PDA

View Full Version : TOS/The posting etiquette

duss12
11-08-2005, 03:24 PM
Just wondering what you guys thought about the current "posting" culture around here.

Is it just me or do I see more and more people starting their own thread about a topic that has been discussed rediscussed and rediscussed? Not that it's all bad but I like to see low #'s of thread started but a high number of posts in them

IE this thread http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=61729&highlight=separated+birth

I do not enjoy 20 threads about the same topic IE (GUS SUCKS thread)

Is there a reason that threads dont get merged as often as before? If it is because mod's are too busy it's understandable but have you considered asking a few more peeps to be mods??? I would think that since I have time on my hands I could help out (not to blow on my own horn I can suggest some of the members that I feel are deemed the position and would do a good job)

Thanks for listening!!

Duss12 :drinkers: :thewave:

The New Guy
11-09-2005, 01:58 AM
I’m with you. I really do not enjoy seeing a bunch of threads about the same topic. I to would like more post and fewer threads. I think that some people just do not read, or see the other threads and start a new one. As far as why similar threads are not getting merged as often, I really have not noticed that myself but that is something only the mods can answer.

darkmistress
11-09-2005, 02:10 AM
:lol: this is different, threads in here about merging are usually to complain about threads having been merged for no reason and that it happens far too often

duss12
11-10-2005, 08:58 AM
:lol: this is different, threads in here about merging are usually to complain about threads having been merged for no reason and that it happens far too often

Actually when I see merged stuff even if it's my thread it's well deserved sometimes I forget to search because I roam all day and therefore think I didnt must not exist lol... usually I try to pull a search before