good conversation fodder and I want people to read it. So all of you college football folks, pay attention!

kastofsna120
11-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Coker did say that he thinks Charlie Jones will be the best Cane RB ever.
meh, coaches say that all the time. jones looks good, but NOTHING compared to james or mcgahee. more portis-like

Phishstix
11-07-2005, 09:26 AM
meh, coaches say that all the time. jones looks good, but NOTHING compared to james or mcgahee. more portis-like

i think that it actually hurt vt when moss got hurt. moss runs more like a bowling ball and that plays into vt's hands. jones has good lateral movement and a great burst, which can make overlyaggressive defenses pay, and he did. great performance by the U on saturday, they kicked some serious arse.

nick1
11-07-2005, 11:41 AM
Sorry nick, but you're wrong. USC would RAPE Texas. Big 12 schools are overrated and make great whipping boys for the NC. Look at Oklahoma and Nebraska the last few years. Seriously, who's worth a damn in that conference this year besides Texas? We should all be pulling for a Texas loss so we don't have to watch another National Championship debacle. USC-Miami would be the dream matchup: Top 2 talented teams in the country, pitting Best O against Best D.
If you say so, I'm pulling for someone to lose so Miami can climb into the title game

nick1
11-07-2005, 11:53 AM
What are you basing that on? Miss Cleo? The only mobile QB they played this year was Washington's Isaiah Stanback & he didn't do anything. Don't make things up you haven't seen.
It's not about the stats that the QB puts up rushing but it's about what the mobility creates. Look at Brady Quiin who is mobile. He absoluely tore apart the USC D and why? because he could move around and create things.

Oboy
11-07-2005, 02:58 PM
I have to admit, I was wrong. UM played great. Their oline just punished VTech's D. No one can say UM did not deserve that win... they dominated. Congrats, UM.

Cuban Dave 9
11-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Come on, give me some early Thanksgiving wishes:

Before:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/virginiatech2_logo-1.jpg

After:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/turkey_dinner3-1.jpg

Umm Umm *****...It taste just like it smells...DELICIOUS

ether79
11-07-2005, 06:00 PM
It's not about the stats that the QB puts up rushing but it's about what the mobility creates. Look at Brady Quiin who is mobile. He absoluely tore apart the USC D and why? because he could move around and create things.

Brady Quinn is marginally mobile, he's more like T. Brady in where he moves well in the pocket when feeling the rush. Do you consider T. Brady mobile? Great Pocket presence..yes..mobile..not really.

kastofsna120
11-07-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah, i'm sure every defensive coordinator's nightmare is when brady quinn decides to run the ball

CirclingWagons
11-07-2005, 06:53 PM
If you say so, I'm pulling for someone to lose so Miami can climb into the title game
So am I

nick1
11-07-2005, 08:57 PM
a USC-Miami showdown would get so much more publicity than any other matchup right now, the #1 D in the nation against one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the nation

kastofsna120
11-07-2005, 09:24 PM
yeah but i think people want to see vince young play, for whatever reason