PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 question

phinpunk14
11-01-2005, 11:06 PM
Does anyone know if the core system has a small harddrive on it? I know the the big package has a 20 gig in it, but I can't find much about the core system. I was hoping it would have a small harddrive like the old xbox has but I'm assuming it has nothing. Anyone know?

Motion
11-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Nope, no Harddrive. Hence the name, CORE system.

UltraDol-Fan
11-02-2005, 12:40 PM
yeah, don't buy the core system. You get nothing. I honestly think the only reason they make it is so parents buy it for their kids not knowing any better, and then have to buy all the extra stuff independently at a higher price.

Motion
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
yeah, don't buy the core system. You get nothing. I honestly think the only reason they make it is so parents buy it for their kids not knowing any better, and then have to buy all the extra stuff independently at a higher price.

Exactly, pretty smart actually. That and they are gonna be in short supply so people will get desparate and get whatever they can. You can bet there will be more core systems shipped than premium.

phinpunk14
11-02-2005, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I after I started this thread, I found a really good article talking about the two packages. I was really hoping they would put like a 1 gig harddrive in the core system just for game saves but they didn't. Instead, you pay 300 plus $40 for a memory card in order to have a useable system. That seriously is a ripoff considering how much more you get just for an extra 60 bucks.

Motion
11-02-2005, 05:19 PM
Yeah, I after I started this thread, I found a really good article talking about the two packages. I was really hoping they would put like a 1 gig harddrive in the core system just for game saves but they didn't. Instead, you pay 300 plus $40 for a memory card in order to have a useable system. That seriously is a ripoff considering how much more you get just for an extra 60 bucks.

hence the reason to buy the Premium bundle.

Wildbill3
11-02-2005, 08:16 PM
how much different is the hard drive going to be? is it like a regular laptop HD?