PDA

View Full Version : ***The MIAMI HEAT 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS thread.***

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56

Section126
11-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Discuss the Heat and their victims on this thread all year......

Lets start with predictions....

Mine:

60-22 #1 seed in East....

Wins Eastern Conference after a tough series with Detroit (7 games)

As for the Finals......I think San Antonio might be better than the Heat...but I look for the Mavericks to be really good this year and upset the Spurs in the Playoffs....

Heat over Mavs in 6.

If the SPurs get in vs. the Heat....I say Heat or Spurs in 7....a tossup....

FaninPatsyLand
11-02-2005, 07:10 PM
You guys are loaded this year with talent. I loved 'Toine during his time here, he really brings some energy to the court night in and night out. Although sometimes I found myself questioning his shot selection, but if he can control that, he's really a great addition to the Heat...

Best of luck Heat fans..

Go Celts!

d-day
11-02-2005, 07:16 PM
i can't wait for tonights game - it'll be interesting to see how it all pieces together - however long it takes, the heat should have it all tuned up when it counts, come playoff time... :hump:

byroan
11-02-2005, 09:12 PM
I hope J-dub fits in great. I think he'll play the best he ever has since he has Wade and Shaq.

MikeO
11-02-2005, 09:18 PM
The Heat are clearly the best or 2nd best team in the East. Should have no problem winning that division. Should make a run at the Finals. I do think the Spurs are still the team to beat though and I dont' think Miami would match up well with them in a 7 game series.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-02-2005, 09:22 PM
Go Knicks (gulp)!

SuavePhin
11-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Is anyone else expecting maybe a slower start for the Heat out of the gates as the season starts?? that is alot of new players in one offseason, it should be very interesting to see how quickley they gel, but in the end IMO Heat take home the first championship for the franchise this year ;)

MikeO
11-02-2005, 10:34 PM
Is anyone else expecting maybe a slower start for the Heat out of the gates as the season starts?? that is alot of new players in one offseason, it should be very interesting to see how quickley they gel, but in the end IMO Heat take home the first championship for the franchise this year ;)

You can't start judging these teams till January. The first 2 months are waste and pretty much glorified exhibition because of the player turnover.

Caps
11-02-2005, 10:46 PM

I'm expecting an average start to the season, maybe a little slow. I don't think the Heat will be playing to their full potential until sometime after the All-Star break.

Edit: Is it just me or does Gasol look like Frerotte with a beard?

Section126
11-02-2005, 11:41 PM
The Heat are clearly the best or 2nd best team in the East. Should have no problem winning that division. Should make a run at the Finals. I do think the Spurs are still the team to beat though and I dont' think Miami would match up well with them in a 7 game series.

Aren't you a ray of sunshine.......

When you have Shaq and Wade you match up well against anybody.

Section126
11-02-2005, 11:43 PM
Toine with 25 points and 16 boards.....Shaq played a relaxed game...Wade turned it on late for 23 points....Kapono looked good hitting open shots and hustling....J-Will managed the game well...Payton played great D......

19 point win to start the season......

BIG ONE next....The Pacers.

HugeFinFan
11-02-2005, 11:58 PM
I followed the game online, good start for the Heat. Can't wait to see them nationally tomorrow :). Also a very impressive night for 'toine. 25 points 16 boards 4 assists of the bench? Can you say 6th man of the year?

Caps
11-03-2005, 12:04 AM
I followed the game online, good start for the Heat. Can't wait to see them nationally tomorrow :). Also a very impressive night for 'toine. 25 points 16 boards 4 assists of the bench? Can you say 6th man of the year?

Toine started today cause Posey is still hurt. Still a very impressive performance. I don't think last years team would have won this game, thats why Riley made these moves, if someone has an off game or is hurt, we have enough firepower to pick up the slack. Very promising start to the season.

HugeFinFan
11-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Oh yeah, good point about Posey. Do you know how long he's hurt for? Shouldn't be too long cause I think he just sprained a finger. Riley is the man, and i'm fully confident the moves he made make the heat a better team. The best thing I think is that we have other players who can score when Wade and Shaq are having an "off" night. This will make us fresher coming into the playoffs and more dangerous with scoring coming from everywhere.

GO HEAT!!

QB2RonnieTD23
11-03-2005, 06:15 PM
The only problem i forsee in Miami is team chemistry, but i have a feeling Pat Riley is going to come in sometime during the season. Oust Van Gundy from the job finding some way, and lead the Heat to the finals with relative ease. Can they beat the Spurs though? I think that would be very interesting to see....I picked Miami to win it all however. Aren't i bold :)

dob72
11-03-2005, 07:47 PM
damn i still ain't got my cable back yet i'm gonna mess prolly both indy games god damn wilma

ether79
11-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Tonight we'll see the two best teams in the East. Good luck Heat fans it will be interesting watching this race throughout the season, that is as long as Artest can stay straight. BTW tonight Pacers win 88-78. ;)

Prime Time
11-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Damn my cable isn't back yet...I'm listening to the game on 560..BTW props to Toine for the game he played.

Caps
11-03-2005, 11:10 PM
Does Reggie Miller have to pimp the greatness of Indiana's team every 5 minutes? Seriously, it's starting to really get on my nerves.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Fat Shaq is hurt LMAO!

Prime Time
11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
97-93 Heat are down....3 mins to play

TerryTate
11-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Fat Shaq is hurt LMAO!

And that is funny because????

:shakeno:

TerryTate
11-03-2005, 11:57 PM
I really thought Reggie would provide some good insight on the Pacers tonight, but he is TERRIBLE and is no Cheryl Miller. The dude is the first analyst on record to diagnose how long a player will be out.... a "monther"....Reggie take some notes from your sister...you are getting on my nerves.

TerryTate
11-03-2005, 11:57 PM
Turns out that he is Day-to-day....Reggie just learned a little lesson....stay quiet.

Caps
11-04-2005, 12:01 AM
Fat Shaq is hurt LMAO!

You take pleasure in other peoples injuries huh? You're a real class act buddy.

Caps
11-04-2005, 12:04 AM
I really thought Reggie would provide some good insight on the Pacers tonight, but he is TERRIBLE and is no Cheryl Miller. The dude is the first analyst on record to diagnose how long a player will be out.... a "monther"....Reggie take some notes from your sister...you are getting on my nerves.

He's probably the most biased commentator I've heard in a while too.

TerryTate
11-04-2005, 12:13 AM
damn......couldnt get any closer to overtime there....

Caps
11-04-2005, 12:17 AM
What a heartbreaker, that shot looked like it was going in. Oh well, I really didn't expect to win this game, the fact that it was so close is encouraging to me. I have a feeling that we just saw a preview of the ECF.

HugeFinFan
11-04-2005, 12:20 AM
Omg so close. Hell of an effort by Wade. Where the hell is our 3 point shooting? :confused:

dob72
11-04-2005, 12:25 AM
the pacers played alomst perfect the heat made a ton of mistakes and shag got hurt and still had a chance to win

dob72
11-04-2005, 12:26 AM
You take pleasure in other peoples injuries huh? You're a real class act buddy.
what ya expect he's a yankee fan

TerryTate
11-04-2005, 12:27 AM
Not impressed with J-Dub so far....He didnt sniff the 4th quarter until the final possession. Him and 'Toine have to get their heads in the game.

And Stan Van Gundy needed to change up Kapono on Stephen Jackson....this team should be a little better defensively when Posey comes back.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-04-2005, 12:31 AM
I hate Shaq and I am happy he is injured. I don't want anything bad to happen to Shaq the person but I do to Shaq the basketball player. I never liked his fat *** but with that said there's only one way to beat him...when's he's on the shelf. I don't know why you Heat fans are getting so sensative about what I said anyways. It wasn't like Shaq wasn't going to miss 20 games or so this season. The only difference is, now he's going to miss time in the beginning. It's usually in the middle or the end!

ether79
11-04-2005, 12:33 AM
the pacers played alomst perfect the heat made a ton of mistakes and shag got hurt and still had a chance to win

The Pacers by no means played almost perfect ball. The one thing they did do was hold everyone else but D. Wade in check for the most part.

Section126
11-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Anybody else a little tired with all the calls the Pacers and Pistons get?

The pacers bring every big man nobody in the league off the bench to committ blocking fouls and Shaq gets called....

BTW...next time you watch the Pacers....see how many illegal screens they set.....It's sickening.

Overall...very unimpressed with J-DUB...Payton played great......also very unimpressed with the Pacers....they were in full choke mode against a Heat team playing horrible and with out Posey....

Sorry Indiana....your team is still second fiddle.

It's obviously another Pistons Heat ECF. (The Pistons would have destroyed us tonight)

Gotta revise my prediction....the Pacers are no Pistons.

BTW...did anybody notice how Reggie Miller called all the Heat players by their last names...and all the Pacers players by their firsts? (Jermain, Ron, Jamal, Steven) ...it was sickening.

Shaq...day to day....sounds like 2 games to me....

No matter...we need posey back....then the team will be complete....We can also use Shandon Anderson's perimeter defense....

In fact...I was kinda impressed that we can play so bad and still have a chance to win against the #3 seed in the east.

TerryTate
11-04-2005, 12:40 AM
I hate Shaq and I am happy he is injured. I don't want anything bad to happen to Shaq the person but I do to Shaq the basketball player. I never liked his fat *** but with that said there's only one way to beat him...when's he's on the shelf. I don't know why you Heat fans are getting so sensative about what I said anyways. It wasn't like Shaq wasn't going to miss 20 games or so this season. The only difference is, now he's going to miss time in the beginning. It's usually in the middle or the end!

I don't like Tom Brady the football player, but I don't wish him to be injured
I LOATHED Allan Houston, Charlie Ward, all those Knicks from the late 90s, but I never wished injury on them.....

That's sickening dude.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-04-2005, 12:42 AM
You sound like a baby Tate. So what I wish a sprained ankle or two for Shaq. Boo hoo!

Caps
11-04-2005, 12:44 AM
You sound like a baby Tate. So what I wish a sprained ankle or two for Shaq. Boo hoo!

Can we please give this guy some time off? Please?

dob72
11-04-2005, 12:47 AM
**** u know how much i hate the yanks but i don''t wish that *** arod to get hurt i rather watch him choke

FinsNYanksFan13
11-04-2005, 12:48 AM
Well if you did wish that on A-Rod, I wouldn't even care! :rofl3:

FIN-IN-RI
11-04-2005, 12:50 AM
you gouys like 'toine yet or what?

Like I said earlier in the year.. valuable addition.. i hope he gets a ring.

Prime Time
11-04-2005, 12:59 AM
Heart breaking loss...and If he wants Shaq to get injured then that is unbelievable :down:

ether79
11-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Anybody else a little tired with all the calls the Pacers and Pistons get?

The pacers bring every big man nobody in the league off the bench to committ blocking fouls and Shaq gets called....

BTW...next time you watch the Pacers....see how many illegal screens they set.....It's sickening.

Overall...very unimpressed with J-DUB...Payton played great......also very unimpressed with the Pacers....they were in full choke mode against a Heat team playing horrible and with out Posey....

Sorry Indiana....your team is still second fiddle.

It's obviously another Pistons Heat ECF. (The Pistons would have destroyed us tonight)

Gotta revise my prediction....the Pacers are no Pistons.

BTW...did anybody notice how Reggie Miller called all the Heat players by their last names...and all the Pacers players by their firsts? (Jermain, Ron, Jamal, Steven) ...it was sickening.

Shaq...day to day....sounds like 2 games to me....

No matter...we need posey back....then the team will be complete....We can also use Shandon Anderson's perimeter defense....

In fact...I was kinda impressed that we can play so bad and still have a chance to win against the #3 seed in the east.

I think it is to early in the season to write off the Pacers as second fiddle. YOu are definitely over exaggerating on the illegal screen statement. The Pacers will own the Pistons. You right about Miller that was pretty bad, but what do you expect he has been playing with those guys and knows them on a very personal basis. Notice he called the rookie Danny Granger buy his last name evrytime. You guys did play bad, but the Pacers did play great ball either. The began by trying to front Shaq, set some stupid picks, made a couple of unforced turnovers and took many stupid shots. Yet until that final 5-6 minutes the pacers had that game in hand. It weird that you guys finally started playing better ball when Shaq went down( bad break by the way).
BTW I think that he will be out more than 2 games. I'd say more like 2 weeks or so considering the amount of weight he needs to put on that ankle. WOuld you want him to come back so early in the season and risk a more severe strain or something worse? I wouldn't.

Caps
11-04-2005, 01:19 AM
I watched the tape of Shaq's injury a couple times and it looked like a classic rolled ankle to me. I suffered a similar injury a couple weeks ago and was as good as new in 2-3 days. Obviously Shaq will take longer to heal than me, being older and bigger, but I don't think it is an injury that any of us should lose sleep over.

Whatsdatson20
11-04-2005, 01:24 AM
i can't wait for tonights game - it'll be interesting to see how it all pieces together - however long it takes, the heat should have it all tuned up when it counts, come playoff time... :hump:

Great point. It will take a while for them to gel just right. But while we as fans are waiting the Heat will still most liely win the number 1 seed. And when playoff time comes, Watch out!

Whatsdatson20
11-04-2005, 01:31 AM
I know it wasn't just me but Reggie Miller was probablly more annoying in the booth then he was on the court. I mean talk about being up the Pacers butt. I just dont understand why TNT would put a guy in the booth to commentate a game for a team he has played 18 years for and just retired. Commentaters are supposed to be unbiased and he was completly riding the Pacers all night. "The best team in the league" Pffft He would barely mention anything good about the Heat but yet one of the Pacers could bend down to tie his shoe and he would say something like " See how jermain ties his shoes, I taught him that. He has been working all offseason on that. IF he can keep that up this team could win it all. " :lol: He was totally ridiculous all night. Whatever, we still almost won and the season is still a baby, GO HEAT!

dob72
11-04-2005, 01:41 AM
I watched the tape of Shaq's injury a couple times and it looked like a classic rolled ankle to me. I suffered a similar injury a couple weeks ago and was as good as new in 2-3 days. Obviously Shaq will take longer to heal than me, being older and bigger, but I don't think it is an injury that any of us should lose sleep over.
i hope so

Whatsdatson20
11-04-2005, 01:44 AM
i hope so

He will be fine. Rolled ankles hurt like crazy but it wont keep him out all season. I just want him to totally get ok. Wade and the boyz can hold it down till he gets back.

PeaTearGriffin
11-04-2005, 02:05 AM
on the miller thing, i wouldn't jump all over him he did play for them for what 18 years?? not only that but he just retired at the end of last season and knows most of the guys on that team. its just like when pros brag about there college football team doing good. on to the game, i thought the pacers had it won about half way through the third and the heat had a nice comeback...i wouldn't say they played perfect. the east is going to be fun to watch this year...with shaq and wade, the pistons and the pacers who might be the deepest team in the nba.

Section126
11-04-2005, 02:08 AM

What do you expect from a guy that advocated a presidential assasination.

This guy is way overdue for a permanent banning.

He is either too immature or he is trying to be outrageous and contraversial.

BTW....don't you love how these people call Shaq "Fat"? He is far from fat....see him in person and you will know what I mean.

Whatsdatson20
11-04-2005, 02:19 AM
on the miller thing, i wouldn't jump all over him he did play for them for what 18 years?? not only that but he just retired at the end of last season and knows most of the guys on that team. its just like when pros brag about there college football team doing good. on to the game, i thought the pacers had it won about half way through the third and the heat had a nice comeback...i wouldn't say they played perfect. the east is going to be fun to watch this year...with shaq and wade, the pistons and the pacers who might be the deepest team in the nba.

I dont blame Miller. I blame TNT. I expect him to do that, but I dont see why TNT couldn't forsee it. Commentaters are never supposed to be outwardly biased. And its obvious even to the most insane person that Miller commentating a pacer game whould be totally biased. Sometimes it was more then just he knows more about them. Its was comments like "They are best team in the league." Whatever the reasoning, its still biased.

TerryTate
11-04-2005, 02:46 AM

Its actually babyish to wish an injury or want someone to get hurt that you don't like.

FaninPatsyLand
11-04-2005, 02:59 AM
Entertaining game tonight.. I think Payton is going to quiet alot of critics AGAIN this year, that he's shot as a player.

He played very well for us last year, and I expect no less from him again this year. It was also damn good to see 'Toine again. I'm gonna miss him but he deserves to be on a contender.

Muck
11-04-2005, 08:44 AM

I still don't understand laughing like an immature pre-teen about a guy getting hurt. Especially the way he got hurt and how you talk about him. The injury had nothing to do with what kind of shape he's in (which is very good). He landed on Artest's foot and gravity caused his ankle to roll. I

It's one thing to be relieved a guy isn't playing. But it's another to wish injury on a guy. That's just childish bro.

nyjunc
11-04-2005, 09:05 AM
I wasn't really convnced about Indiana being as good as everyone was saying but if they continue to own the heat I guess they have to be taken seriously. Miami should get the top seed(unless Shaq is out more than 20 games- not for this injury but any injury) and Det/Ind winner will have the 2 seed w/ NJ getting the 3 although they looked bad the other night.

Muck
11-04-2005, 09:06 AM
I didn't really mind Reggie Miller as a commentator because he brought a lot of insight to the table. And he's always been one of my favorite players.

What I didn't care for was Reggie Miller calling THIS game. Five months ago he was celebrated as the greatest Pacer ever. And he has always been an antagonistic player. Now he's calling a rivalry game (well not really, but it could get there I think).

Section126
11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
I wasn't really convnced about Indiana being as good as everyone was saying but if they continue to own the heat I guess they have to be taken seriously. Miami should get the top seed(unless Shaq is out more than 20 games- not for this injury but any injury) and Det/Ind winner will have the 2 seed w/ NJ getting the 3 although they looked bad the other night.

That is about right.....as for Indiana owning the Heat....it is a little frustrating that indiana has managed to win 4 out of the last five all by hitting a last second shot to force overtime and then winning it in overtime.....and of course....last night....we play horrible....they go into choke mode....and we fall a in and out shot away from overtime.....

I really don't like what i saw from Indiana.....like I said earlier....Detroit would have murdered us last night....

This team desperately needs Posey and Anderson back to give it defensive balance.

Another thing I noticed....why was Toine so unselfish? He kept passing up open shots to get the ball to Wade......it must have come from Van Gundy because I have never seen Toine pass up that many open shots.

phunwin
11-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Another thing I noticed....why was Toine so unselfish? He kept passing up open shots to get the ball to Wade......it must have come from Van Gundy because I have never seen Toine pass up that many open shots.

The more shots Toine defers to Wade, the better off y'all will be. Chances are, Toine was told right upfront "we've given you a fat new contract you didn't really deserve and that we'll surely regret in two years. So, you can stop chucking up bad shots now, okay?"

When he wants to be, Toine is a good passer, so IF they can keep him on the same page as the Dynamic Duo, and IF they can give him enough playing time to keep him happy without killing the defense (since when he's in, Posey's probably out) and IF they can keep a leash on his tendency to jack up ill-advised threes, Walker will be a huge help. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, even if the very early results are promising.

Whatsdatson20
11-04-2005, 01:14 PM
I didn't really mind Reggie Miller as a commentator because he brought a lot of insight to the table. And he's always been one of my favorite players.

What I didn't care for was Reggie Miller calling THIS game. Five months ago he was celebrated as the greatest Pacer ever. And he has always been an antagonistic player. Now he's calling a rivalry game (well not really, but it could get there I think).

Thats what Im saying. I dont mind him as a commentator but i DO mind him for this game. It was just stupid to think he would be unbiased with the Pacers.

phunwin
11-04-2005, 01:53 PM
I think it is to early in the season to write off the Pacers as second fiddle. YOu are definitely over exaggerating on the illegal screen statement. The Pacers will own the Pistons. You right about Miller that was pretty bad, but what do you expect he has been playing with those guys and knows them on a very personal basis. Notice he called the rookie Danny Granger buy his last name evrytime. You guys did play bad, but the Pacers did play great ball either. The began by trying to front Shaq, set some stupid picks, made a couple of unforced turnovers and took many stupid shots. Yet until that final 5-6 minutes the pacers had that game in hand. It weird that you guys finally started playing better ball when Shaq went down( bad break by the way).

:sleep:
Same old song and dance, every year. Hell, at least the Heat took the Pistons to a 7th game.

Section126
11-04-2005, 02:13 PM
The more shots Toine defers to Wade, the better off y'all will be. Chances are, Toine was told right upfront "we've given you a fat new contract you didn't really deserve and that we'll surely regret in two years. So, you can stop chucking up bad shots now, okay?"

When he wants to be, Toine is a good passer, so IF they can keep him on the same page as the Dynamic Duo, and IF they can give him enough playing time to keep him happy without killing the defense (since when he's in, Posey's probably out) and IF they can keep a leash on his tendency to jack up ill-advised threes, Walker will be a huge help. Personally, I wouldn't hold my breath, even if the very early results are promising.

With the reputation Ron Artest has it was funny to see how bad Toine was making him look off the dribble.....We should have fed Toine on RON down the stretch...instead it was the Dwayne Wade show....

No matter...long season...it's detroit and miami again...lets skip the season and lets play a 7 game series.....why bother with the rest of these 80 games.

ether79
11-04-2005, 02:17 PM
BTW way they are now saying on ESPNEWS that Shaqs injury will keep him out 2-4 weeks so it looks like the guy who actually played pro-ball knew. I still think it was horribly wrong to have him announce that game.

edit: here is a link from the Herald
http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/basketball/13082471.htm

ether79
11-04-2005, 02:19 PM
:sleep:
Same old song and dance, every year. Hell, at least the Heat took the Pistons to a 7th game.

We'll see, this year WILL be different. Lets se what the Pistons do without Rick C. or Larry coaching them.

phunwin
11-04-2005, 02:38 PM
We'll see, this year WILL be different. Lets se what the Pistons do without Rick C. or Larry coaching them.

Please. The Pistons players had grown tired of Brown's constant searching for the next job. If anything, they're going to be playing harder this year, because they've got a chip on their shoulder about the whole LB thing.

And frankly, I don't understand all the love Indiana's getting. They lost Reggie Miller and added that Jasukevicius guy and Danny Granger. Oh yeah, and the completely insane Ron Artest is still there with the only-slightly-less-insane Stephen Jackson. Where can I place a bet that one of those two will get T'ed up in the final minutes of a playoff game and cost the Pacers a win?

The Eastern champ will be Miami or Detroit. That's the bottom line. If Miami can keep Antoine Walker and Jason Williams on the straight and narrow, and have Shaq reasonably healthy for the playoffs, they're probably winning the East. If not, it's probably Detroit.

ether79
11-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Please. The Pistons players had grown tired of Brown's constant searching for the next job. If anything, they're going to be playing harder this year, because they've got a chip on their shoulder about the whole LB thing.

And frankly, I don't understand all the love Indiana's getting. They lost Reggie Miller and added that Jasukevicius guy and Danny Granger. Oh yeah, and the completely insane Ron Artest is still there with the only-slightly-less-insane Stephen Jackson. Where can I place a bet that one of those two will get T'ed up in the final minutes of a playoff game and cost the Pacers a win?

The Eastern champ will be Miami or Detroit. That's the bottom line. If Miami can keep Antoine Walker and Jason Williams on the straight and narrow, and have Shaq reasonably healthy for the playoffs, they're probably winning the East. If not, it's probably Detroit.

You could be right but to declare anything in such an early stage of the season is wrong I'm just trying to raise the ire of some for fun. I think its going to be very intersting to see all of the issues you talked of play out and the issue of Flip not being able to do much in the playoffs with his teams. To write off Indiana so quickly though is completely and utterly wrong. They have a very talented team, if they can gel and if Artest can keep his games "missed" to a low number I think we have a good chance of gettting a top 3 seed. There is no reason to think the Pacers can't make noise in the playoffs.

Satchboogie
11-04-2005, 03:32 PM
The Pacers haven beaten the Heat 14 out of the last 15 times they have played. 18 out of 21 including post season and Heat fans are already counting Indiana out saying it's between Miami and Detroit. LOL!!!! I think you need to beat the Pacers more than once every 15 games before you start declaring you are better than them.

It's more Likely to come down to Indiana vs Detroit until the Heat prove they can beat the Pacers on a consistent basis.

ether79
11-04-2005, 03:51 PM
The Pacers haven beaten the Heat 14 out of the last 15 times they have played. 18 out of 21 including post season and Heat fans are already counting Indiana out saying it's between Miami and Detroit. LOL!!!! I think you need to beat the Pacers more than once every 15 games before you start declaring you are better than them.

It's more Likely to come down to Indiana vs Detroit until the Heat prove they can beat the Pacers on a consistent basis.

Na man, based on what I've seen out of the Pacers 2 games this season they're done. Don't you know Artest is certifiable and the Heat and Pistons are loaded with talent that Indiana can't match.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-04-2005, 05:05 PM
2 games into the season and people are calling a 2-0 team done LMAO!

PeaTearGriffin
11-04-2005, 05:26 PM
it is 2 games into the season i think you should hold your playoff predictions for a little longer...rick carlisle is a great coach, look what he did with that team last year. Plus if they get home court they could be hard to beat. Not a team i want to play

Section126
11-04-2005, 06:09 PM

And WHAT exactly does any of that have to do with this current Heat team?

Spout off the record of last season and this game.......all close games....and all of the wins last year by the pacers were in overtime.....

Sorry....It's between Miami and Detroit......very weak post dude....very weak post.

ether79
11-04-2005, 06:26 PM
2 games into the season and people are calling a 2-0 team done LMAO!
As for me I was being sarcastic in case you didn't catch that.;)

Satchboogie
11-04-2005, 08:42 PM
And WHAT exactly does any of that have to do with this current Heat team?

Spout off the record of last season and this game.......all close games....and all of the wins last year by the pacers were in overtime.....

Sorry....It's between Miami and Detroit......very weak post dude....very weak post.

Indiana just beat you in your own house. You have no facts to back up your ridiculous claim.....

The last prediction I saw of yours was a couple of years ago when you claimed Peyton Manning (before he signed hs latest deal) was a lock to come to Miami.

I think your latest claim will turn out to be about as accurate as that one!!!

LOL!!!!

ether79
11-04-2005, 08:55 PM
Indiana just beat you in your own house. You have no facts to back up your ridiculous claim.....

The last prediction I saw of yours was a couple of years ago when you claimed Peyton Manning (before he signed hs latest deal) was a lock to come to Miami.

LOL!!!!

No his facts are that the Pacers played perfect ball and still only beat the Heat by 3. Now that is if you consider 11 turnovers and being out rebounded playing perfect ball.

edit: and Artest playing bad defense most of the game(which is rare), plus that 9 min FG-less stretch.

Section126
11-04-2005, 11:28 PM

LOL!!!!

Are you on something? That Peyton manning thread was a joke thread that one of the mods started......

As for facts......what facts do you want? Miami and Detroit are still the class of the East.

Section126
11-04-2005, 11:36 PM
No his facts are that the Pacers played perfect ball and still only beat the Heat by 3. Now that is if you consider 11 turnovers and being out rebounded playing perfect ball.

Hitting three 35 foot three's with one second on the shot clock, shooting 58% in the first half, and getting ticky tack foul after ticky tack foul whenever the Heat closed within 1 was nice.......and they still tried to choke the win away.

edit: and Artest playing bad defense most of the game(which is rare), plus that 9 min FG-less stretch.

I Hope you Pacers fans aren't really banking much on this win......

Go to the back of the bus already....The front is reserved for the Heaters and Pistons.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-05-2005, 04:10 AM
Section is just trying to convince himself the Heat are the class of the East because he knows Shaq's window is closing. The Heat are just getting ready to implode with all the talent they have. If they were smart, they would have gotten a bunch of role players to hold Shaq and Wade down but instead they get greedy and took a team that went to game 7 of the ECF and added a boatload of players with ego's. Everyone wants to act like Shaq is going to keep everyone in line LMAO, he did a great job of that with Kobe, Malone, and Payton in L.A. It may have taken until the NBA Finals for that team to implode but they eventually did. T same thing will happen with Miami IMO. Indiana may not be a better team on paper but they are a better team. Tinsley, O'Neil, Artest, and a good amount of other players on this team have been together a while so they have chemsitry. Same with Detroit. The can't be said about Miami with all the new faces they have!

ether79
11-05-2005, 05:36 AM
I Hope you Pacers fans aren't really banking much on this win......

Go to the back of the bus already....The front is reserved for the Heaters and Pistons.
I don't need to quote any article and act like I can tell 2 games into the season I'm right... to know that the Pacers can hang in the East. you watched the game and after I refuted you word for word and all you do is brin g up something that doesn't argue with mypoint at all. I'll give you some knowledge here....don't argue B-Ball with Indiana boys...;) :tongue:

Section126
11-05-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't need to quote any article and act like I can tell 2 games into the season I'm right... to know that the Pacers can hang in the East. you watched the game and after I refuted you word for word and all you do is brin g up something that doesn't argue with mypoint at all. I'll give you some knowledge here....don't argue B-Ball with Indiana boys...;) :tongue:

Hang? In the east? Is that all you are saying? Then I agree.....yes...they can hang.....but they can't beat out detroit...or miami....

What did you refute? That you have a different opinion than me? Then congrats.....it's my opinion that Indiana is the #3 team and is not ready to overtake Miami or Detroit...

Section126
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Section is just trying to convince himself the Heat are the class of the East because he knows Shaq's window is closing. The Heat are just getting ready to implode with all the talent they have. If they were smart, they would have gotten a bunch of role players to hold Shaq and Wade down but instead they get greedy and took a team that went to game 7 of the ECF and added a boatload of players with ego's. Everyone wants to act like Shaq is going to keep everyone in line LMAO, he did a great job of that with Kobe, Malone, and Payton in L.A. It may have taken until the NBA Finals for that team to implode but they eventually did. T same thing will happen with Miami IMO. Indiana may not be a better team on paper but they are a better team. Tinsley, O'Neil, Artest, and a good amount of other players on this team have been together a while so they have chemsitry. Same with Detroit. The can't be said about Miami with all the new faces they have!

Your whole post is BS.

The Lakers imploded? They made the finals...and as it turns out...they lost to a better team....Detroit proved they were no fluke last year....they almost beat a GREAT Spurs team....

You forget that the problems in LA started with kobe and Shaq not getting along......we don't have that problem....

BTW...for all this change that everybody talks about......we only changed two starters (D.Jones, and E. Jones)....Rasual Butler only started playing alot of minutes in the playoffs....

Implode? You sound like another jealous Knicks fan to me.

What a joke your post is.

ether79
11-05-2005, 05:03 PM
Hang? In the east? Is that all you are saying? Then I agree.....yes...they can hang.....but they can't beat out detroit...or miami....

What did you refute? That you have a different opinion than me? Then congrats.....it's my opinion that Indiana is the #3 team and is not ready to overtake Miami or Detroit...

I am saying that you're statement about Indiana is too premature only 2 games into the season. I am also saying that while you have that opinion you have no facts to base it on only your feelings. I'd just wait awhile before I make such a statement, because come May you could very easily be eating a HUGE pile of crow.

Section126
11-05-2005, 05:05 PM
I am saying that you're statement about Indiana is too premature only 2 games into the season. I am also saying that while you have that opinion you have no facts to base it on only your feelings. I'd just wait awhile before I make such a statement, because come May you could very easily be eating a HUGE pile of crow.

It is my opinion.......I had a different opinion in preseason.....after watching two Indiana games this year they remind me of last years Pacers team + Artest but minus a clutch Reggie....which means that the best you can hope for is to be the #3 team in the East.

It is my opinion.

ether79
11-05-2005, 05:11 PM
It is my opinion.......I had a different opinion in preseason.....after watching two Indiana games this year they remind me of last years Pacers team + Artest but minus a clutch Reggie....which means that the best you can hope for is to be the #3 team in the East.

It is my opinion.

Thats fine, you could be right. I might be right, I'll give you my opinion in around 30 or so games.

dob72
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
Your whole post is BS.

The Lakers imploded? They made the finals...and as it turns out...they lost to a better team....Detroit proved they were no fluke last year....they almost beat a GREAT Spurs team....

You forget that the problems in LA started with kobe and Shaq not getting along......we don't have that problem....

BTW...for all this change that everybody talks about......we only changed two starters (D.Jones, and E. Jones)....Rasual Butler only started playing alot of minutes in the playoffs....

Implode? You sound like another jealous Knicks fan to me.

What a joke your post is.
i don't understand why people don't give the pistons credit for being the better team in 03 its always lakers lost not pistons won

Prime Time
11-05-2005, 10:15 PM
i don't understand why people don't give the pistons credit for being the better team in 03 its always lakers lost not pistons won

It is like the Yanks...most people would rather concentrate on how the "superstar" team lost rather then how the other team won.

dob72
11-05-2005, 11:20 PM
bucks are pretty good this year

Fresh
11-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Antoine Walker is a real piece of sh-t. Yeah, he's more passitive now, but he's still a damn ball hog. I don't know about everybody else, but me? I can't wait for James Posey to come back! I can't stand having Walker in the starting line-up..

dob72
11-06-2005, 12:03 AM
they should of played like this when they had the lead

Section126
11-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Antoine Walker is a real piece of sh-t. Yeah, he's more passitive now, but he's still a damn ball hog. I don't know about everybody else, but me? I can't wait for James Posey to come back! I can't stand having Walker in the starting line-up..

They need James Posey and Shandon Anderson back desperately.....they have zero defenders at the 3 right now...they need both to defend these small forwards that are killing us right now....

It was also a nice job by Stan Van Gundy to sit ZO when we built the 9 point lead.....and then brings him back when we were down by 4.....

Stan had three chances to bring back ZO in 4 timeouts when we still held a 7, 5, and 4 point lead and didn't.....playing Haslem at center is not a recipe for success Stan....

Bright side....ZO is dominant....he might win Defensive player of the year as a bench player....LOL....J-Will played a nice game....Kapono has been a nice addition.....

Bad side....Walker is passing up too many open shots...just play in the flow you moron....shoot if you get it and nobody is around you.....we will be great when he can just shoot at will with the second unit.....

Wade had one of his worst games ever even though he put up some decent numbers.....

As for the Bucks....they look good...but they look good like a 6th or 7th seed looks good....

The goal for the Heat is simple.....13-7 after 20 games will be success...by then we will have settled into our rotations.....

Anybody knows when Shandon is coming back? (Posey and Doleac come back next saturday against the team that embarrassed us at the end of the year last year....(Bobcats...LOL!!!)

byroan
11-06-2005, 12:34 AM
Posey will make the team a lot better. I really liked him in Memphis. J-Dub has disappointing so far but he won't stay like that.

dob72
11-06-2005, 01:12 AM
i think the bucks could be pretty scary if they keep this up

Fresh
11-06-2005, 01:14 AM
Posey will make the team a lot better. I really liked him in Memphis. J-Dub has disappointing so far but he won't stay like that.
That was the one huge positive I took from this game. I think J-Will really got into his groove and we're gonna need that. It was also nice to see him mesh with other players on the team like Wade & Zo, he had a lot of nice-touch passes that were missed, a few by that idiot Antoine Walker.

And yes, 126...I've been away from this forum since last year, but if you guys remember, I questioned the HELL out of Stan's coaching abilities last year, and I will continue to do so. Can we win it all with Stan? Sure. However, we can do better off. He is prone to abandon what is going for us in crucial situations. Thursday against Indiana when we were up 2 in the 4th, we had FOUR straight possessions where the ball did NOT TOUCH DWYANE WADE's HANDS ONCE. That is outright pathetic. Tonight, we build up an 8-point lead on Zo's strong defense and what happens? We sit him on the bench and the Bucks go on a 10-2 run. As soon as he comes back in, he blocks a huge shot, yet it was pretty much too late. This is Dwyane Wade's team. I am sorry. I don't like the ball movement of this offense, and I am really missing last year's team. Is it going to take long to gain chemistry? Sure. However, I just disagree with parting with last year's team. I feel as if we were a Dwyane Wade injury away, and retaining Damon Jones (also not giving up EJ, which would've kept 'Sual here too, which ex's out Kapono even though he looks better) and maybe adding someone like Marko Jaric to replace Keyon Dooling...man, this team would've been on point.

Lord knows, when Posey comes back...I don't ever want to see Antoine Walker in the game during the 4th quarter again.

I like Stan the person...but I am really beginning to dislike Stan the coach.

Whatsdatson20
11-06-2005, 01:41 AM
That was the one huge positive I took from this game. I think J-Will really got into his groove and we're gonna need that. It was also nice to see him mesh with other players on the team like Wade & Zo, he had a lot of nice-touch passes that were missed, a few by that idiot Antoine Walker.

And yes, 126...I've been away from this forum since last year, but if you guys remember, I questioned the HELL out of Stan's coaching abilities last year, and I will continue to do so. Can we win it all with Stan? Sure. However, we can do better off. He is prone to abandon what is going for us in crucial situations. Thursday against Indiana when we were up 2 in the 4th, we had FOUR straight possessions where the ball did NOT TOUCH DWYANE WADE's HANDS ONCE. That is outright pathetic. Tonight, we build up an 8-point lead on Zo's strong defense and what happens? We sit him on the bench and the Bucks go on a 10-2 run. As soon as he comes back in, he blocks a huge shot, yet it was pretty much too late. This is Dwyane Wade's team. I am sorry. I don't like the ball movement of this offense, and I am really missing last year's team. Is it going to take long to gain chemistry? Sure. However, I just disagree with parting with last year's team. I feel as if we were a Dwyane Wade injury away, and retaining Damon Jones (also not giving up EJ, which would've kept 'Sual here too, which ex's out Kapono even though he looks better) and maybe adding someone like Marko Jaric to replace Keyon Dooling...man, this team would've been on point.

Lord knows, when Posey comes back...I don't ever want to see Antoine Walker in the game during the 4th quarter again.

I like Stan the person...but I am really beginning to dislike Stan the coach.

:lol: Your funny man. I can really see your passion about this subject. I agree 100% that this is D.wades team. Sadly I didnt get to watch us lose to the friggin Bucks. I know in the long run we will be fine. But its hard to watch a team gain chemistry when we had to do that last year. We finally got it, now gotta do it all over again. I agree with getting rid of EJ though. He was Cpt. Choke when it came to pressuer situations. And since D.jones was just a spot up shooter, everyone knew wade is the man at the end. (Rightfuly so, he still produced) This year I believe anyone could get the ball at the end. Although if he dosent give it to WADE, he is an idiot. Wade does anything you ask him to do. He has no 3 point shot at all. But how many times has he been money from the arc when we needed it the most? Too many times. I like Stan the coach. He does a very good job. Do I think he is better then Riley, ummm NO. But he has done very well since taking over. From his first year when he took a team, who eveyone thought was garbage, and took them to the second round of the playoffs. To last year where he took us to the seventh game in the eastern conference finals. I think he is a very good coach.

Thats just my take. I tend to ramble sometimes. :lol:

Section126
11-06-2005, 01:59 AM
Stan Van Gundy does do some really dumb things......

Tonights game was really frustrating from a coaching perpespective.....playing Haslem at center on magloire was just stupid....

We are really beat up injury wise now.....but patience grasshoppers......Posey, Anderson, and Doleac will be back soon.....

As for Toine..Pistolz......they guy is trying too hard to be unselfish.....JUST PLAY IN THE FLOW OF THE GAME......DAMN IT!!!!!!!

When he goes to the second unit...we will be golden.

dob72
11-06-2005, 02:31 AM
Houston game will be interesting with out tmac i'm sure tnt is pissed there will be no shag vs yao

GreenMonster
11-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Big win for my Bucks last night against the Shaqless heat. Has TJ Ford locked up the comback player of the year award yet..

byroan
11-06-2005, 09:39 PM
Big win for my Bucks last night against the Shaqless heat. Has TJ Ford locked up the comback player of the year award yet..

For me he has. Picked him up in every fantasy league I'm in as a FA before the season started. :D

Muck
11-06-2005, 09:43 PM
I don't know if I'll ever forgive Van Gundy for taking Wade out for the game-winning shot against Indy his rookie year.

Did he ever fully explain that move??

GreenMonster
11-06-2005, 10:32 PM
For me he has. Picked him up in every fantasy league I'm in as a FA before the season started. :D

My best friend did the same thing, after I told him he was lighting it up in preseason.. He has thanked me every game... Go TJ and the Bucks..

Prime Time
11-06-2005, 11:59 PM
I cannot believe we lost to he Bucks tonight :nono:

nyjunc
11-07-2005, 10:27 AM

locked it up? we're only 3 games in.

GreenMonster
11-07-2005, 10:55 AM

When you miss a year and a half with a neck injury, and comeback and avg. 16pts, 10 ***, and 6rbs you are well on your way..

byroan
11-07-2005, 11:12 AM

I'd expect nothing less from a Jets fan. You take everything seriously. :shakeno:

HugeFinFan
11-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Heat tied 89-89 with 24 seconds left! Heat Ball!

HugeFinFan
11-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Wade hits 1 of 2 free throws.. 90 -89 heat 5 seconds, nets ball.

HugeFinFan
11-07-2005, 11:01 PM
phew.. heat escape a close one.. Lucky there was a no call on mourning there. HEAT WIN!

Whatsdatson20
11-07-2005, 11:33 PM
phew.. heat escape a close one.. Lucky there was a no call on mourning there. HEAT WIN!

I didnt get to watch it but im happy to see we won.

Section126
11-07-2005, 11:54 PM

Mourning didn't foul him......Wade got a clean block....they showed it a hundred times.....

Vince chokes again.

As for the Heat...we need Posey, Anderson, and Doleac back ASAP....we are hurting....we got NO DEFENDERS for the other team's small forwards.....

dob72
11-08-2005, 12:06 AM
Heat get 10th straight win vs. Nets

HugeFinFan
11-08-2005, 12:34 AM
Mourning didn't foul him......Wade got a clean block....they showed it a hundred times.....

Vince chokes again.

As for the Heat...we need Posey, Anderson, and Doleac back ASAP....we are hurting....we got NO DEFENDERS for the other team's small forwards.....
I agree with the no call, just saying it was very close and there was contact. Wade played it great, just the contact in the air by Mourning was the only thing the ref *could* have called.

We cannot continue to play 7 guys for very long. We definetly need Posey, Anderson and Doleac back. For gods sake we had Haslem gaurding Jefferson :eek: That's a mismatch if i've ever seen one.

Toine played a solid game aside from a few bonehead plays. Payton played well as well as J-will.

Glad to see the Heat win.

nyjunc
11-08-2005, 09:17 AM

Vince chokes again.

Vince chokes again? :lol: he was mugged! and even Moirning acknowledged Miami got away w/ one. The bottom line is the Nets should be able to beat Shaq-less Miami w/o it having to come down to a play like that but it was w/o a doubt a foul and the real joke was the foul on Wade to give Miami a 1 pt lead.

How many times did Mourning get a facial last night? Carter & Jefferson just made him look like a 5th grader out there :lol:

Section126
11-08-2005, 12:56 PM
Vince chokes again? :lol: he was mugged! and even Moirning acknowledged Miami got away w/ one. The bottom line is the Nets should be able to beat Shaq-less Miami w/o it having to come down to a play like that but it was w/o a doubt a foul and the real joke was the foul on Wade to give Miami a 1 pt lead.

How many times did Mourning get a facial last night? Carter & Jefferson just made him look like a 5th grader out there :lol:

Lets disect this.....

Nyjunc..... "Should be able to beat a Shaq-less Heat." Nyjunc....you did notice that we were also missing Posey, Anderson, and Doleac....right? We were playing with seven healthy players and Haslem at Center for half the game........We dominated the game and then blew a 10 point lead.....so.....you really shouldn't be that happy with your team's performance.

He was not mugged.....they showed the play on ESPN....and the analysts called it a clean block......

As for the facial.....Vince put his arm out to push off as he dunked.....but it was a nice dunk nonetheless.....a top ten dunk for sure......but how come you don't mention the other times they got rejected?

As for a 5th grader......this 5th grader had 11 points, 11 rebounds and 5 block shots....... :lol:

Boy do the Nets suck....and Vince....yeah...he choked again.

Ferretsquig
11-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Vince had a great game.....I have to agree with Frank...if its in New Jersey they get the call. But Wade just continues to amaze with these incredible defensive plays in crunch time. What other guard comes in from behind and blocks a Vince Carter shot? And that sweet spin and over the back toss....

I love Shaq, but this team is going to be more fun to watch when hes out. Once they get Posey back and can go to a more reasonable defensive lineup this will be a good team. Let Walker's erratic self come off the bench. Only complaint is the lack of a bench. I know they have injuries but there are still come very capable big men sitting on the bench in Simien and Barron. Give em some pt.

HugeFinFan
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
I too would like to see more of Barron and Simien. We can't continue to play Zo 30+ minutes a game the whole season with his age and condition.

nyjunc
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Lets disect this.....

Nyjunc..... "Should be able to beat a Shaq-less Heat." Nyjunc....you did notice that we were also missing Posey, Anderson, and Doleac....right? We were playing with seven healthy players and Haslem at Center for half the game........We dominated the game and then blew a 10 point lead.....so.....you really shouldn't be that happy with your team's performance.

He was not mugged.....they showed the play on ESPN....and the analysts called it a clean block......

As for the facial.....Vince put his arm out to push off as he dunked.....but it was a nice dunk nonetheless.....a top ten dunk for sure......but how come you don't mention the other times they got rejected?

As for a 5th grader......this 5th grader had 11 points, 11 rebounds and 5 block shots....... :lol:

Boy do the Nets suck....and Vince....yeah...he choked again.

Take off the heat glasses for a moment, they call a ticky tack foul for wade on offense which was not a foul then Vince gets hacked and no call and Vince nto only dunked on the thief once but THREE times!

Whatsdatson20
11-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Take off the heat glasses for a moment, they call a ticky tack foul for wade on offense which was not a foul then Vince gets hacked and no call and Vince nto only dunked on the thief once but THREE times!

To say that the block by Wade was not clean is amazingly dumb. How about you take off the net goggles for a moment. Yes Vince made Zo look ridiculous on everyone of his dunks. But Zo changed so many shots that I really couldn't care less. Besides I expect stuff like that from Vince. He is the man when it comes to dunks. I dont think anyone is better. Your just upset because you lost. And that is understandable. Your team has no where to go but where they are now. Our team on the other hand, has two injured starters plus injured bench players and we are STILL better then you. Our team has no where to go but up. But I guess its hard to swallow with those bristles still stuck in your teeth from last years SWEEP!! Good day.

Section126
11-08-2005, 06:06 PM
To say that the block by Wade was not clean is amazingly dumb. How about you take off the net goggles for a moment. Yes Vince made Zo look ridiculous on everyone of his dunks. But Zo changed so many shots that I really couldn't care less. Besides I expect stuff like that from Vince. He is the man when it comes to dunks. I dont think anyone is better. Your just upset because you lost. And that is understandable. Your team has no where to go but where they are now. Our team on the other hand, has two injured starters plus injured bench players and we are STILL better then you. Our team has no where to go but up. But I guess its hard to swallow with those bristles still stuck in your teeth from last years SWEEP!! Good day.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great post!!!

Yeah...Nyjunc doesn't seem to get it......it's not good when a team is missing their best player, one starter and two important bench players (4 players total).....not to mention that they only play seven....play a guy that is 6'8 at center....AND STILL BEAT YOU!

NaboCane
11-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey, I think everyone is missing the big picture.

If the refs are favoring Miami now, it would be the first time in their entire history that they have done so. Consistently, Miami has been burned by favoritism on the part of the refs over the years because of other teams having the marquee players like Jordan, Miller, Kobe, etc. A ref even had the audacity to say it to Riley's face in a game two years ago!

Even up to last year, the refs were allowing Shaq to be MUGGED under the basket every time he shot - I mean, sometinmes he'd get hacked 2-3 times shooting, and no call!

So, butch up everyone - the refs in the NBA have ALWAYS favored certain teams with calls; and if it happens to be Mami's turn to be the Golden Child, well then suck it up and take it like men - we certainly did, for years.

Now it's our turn.

Section126
11-08-2005, 06:10 PM

Vince hacked!!!! LOL!!!!

When you converge and impede progress all the while you are reaching in.....that is a foul (Wade's foul)....

Stop sticking up for the choker (Vince).

As for ZO....How many did he reject right at the bucket? AHHHHH...I knew you wouldn't remember those!!!! My count....Vince twice and Jefferson twice....He did get Collins once....

BTW...Vince dunked on him twice...the first one he tried...he got it blocked and the ball bounced in afterwards.....

Buy do the nets suck...

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 07:44 AM

The first foul was by Zo w/ the body, I'm not sure if Wade hit him or not but I do know he was fouled at leats by Zo.

Keep living in the past w/ your sweep and maybe someday you'll actually win an eastern conf title.

Yeah...Nyjunc doesn't seem to get it......it's not good when a team is missing their best player, one starter and two important bench players (4 players total).....not to mention that they only play seven....play a guy that is 6'8 at center....AND STILL BEAT YOU!

So b/c you were missing players it was ok to call a clean strip a foul and a hack a non-foul?

If the refs are favoring Miami now, it would be the first time in their entire history that they have done so.

I am not saying they are favoring Miami, I just think they missed a few important calls. Both were somewhat close plays but the wrong calls were made on each. Either you call both as fouls or you let both go, you can't say one was and one was not and then call the lesser of the two the foul.

When you converge and impede progress all the while you are reaching in.....that is a foul (Wade's foul)....

No progress was impeded, RJ did not touch Wade then Kidd stripped the ball.

Stop sticking up for the choker.

I am not sticking up for Zo and Vince dominated you guys the other night and was fouled. If the situation was reversed you'd be whining rom now until the end of the year.

As for ZO....How many did he reject right at the bucket? AHHHHH...I knew you wouldn't remember those!!!! My count....Vince twice and Jefferson twice....He did get Collins once....

Let's see he had 5 blocks and 4 dunks on him trying to attempt blocks(ncluding one of the best dunks of all-time by carter)- that's not a good ratio.

BTW...Vince dunked on him twice...the first one he tried...he got it blocked and the ball bounced in afterwards.....

It counts b/c it went in, it's not Vince's fault the thief isn't strong enough to block it and keep it out of the basket anymore.

Section126
11-09-2005, 11:18 AM
It counts b/c it went in, it's not Vince's fault the thief isn't strong enough to block it and keep it out of the basket anymore.

Even you don't believe that......

You gotta admit.....Zo is still a dominant defensive player....DOMINANT.

If there was a "changed shot" stat....Zo would lead the league......

Section126
11-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Enough with the Nets already.....

Big game tonight......The Heat is outgunned as Posey and Doleac have not been cleared to play yet.....

Shandon Anderson's injury seems to be lingering.....

A win tonight would do wonders.....The got to feed Toine......and Wade has to take over tonight......

I also say....use fouls from the end of our bench on J. O'Neal......

The Heat hasn't beaten Indiana in INDIANA in a hundred years.....like I said....a win tonight would be huge....(as big as a November NBA win can be)

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Even you don't believe that......

You gotta admit.....Zo is still a dominant defensive player....DOMINANT.

If there was a "changed shot" stat....Zo would lead the league......

Take off the homer glasses for once, it was a foul and to call Zo a "dominant" defensive player is just flat out comedy. Is he still a good defensive player? yes but dominant? :lol:

Whatsdatson20
11-09-2005, 12:20 PM
The first foul was by Zo w/ the body, I'm not sure if Wade hit him or not but I do know he was fouled at leats by Zo.

Keep living in the past w/ your sweep and maybe someday you'll actually win an eastern conf title.

Still not as good a comeback as mine was, but at least you tried. Look I have nothing against the NETS. But to come one here and talk like they are better then the HEAT or even close to the HEAT in talent is moronic. You say "living in the past" regaurding the sweep in the most recent playoffs. Your hypocritical cause you are still living in the past with this weak arguement of fouls not being called right. The fact of the matter is untill you beat us, you cant talk. Did you guys even beat us last year at ALL? Lets just count from the playoffs, thats 5 strait! I know it hurts but dawg, give it up already. You guys were once the class of the east but still could never get over that hump. The tides have changed and thats just the way life is. You guys are easily in the bottom half of the east that just make it cuz there aint no other competition down there. And that suks cause that would mean your probablly close to the 16th best team in the league seeing how good the west is right now. Lets see the list.....

NBA
SanAntonio
Detroit
Miami
Indiana
Dallas
Seattle
Phenoix
Houston
Minnesota
Milwaukee
Memphis
Denver
Washington
Nets

EAST

Detroit
Miami
Indiana
Milwaukee
Washington
Toss up between Nets and Cavs
Philly (if they could ever get thier duo happening then they whould be higher)

And those are the eight.Nets Cavs and Philly could be taken out by teams who get in rolling like Orlando, Chicago, Boston.

In conclusion your mouth should have a zipper attached untill your team can surpass the juggernauts that the East possess.:lol:

Whatsdatson20
11-09-2005, 12:25 PM
Take off the homer glasses for once, it was a foul and to call Zo a "dominant" defensive player is just flat out comedy. Is he still a good defensive player? yes but dominant? :lol:

Yes dominate. And your Nets helmet attached with envy of losing ZO, does not allow you to turn your head for a even a moment to admitt it. What Vince did to him in the game is what Vince does. And noone but vince right now would be able to pull that off on ZO. Im done with this, you close minded and jealous that your not in our position. Too much hateoraide aint good or you man. You may get cramps.

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 12:28 PM
But to come one here and talk like they are better then the HEAT or even close to the HEAT in talent is moronic.

Please find the post where I said the Nets were better than the Heat? I said w/o Shaq we should be able to beat and not have to leave it up to a bad call but that's different.

The fact of the matter is untill you beat us, you cant talk.

If that's the case then until you actually win an Eastern Conference Title you can't talk. How many times have you been a #1 or 2 seed and failed to make it to the Finals?

You guys were once the class of the east but still could never get over that hump.

You guys have never been the class of the East so what's your point?

You guys are easily in the bottom half of the east that just make it cuz there aint no other competition down there.

Can you translate this to English?

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 12:30 PM
And your Nets helmet attached with envy of losing ZO

:spit: Envy of Losing 'Zo? :sidelol: Is there a bigger choker in the game than Zo? There's a reason he never made a FF in college and never made the Finals in the NBA. Enjoy him, he'll hold you back when you need him.

Section126
11-09-2005, 01:48 PM
:spit: Envy of Losing 'Zo? :sidelol: Is there a bigger choker in the game than Zo? There's a reason he never made a FF in college and never made the Finals in the NBA. Enjoy him, he'll hold you back when you need him.

This post is just plain ole' BS.

BTW....yes...he is a dominant Defensive player.....hell...he might lead the league in block shots coming off the bench!!!

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 01:55 PM
This is just plain ole' BS.

BTW....yes...he is a dominant Defensive player.....hell...he might lead the league in block shots coming off the bench!!!

Isn't he starting w/ Shaq out? I guess Brendan haywood is a dominant defensive player as he is averaging slightly less than Zo. Zo is averaging about 1 block every 9 mins, Greg ostertag is averaging 1 block every 8 minutes- Is Ostertag a dominating defensive player?

Section126
11-09-2005, 02:00 PM
Isn't he starting w/ Shaq out? I guess Brendan haywood is a dominant defensive player as he is averaging slightly less than Zo. Zo is averaging about 1 block every 9 mins, Greg ostertag is averaging 1 block every 8 minutes- Is Ostertag a dominating defensive player?

Come on dude.

Stop it already.

He changes a ton of shots a game. He is a dominant defensive player. Stop it already.

Ostertag...lol!!

nyjunc
11-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Come on dude.

Stop it already.

He changes a ton of shots a game. He is a dominant defensive player. Stop it already.

Ostertag...lol!!

You bring up the fact that he blocks alot of shots, I ma just disproving your theory. He certainly changed carter & Jefferson's shots the other night :lol: He is a solid bench player nothing more.

Section126
11-09-2005, 02:06 PM
You bring up the fact that he blocks alot of shots, I ma just disproving your theory. He certainly changed carter & Jefferson's shots the other night :lol: He is a solid bench player nothing more.

nyjunc....you got very very very very clouded judgement.

Go ahead......post a list of the centers that are better than him RIGHT NOW in the NBA.

Go ahead...post a list.....so we can have a laugh...I wonder how many you come up with..... ;)

Fresh
11-09-2005, 11:46 PM
Antoine Walker sucks, yet the refs are the ones who ripped Miami tonight.

Can't wait 'till Saturday when we get Posey back. Nothing else needs to be said..

TerryTate
11-09-2005, 11:47 PM
And White chocolate wouldnt know defense if it hit him in the face.....

Miami = Indiana's beiotch

dob72
11-09-2005, 11:53 PM
tough loss we had that won but i think the refs did overact not just to us but for both sides the whole game

HugeFinFan
11-09-2005, 11:54 PM
Ughh, I'm sick of losing to the Pacers. We desperately need a perimeter defender /* Enter James Posey */. Also, what was with all the touchy fouls tonight? Let them play good lord. There is no way Zo deserved to be on the bench due to fouling out. I can't wait to see this team in full force with Shaq Posey Anderson and Doleac back.

Fresh
11-10-2005, 12:00 AM
When Antoine Walker drives to the lane, it becomes factual that he is not going to pass the ball from there. 75% of the time he drives, he get's nowhere...What does he do? Toss up garbage. :shakeno:

I still don't see the sense in messing with last year's team. I was always in favor of keeping it together & adding a PG to share time with DJ, maybe a SF as well..

d-day
11-10-2005, 12:05 AM
definitely could have used damon jones 3 point shooting tonight - as of right now, damon > j-will

d-day
11-10-2005, 12:10 AM
When Antoine Walker drives to the lane, it becomes factual that he is not going to pass the ball from there. 75% of the time he drives, he get's nowhere...What does he do? Toss up garbage. :shakeno:

I still don't see the sense in messing with last year's team. I was always in favor of keeping it together & adding a PG to share time with DJ, maybe a SF as well..

agreed - even something as simple as d.j. over j-will and the addition of michael finley would have worked for me - i'll pass on antoine...

Section126
11-10-2005, 01:45 AM
At least Toine was going to the basket.....in fact....he stopped the run that Indian made to bump their lead from 1 to 6....he also cut the lead twice more after that....

At least he did what was out there for him to do....

I'm sorry.....when we were down 1 Wade needed to just go inside....draw a foul...get to the line....and damn the refs if they don't call anything....

Yeah....the refs screwed us....but we had a chance to beat the pacers shorthanded and all.......just beat them damn it...

Dissapointing and encouraging loss at the same time.....

We need Posey, Anderson, and Doleac back....desperately.....

nyjunc
11-10-2005, 08:18 AM
nyjunc....you got very very very very clouded judgement.

Go ahead......post a list of the centers that are better than him RIGHT NOW in the NBA.

Go ahead...post a list.....so we can have a laugh...I wonder how many you come up with..... ;)

The guys who are by far better right now-

Obviously Shaq & Duncan, Jermaine O'neal, Nenad Krstic, Emeka Okafor, mehmet Okur, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Yao Ming, Brad Miller, Ben & Rasheed Wallace.

There are a ton of younger guys I'd take over him who are playing as well but need some time to develop.

nyjunc
11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah....the refs screwed us....but we had a chance to beat the pacers shorthanded and all.......just beat them damn it...

I notice everytime you lose the refs screwed you but then when the refs obviously gave you the benefit of the doubt on the 2 key plays to hekp you beat the Nets they made the proper call, why is that?

Section126
11-10-2005, 01:10 PM
The guys who are by far better right now-

Obviously Shaq & Duncan, Jermaine O'neal, Nenad Krstic, Emeka Okafor, mehmet Okur, Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby, Yao Ming, Brad Miller, Ben & Rasheed Wallace.

There are a ton of younger guys I'd take over him who are playing as well but need some time to develop.

Do you know what a center is? You posted a bunch of power forwards....

Try again...weak effort.

Section126
11-10-2005, 01:16 PM
I notice everytime you lose the refs screwed you but then when the refs obviously gave you the benefit of the doubt on the 2 key plays to hekp you beat the Nets they made the proper call, why is that?

Because you don't know that you can't close in on a player when he has the ball on the floor and moving in the direction of the basket.....look it up...it's in the rule book.

You can't impede progress.....it's called a blocking foul....when you then reach in...you compound the foul.

Fact is that we took the lead on the Pacers and the Pacers took the lead back ALL from the free throw line.....and all of them were touch fouls that the announcers were even complaining about.

It didn't matter though...we should have overcome that anyway.....fact is that Indiana shoots FT better than the Heat and in a close game...the better FT shooting team usually wins.

I am still encouraged we can play so well shorthanded against the #2 or #3 team in the east.

Caps
11-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Injuries are really holding this team back IMO. We can sustain an injury to any one player and overcome any team in the league with a little bit of luck, but two starters and two key bench players is too much for us. I'm counting down the days until Posey comes back, so that Walker can come off the bench, tear the opposition's second unit apart early in the game, and then stay the hell off the floor in the last 8 min. of the game.

Den54
11-10-2005, 10:25 PM
From Florida Today.
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051110/COLUMNISTS0306/511100331/1065/SPORTS

Speaking of injuries, should anyone be surprised that Shaquille O'Neal is nursing another injury, this time a sprained ankle that could sideline him for 13 games?

When Shaq was traded to Miami before last season, there was outrage in Orlando that the Magic didn't make an effort to bring him back. Me? I commended the Magic. Shaq is on his downside, I wrote. At his age, and his weight, he's a torn ACL waiting to happen.

Well, you wouldn't believe the heat (pun intended) I took for writing that, the implication from Miami fans being that I didn't know what I was talking about. Perhaps. But what I do know is that when you carry around 400-or-so pounds and go through 80-plus games of pounding every year and you're closing in on your mid-30s, things are going to break down. Especially at your joints.

It doesn't help that it's only at rare times when Shaq shows enough dedication to get, and stay, in shape. If he got fat and out of shape on Phil Jackson, what makes the Heat think he'll not do the same to someone like Stan Van Gundy?

ether79
11-10-2005, 10:47 PM
From Florida Today.
http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051110/COLUMNISTS0306/511100331/1065/SPORTS

Speaking of injuries, should anyone be surprised that Shaquille O'Neal is nursing another injury, this time a sprained ankle that could sideline him for 13 games?

When Shaq was traded to Miami before last season, there was outrage in Orlando that the Magic didn't make an effort to bring him back. Me? I commended the Magic. Shaq is on his downside, I wrote. At his age, and his weight, he's a torn ACL waiting to happen.

Well, you wouldn't believe the heat (pun intended) I took for writing that, the implication from Miami fans being that I didn't know what I was talking about. Perhaps. But what I do know is that when you carry around 400-or-so pounds and go through 80-plus games of pounding every year and you're closing in on your mid-30s, things are going to break down. Especially at your joints.

It doesn't help that it's only at rare times when Shaq shows enough dedication to get, and stay, in shape. If he got fat and out of shape on Phil Jackson, what makes the Heat think he'll not do the same to someone like Stan Van Gundy?

Agree after watching him for the Lakers religiously but...:couch:

dob72
11-10-2005, 11:06 PM
they look awful right now

HugeFinFan
11-10-2005, 11:28 PM
75-74 Rockets, 4:44 left. Come on Heat I do not want to be 2-4

HugeFinFan
11-10-2005, 11:30 PM
Big shot by Wade! 78-75 Rockets 3:09 remaining!

Prime
11-10-2005, 11:32 PM
**** it! We are nothing without T-Mac being in the lineup. We need to win this because because I don't want to be 1-3.

PHINATIC13
11-10-2005, 11:36 PM
**** it! We are nothing without T-Mac being in the lineup. We need to win this because because I don't want to be 1-3.

Somebody should tell Yao it's OK to score!

HugeFinFan
11-10-2005, 11:36 PM
J-will playing very good basketball tonight, just hit a 3 on a nice kickout by Wade :)

Prime
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
A good hard fought game, but my Rox just doesn't know how to win without T-Mac.

dob72
11-10-2005, 11:53 PM
jason was clutch

Section126
11-11-2005, 12:01 AM
From Florida Today.

You lose all credibility when you make stupid statements like that.

he is not faking injury.

His Injury last year (thigh) would have happened to a 19 year old. He got charlie horsed in the thigh.

His Injury this year would have happened to a 5 year old....he fell on someones foot...thus a turned ankle...and a sprained ankle.

His injuries have NOTHING to do with being out of shape.

So your article is total BS.

I recommend deleting it for it's pure idiocy.

Section126
11-11-2005, 12:04 AM
ZO battled hard in the second half......

The reason Yao didn't score that much in the 4th was because ZO was WORKIN'! HARD.

J-Will was clutch...and ZO was clutch with that jumper.

Loved Posey tonight....finally a perimeter defender on this team!

We get Shandon Anderson back...we can become a very good defensive team.

Very happy with J-will tonight....

You see? Good things happen when you just play in the flow of the game...

Darth Saban
11-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Miami still doesn't look like they have the chemistry down of a Championship team.

nyjunc
11-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Do you know what a center is? You posted a bunch of power forwards....

Try again...weak effort.

There aren't many true C's in the game, in fact Zo himself is more PF than a true C. I posted C/F combos since there are so few true C's left.

HugeFinFan
11-11-2005, 02:09 PM
ZO battled hard in the second half......

The reason Yao didn't score that much in the 4th was because ZO was WORKIN'! HARD.

J-Will was clutch...and ZO was clutch with that jumper.

Loved Posey tonight....finally a perimeter defender on this team!

We get Shandon Anderson back...we can become a very good defensive team.

Very happy with J-will tonight....

You see? Good things happen when you just play in the flow of the game...

Agreed about everything, ZO went to work in the 2nd half. He was sucking up wind and giving it everything he had to shut down Yao who has 8 inches on him!

I was very pleased with Posey out there also. His 3 point stroke looks nice(even though he only hit a couple, once he gets his thumb better it should improve) and his defense I was very pleased with.

If J-will can play like that everynight we have a very good team, especially when you add Shaq. Antoine did a better job of playing within the 'flow' of the offense.

Good win overall.. GO HEAT! :)

phunwin
11-11-2005, 04:36 PM
You lose all credibility when you make stupid statements like that.

he is not faking injury.

His Injury last year (thigh) would have happened to a 19 year old. He got charlie horsed in the thigh.

His Injury this year would have happened to a 5 year old....he fell on someones foot...thus a turned ankle...and a sprained ankle.

His injuries have NOTHING to do with being out of shape.

So your article is total BS.

Wait a minute, what exactly is he saying that's off base? Shaq IS old. He IS on the downside of his career. He IS injury-prone. He HAS played most of the last 6 or 7 years drastically overweight (how much is anyone's guess, but there was a lot of talk that he was pushing 4 bills at one point).

He didn't start getting serious again about getting in shape until the Pistons handed the Lakers their heads in the 2004 Finals and Shaq was run out of town. Right now, he's running on spite. How long's that going to last? It's a good question. How much his injuries had to do with his formerly rotund frame is anyone's guess, but it sure as hell didn't help. Neither does the nearly unprecedented amount of abuse his wheels have taken over the last decade from the combination of his weight, injuries and lengthy seasons he's had.

kud
11-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Wade's new converse commercial is pretty sweet.

http://www.converse.com/index.asp?bhcp=1&mode=bb

anyone who hasnt seen it.

J Will, and Zo were clutch last night, as was Wade(when isn't he) Team just needs to hold it together until Shaq gets back. Two very close losses to the Pacers without Shaq isn't anything to hang your head over if your a Heat fan. There's a lot of season to go.

LETS GO HEAT

Section126
11-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Wait a minute, what exactly is he saying that's off base? Shaq IS old. He IS on the downside of his career. He IS injury-prone. He HAS played most of the last 6 or 7 years drastically overweight (how much is anyone's guess, but there was a lot of talk that he was pushing 4 bills at one point).

He didn't start getting serious again about getting in shape until the Pistons handed the Lakers their heads in the 2004 Finals and Shaq was run out of town. Right now, he's running on spite. How long's that going to last? It's a good question. How much his injuries had to do with his formerly rotund frame is anyone's guess, but it sure as hell didn't help. Neither does the nearly unprecedented amount of abuse his wheels have taken over the last decade from the combination of his weight, injuries and lengthy seasons he's had.

You obviously didn't read the article.

His injuries the last two years have had NOTHING to do with his weight.

and he has NEVER pushed 400....NEVER.

Have any of actually seen Shaq in person? or in practice....or in a game LIVE and up close?

d-day
11-12-2005, 02:51 AM

:chuckle:

dob72
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM
good game all arund the bobcats made it look really closer than it was during garbage time

byroan
11-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Another good game by J-dub. Bobcats didn't stand a chance without Gerald Wallace.

tightend81
11-15-2005, 04:56 PM
They've got to get past the Pistons first, who are much better this than last year already. Plus Darko is steadily getting better.

Den54
11-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Fat boy is out two more weeks.

Caps
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM

And our record without him is still better than the Tragic's.

Caps
11-15-2005, 11:15 PM
Great game tonight, hard fought win in overtime. Posey and Payton both came with it in OT with some clutch 3's, and DWade had a bad game, but came through in the clutch like always. Pretty much everyone contributed heavily tonight, we got crazy production off the bench and JWill had another pretty good game. Here's to more W's in the future.

d-day
11-15-2005, 11:28 PM
Great game tonight, hard fought win in overtime. Posey and Payton both came with it in OT with some clutch 3's, and DWade had a bad game, but came through in the clutch like always. Pretty much everyone contributed heavily tonight, we got crazy production off the bench and JWill had another pretty good game. Here's to more W's in the future.

as a heat fan, i'm glad we won but an awful game tonight bro - we sucked up until the last 3 minutes and literally stole a game we didn't deserve to win - out rebounded, out hustled... and then with 3 minutes left, down 6, dwyane who's not a very good 3 point shooter anyway and is 2-15, shoots a 3 pointer...? i can't believe we actually pulled this game out - thank god for zo - the heat need to play more hungry - they need to play the way they played the last 3 minutes and in overtime for the entire game...

Caps
11-15-2005, 11:38 PM
as a heat fan, i'm glad we won but an awful game tonight bro - we sucked up until the last 3 minutes and literally stole a game we didn't deserve to win - out rebounded, out hustled... and then with 3 minutes left, down 6, dwyane who's not a very good 3 point shooter anyway and is 2-15, shoots a 3 pointer...? i can't believe we actually pulled this game out - thank god for zo - the heat need to play more hungry - they need to play the way they played the last 3 minutes and in overtime for the entire game...

I agree, when I said great game, I didn't mean we played a great game, it just was a great game because OT games are always exciting for me, especially when it ends in a W. We did get a lot of scoring off the bench though. We missed a lot of shots and layups, and I was definitely POed about that. Van Gundy is going to tear pretty much everyone on the team a new one, that's for sure.

BTW, does anyone have any idea why we aren't playing Barron? When Zo's not in the game we usually have one of our PF's playing the 5 spot, what's up with that?

dob72
11-15-2005, 11:57 PM
good that they came back to win after being down that wade floater was so pretty i could watch that shot all day

Section126
11-16-2005, 12:20 AM

Fat Boy?

Please.....come off it already.....

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Knowing fat boy, he won't be back until the playoffs :lol:!

Section126
11-16-2005, 02:05 AM
Knowing fat boy, he won't be back until the playoffs :lol:!

Boy...what is wrong with you?

TerryTate
11-16-2005, 04:10 AM
I bet Shaq has less of a percentage of body fat than either of you guys.

Den54
11-16-2005, 07:47 AM
Fat Boy?

Please.....come off it already.....

Term of endearment. :D

Section126
11-16-2005, 10:00 AM

You know...I used to think he was fat.......until I actually met him face to face....that dude is a physical specimen.

Den54
11-16-2005, 10:51 AM
You know...I used to think he was fat.......until I actually met him face to face....that dude is a physical specimen.

Yes but lets be real , he's not ripped or anything. In fact he's not even in single digits for fat percentage. I was just teasing with the fat boy coment but he could stand to lose at least 25lbs and still be dominate and last a little while longer in this league imo.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2005, 11:48 AM

I'll take the bet anyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

Section126
11-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I'll take the bet anyday of the week and twice on Sunday!

and lose.

Section126
11-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Yes but lets be real , he's not ripped or anything. In fact he's not even in single digits for fat percentage. I was just teasing with the fat boy coment but he could stand to lose at least 25lbs and still be dominate and last a little while longer in this league imo.

He was at his "perfect" weight last year (325) and he said that he felt weak at the end of the year....so he put on 15 pounds muscle and showed up at 341 to camp this year....

The Heat has a body fat clause in his contract and they measured his body fat from last year to this year's....and it was identical.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-16-2005, 11:58 AM
You realize how fat and out of shape Shaq is when Rip Hamilton and the rest of the Pistons are running circles around him on the court!

Section126
11-16-2005, 03:42 PM
You realize how fat and out of shape Shaq is when Rip Hamilton and the rest of the Pistons are running circles around him on the court!

are you sure you aren't 12?
and not 22?

dob72
11-16-2005, 05:06 PM
yeah rip is very scary i hope it won't be like when the marlins ran all over the old over paid yanks during the world series

byroan
11-16-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.mhmuscle.com/shaqAndAwe.html

ILPhinFan88
11-18-2005, 08:35 PM
Game time, Go Sixers

ILPhinFan88
11-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Well, it was fun for awhile :(

dob72
11-19-2005, 12:25 AM
oh yeah wade is a monster

Muck
11-19-2005, 03:42 AM
Man, D-Wade barely misses another triple-double.

HugeFinFan
11-19-2005, 11:00 AM
Wade's best performance of the season. It's a shame it seems like he always comes up 1 stat short of a triple double.

Caps
11-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Well, we lost today, I didn't get to see the game so I can't say a lot about it. Oh well.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-21-2005, 02:30 PM
Someone eventually had to lose to the Raptors. I'm just glad it was you guys because if it wasn't, good chance it would have been the Knicks LMAO!

nyjunc
11-21-2005, 09:56 PM
hey Sec 126: Still think the heat w/o Shaq would bea top 3 team in the East?

FinsNYanksFan13
11-22-2005, 02:42 AM
nyjunc, the Nets don't look so sweet themselves brother!

Section126
11-22-2005, 03:00 AM
hey Sec 126: Still think the heat w/o Shaq would bea top 3 team in the East?

Absolutely.

How come you didn't pipe in when they won 4 in a row without Shaq?

You do know that they are currently 5-3 without him and 4-1 since Posey came back?

Not to mention that J-will has missed a couple of games.....

SO...let me be clear....

HELL YES THEY ARE THE 3rd BEST TEAM IN THE EAST WITHOUT SHAQ. GET IT?

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 08:02 AM
Absolutely.

How come you didn't pipe in when they won 4 in a row without Shaq?

You do know that they are currently 5-3 without him and 4-1 since Posey came back?

Not to mention that J-will has missed a couple of games.....

SO...let me be clear....

HELL YES THEY ARE THE 3rd BEST TEAM IN THE EAST WITHOUT SHAQ. GET IT?

Why didn't I pipe in? For reason I explained last tim, it's easy to continue to do well in the short term w/ a great player but over the long run it ctaches up to you. I guess Miami w/o Shaq is the 3rd bst team in the east the way Miami will beat Detroit in 5 games :lol:

dob72
11-22-2005, 08:35 AM
nyjunc, the Nets don't look so sweet themselves brother!
and now vince is hurt to

Section126
11-22-2005, 11:31 AM
Why didn't I pipe in? For reason I explained last tim, it's easy to continue to do well in the short term w/ a great player but over the long run it ctaches up to you. I guess Miami w/o Shaq is the 3rd bst team in the east the way Miami will beat Detroit in 5 games :lol:

They are the 3rd best team in the east without Shaq...period.

Sorry...you can't change that...no matter how much you want to convince yourself of it...

Look at the Heat team of three years ago that finished 42-40 and lost in the second round in 6 games to the Pacers....That team wasn't half as talented as this team is without Shaq and that team had the best record in the NBA for the last 30 games.

Sorry....they just are.

Kinda makes you jealous huh?

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 11:45 AM
They are the 3rd best team in the east without Shaq...period.

Sorry...you can't change that...no matter how much you want to convince yourself of it...

Look at the Heat team of three years ago that finished 42-40 and lost in the second round in 6 games to the Pacers....That team wasn't half as talented as this team is without Shaq and that team had the best record in the NBA for the last 30 games.

Sorry....they just are.

Kinda makes you jealous huh?

jealous? :lol: yes I am very jealous of a franchise that has never even made a Finals appearance. the team of '04 was not as talented on paper as this group(by the way they also weren't top 3 in the East) but they played better together and were a better TEAM.

You just lost to TORONTO, why are you always so irrational about your teams?

FinsNYanksFan13
11-22-2005, 01:40 PM
Detroit's going to wax both the Heat and Nets a$$es so why don't both you ladies pipe down!

Section126
11-22-2005, 01:47 PM
jealous? :lol: yes I am very jealous of a franchise that has never even made a Finals appearance. the team of '04 was not as talented on paper as this group(by the way they also weren't top 3 in the East) but they played better together and were a better TEAM.

You just lost to TORONTO, why are you always so irrational about your teams?

Yes you are jealous.... But that's besides the point.

You didn't see the Toronto game so you shouldn't comment on it.

The 04' Heat team in the last 30 games of that season was one of the best teams in basketball period.....they showed in the last 30 games that they were clearly the 4th best team in the east if not very close to the 3rd best....

The 04' heat being a better "team" than this one? Yeah...okay...keep repeating whatever recycled Heat hater line is currently in use....please.... :rolleyes:

Section126
11-22-2005, 01:49 PM
Detroit's going to wax both the Heat and Nets a$$es so why don't both you ladies pipe down!

HA HA HA..... :rolleyes:

We heard that last year also...and they needed acts of god to beat us....they ain't waxing anything.

Besides...we have their coach in on the fix.

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Yes you are jealous.... But that's besides the point.

yes I am insanely jealous of a franchise that has NEVER competed for the Championship, man I wish my team could be as good as yours has been :lol:

The 04' Heat team in the last 30 games of that season was one of the best teams in basketball period.....they showed in the last 30 games that they were clearly the 4th best team in the east if not very close to the 3rd best....

So what about the first 50 games, they don't count? You were not cloe to the top 3, the Nets gave the Pistons their toughest test on the way to the Fianls losing in 7 games and Indiani beat you in 6 so Indiana was the 3rd best team in the east w/o a doubt.

YES that TEAM was better than this team w/o Shaq. In fantasy world this team is better but that team played better together and just b/c they didn't have overratd name players doesn't mean they were worse.

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 02:23 PM
HA HA HA..... :rolleyes:

We heard that last year also...and they needed acts of god to beat us....they ain't waxing anything.

Besides...we have their coach in on the fix.

We also heard Heat in 5, how did that work out?

Section126
11-22-2005, 03:03 PM
YES that TEAM was better than this team w/o Shaq. In fantasy world this team is better but that team played better together and just b/c they didn't have overratd name players doesn't mean they were worse.

Blah Blah Blah...overrated....yeah.... :lol:

Come on nyjunc...you don't even believe that....funny thing is that if you had toine and J-will on your team you would be talking about how the Nets were on cruise control to the finals.....

Section126
11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
We also heard Heat in 5, how did that work out?

I said Heat in Six.....stop changing my prediction.

I said that the heat was capable of beating the Pistons in 5....but that most likely...they would beat them in six.

How did it work out? Like I said...it took acts of god to keep us from doing just that.

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Blah Blah Blah...overrated....yeah.... :lol:

Come on nyjunc...you don't even believe that....funny thing is that if you had toine and J-will on your team you would be talking about how the Nets were on cruise control to the finals.....

No I wouldn't and I am glad they are not on my team especially that punk eminem wannabe Williams.

I said Heat in Six.....stop changing my prediction.

you said heat in 5 then offered a 2nd prediction, I guarantee you if the Heat actually won in 5 you would have crowed how you were right.

How did it work out? Like I said...it took acts of god to keep us from doing just that.

Actually it was justice, Wade was getting away w/ murder and he got hurt on a play they should have called a foul on him but they did not. Call it an act of God but Shaq is always hurt and I don't think wade can hold up aginst the more physical teams like Detroit and Indiana.

Caps
11-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Actually it was justice, Wade was getting away w/ murder and he got hurt on a play they should have called a foul on him but they did not. Call it an act of God but Shaq is always hurt and I don't think wade can hold up aginst the more physical teams like Detroit and Indiana.

Wade wasn't even hurt on that play. If you're going to talk smack about my team then at least have the courtesy to know what you're talking about.

nyjunc
11-22-2005, 08:55 PM
Wade wasn't even hurt on that play. If you're going to talk smack about my team then at least have the courtesy to know what you're talking about.

What are you talking about? he was hurt in game 5 on a play where he should have been called for a foul but he was getting away w/ everything that series so it was justice. Not that I wanted to see anyone get hurt but it was ironic he was getting away w/ another foul when he was hurt.

Section126
11-22-2005, 09:12 PM
What are you talking about? he was hurt in game 5 on a play where he should have been called for a foul but he was getting away w/ everything that series so it was justice. Not that I wanted to see anyone get hurt but it was ironic he was getting away w/ another foul when he was hurt.

Yep...you don't know what you are talking about.

Wade got hurt taking a 20 foot shot with nobody around him.....genius.

Section126
11-22-2005, 09:19 PM
No I wouldn't and I am glad they are not on my team especially that punk eminem wannabe Williams.

WOW...what is the hostility toward J-Will? Did he sleep with your wife or something? J-Will has played well for us so far....nevermind...I know...and every other heat fan on here knows you are insanely jealous of our team.

you said heat in 5 then offered a 2nd prediction, I guarantee you if the Heat actually won in 5 you would have crowed how you were right.

AHHH...NO. The post where I made the prediction was rather clear...I said that they "should" beat them in five...but most likely six. Six was my prediction. Stop making things up.

Justice? Justice for Wade to get hurt? Why? What did he do? Murder? Getting away with murder? WTF are you talking about?

and...you don't think Wade can hold up against more physical teams like Indiana and Detroit? Then how come he has so many good games against them? In fact....he has had his best games against them....and in the playoffs too.

and...again.....you don't know what you are talking about...he didn't get hurt on that play....unless you meant that he should have been called for a foul on a play where he took a wide open 20 foot shot.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Wade not holding up against physical teams like Indiana and Detroit!!!!!!!!!! Yeah...you are right...he should average 40 points against them!!!

Screw Richard Pryor....just give me nyjunc for entertainment!

Caps
11-23-2005, 10:52 PM
The first game of the season where the Heat have dominated start to finish IMO. Great game played by pretty much everyone, JWill, Posey, Kapono, and Walker shot well from 3 land. Dominating D by Zo. Great game by everyone.

Section126
11-24-2005, 12:12 AM
The first game of the season where the Heat have dominated start to finish IMO. Great game played by pretty much everyone, JWill, Posey, Kapono, and Walker shot well from 3 land. Dominating D by Zo. Great game by everyone.

I am very impressed with the J-Will / Wade combo...the points seem to come in bunches with those two out there together...

nyjunc
11-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Yep...you don't know what you are talking about.

Wade got hurt taking a 20 foot shot with nobody around him.....genius.

That might have beena different injury but he definitely was gimpy and had to leave the court after the play I described.

WOW...what is the hostility toward J-Will? Did he sleep with your wife or something? J-Will has played well for us so far....nevermind...I know...and every other heat fan on here knows you are insanely jealous of our team.

he's everything that's bad about basketball, he plays streetball not basketball and he's a punk off the court.

AHHH...NO. The post where I made the prediction was rather clear...I said that they "should" beat them in five...but most likely six. Six was my prediction. Stop making things up.

You said Heat in 5 then gave a 2nd prediction this way you had 2 chances to be right.

Justice? Justice for Wade to get hurt? Why? What did he do? Murder? Getting away with murder? WTF are you talking about?

I didn't want to see him hurt but he was barely getting touched and they kept putting him at the line. The officiating was a complete joke that series.

and...you don't think Wade can hold up against more physical teams like Indiana and Detroit? Then how come he has so many good games against them? In fact....he has had his best games against them....and in the playoffs too.

How many of those series did they win? All I know is he wasn't great against Det last year in the playoffs, he ahd a couple of real good games but wasn't great throughout and he got beat up by Det and couldn't finish.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Wade not holding up against physical teams like Indiana and Detroit!!!!!!!!!! Yeah...you are right...he should average 40 points against them!!!

That's interesting since he only score 40 against Det ONCE in the playoffs last year. The REAL #s are he averaged 22 points a agame against Det on a pathetic 36% shooting.

In '04 vs. Indian he shot a much more respectable 49% from the field but still only averaged 21 PPG, a far cry from 40. You must be talking about meaningless reg season games. Ok in the reg season against Detroit Wade & Miami have gone 1-6 the last 2 years and against Indiana they have gone 1-6 for a total of 2-12 in addition to losing to Indiana in '04 and detroit in '05 in the playoffs- yeah Wade & Miami have dominated Ind & det :lol:

Section126
11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
That might have beena different injury but he definitely was gimpy and had to leave the court after the play I described.

Stop trying to backpeddle...you didn't know what you were talking about and just spouted off like you always do...Wade got hurt taking a shot with nobody around him....he did a cross over and pulled a rib muscle. It had nothing to do with the charge he took.

he's everything that's bad about basketball, he plays streetball not basketball and he's a punk off the court.

He hasn't played "streetball" since his days in Sacramento....Hubie Brown even called him the "best game manager" he has had. You are living in the past...and once again...you are spouting off about something that you have no clue about. The guy doesn't play "streetball"...and by saying that...you prove that you haven't seen him play in 4 years.

You said Heat in 5 then gave a 2nd prediction this way you had 2 chances to be right.

NO...I dug up the thread and showed the prediction....it said "Heat in six"....I am not going to continue to bump an unneccassary thread just because you can't read.

I didn't want to see him hurt but he was barely getting touched and they kept putting him at the line. The officiating was a complete joke that series.

I agree...the officiating was a complete joke.....they let Detroit set about 30 illegal screens in each game.

How many of those series did they win? All I know is he wasn't great against Det last year in the playoffs, he ahd a couple of real good games but wasn't great throughout and he got beat up by Det and couldn't finish.

That's interesting since he only score 40 against Det ONCE in the playoffs last year. The REAL #s are he averaged 22 points a agame against Det on a pathetic 36% shooting.

In '04 vs. Indian he shot a much more respectable 49% from the field but still only averaged 21 PPG, a far cry from 40. You must be talking about meaningless reg season games. Ok in the reg season against Detroit Wade & Miami have gone 1-6 the last 2 years and against Indiana they have gone 1-6 for a total of 2-12 in addition to losing to Indiana in '04 and detroit in '05 in the playoffs- yeah Wade & Miami have dominated Ind & det :lol:

Listen nyjunc....if you are going to start making up numbers, I will cease to respond to your posts. He averaged 25.2 points per game on 44% shooting in the Detroit series and that is with him being shut down in game 1 and playing 27 minutes in game 5 while missing the whole 4th quarter...and not to mention....playing hurt in game 7. He didn't play in game 6. Detroit did nothing to have him be hurt....nobody "beat him up"...He got hurt putting a cross over on Hamilton and then while elevating to take a WIDE open shot...he pulled a rib muscle. As for his rookie year.....he averaged 16 points a game in the regular season and averaged 21 a game in the Indiana series...he played great against them.....

Back to the Detroit series....Wade dominated in that series.....he got shut down in ONE game....put up 40 and 36 in consecutive wins....then scored 28 with a big 4th quarter to make a run in game 4......he got hurt in game 5 in a winning cause while having another big game with 16 points going to the 4th quarter (a quarter that he averaged 11 points a game in the playoffs)...Game 6...He did not play.....Game 7 he played hurt and carried the Heat to the lead after being down by double digits for most of the game.

The guy has played two seasons and is a freakin legend....not like that choker ......Vince.

nyjunc.....STOP MAKING NUMBERS UP.

Section126
11-24-2005, 01:22 PM
One more thing.....from now on nyjunc....when you post stats...provide a link.

It is getting tiresome to have to look up stats over and over again because you made them up.

Funny thing is that I knew these were wrong as soon as I read them....22 a game on 36% shooting? I knew Wade played better than that in the series....and he did.

What you posted is a far cry from 25.16 a game on 44% shooting.

Next time...provide a link.

byroan
11-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Section is right. If you still call J-Dub a streetballer then you haven't watched him since he was with the Kings. Hubie Brown was the best thing for him but there wasn't much talent on the team. Now he's on a good team and he's having one of his best seasons even though his assist numbers are down. He has just as many behind the back passes a game as Kidd does.

nyjunc
11-25-2005, 01:01 PM
Stop trying to backpeddle...you didn't know what you were talking about and just spouted off like you always do...Wade got hurt taking a shot with nobody around him....he did a cross over and pulled a rib muscle. It had nothing to do with the charge he took.

he came up limping from that play so he did get banged up.

He hasn't played "streetball" since his days in Sacramento....Hubie Brown even called him the "best game manager" he has had. You are living in the past...and once again...you are spouting off about something that you have no clue about. The guy doesn't play "streetball"...and by saying that...you prove that you haven't seen him play in 4 years.

You can never take the streetball out of his game, maybe he's gotten over some of those bad habits but not enough and he's not a reliable player. if you are counting on him to help you be a key player on a title team you will not win.

NO...I dug up the thread and showed the prediction....it said "Heat in six"....I am not going to continue to bump an unneccassary thread just because you can't read.

I have proved it over and over, I brought it up a while ago. I'm not doing it again. You said Heat in 5 then gave your Heat in 6 prediction as well this way you had 2 chances to be right.

Listen nyjunc....if you are going to start making up numbers, I will cease to respond to your posts. He averaged 25.2 points per game on 44% shooting in the Detroit series

I made a mistake, I divided the #s by 7 instead of 6 since he didn't play in game 6.

Click the link for the stats:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/series_miadet.html

game 1: 7 of 25, 16 pts
Game 2: 15 of 28, 40 pts
game 3: 12 of 21, 36 pts
Game 4:10 of 22, 38 pts
Game 5: 7 of 12, 15 pts
Game 6: DNP
Game 7: 7 of 20, 20 pts

Totals: 48 of 128, 38%(still not very good) 28 PPG.

Back to the Detroit series....Wade dominated in that series.....he got shut down in ONE game....

7 of 25 in game 1, 7 of 20 in game 7. I'd say that's 2 games.

The guy has played two seasons and is a freakin legend :spit: A legend? :lol: Nah, you aren't a homer :lol:

One more thing.....from now on nyjunc....when you post stats...provide a link.

You too as you never provide links.

Funny thing is that I knew these were wrong as soon as I read them....22 a game on 36% shooting? I knew Wade played better than that in the series....and he did.

It was alot closer than he should be averaging 40 a game when he doesn't even average 30 a game.

Fresh
11-25-2005, 10:53 PM
Does Antoine Walker's garbage *** have to shoot every time he gets inside? All he does is toss up stupid, quick shots when he gets in there. I've never seen a play miss as many inside shots as Walker. :shakeno:

byroan
11-25-2005, 11:01 PM
WTF is Walker doing??

HugeFinFan
11-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Walker is 1-12, he's rushing every shot :shakeno:

HugeFinFan
11-25-2005, 11:08 PM
OMG why is there always a guy WIDE OPEN for a 3 at the WORST time.

byroan
11-25-2005, 11:25 PM
:lol: Jdub is nice.

byroan
11-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Walker can't even hit the rim. :shakeno:

At least I got to see Carolina win. :D

HugeFinFan
11-25-2005, 11:29 PM
That sums up the night, Walker air balling a 3 pointer at the end. :shakeno:

Section126
11-26-2005, 01:06 AM
he came up limping from that play so he did get banged up.

Will you ever stop backpeddling? He did not get hurt on that play...stop it already.

You can never take the streetball out of his game, maybe he's gotten over some of those bad habits but not enough and he's not a reliable player. if you are counting on him to help you be a key player on a title team you will not win.

Blah Blah Blah....more backpeddling.

I have proved it over and over, I brought it up a while ago. I'm not doing it again. You said Heat in 5 then gave your Heat in 6 prediction as well this way you had 2 chances to be right.

You have proven nothing. The prediction was there. I said Heat in six. What part of Heat in six don't you understand? I even posted Heat in six in TWO prediction threads. The Heat in 5 comment was what i thought they were capable of. if we are going to play this game....then...how did your "Detroit will sweep" prediction turn out?

I made a mistake, I divided the #s by 7 instead of 6 since he didn't play in game 6.

Click the link for the stats:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2005/series_miadet.html

DUDE! What is with you? You can't add either? it was 58 of 128.......for 45% (yeah...that is pretty good)

7 of 25 in game 1, 7 of 20 in game 7. I'd say that's 2 games.

AHHH...no...he got shut down in game 1 only.....he played hurt in game 7 and still put on a show with the little gas he had for the game to turn a 8 point defecit in the 3rd quarter to a 5 point lead.

:spit: A legend? :lol: Nah, you aren't a homer :lol:

You have to go to Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, and Bill Russell to find players that have accomplished as much or more than Wade as a second year player....hey....don't argue with me....it's the numbers...they don't lie. The guy is a legend in the making.

You too as you never provide links.

AHHH...at least I can add....and I don't make up numbers.....my numbers always seem to check out....in this case...I said he played worst than he actually did!!! Damn...he dominated Detroit.

It was alot closer than he should be averaging 40 a game when he doesn't even average 30 a game.

Seriously...what is with you? Now you don't get sarcasm? I said it as a joke....you said he sucked against detroit...and I said...."Yeah...he should have averaged 40 points!" As in....28 a game on 45% shooting against the #1 defensive team in the league wasn't enough.....don't tell me I have to put massive sarcasm warnings when I am making fun of your posts now.

Okay....he doesn't make up numbers...he just can add them correctly....

LOL!!!!

Section126
11-26-2005, 01:11 AM

You can't make this stuff up.....!!

I especially love the "still not very good" comment. :lol:

7 + 15 + 12 + 10 + 7 + 7 = 58

not 48....thus giving him 45% shooting.

Do you think that he was "still not very good"?

Next time you maek a "witty" comment...make sure you add the numbers correctly.

nyjunc
11-26-2005, 11:13 AM
Will you ever stop backpeddling? He did not get hurt on that play...stop it already.

No need to backpeddle, he was banged up on that play.

You have proven nothing. The prediction was there. I said Heat in six. What part of Heat in six don't you understand? I even posted Heat in six in TWO prediction threads. The Heat in 5 comment was what i thought they were capable of. if we are going to play this game....then...how did your "Detroit will sweep" prediction turn out?

I never said anything about a sweep but here's your "heat in 6 prediction":

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1204714&postcount=29

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1212446&postcount=57

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1213391&postcount=65

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1214088&postcount=74

These quotes should put that argument to bed.

DUDE! What is with you? You can't add either? it was 58 of 128.......for 45% (yeah...that is pretty good)

Again, my fault. I made a mistake. 45% still is below his reg season average but not bad.

AHHH...no...he got shut down in game 1 only.....he played hurt in game 7 and still put on a show with the little gas he had for the game to turn a 8 point defecit in the 3rd quarter to a 5 point lead.

Injuries are an excuse, you certainly didn't mind beating up the banged up Nets did you? but now you use wade injured as an excuse? the year before we took Det to Game 7 w/ a badly beaten up Kidd, if he's healthy we win but those are the breaks.

You have to go to Wilt Chamberlain, Magic Johnson, and Bill Russell to find players that have accomplished as much or more than Wade as a second year player....hey....don't argue with me....it's the numbers...they don't lie. The guy is a legend in the making.

get back to me in another 5-10 years.

AHHH...at least I can add....and I don't make up numbers.....my numbers always seem to check out....in this case...I said he played worst than he actually did!!! Damn...he dominated Detroit.

I didn't make anything up, I just made a mistake copying the #s then punching them into my calculator.

Section126
11-26-2005, 01:33 PM
No need to backpeddle, he was banged up on that play.

HE WAS NOT HURT ON THAT PLAY. PERIOD. ENOUGH.

I never said anything about a sweep but here's your "heat in 6 prediction":

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1204714&postcount=29

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1212446&postcount=57

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1213391&postcount=65

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showpost.php?p=1214088&postcount=74

These quotes should put that argument to bed.

They say "Heat in Six"....go figure.... :rolleyes: and you did say after game 1 that Detroit "might sweep".

Again, my fault. I made a mistake. 45% still is below his reg season average but not bad.

Not bad? Damn good I would say.

Injuries are an excuse, you certainly didn't mind beating up the banged up Nets did you? but now you use wade injured as an excuse? the year before we took Det to Game 7 w/ a badly beaten up Kidd, if he's healthy we win but those are the breaks.

Beating up a banged up nets team? yeah....we beat up on banged up nets team with Shaq not being able to move because of clotting in his thigh...sorry....your team was as healthy as ours....

get back to me in another 5-10 years.

What part of "2nd year player" don't you understand?

I didn't make anything up, I just made a mistake copying the #s then punching them into my calculator.

fine.

nyjunc
11-26-2005, 01:58 PM
They say "Heat in Six"....go figure.... and you did say after game 1 that Detroit "might sweep".

Did you actually read the quotes I posted links too? In case you didn't here they are:

Heat in six or five...seriously

That doesn't sound like Heat in 6, sounds like a copout so you'd have 2 chances to be right.

Heat in 5, maybe 6.

Again waffling.

Heat in Five...

No waffle here, just Heat in 5.

Like I said...Heat in 5...maybe 6.....but Heat in 5 or 6...book it

That sure disputes your "Heat in 6" prediction when every post says heat in 5 or 5 or 6.

Section126
11-26-2005, 03:37 PM
Nyjunc, you are being very dishonest.

Here is the original prediction. I wonder why you didn't post it? hmmm......

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78226

It says:

Heat in six....but it could be five.

The quotes you posted were responses to debate in the thread.

Boy...why are you being so dishonest? Can you apologize now?

The prediction is clear as day.....I said HEAT IN SIX...I then said that it "could" "be five" due to how well they were playing....

I of course along with everybody else underestimated the Pistons....But you know what? I still love my "Heat in six" prediction.

Section126
11-26-2005, 03:47 PM
I just noticed that only guy in that thread harping on "heat in five" was nyjunc.....

Just because i said that they "could" beat them in five.....

I also loved how I "needled" him with the Heat in 5 comment and he got crazier and crazier as the posts piled up.

LOL!!! :lol:

Still waiting for your apology....

WOW...I am actually a little upset....the guy actually didn't actually put the actual PREDICTION!!!! WOW....like anybody with the search feature couldn't find it....

dob72
11-26-2005, 05:19 PM
wow nyjunc is pretty obsessive with the heat for a non heat fan

FinsNYanksFan13
11-26-2005, 05:25 PM
kind of like you dob and a million other posters on here are obsessed with the Yankees...even though you non Yankee fans!

dob72
11-26-2005, 08:38 PM
kind of like you dob and a million other posters on here are obsessed with the Yankees...even though you non Yankee fans!
i said i hate them and laugh when they lost thats about it i don't go on for pages about them

dob72
11-26-2005, 08:41 PM
how is that obsessed

Section126
11-26-2005, 09:05 PM
UHHH...the Yankee stuff.....you Yankee fans don't get it.....

We are not obsessed with your team...we just like to obsess on how pitiful they have become.

HugeFinFan
11-26-2005, 11:08 PM
I just saw we lost to the Magic. Anyone see the game and care to share a few details? I see Zo pulled down 21 boards, good lord.

dob72
11-27-2005, 12:02 AM
I just saw we lost to the Magic. Anyone see the game and care to share a few details? I see Zo pulled down 21 boards, good lord.
well everybody sucked but zo pretty much sums it up had a chance to tie it with 13 sec left but gary had a very costly turnover just bad shooting all around

Section126
11-27-2005, 12:18 AM

The Heat played just about their worst game in the last two years...they shot around 32%...

Zo dominated all night...too bad that he was the only guy in a Heat Uni that was worth a damn tonight...he had 15 points 22 boards and 5 blocks...

J-Will had a big 4th quarter to put us in the game....he scored 10 in the final 5 minutes....

We were down 74-72 with 13 seconds left and the ball....

Ball got thrown in to Payton....he seemed to get "pushed" out by francis as he gave the ball to Wade....the official said that he stepped out of bounce....it was close...they could have called a foul on francis but chose not to....it didn't matter.

If there was ever a game that had the heat won.....that I would have preferred that they lost.....it was this one.

Had the heat won that game after the way they played they should have been ashamed of themselves and had Riley call the league to arrange a forfeit of the win.

If it wasn't for ZO we would have lost by 30...

Den54
11-27-2005, 01:08 AM
well everybody sucked but zo pretty much sums it up had a chance to tie it with 13 sec left but gary had a very costly turnover just bad shooting all around

Agreed. The Heat with their all star players could'nt get a win against the Magic or the Raptors. Whats up with that?

Den54
11-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Zo 21 rebounds and 15 points.
Dwight Howard 16 rebounds 15 points.

Not too shabby for a 19 year old kid with his 9th double double in a row of the season. He owned Haslim.

nyjunc
11-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Nyjunc, you are being very dishonest.

Here is the original prediction. I wonder why you didn't post it? hmmm......

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=78226

It says:

The quotes you posted were responses to debate in the thread.

Boy...why are you being so dishonest? Can you apologize now?

The prediction is clear as day.....I said HEAT IN SIX...I then said that it "could" "be five" due to how well they were playing....

I of course along with everybody else underestimated the Pistons....But you know what? I still love my "Heat in six" prediction.

it's as clear as can be, you kept saying heat in 5 AND Heat in 6 so you'd have 2 chances to be right(but as usual you were wring even w/ 2 predictions). So you can post a "prediction" on page 1 then before the series even starts say something else multiple times? Ok I get it. :lol:

I also loved how I "needled" him with the Heat in 5 comment and he got crazier and crazier as the posts piled up.

and I love how I told you Detroit would win and you kept saying Miami in 5. How did that series end up anyway? :lol:

wow nyjunc is pretty obsessive with the heat for a non heat fan

Obsessed? over a 2nd rate franchise? NO. Every comment I make, good or bad, is taken to the extreme by Sec. 126 so he makes a big deal out of everything then we have to take the discussion to another level.

We are not obsessed with your team...we just like to obsess on how pitiful they have become.

The yankees are pitiful but the heat are great? :sidelol: There is just no way you can believe the things you type.

nyjunc
11-27-2005, 09:53 AM
I just noticed that only guy in that thread harping on "heat in five" was nyjunc.....

B/c you have lied repeatedly about it. Here's mroe proof, another "prediction" before thes eries started:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=80104

dob72
11-27-2005, 10:20 AM
um u have fulled up pages of heat talk a team u call a 2nd rate franchise sounds pretty obsessive

nyjunc
11-27-2005, 10:41 AM
um u have fulled up pages of heat talk a team u call a 2nd rate franchise sounds pretty obsessive

Once again that's thanks to Sec.126 blowing everything I write out of proportion. This all goes back to last year b/c I said the heat wouldn't beat Detroit, I said it would be a tough series and Detroit would win but he called me crazy b/c he thought Heat in 5...or 6 :lol: Ever since then he's blown everything up, I am just responding to what he posts towards me.

Section126
11-27-2005, 12:12 PM
B/c you have lied repeatedly about it. Here's mroe proof, another "prediction" before thes eries started:

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=80104

That prediction says "Most Likely" heat in six.

You have become pathological.

Section126
11-27-2005, 12:15 PM
it's as clear as can be, you kept saying heat in 5 AND Heat in 6 so you'd have 2 chances to be right(but as usual you were wring even w/ 2 predictions). So you can post a "prediction" on page 1 then before the series even starts say something else multiple times? Ok I get it. :lol:

AHHH...no. The predictions are there.... I said heat in six. The heat in five comments were what I thought they were capable of. You have reading comprehension issues.

and I love how I told you Detroit would win and you kept saying Miami in 5. How did that series end up anyway? :lol:

You said at one time that Detroit would sweep....you then said....it might be in five...then you said six...then you finally settled in seven......and you talk about me having 2 predictions? You had like twenty.

Obsessed? over a 2nd rate franchise? NO. Every comment I make, good or bad, is taken to the extreme by Sec. 126 so he makes a big deal out of everything then we have to take the discussion to another level.

AHHH...yes..you are obsessed with the heat and especially ZO.

The yankees are pitiful but the heat are great? :sidelol: There is just no way you can believe the things you type.

The Yankees have become pitiful. Can't deny that.

Section126
11-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Agreed. The Heat with their all star players could'nt get a win against the Magic or the Raptors. Whats up with that?

Against the Raptors...the raptors would have beaten anybody by shooting almost 85% in the 4th quarter....it was one of those freak games....

The Magic game...we sucked all game and almost won...what does that say about your team?

Seriously...the Heat hadn't played that bad in two years.....the Magic must really suck.

Dwight Howard is a stud though....if he works on his outside shot...he could become a top 5 NBA player just in time for when Shaq retires and the Heat signs him up. :lol: