PDA

View Full Version : Battlefront II

CharlestonPhan
11-02-2005, 02:37 PM
im not a Star Wars junkie by any means, but was just wondering if anyone else has picked up the just released Battlefront 2? i do enjoy first person shooters and the last one was pretty good in my opinion so i wanted to check this one out as well.

i got the PC version (b/c i dont own a console). but i prefer keyboard and mouse controls to controllers for shoot 'em ups anyway.

graphics are beautiful. the environments ive played so far look really good, gameplay on "normal" is still challenging for those familiar with the first edition.

theyve improved/modifed some of the maps from the first edition and added several new ones as well, plus new characters with different weapons and abilities like spies who use concealment (invisibility).

in each mission or map you can earn points to unlock Jedi characters and/or stronger regular troops with better weapons. also, you can go to any command post your side controls and switch from one type trooper to anyther without respawning also.

also like that it is more objective and mission based within the maps.

Motion
11-02-2005, 03:08 PM
I should be getting it in the mail from Gamefly anytime now.

Joneal7
11-02-2005, 10:09 PM
i got her for the ps2....its pretty awesome

THOMAS_54
11-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Is there a storyline mode?

CharlestonPhan
11-04-2005, 12:11 AM
Is there a storyline mode?

well im not a huge gamer so im not entirely sure what a storyline mode is, but yes i think so...

you are immediately immersed as a member of the 501st clone brigade. it takes you through the clone wars in an ongoing fashion battel by battle, while sticking closely to the movie plot, even referencing the Jedi and how they were able to deceive them which lead them to gain confidence that they (the clones) could kill them when the time was right. them so.

within each battle or map there are numerous tasks to complete in addition to just controlling key points on the map.

UltraDol-Fan
11-04-2005, 10:35 AM
IGN only gave it a 7 for XBox - link (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/664/664039p1.html). But if you never played the first one I would pick it up. I will probably buy it if it goes platinum.