PDA

View Full Version : I cant play madden anymore...

harman097
11-11-2005, 12:32 AM
I've played madden every year immediately when it came out since 2003. I love the gameplay and there was nothing better than madden draft day in my opinion. If i got bored id do a franchise with the fantasy draft. Then this summer I decided to pick up NCAA 2005 for $10. I found it to be twice as addicting as madden. Recruiting is like madden draft day times twenty, if you put all your points into recruiting you can get an entire new roster, instead of just 2 starters and 5 extras. Running the ball is what really does it though, you can actually put on sick moves and make defenders miss where as in madden its rare. Receivers drop a lot of passes and the passing control isnt as good as madden 06 but thats about it. I was really pumped about madden 06 but now that I have it I haven't even played it because the run game is so much more boring. So i guess the point of this thread is if you really love madden dont play ncaa because it'll be hard to go back. If madden ever bores you, pick up ncaa 06 as its a great game. (*Note: I rented NCAA 06 later simply so I could make a College Legend to import into madden. I never took NCAA 06 back. I haven't played more than 6 games of madden.)

FuturePhin
11-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the input. I might have to go and rent it and check it out. Seeing your not useing your Madden anymore...You willing to sell? :D

Darth Saban
11-11-2005, 10:45 AM
how could i ever stop playing Madden, my Dynasty of Dolphin super bowls is far too addictive :)

Slappy8800
11-11-2005, 01:35 PM
i played 5 minutes of NCAA and nearly threw up it sucked so much

Predaphin
11-11-2005, 02:28 PM
how can anyone live without a madden fix????

harman097
11-11-2005, 04:06 PM
you gotta play a season man, and not that heisman legend stuff cuz thats no good. five minutes just isn't enough.

jtsacksyou
11-11-2005, 04:27 PM
I like both games but Madden is far superior to NCAA. If you like running the ball check out ESPN 2k5. Probably the most realistic running game in a video game.

Agent51
11-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I like both games but Madden is far superior to NCAA. If you like running the ball check out ESPN 2k5. Probably the most realistic running game in a video game.

yea, cuz all you have to do is just keep pressing Y and shoulder charging through like 5 tackles per carry, other than that, jukes are impossible and the second you are touched you fall :rolleyes: :shakeno: Madden has way better running. BTW, I always get NCAA when it comes out and creat myself and do a 4yr dynasty so i can draft myself into madden. This year I HATED the running game at first because I was so used to juke being the shoulder buttons and they moved it to the stick this year. SO many time I blew the chance for a big play cuz I hit the shoulder button out of habbit. Then I got used to it and it became second nature. So then I get madden and now in Madden I STILL find myself hitting the stick button for a juke, out of habbit, lol.

HysterikiLL
11-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I love my Madden just too much. NCAA is sick but I'm too hooked on Madden. I have a franchise in which Ronnie just ran for 2000 yards in his second season, Rivers is my QB and I have Sean Taylor who is DPOY. Just finished 12-4 on the season wooooop!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do love the running game in NCAA though, it's fun and improved on other versions but it can't beat the truck stick

jtsacksyou
11-12-2005, 08:54 PM
the second you are touched you fall .
Kinda like madden before the truck stick??

Prime Time
11-13-2005, 01:07 AM

:nono: :down:

Agent51
11-13-2005, 05:09 AM

Nope, I don't EVER use the truck stick in Madden and I can still rip good runs, and I play on all madden. Madden is a sim, ESPN was arcady, VERY arcady. Spins and jukes NEEVR worked in that game, and they were so sloppily animated, they went warp speed and looked like the guys were sliding along the ground, not actually running. The only way to gain yds running was the shoulder charge, and it was so flamboyantly exaggerated that it became lame, all you had to do was keep mashing that button ad you'd get a huge gain, if not a TD, everytime, no matter what the difficulty setting. The passing in that game was a JOKE too. Impossible to complete a pass unless you let the QB do his stupid "bounce" step b4 throwing, which most of the time you'd get sacked for waiting too long, and if you DID get a pass off it floated out there like you were TRYING to get an INT, even if you threw a "bullet" pass. ESPN's gameply BLEW.

byroan
11-13-2005, 05:40 AM
Nope, I don't EVER use the truck stick in Madden and I can still rip good runs, and I play on all madden. Madden is a sim, ESPN was arcady, VERY arcady. Spins and jukes NEEVR worked in that game, and they were so sloppily animated, they went warp speed and looked like the guys were sliding along the ground, not actually running. The only way to gain yds running was the shoulder charge, and it was so flamboyantly exaggerated that it became lame, all you had to do was keep mashing that button ad you'd get a huge gain, if not a TD, everytime, no matter what the difficulty setting. The passing in that game was a JOKE too. Impossible to complete a pass unless you let the QB do his stupid "bounce" step b4 throwing, which most of the time you'd get sacked for waiting too long, and if you DID get a pass off it floated out there like you were TRYING to get an INT, even if you threw a "bullet" pass. ESPN's gameply BLEW.

Arcady? ESPN is the most realistic football game ever. You've played Madden for so long that you think it's a great football game.In every single Madden game, a QB can throw the ball 70+ yards easily. How is that realistic? If you're calling the shoulder charge lame, then what do you call the stupid truck stick? Spins and jukes worked if you knew how to use them. At least there were juke moves, where's the juke moves in madden? There are none. You have the stiff arm, spin and truck stick. You can't even hurdle, the computer chooses when to hurdle. The only thing realistic in Madden is Peyton's pre-snap audibles. Why is it that the FA period doesn't start until after the draft? Don't even get me started on the commentary. Besides the fact it's exactly the same from last year.

ESPN has always made the better football game.

Edit: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&category=Football&platform=7&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

Why is Madden 06 halfway down the page?

Agent51
11-13-2005, 07:08 PM
Arcady? ESPN is the most realistic football game ever. You've played Madden for so long that you think it's a great football game.In every single Madden game, a QB can throw the ball 70+ yards easily. How is that realistic? If you're calling the shoulder charge lame, then what do you call the stupid truck stick? Spins and jukes worked if you knew how to use them. At least there were juke moves, where's the juke moves in madden? There are none. You have the stiff arm, spin and truck stick. You can't even hurdle, the computer chooses when to hurdle. The only thing realistic in Madden is Peyton's pre-snap audibles. Why is it that the FA period doesn't start until after the draft? Don't even get me started on the commentary. Besides the fact it's exactly the same from last year.

ESPN has always made the better football game.

Edit: http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&category=Football&platform=7&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

Why is Madden 06 halfway down the page?

You COULD hurdle up until this year, or maybe last year. I have played Madden for so long because it is the better game, I never said it was perfect. I try all the other football games, ESPN, FEVER, QB Club, Gameday, etc etc. I play madden and buy it every year because it is BETTER, period. There is no Bias, I USED to be a 989 sports Gameday fan on the PS1, til I played both the 1st Gameday and Madden games for the PS2 when it first got released and Madden had the better game, and has since, so that is why I continue to buy it. If ESPN really was a better game, I would have bought and played them over Madden. You throw 70yd bombs every time in Madden? Stop playing on Rookie and try All Madden, garuntee that doesn't happen. Last years game got a much higher rating because it killed madden presentation wise and was $20 freakin' dollars. Take away the ESPN license and the cool Sportscenter stuff and Chris Berman commentary and make the game $50 and see which game sells better and is ranked better. I've said it a million times, ESPN was the better looking game, Madden was the better playing game, period. It's not Madden Bias, its fact. I always buy the better game, I have switched my loaylty before when I found a better game (Gameday to Madden) and I would do it again if I found a better one than Madden, I haven't (and now obviously won't) so Madden it is. Of course there are flaws, I never said it was perfect. I hate how my DBs can get burned deep but the comps can't even if the matchups greatly favor me, I hate the piss-poor commentary etc etc but the fact remains that it still plays better than ESPN.

Jimi
11-13-2005, 07:34 PM
umm byroan there are jukes....

byroan
11-13-2005, 07:39 PM
umm byroan there are jukes....

What button? There's the spin, shoulder charge, stiff arm, and the stupid hop to the side that doesn't do anything. None of those are jukes.

Agent51
11-13-2005, 08:13 PM
What button? There's the spin, shoulder charge, stiff arm, and the stupid hop to the side that doesn't do anything. None of those are jukes.

the shoulder buttons that aren't stiff arm (on PS2). Depending on how hard you press depends on the strength of the juke, and depending on where the defender is relative to your body depends on the juke animation you get. I have had ronnie brown stop in his tracks and lean over so a defender flies over his back when diving high to tackle him. Also, if you pull back on the "truck stick" your runner will do the kind of pause juke, like if a defender is coming across the field perpindicular to you and you hit that button your guy will hesitant and kinda rise up on hios toes while the defender will miss cuz he is heading to tackle where you SHOULD be if you were still running forward.

byroan
11-13-2005, 08:15 PM
the shoulder buttons that aren't stiff arm (on PS2). Depending on how hard you press depends on the strength of the juke, and depending on where the defender is relative to your body depends on the juke animation you get. I have had ronnie brown stop in his tracks and lean over so a defender flies over his back when diving high to tackle him. Also, if you pull back on the "truck stick" your runner will do the kind of pause juke, like if a defender is coming across the field perpindicular to you and you hit that button your guy will hesitant and kinda rise up on hios toes while the defender will miss cuz he is heading to tackle where you SHOULD be if you were still running forward.

Yeah, I've also had people jump over Ronnie. That's very realistic especially since it happens every game.

None of those are juke moves anyways. Juke moves are when you make the defender go one way, and you go the other way.

Jimi
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
Yeah, I've also had people jump over Ronnie. That's very realistic especially since it happens every game.

None of those are juke moves anyways. Juke moves are when you make the defender go one way, and you go the other way.

I have done that before, numerous times. Like said above, it all depends on the pressure applied to the button and your positioning relative to the defender.

Agent51
11-14-2005, 01:01 AM

I've seen it maybe twice. But yea, your right, having a RB duck under a high diving tackler never ever happens but 18 shoulder charges in one run up the middle for an 80+ yard TD everytime like in ESPN is SOOOOOO realistic :shakeno: If you use the juke in madden right the defender wil go one way and your guy goes the other. I slight press has him stutter-step in stride to one side, making the defender lean that way and then he bursts the other way, a hard press has the exaggerated "hop" juke to one side, which DOES happen (see early ronnie runs, old barry sanders runs, etc etc). I didn't see some "freestyle running stick" in ESPN where you can make your runner do freakin ballet moves through the defenders and sh*t, they basically had the same jukes, cut right or left. The jukes in madden and even the truck stick, are way more realistic than the two of them in ESPN. I made a tiny back in ESPN, a barry sanders type guy, just to see what would happen with the lame shoulder charge. Guess what, my little 5'8" 198lb RB was shoulder charging ray lewis and lavaar arrington and brian urlacher EVERY TIME, and on the hardest setting, SO realistic. You say all us madden fans are bias but YOU are bias. I have changed my loyalties before based on finding a game with better gameplay, and if ESPN or any other game had ever beaten out madden I would have changed my loyalty again, because I play a game for its gameplay, not its name, you however, refuse to get off ESPN's nuts. Well, that only sucks for you because now the series is dead, looks like its madden or bust for you and all other "madden-hating, ESPN suck-ups". Face it, your game LOOKED better, madden plays better, more fluid, tighter, more sim-like, not loose and arcady and, well, LAME. BTW, this "Madden sucks ESPN was th ebest thing ever" argument is pretty tired, and pointless since ESPN will no longer be made, or for a LOOOOOONG time anyway, so get over it. Madden was worth $50, ESPN was BARELY worth $20.

byroan
11-14-2005, 11:17 AM
I've seen it maybe twice. But yea, your right, having a RB duck under a high diving tackler never ever happens but 18 shoulder charges in one run up the middle for an 80+ yard TD everytime like in ESPN is SOOOOOO realistic :shakeno: If you use the juke in madden right the defender wil go one way and your guy goes the other. I slight press has him stutter-step in stride to one side, making the defender lean that way and then he bursts the other way, a hard press has the exaggerated "hop" juke to one side, which DOES happen (see early ronnie runs, old barry sanders runs, etc etc). I didn't see some "freestyle running stick" in ESPN where you can make your runner do freakin ballet moves through the defenders and sh*t, they basically had the same jukes, cut right or left. The jukes in madden and even the truck stick, are way more realistic than the two of them in ESPN. I made a tiny back in ESPN, a barry sanders type guy, just to see what would happen with the lame shoulder charge. Guess what, my little 5'8" 198lb RB was shoulder charging ray lewis and lavaar arrington and brian urlacher EVERY TIME, and on the hardest setting, SO realistic. You say all us madden fans are bias but YOU are bias. I have changed my loyalties before based on finding a game with better gameplay, and if ESPN or any other game had ever beaten out madden I would have changed my loyalty again, because I play a game for its gameplay, not its name, you however, refuse to get off ESPN's nuts. Well, that only sucks for you because now the series is dead, looks like its madden or bust for you and all other "madden-hating, ESPN suck-ups". Face it, your game LOOKED better, madden plays better, more fluid, tighter, more sim-like, not loose and arcady and, well, LAME. BTW, this "Madden sucks ESPN was th ebest thing ever" argument is pretty tired, and pointless since ESPN will no longer be made, or for a LOOOOOONG time anyway, so get over it. Madden was worth $50, ESPN was BARELY worth $20.

Yeah, I'm over it. Still doesn't mean Madden is any better. You're delusional.

you however, refuse to get off ESPN's nuts.

I'm not going to discuss a game with someone who is immature. Enjoy the greatest football game evAr!11!!

Agent51
11-14-2005, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'm over it. Still doesn't mean Madden is any better. You're delusional.

I'm not going to discuss a game with someone who is immature. Enjoy the greatest football game evAr!11!!

I'm immature? Right, thats why I STARTED out by just stating the gameplay of madden is better, you are the one who kept reverting back to "oh, madden is so unrealistic" blah blah blah, which is basically what I was saying about ESPN, so if I'm immature so are you. You pegged me as bias and "loyal" to the Madden franchise and thus blind to ESPNs greatness, or however you worded it, yet I cited examples of how I have switched "loyalties" before because I found game that was better than my previous game, you, however, are so hung up on ESPN's "greatness" that you already go into Madden hating it, so who's "delusional" now? Nobody said Madden is perfect, it has many flaws, in the gameplay, the presentation, the commentary, etc etc, but ESPN was far from perfect in its own right, and when it comes down to it the most important aspect of a football game is the FOOTBALL, so while ESPN did have MUCH much better presentation and commentary, the gameplay wasn't on par with Madden, so in my opinion Madden is the better game, period. And the reason ESPN even came close to Madden in sales was the fact that it was only 20 freakin dollars. Put Madden at $20 too, or ESPN at $50, and I bet anything Madden would have OBLITERATED ESPNs sales. Madden already sold more at $50 than ESPN did at $20, that should tell ya something. If ESPN really "killed" madden why would so many people dish out 30 more dollars for a crappier game? The "Madden" label only takes it so far, and really the only Madden in the game is the commentary, and I don't know ANYONE so loayal to that bland crap that they'd pay $30 for a worse playing game just to hear his voice when for $20 they could have awesome commentary, sportcenter broadcasts and halftime shows, and "much better and more realistic gameplay". That is an unbias POV, you should try it sometimes, it really opens up doors in life. Get over yourself and your ESPN, and don't call me immature because I most certainly am not. It one thing to like ESPN better, thats your opinion, which you are entitled to, but to sit here and call madden crap when it is the better playing game is ridiculous, and then to call the people saying WHY it is the better game "delusional" and "immature"? Nice argument, makes perfect sense.

byroan
11-14-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm immature? Right, thats why I STARTED out by just stating the gameplay of madden is better, you are the one who kept reverting back to "oh, madden is so unrealistic" blah blah blah, which is basically what I was saying about ESPN, so if I'm immature so are you. You pegged me as bias and "loyal" to the Madden franchise and thus blind to ESPNs greatness, or however you worded it, yet I cited examples of how I have switched "loyalties" before because I found game that was better than my previous game, you, however, are so hung up on ESPN's "greatness" that you already go into Madden hating it, so who's "delusional" now? Nobody said Madden is perfect, it has many flaws, in the gameplay, the presentation, the commentary, etc etc, but ESPN was far from perfect in its own right, and when it comes down to it the most important aspect of a football game is the FOOTBALL, so while ESPN did have MUCH much better presentation and commentary, the gameplay wasn't on par with Madden, so in my opinion Madden is the better game, period. And the reason ESPN even came close to Madden in sales was the fact that it was only 20 freakin dollars. Put Madden at $20 too, or ESPN at $50, and I bet anything Madden would have OBLITERATED ESPNs sales. Madden already sold more at $50 than ESPN did at $20, that should tell ya something. If ESPN really "killed" madden why would so many people dish out 30 more dollars for a crappier game? The "Madden" label only takes it so far, and really the only Madden in the game is the commentary, and I don't know ANYONE so loayal to that bland crap that they'd pay $30 for a worse playing game just to hear his voice when for $20 they could have awesome commentary, sportcenter broadcasts and halftime shows, and "much better and more realistic gameplay". That is an unbias POV, you should try it sometimes, it really opens up doors in life. Get over yourself and your ESPN, and don't call me immature because I most certainly am not. It one thing to like ESPN better, thats your opinion, which you are entitled to, but to sit here and call madden crap when it is the better playing game is ridiculous, and then to call the people saying WHY it is the better game "delusional" and "immature"? Nice argument, makes perfect sense.

Thanks for not letting me have an opinion. When you refer to saying "nuts" that's immature. I obviously hit a weak spot with you. No one defends Madden like that.

In case you didn't see it before:

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews.html?type=reviews&category=Football&platform=7&mode=all&sort=score&dlx_type=all&sortdir=asc

Even the $50 NFL 2k games are rated higher than Madden.

I'm done with this. Have a nice day.