PDA

View Full Version : Could OU creep back into the national picture?

AirFishOne
11-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Anyone belive so? If we win out (including bowl game, considering we go to one) do you think we will be ranked in the top 15 come next season? If you use the logic that if USC wins the NC they wont be ranked number 1 for sure, due to losing so many stars, while OU is teh oppsosite so many returing starters. WHat do yall think?

Boomer Sooner!!

kastofsna120
11-07-2005, 12:31 AM
yeah probably

jnewmant
11-07-2005, 12:33 AM
i don't know, they had quite the meltdown at the beginning of the season but alot of that could be attributed to the plethera of young talent on the team, and them getting better towards the end of the season could be attributed to the same. I think surely top 25 but top 15 i think would be pushing it

SMadison29
11-07-2005, 02:56 AM
It's hard to look ahead to say what teams will be preranked where because we don't know who's returning.

If Bush & White return to USC & they win it all they'll probably remain #1 because JD Booty is quite capable & has the football pedigree.

If both Bush & White decide to leave & Texas returns Vince Young the hype surrounding him could cause them to be rated #1 which wouldn't be substanciated.

If all three decide to high tail it & Brady Quinn decides to stick around Notre Dame will be #1 & the list goes on...

Think preseason will be if all juniors remain (notable seniors leaving):
1-USC (Leinart, Byrd, Lutui, Rucker, Startz)
2-Texas (Scott, Allen, Wright, Dibbles, Harris, Griffin, Huff)
3-Notre Dame (Stovall, Fasano, LeVoir, Hoyte)
4-Miami (S.Moss, Winston, Harris, Nanton, Carroll, McIntosh, Jennings, Maxey, Threat)
5-LSU (Addai, Green, Whitworth, Livings, Wroten, K.Williams, Vaughn, Prude)
6-Virginia Tech (Imoh, Humes, King, Montgomery, Butler, Tapp, J.Williams, Hamilton)

Think it should be:
1-USC
2-Miami
3-Notre Dame
4-LSU
5-Virginia Tech
6-Texas

AirFishOne
11-07-2005, 10:31 PM
yea i believe that they will be in the Top 25 For sure next year

Buddwalk
11-07-2005, 10:46 PM
Whatever happened to the greatest runningback in the world Adrian Peterson :lol:

kastofsna120
11-07-2005, 11:57 PM
yeah i was called crazy for saying peterson was overrated last year. and how he doesn't have the stuff to make it in the NFL yet. oh well

AirFishOne
11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
Whatever happened to the greatest runningback in the world Adrian Peterson :lol:

Still running strong.

He was hurt for the past 4 weeks, he started his first game last week

harman097
11-08-2005, 02:58 AM
I still think peterson is one nasty back. He's been off and on injured for most of the season. I dont think OU will start out next season ranked at all but if peterson can stay healthy I bet they will finish up in the top 20.

If I had to choose the most overrated back at the moment I'd go with Brian Calhoun.

Roman529
11-08-2005, 03:11 AM
I was going to ask them same question: What happened to Adrian Peterson?....you never hear about him anymore. I am happy because CU is
having a good year and we should kill Nebraska once more. :) Nothing
better around Thanksgiving than beating Nebraska while eating turkey
sandwiches. I love when CU plays Nebraska and OU...I got to see OU
play Air Force Academy here in Colorado Springs a couple years ago,
and I had to listen to the Boomer Sooner chant all game long. :rolleyes:

AirFishOne
11-08-2005, 06:49 PM
I was going to ask them same question: What happened to Adrian Peterson?....you never hear about him anymore. I am happy because CU is
having a good year and we should kill Nebraska once more. :) Nothing
better around Thanksgiving than beating Nebraska while eating turkey
sandwiches. I love when CU plays Nebraska and OU...I got to see OU
play Air Force Academy here in Colorado Springs a couple years ago,
and I had to listen to the Boomer Sooner chant all game long. :rolleyes:

the Boomer Sooner chant is poetry, sheer poetry :D

yea hopefuly u beat the hell outa the "throat-slashers" so you guys cna upset Texas once more in the Big 12 Champ.