PDA

View Full Version : Konrad a weapon???

QuebecFinsFan
12-04-2001, 02:06 AM
I'm trying to understand why Konrad doesn't have the ball thrown his way more often and why he never runs ball:confused:

Since he's been drafted, Wanny & Gailey always said during training camp that Konrad will be a biggest part of our offense and he's not... I know he's been injured recently but still...

Maybe it's because of Chan's playbook???? i dunno???

I like this guy and i'm sure he can be a threat...

I have a feeling he will be available (not protected) for the Texans next year and they'll sign him....and then.... :( be a great player...

what's your opinion on that?

SMadison29
12-04-2001, 02:46 AM
Konrad might touch the ball once or twice a game so it has to be Chan's playbook.

dolphan39
12-04-2001, 10:06 AM
Remember Daryl Johnston at Dallas - that is Chan's idea of a FB: block and catch. But we have never thrown enough to Konrad on 1st down especially. Personally, I would rather see us go 2 TE's and put Weaver in there - he's looked like an excellent receiver.

dolphan39
12-04-2001, 11:45 PM
from http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-marvezqa.htmlstory?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront

Q: With the struggles of the running game continuing, why don't the Dolphins try any get Rob Konrad involved more ala Mike Alstott? Frank Vusir, Hamilton, Ontario

A: Unfortunately for Konrad, the Dolphins don't run many fullback dive plays or use many one-back sets featuring their fullback. Also, Lamar Smith is a bruising type of runner like Konrad only with better speed and elusiveness. I also don't know how much Konrad's right shoulder is bothering him.

QuebecFinsFan
12-05-2001, 01:31 AM
thanks Dolphan39...

i saw that today too... Marvez is right on the Konrad being kind of a similar back like Smith. But like you said, Konrad is not enough part of the offense in the passing game and that's a waste of talent (...and a waste of 2nd round pick since we pick Dyer).

phinsphan4ever
12-05-2001, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by QuebecFinsFan
I'm trying to understand why Konrad doesn't have the ball thrown his way more often and why he never runs ball:confused:

Since he's been drafted, Wanny & Gailey always said during training camp that Konrad will be a biggest part of our offense and he's not... I know he's been injured recently but still...

Maybe it's because of Chan's playbook???? i dunno???

I like this guy and i'm sure he can be a threat...

I have a feeling he will be available (not protected) for the Texans next year and they'll sign him....and then.... :( be a great player...

what's your opinion on that?

I've been saying this all season now about Rob. It's a major waste of talent not to get him more touches on offense!

:monkey: Chan not calling more plays designed to get Rob some touches.

QuebecFinsFan
12-05-2001, 03:21 AM
sorry man i didn't know you talked about that subject at some point... i just join the board...

:monkey: Wanny not telling Chan to designed more plays for Konrad...

dolfan06
12-05-2001, 04:38 AM
seems like chan gets a picture of somebody in his mind and he won't run anybody else! :confused:

dolphan39
12-05-2001, 11:31 AM
that the run blocking is bad enough w/the FB blocking so handing off the Konrad in the 2 back set makes no sense; but we should be getting Konrad on a LB and throwing to him on 1st and 2nd down. :yell:

dolfan06
12-05-2001, 11:37 AM
mix the passing with a full house backfield, especially since chan doesn't ever use it, it will confuse the defense so bad, anything will work! :D

dolphan39
12-05-2001, 12:07 PM
I would rather see us go 2 TE's and throw the ball to Jed Weaver than Konrad anyway.

dolfan06
12-05-2001, 01:51 PM
as long as its not lamar up the middle! :yell:

dolphan39
12-05-2001, 02:01 PM
of course, the Colts suck up the middle ;)

dolfan06
12-05-2001, 02:03 PM
:yell: :yell: :yell: :yell:

dolphan39
12-05-2001, 02:11 PM
Hopefully it is Chambers on the deep post. OG on the fly and McKnight on the slant. :D

dolfan87
12-05-2001, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by dolphan39
Hopefully it is Chambers on the deep post. OG on the fly and McKnight on the slant. :D

...and someone with enough accuracy to get the ball into their hands.

dolphan39
12-05-2001, 03:08 PM
so negative :rolleyes: ;)

dolfan06
12-05-2001, 04:00 PM
so negative

:D