K-train
11-12-2005, 05:40 PM
Brodie Croyle to D.j. Hall for the TD LSU-0 Bama- 10

K-train
11-12-2005, 06:51 PM
good drive for LSU to open the 3rd quarter. Vincent with the 1 yard TD run

K-train
11-12-2005, 07:00 PM
Croyle is still getting looked at on the bench when got the hard hit to the back by Laron Landry.

ether79
11-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Croyle is still getting looked at on the bench when got the hard hit to the back by Laron Landry.

LaRon Landy = Beast

byroan
11-12-2005, 08:00 PM
This is a great game so far. Both defenses are dominating right now.

ether79
11-12-2005, 08:02 PM
This is a great game so far. Both defenses are dominating right now.

Yep..that front four for LSU is dominate. Ryans is having a great game for Bama..this is a great game.

K-train
11-12-2005, 08:09 PM
oh!!!! Jackson missed wide right!

Caps
11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Wide right? What is this, FSU?

ether79
11-12-2005, 08:10 PM
oh!!!! Jackson missed wide right!

That guy is horrible.

byroan
11-12-2005, 08:15 PM
here comes a hailmary

K-train
11-12-2005, 08:16 PM
Overtime!!!

byroan
11-12-2005, 08:17 PM
here comes a hailmary

or not. :lol:

byroan
11-12-2005, 08:28 PM
Game over.

K-train
ITS OVER!!!

Russell to Bowe

kastofsna120
well well well look who's #3 in the BCS now :)

Caps
Yeeeeesssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ether79
11-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Nice win Tigers!!!!

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 08:29 PM
Well, the official who called that terrible interference penalty earned the money he got from the BCS folks to fix their problem.

GRRRR

I want to stress that I'm not excuse making. The LSU team isn't responsible for the terrible call, and they made the most of what they got. Good game, Tigers. It's on to the Iron Bowl.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Well, the official who called that terrible interference penalty earned the money he got from the BCS folks to fix their problem.
:lol:

CirclingWagons
11-12-2005, 08:34 PM
what are LSU's chances of jumping the Miami? hopefully not good. Canes have Ga. Tech, Virginia, and the ACC championship game against FSU(how'd we lose to those frauds?)...they'll be 11-1, and hopefully playing for the NC. time to pray for a miracle

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 08:39 PM
what are LSU's chances of jumping the Miami? hopefully not good. Canes have Ga. Tech, Virginia, and the ACC championship game against FSU(how'd we lose to those frauds?)...they'll be 11-1, and hopefully playing for the NC. time to pray for a miracle

LSU should absolutely jump Miami and play for the NC over them if they win out. Theirs was an overtime loss that has been compensated for with two hard fought overtime wins over Alabama and Auburn. Winning out means beating likely Georgia with Shockley in Atlanta in the SEC Championship. The SEC features the best and toughest college football in the nation -- any SEC team tied in record with any other school should get preferential treatment.

jtsacksyou
11-12-2005, 08:39 PM
i dont think well see any Brodie Croyle Bandwagon's started this week.. good game though

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 08:40 PM
isn't penn state ranked ahead of LSU anyway?

jtsacksyou
11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
lsu was number 5 i think

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 08:41 PM
LSU should absolutely jump Miami and play for the NC over them if they win out. Theirs was an overtime loss that has been compensated for with two hard fought overtime wins over Alabama and Auburn. Winning out means beating likely Georgia with Shockley in Atlanta in the SEC Championship. The SEC features the best and toughest college football in the nation -- any SEC team tied in record with any other school should get preferential treatment.
lol, i'm tired of the SEC getting so much love. miami would destroy any team in the SEC easily, as would USC, texas, notre dame and vatech. if LSU is ranked ahead of miami it'd be stupid. but that won't happen, so who cares?

ether79
11-12-2005, 08:42 PM

Yeah they are I think, don't know about after this win though I think the margin was fairly small.

jtsacksyou
11-12-2005, 08:42 PM
4 Miami (Fla.)
5 Penn State
6 Virginia Tech
7 LSU

theres the bcs u r correct kast of

CirclingWagons
11-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Miami has a firm grip on #3 now (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/abcsports/BCSStandings)

Caps
11-12-2005, 08:49 PM

Yeah, the team that BLEW OUT the #3 team in the country 27-7 should be ranked behind the team that barely edges out a team in OT that should have been #4 in the rankings. That makes no sense.

CirclingWagons
11-12-2005, 08:50 PM
yeah, just found that out...so is va tech.
FSU's losing streak is killing us...hopefully Va Tech runs the table tho

K-train
11-12-2005, 08:50 PM
But another thing we have to factor in, is strength of scheldule.

Florida st. lost today, and Georgia Tech lost to Virginia, which Georgia Tech was ranked #24.

Dont be suprised if Penn st. jumps Miami, even though its unlikely.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 08:52 PM
But another thing we have to factor in, is strength of scheldule.

Florida st. lost today, and Georgia Tech lost to Virginia, which Georgia Tech was ranked #24.

Dont be suprised if Penn st. jumps Miami, even though its unlikely.
yeah but miami plays virginia next week, so that helps, too

but miami won't drop. look at the standings. miami is WAY ahead of penn state

CirclingWagons
11-12-2005, 08:53 PM
wow, they lost a close one...good for them, Miami lost on the last play of the game too(a game they dominated). I understand the argument you're trying to make, and I respect that--just don't agree with it.

Off topic, but who do you think would win an LSU-Miami matchup (neutral field)? I'd say Miami handily

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Off topic, but who do you think would win an LSU-Miami matchup (neutral field)? I'd say Miami handily

I'm sure that's also what you said about the Sugar Bowl before Gene's boys, led by George Teague, whipped the life out of Gino Toretta and the Hurricanes.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 09:25 PM
I'm sure that's also what you said about the Sugar Bowl before Gene's boys, led by George Teague, whipped the life out of Gino Toretta and the Hurricanes.
yeah i remember that from early this season

oh wait, that was over a decade ago, meaning it means nothing now

CirclingWagons
11-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Seriously, you're reaching now...that was 1992, this is 2005.

USC>Miami>the other 115 teams...that's how it stands right now

cnc66
11-12-2005, 09:32 PM

well, Jimmy, we don't win them all, but we sure do go to lot of them. We average one Championship game every three years... actually less. That means you can almost gaurantee to a recruit he will play for the championship while at the U.

ether79
11-12-2005, 09:35 PM
well, Jimmy, we don't win them all, but we sure do go to lot of them. We average one Championship game every three years... actually less. That means you can almost gaurantee to a recruit he will play for the championship while at the U.

I think its remote that Texas will lose because of their weak schedule...What I can't wait to see is next years title game....Miami vs. Notre Dame

cnc66
11-12-2005, 09:42 PM
the Catholics and the Convicts

ether79
11-12-2005, 09:43 PM
the Catholics and the Convicts

:rofl3:

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:12 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!! I'm going party this one up tonight.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:13 PM

:yes::yes::yes::yes:

Any blind Miami fan who says the ACC is tougher than the SEC is dilusional. SEC defenses are like NFL defenses.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
lol, i'm tired of the SEC getting so much love. miami would destroy any team in the SEC easily, as would USC, texas, notre dame and vatech. if LSU is ranked ahead of miami it'd be stupid. but that won't happen, so who cares?

:lol::lol::lol:

ARE YOU FREIKING SERIOUS????

I guess that's why Auburn went 13-0 last year and didn't go to the National Championship game.
If anything, the SEC is IGNORED by the BCS.

How can ANYONE not realize this is the TOUGHEST, HARDEST AND BEST conference in America???

...as for your prediction, we will see when LSU meets Miami in a BCS Bowl game. If both teams win out, that's what'll happen.

And I'll say this. Miami has played VA Tech. And they STILL haven't seen a defense like LSU's.

The U = TIGER BAIT.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:20 PM
4 Miami (Fla.)
5 Penn State
6 Virginia Tech
7 LSU

theres the bcs u r correct kast of

NOT anymore. We're moving way up, passing Penn State for sure.

LSU and Miami are currently battling for 3rd in the polls and the BCS, and when we win the SEC Championship, that will give us the edge.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 10:21 PM
who cares about the conferences? miami is better than any SEC team, period. the SEC gets TONS of love from all the media and all you moron fans. the BCS doesn't give it love because it has no opinion and only goes by the numbers, which is why auburn was shut out of the title game. although maybe it was playing the citadel that hurt.....either way, they weren't better than oklahoma or USC

LSU's defense is not even close to miami's

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 10:23 PM
NOT anymore. We're moving way up, passing Penn State for sure.

LSU and Miami are currently battling for 3rd in the polls and the BCS, and when we win the SEC Championship, that will give us the edge.
let's see, miami only loss was to a ranked FSU team, while LSU's loss was to a tennessee team that is going to have a hard time even getting to a bowl game. LSU's biggest win was on the road against a weak offensive team in overtime, miami's was on the road against a good offensive team in a blowout fashion

it's moot as LSU will lose in the SEC championship anyway

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:24 PM
who cares about the conferences? miami is better than any SEC team, period. the SEC gets TONS of love from all the media and all you moron fans. the BCS doesn't give it love because it has no opinion and only goes by the numbers, which is why auburn was shut out of the title game. although maybe it was playing the citadel that hurt.....either way, they weren't better than oklahoma or USC

LSU's defense is not even close to miami's

WTF??? I'm talking football, and you say that??

I could stoop to your level, but I won't.

How can you say Miami is better than any SEC team when they haven't played one???

Like I said, all us "MORON" fans will see when LSU meets Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

I'd love to match up SEC teams against the ACC teams rank by rank to prove you wrong.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 10:25 PM
let's see, miami only loss was to a ranked FSU team, while LSU's loss was to a tennessee team that is going to have a hard time even getting to a bowl game. LSU's biggest win was on the road against a weak offensive team in overtime, miami's was on the road against a good offensive team in a blowout fashion

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

TO WHO??????????

:lol:

P.S. If you don't think Auburn would have given USC a better game last year than Oklahoma did then you are crazier than I thought...which is pretty hard to imagine.

P.P.S. Your point about us losing to Tennessee and you losing to FSU is dumb, because FSU is really tearing it up too, huh? :rolleyes:

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 10:50 PM
yeah i remember that from early this season

oh wait, that was over a decade ago, meaning it means nothing now

It means nothing is what the loser of the big game always says. Are you a Dolphins fan? Tell me you don't celebrate those Super Bowl wins and that perfect season even now.

Caps
11-12-2005, 10:58 PM
It means nothing is what the loser of the big game always says. Are you a Dolphins fan? Tell me you don't celebrate those Super Bowl wins and that perfect season even now.

So? I also celebrate about the win over the pats last year, does that have any relevance whatsoever to tomorrows game? No. It means nothing.

Caps
11-12-2005, 11:02 PM
WTF??? I'm talking football, and you say that??

I could stoop to your level, but I won't.

How can you say Miami is better than any SEC team when they haven't played one???

Like I said, all us "MORON" fans will see when LSU meets Miami in the Sugar Bowl.

I'd love to match up SEC teams against the ACC teams rank by rank to prove you wrong.

Calling fans blind and delusional is pretty much the equivilant of calling them a moron. I didn't get upset when you said it, now return the favor.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:02 PM

Here is the hard, cold fact:

At the time of the Miami-FSU game on September 5, 2005, Florida State was #14 in the nation. Tennessee was #3. At the time of the LSU-Tennessee game, Tennessee was #10 and Florida State was #6. Even if we're charitable to FSU by allowing an average of the positions at the critical times for this measure, FSU's average rank was #10 and Tennessee's rank was #6.5.

Riddle me this: Tennessee played ND close. ND played USC extremely close. Would you trust a team like Virginia (what would supposedly be the equivalent in the ACC to what the Vols are) to play ND tough?

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:05 PM
Calling fans blind and delusional is pretty much the equivilant of calling them a moron. I didn't get upset when you said it, now return the favor.

I disagree. Blind and delusional are not words used to describe a person's ordinary state of being. You say the ref is blind, but that means you think he was transactionally bad. He blew the call. Delusional works the same way. Being a moron is a permanent state akin to being a "******". I think that is precisely what crosses the line from arguing the merits to name calling.

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:09 PM

At the time of the Miami-FSU game on September 5, 2005, Florida State was #14 in the nation. Tennessee was #3. At the time of the LSU-Tennessee game, Tennessee was #10 and Florida State was #6. Even if we're charitable to FSU by allowing an average of the positions at the critical times for this measure, FSU's average rank was #10 and Tennessee's rank was #6.5.

Riddle me this: Tennessee played ND close. ND played USC extremely close. Would you trust a team like Virginia (what would supposedly be the equivalent in the ACC to what the Vols are) to play ND tough?
Tennessee played ND close for about a quarter of that game..ND was in control the whole time and then blew them out when it mattered in the 4th.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:10 PM

who cares where they were ranked? tennessee sucks and didn't deserve to be ranked #3

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:11 PM
i wasn't alive for any of them, so they mean nothing to me (i was born on the day of super bowl XIX though)

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:11 PM

Umm, I didn't point out anyone specifically. Meaning, not all Miami fans automatically say "Oh, we'd easily handle any SEC team." That's crazy talk.

He said "all YOU moron fans," meaning me and all other SEC fans.

See? ;)

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:12 PM
Umm, I didn't point out anyone specifically. Meaning, not all Miami fans automatically say "Oh, we'd easily handle any SEC team." That's crazy talk.

He said "all YOU moron fans," meaning me and all other SEC fans.

See? ;)
actually i was just referring to anyone who says "an undefeated SEC team deserves to be in the national championship, period." plain ole ignorance

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
actually i was just referring to anyone who says "an undefeated SEC team deserves to be in the national championship, period." plain ole ignorance

Why not? They clearly would have gone through the toughest schedule in the nation without any blimeshes.

To me, that warrants a berth in the National Championship.

The day the Pac 10 or Big 12 becomes nearly as tough as the SEC, then I'll say the same thing about those conferences. :up:

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:15 PM
Why not? They clearly would have gone through the toughest schedule in the nation without any blimeshes.

The day the Pac 10 or Big 12 becomes nearly as tough as the SEC, then I'll say the same thing about those conferences. :up:
when you play the citadel and lousiana-lafayette (or la-monroe, i forget which one), you shouldn't be rewarded for it

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:15 PM
who cares where they were ranked? tennessee sucks and didn't deserve to be ranked #3

Kind of like how Virginia Tech sucked and didn't deserve to be ranked #3 and now Miami sucks and doesn't deserve its ranking?

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:16 PM

Its hard to say year in and year out that the SEC is the toughest..in the past year or so?? Maybe but lets not say anymore than that.

CirclingWagons
Justice will be served come Monday...Miami will be at their correct spot of #3, with LSU behind them. LSU has lost one game, just like Miami...but Miami didn't blow a 21-0 lead at home to a sub .500 team.
Also, DD28...I respect you man but there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH that LSU could beat Miami(assuming they met this year by some miracle). Maybe in 03, but not 05.
#1 defense in the land

Jimmy James
Tennessee played ND close for about a quarter of that game..ND was in control the whole time and then blew them out when it mattered in the 4th.

Do you think the sad-sack Cavs could even play ND close for a set of drives?

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:17 PM
when you play the citadel and lousiana-lafayette (or la-monroe, i forget which one), you shouldn't be rewarded for it

Umm, not every SEC team plays those teams.

Besides, the Pac 10 and other conferences have cupcakes built into their schedules automatically who are in the conference.

The SEC needs those break games to give them breathers.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Justice will be served come Monday...Miami will be at their correct spot of #3, with LSU behind them. LSU has lost one game, just like Miami...but Miami didn't blow a 21-0 lead at home to a sub .500 team.
Also, DD28...I respect you man but there is NO WAY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH that LSU beats Miami. Maybe in 03, but not 05.

Go back and look at what I said. We will see. I'm not making a prediction. But we will find out in what will probably turn out to be the Sugar Bowl.

(I know I said "Tiger Bait", but come on, we just beat the #3 team in the nation. I'm excited.)

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Umm, not every SEC team plays those teams.
i'm not talking about every SEC team, i'm talking about auburn from last year. you're putting a blanket statement over everything which is ridiculous. LOOK at each team and judge them, don't just say "okay, you went undefeated, and you were in the SEC, so go to the NC"

Jimmy James

You want to throw those stones?

South Florida
Temple
UNC
Duke

Those are 4 of Miami's tremendous opponents this season. Dare I get into other ACC schools?

kastofsna120
Kind of like how Virginia Tech sucked and didn't deserve to be ranked #3 and now Miami sucks and doesn't deserve its ranking?
lmao....

roll tide!

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Do you think the sad-sack Cavs could even play ND close for a set of drives?

NO.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:21 PM
You want to throw those stones?

South Florida
Temple
UNC
Duke

Those are 4 of Miami's tremendous opponents this season. Dare I get into other ACC schools?
who cares? miami doesn't deserve to be in the national championship. they lost

i'm not comparing conferences, i'm just saying the SEC isn't as cracked up as everyone claims it to be

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:22 PM
i'm not talking about every SEC team, i'm talking about auburn from last year. you're putting a blanket statement over everything which is ridiculous. LOOK at each team and judge them, don't just say "okay, you went undefeated, and you were in the SEC, so go to the NC"

I'm not blanketing everything, but your Miami bias (which is totally understandable to us moron fans) is blinding you from seeing that the SEC is clearly the toughest, deepest and best conference in America.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
who cares? miami doesn't deserve to be in the national championship. they lost

i'm not comparing conferences, i'm just saying the SEC isn't as cracked up as everyone claims it to be

Oh, I see -- this is about the robbery your Trojans commmitted against LSU by whining yourself into a co-championship and then getting one unjustly all to yourself and screwing Auburn (which I almost thank you for).

The SEC is over the years the highest quality college football conference in the nation. It isn't #1 every single year -- there are occasions when it slips to #2 due to probation and injuries. Regional bias by the coasts against the South skews things and doesn't give the SEC its due.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:25 PM
Oh, I see -- this is about the robbery your Trojans commmitted against LSU by whining yourself into a co-championship and then getting one unjustly all to yourself and screwing Auburn (which I almost thank you for).

The SEC is over the years the highest quality college football conference in the nation. It isn't #1 every single year -- there are occasions when it slips to #2 due to probation and injuries. Regional bias by the coasts against the South skews things and doesn't give the SEC its due.

Damn, this man knows exactly what he's talking about.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:28 PM
christ i didn't even say the SEC WASN'T the toughest conference

READ WHAT IS POSTED FOLKS

Caps
11-12-2005, 11:29 PM

You know he's not a Trojans fan right? Cause he's not.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:31 PM
christ i didn't even say the SEC WASN'T the toughest conference

READ WHAT IS POSTED FOLKS

...Hmmmmm.....

kastofsna120
lol @ "getting one unjustly for yourself"

those *******s at USC! winning all the games on their schedule and having no say-so as into what bowl game they play in!! arrgh!

Jimmy James
You know he's not a Trojans fan right? Cause he's not.

He was acting like a 'Canes fan and denied it. He has a ML avatar and has made pro-USC sounding statements in the thread. If he isn't going to come forward and claim a team to dance with, I'm going to hang whatever I like on him based on his conduct.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:32 PM
...Hmmmmm.....
your point? you people act like it's a conference full of NFL teams. it's a top-heavy conference, and all the best teams in the conference can compete with just about anyone, but that doesn't mean THE BEST TEAM in the SEC is THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. get it? i know logic isn't something you folk are too keen on, but maybe you can figure it out when it's right under your nose

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:33 PM
He was acting like a 'Canes fan and denied it. He has a ML avatar and has made pro-USC sounding statements in the thread. If he isn't going to come forward and claim a team to dance with, I'm going to hang whatever I like on him based on his conduct.
lol, i hate USC. i root for them to lose every game, and have since '03. i want the dolphins to get leinart, because he's the best QB in the country

you're from virginia, so i'm going to label you a vatech fan, k? kewl

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:35 PM
your point? you people act like it's a conference full of NFL teams. it's a top-heavy conference, and all the best teams in the conference can compete with just about anyone, but that doesn't mean THE BEST TEAM in the SEC is THE BEST TEAM IN THE COUNTRY. get it? i know logic isn't something you folk are too keen on, but maybe you can figure it out when it's right under your nose

:roflmao:

Blah blah blah... I wasn't even talking about that. I was making fun of the contradiction of your posts.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:35 PM
lol, i hate USC. i root for them to lose every game, and have since '03. i want the dolphins to get leinart, because he's the best QB in the country

you're from virginia, so i'm going to label you a vatech fan, k? kewl

You'd have to be cranked in the head to label somebody from Richmond a VPI fan (you do know what VPI stands for, right?). If I didn't make my allegience clear enough for all complaining about the loss (a response I know you responded to IN THIS THREAD), I'm a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Now it is your turn to enlighten us all about your preference.

K-train
11-12-2005, 11:36 PM
wow, I never expected my thread to result in this.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:38 PM
wow, I never expected my thread to result in this.

That's what happens when people make statements like "Miami could easily handle any team in the SEC."

Caps
11-12-2005, 11:39 PM
:roflmao:

Blah blah blah... I wasn't even talking about that. I was making fun of the contradiction of your posts.

There was no contradiction, he simply said the SEC was overrated. You can be overrated and still be the best, I think the Patriots have been overrated for 4 years now, but that doesn't mean they weren't the best team in the league 3 out of those 4 years.

kastofsna120
You'd have to be cranked in the head to label somebody from Richmond a VPI fan (you do know what VPI stands for, right?). If I didn't make my allegience clear enough for all complaining about the loss (a response I know you responded to IN THIS THREAD), I'm a fan of the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Now it is your turn to enlighten us all about your preference.
no clue what VPI stands for, and frankly, i don't care. i could google it, but....meh

i'll label you a cavs fan now. actually you like both teams

Jimmy James
That's what happens when people make statements like "Miami could easily handle any team in the SEC."

Yeah, and we haven't even gotten the input of the OSU fans. I know they have some real gems saved up from another national championship game the 'Canes fans will assure us didn't matter.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:41 PM
no clue what VPI stands for, and frankly, i don't care. i could google it, but....meh

i'll label you a cavs fan now. actually you like both teams

I think you have proven that your ignorance is staggering. I have told you the team I root for, and I'll now tell you that due to it being the state of my birth, I root for WVU when I can (which is pretty much always because they rarely play Alabama).

You keep dodging the question. If we were playing a game called TROLL by the rules of HORSE, you'd be a TROL at this point.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:44 PM
There was no contradiction, he simply said the SEC was overrated. You can be overrated and still be the best, I think the Patriots have been overrated for 4 years now, but that doesn't mean they weren't the best team in the league 3 out of those 4 years.

I see what you are saying, but I have no idea how a conference can be OVERrated when in 2003 the clearly best team in America (LSU) got screwed out of a sole National Championship just because USC claimed they won part of it too, and the West Coast media took it and ran with it until everyone had to accept it,

and,

In 2004 a 13-0 team who had a tougher schedule than Oklahoma got shut out of the national championship. Auburn DEFINITELY would have given USC a way better game than the egg that Oklahoma laid.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:44 PM
I think you have proven that your ignorance is staggering. I have told you the team I root for, and I'll now tell you that due to it being the state of my birth, I root for WVU when I can (which is pretty much always because they rarely play Alabama).
i think my sarcastic "roll tide" comment early in the thread should've been enough, but apparently not. oh well

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:45 PM
I see what you are saying, but I have no idea how a conference can be OVERrated when in 2003 the clearly best team in America (LSU) got screwed out of a sole National Championship just because USC claimed they won part of it too, and the West Coast media took it and ran with it until everyone had to accept it,

and,

In 2004 a 13-0 team who had a tougher schedule than Oklahoma got shut out of the national championship. Auburn DEFINITELY would have given USC a way better game than the egg that Oklahoma laid.
it wasn't LSU they had a bias against, it was oklahoma. no one wanted to see OU in the championship, they wanted USC vs. LSU. but....you read what you wanna read, you hear what you wanna hear

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:47 PM
i think my sarcastic "roll tide" comment early in the thread should've been enough, but apparently not. oh well

Are you capable of answering a point blank question with a point blank answer?

Try that one first. If you can handle it, try this one:

AMONG THE FOOTBALL TEAMS SANCTIONED BY THE NCAA, WHICH ONE DO YOU ROOT FOR?

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:48 PM
it wasn't LSU they had a bias against, it was oklahoma. no one wanted to see OU in the championship, they wanted USC vs. LSU. but....you read what you wanna read, you hear what you wanna hear

So that's not LSU's fault. LSU was screwed out of a sole NC just because of the westcoast newspaper.

I don't see what I "want" to see, but what I DID see was that LSU won the game that had "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" written on the field.

Jeez dude, you really don't get it, do you?

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:48 PM

Man USC vs. LSU would've been great.

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:49 PM
So that's not LSU's fault. LSU was screwed out of a sole NC just because of the westcoast newspaper.

I don't see what I "want" to see, but what I DID see was that LSU won the game that had "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" written on the field.

In all fairness to him he did say in a thread yesterday that LSU WAS the national champion that year in his own way.

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:50 PM
Are you capable of answering a point blank question with a point blank answer?

Try that one first. If you can handle it, try this one:

AMONG THE FOOTBALL TEAMS SANCTIONED BY THE NCAA, WHICH ONE DO YOU ROOT FOR?
i've said many times i'm a miami fan. in many threads, on many different occasions. and someone called me a miami homer in this thread, too. you should've been able to figure it out

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:51 PM
lol, EVERYONE was saying that USC was co-champions. leave it to an LSU fan to be upset about a split-national championship :rofl3:

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:52 PM
Man USC vs. LSU would've been great.

You can say that about a bunch of games. I'm backing way off here and pointing out that this is why it is so ridiculous we even have to have this discussion. Even a 4 team playoff allows the worst case scenario to be whether the Big 12 or Big 10 places its undefeated team in the playoff. That is what happens only in the (in my recollection nonexistant) case where the SEC, ACC, Pac-10, Big 12, and Big 10 all have an undefeated team.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:52 PM
lol, EVERYONE was saying that USC was co-champions. leave it to an LSU fan to be upset about a split-national championship :rofl3:

Please, if that's any other team other than USC, LSU is sole National Champion.

You are clueless.

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:53 PM

Yeah it was the AP voters who called USC #1 I'd still give it to LSU though.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:53 PM
i've said many times i'm a miami fan. in many threads, on many different occasions. and someone called me a miami homer in this thread, too. you should've been able to figure it out

Fair enough. I overread the significance of your sidestep on the Miami question.

You have to understand that it is usually Auburn or Tennessee fans who are sarcastic to me, and it was hard to think you were one of those two given what you said.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:54 PM

You know..."co" just means the title is shared, right?

ether79
11-12-2005, 11:54 PM
You can say that about a bunch of games. I'm backing way off here and pointing out that this is why it is so ridiculous we even have to have this discussion. Even a 4 team playoff allows the worst case scenario to be whether the Big 12 or Big 10 places its undefeated team in the playoff. That is what happens only in the (in my recollection nonexistant) case where the SEC, ACC, Pac-10, Big 12, and Big 10 all have an undefeated team.
Yeah you're right..at this point I'd be happy with the and 1 deal. Just something to help out a flawed system.

DolphinDevil28
11-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Yeah it was the AP voters who called USC #1 I'd still give it to LSU though.

Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. As far as I'm concerned, WE are the ones who brought home the hardware.

I'm focused on this year. We will be ranked either #3 or #4 tomorrow. I just cannot believe someone would say "The SEC is overrated" and "Miami would easily handle any team in the SEC."

That's where this whole argument started.

Jimmy James
11-12-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. As far as I'm concerned, WE are the ones who brought home the hardware.

I'm focused on this year. We will be ranked either #3 or #4 tomorrow. I just cannot believe someone would say "The SEC is overrated" and "Miami would easily handle any team in the SEC."

That's where this whole argument started.

Is it really so hard to believe that this would happen on a Dolphins board? I was right with you in the indignation, but this is probably the place I frequent where it would be most likely to happen...

kastofsna120
11-12-2005, 11:58 PM
miami would beat any team in the SEC, btw

MikeO

There were 2 undefeated teams. So its a split national title. USC could claim they were screwed too. It works both ways.

MikeO

Miami couldn't even beat FSU and everyone has beat FSU this year. Next.....

Please, Miami? I hope you are joking.:lol: :rofl3:

MikeO
11-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Hey, to tell you the truth, I'm over it. .

Doesn't sound like it......:shakeno:

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:00 AM
There were 2 undefeated teams. So its a split national title. USC could claim they were screwed too. It works both ways.
actually they both had 1 loss. oh well, who cares about facts anyway?

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 12:00 AM

USC definitely WAS screwed. I agree. But LSU had no control of that whatsoever. It should have been LSU vs. SC.

But it didn't work that way. And LSU should not have been penalized just because some other team got screwed by the BCS.

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 12:01 AM
Doesn't sound like it......:shakeno:

LOL, it's because yall keep bringing it up.

I started in this argument about THIS year, and defending the SEC THIS year. C'mon Mike. You just came into the discussion.

ether79
11-13-2005, 12:02 AM

I'm independent here because my team sux and I'll say this there is no way you could predict the outcome of an LSU v. Miami game...that would be a good game to watch... right now I think these should be the bowls...

USC v Tex
Miami v LSU
Penn St v Notre Dame
the other game I'm still undecided

MikeO
11-13-2005, 12:02 AM
LOL, it's because yall keep bringing it up.

I started in this argument about THIS year, and defending the SEC THIS year. C'mon Mike. You just came into the discussion.

That's how message boards work.......people just come into the discussions! :rolleyes:

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 12:03 AM

So...distinguish it from Auburn a year later.

MikeO
11-13-2005, 12:04 AM
I'm independent here because my team sux and I'll say this there is no way you could predict the outcome of an LSU v. Miami game...that would be a good game to watch... right now I think these should be the bowls...

USC v Tex
Miami v LSU
Penn St v Notre Dame

The other game is gonna have either South Florida or West Virigina and right now I think SOUTH FLORIDA is gonna do it. If they win out (2 of the 3 games are easy) they go to the BCS and before everyone laughs, if you haven't seem them play.......they are for real.

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 12:04 AM

USC v Tex
Miami v LSU
Penn St v Notre Dame

I agree wholeheartedly.

MikeO
11-13-2005, 12:05 AM
USC definitely WAS screwed. I agree. But LSU had no control of that whatsoever. It should have been LSU vs. SC.

But it didn't work that way. And LSU should not have been penalized just because some other team got screwed by the BCS.

USC shouldn't have been penalized either. :shakeno: Take off the purple and yellow glasses.

kastofsna120

how were they penalized?

Jimmy James

USC v Tex
Miami v LSU
Penn St v Notre Dame

Alabama v Virginia Tech?

I don't know that is a good BCS matchup, but it is the one I want somewhere somehow.

DolphinDevil28
That's how message boards work.......people just come into the discussions! :rolleyes:

And obviously act like they automatically know what's been discussed the whole way.

MikeO
11-13-2005, 12:06 AM
So...distinguish it from Auburn a year later.

You can't. Each year is different. Auburn go the shaft last year, no doubt.

The BCS starts a new 3 year deal next year with FOX, if the SEC hates it so much....bail out after 3 years and go on their own. Nobody is holding a gun to their head.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:07 AM
they go to the BCS and before everyone laughs, if you haven't seem them play.......they are for real.
i've watched about 5 of their games, and i love the bulls. guess what? they aren't for real. a good defense and a good runningback, but the passing game is just embarassing to watch. they're "for real" in that they could win the big east, but a BCS game? not a chance. still, i want them BADLY to go to one. that alone would be gigantic for the program

DolphinDevil28
how were they penalized?

By not being awarded the sole NC even though they won the game that had "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" written on the field.

But like I said, I don't care anymore. We are kicking butt this year and I'm excited.

MikeO
And obviously act like they automatically know what's been discussed the whole way.

Well, YEAH!!!!! because you can go back and READ what was said!:shakeno: :shakeno:

You can't be this stupid!

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:08 AM
By not being awarded the sole NC even though they won the game that had "NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP" written on the field.

But like I said, I don't care anymore. We are kicking butt this year and I'm excited.
lol, you don't care anymore? are you sure about that? they won the national championship......nothing to complain about whatsoever

ether79
Alabama v Virginia Tech?

I don't know that is a good BCS matchup, but it is the one I want somewhere somehow.

Yeah that would be a good one...just waiting at this point..the other ones should be set in stone. IMO

MikeO
i've watched about 5 of their games, and i love the bulls. guess what? they aren't for real. a good defense and a good runningback, but the passing game is just embarassing to watch. they're "for real" in that they could win the big east, but a BCS game? not a chance. still, i want them BADLY to go to one. that alone would be gigantic for the program

Ask Louisville if they are for real. The passing game lacks, but they are good enough to hang with an at-large team from the Big 10 or Big 12.

Jimmy James
You can't. Each year is different. Auburn go the shaft last year, no doubt.

The BCS starts a new 3 year deal next year with FOX, if the SEC hates it so much....bail out after 3 years and go on their own. Nobody is holding a gun to their head.

I'd like nothing better, but that's the problem -- the heads of these conferences are the enemies of the fans that make up the fanbases of their member schools. I have seen nothing like it anywhere else.

Thumbs up to you for not even trying to defend last year. I would also suggest to you that you not even try to defend the year before, though.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:10 AM
Ask Louisville if they are for real. The passing game lacks, but they are good enough to hang with an at-large team from the Big 10 or Big 12.
beating louisville at home was incredible. but did you see the miami game? one of the worst offensive performances i've ever seen. and pittsburgh beat them pretty soundly.....yeah, pittsburgh. i hope they beat west virginia, but even that game i'm not so sure about, although thankfully it's at home

MikeO
Alabama v Virginia Tech?

I don't think the ACC will get that at-large BCS bid. VT screwed the pooch by losing to Miami. Back to the GATOR BOWL for VT most likely.

DolphinDevil28
Well, YEAH!!!!! because you can go back and READ what was said!:shakeno: :shakeno:

You can't be this stupid!

There you go again, disagreeing with people just for the sake of argument.

I am in this discussion because I am defending LSU and the SEC.

You argue just to argue. The good 'ole MikeO way. Hide behind your cloth of ambiguity, not telling anyone who your team is, or what you really believe.

You just criticize what everyone else says. Like I said before, you wonder why you are by far the most unpopular poster on this site. Hell, everyone rathers the bills fans over you.

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 12:11 AM
beating louisville at home was incredible. but did you see the miami game? one of the worst offensive performances i've ever seen. and pittsburgh beat them pretty soundly.....yeah, pittsburgh. i hope they beat west virginia, but even that game i'm not so sure about, although thankfully it's at home

I will have to make a point to show up for that one so we can clash, er, discuss it in progress.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:12 AM
I will have to make a point to show up for that one so we can clash, er, discuss it in progress.
should a hokie fan really be rooting for westva??

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 12:14 AM
should a hokie fan really be rooting for westva??

Now you can't even remember which teams you arbitrarily assigned me. :rofl3:

I couldn't possibly be a VPI (which is what Virginia Tech really is -- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) fan or a Cavs fan -- I have attended William & Mary and the University of Richmond. ;)

ETA: Due to VPI's wretched behavior during the ACC expansion debacle, it is unlikely WVU and VPI will be playing each other unless it just so happens to be in a bowl situation.

MikeO
I'd like nothing better, but that's the problem -- the heads of these conferences are the enemies of the fans that make up the fanbases of their member schools. I have seen nothing like it anywhere else.

Thumbs up to you for not even trying to defend last year. I would also suggest to you that you not even try to defend the year before, though.

Im not defending anything. Im just saying......the system is the system and i don't mind if there is a SPLIT NATIONAL TITLE! So, 2 teams claim to be #1.

THAT IS WHAT MAKS THIS SPORT SO SPECIAL AND BETTER THAN ANY OTHER! With a playoff, college football would blow. Can you imagine a "what if" you had a Michigan-Ohio St game next week where both teams are resting starters because they don't want anyone injured going into the College football tournament.....it would be a joke. It would ruin the sport. You would have big rival games at the end of the year where teams who would already be in the playoff would just mail it in or rest their star players. This isn't basketball........it's very different.

The controversy is what makes this sport the best. Take that away, and you lose alot.

MikeO
There you go again, disagreeing with people just for the sake of argument.

Actually if you READ I am agreeing with everyone else here. You are alone on your stance.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:15 AM
Now you can't even remember which teams you arbitrarily assigned me. :rofl3:

I couldn't possibly be a VPI (which is what Virginia Tech really is -- Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University) fan or a Cavs fan -- I have attended William & Mary and the University of Richmond. ;)
but it makes sense that you would like alabama, right?

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 12:16 AM
Actually if you READ I am agreeing with everyone else here. You are alone on your stance.

You wish. If you would have gone back and read like you said you did, you would have seen Jimmy James' posts.

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 12:18 AM
but it makes sense that you would like alabama, right?

That's a long story. Have you ever lived in Alabama? If you haven't, you probably wouldn't understand. The short version is that upon my arrival in the state at age 11, I was pretty much threatened with severe beating if I didn't choose a side. It's a lot like prison, where you have to pick a gang to protect you or all the gangs will end up beating you to death (and worse).

There is no conflict between W&M or Richmond and Alabama or WVU. Back in the day, Bowden's WVU and Holtz's W&M were big rivals, but that was a LOOOOONG time ago. It is hard for me to abandon my classmates from W&M when talking about the I-AA action, but I think I have to because I am in fact a current Richmond student and identify with the Spiders more than I ever did with the stupidly named "Tribe".

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 12:20 AM
That's a long story. Have you ever lived in Alabama? If you haven't, you probably wouldn't understand. The short version is that upon my arrival in the state at age 11, I was pretty much threatened with severe beating if I didn't choose a side. It's a lot like prison, where you have to pick a gang to protect you or all the gangs will end up beating you to death (and worse).
my dad lives in montgomery and he says people switch sides all the time. doesn't sound that threatening

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 12:21 AM
my dad lives in montgomery and he says people switch sides all the time. doesn't sound that threatening

The folks must be more hard core north of Birmingham. Seriously -- it's a scary thing in a way.

CirclingWagons
11-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Alabama gave me the same feeling as UCLA this year: it was only a matter of time. UCLA couldn't play D, Alabama became pathetic on O. Props to Alabama for reaching 9-0...unfortunately for them I believe the win against Mississippi State will be their last one this year

Wildbill3
11-13-2005, 12:34 AM
but it makes sense that you would like alabama, right?much the same way it makes sense for you to be a dolphins fan from tampa...:rolleyes:

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 01:09 AM
Alabama gave me the same feeling as UCLA this year: it was only a matter of time. UCLA couldn't play D, Alabama became pathetic on O. Props to Alabama for reaching 9-0...unfortunately for them I believe the win against Mississippi State will be their last one this year

Have you projected out who they'll be playing in a bowl? I can understand predicting a loss to Auburn even though I disagree with it, but I'm struggling with how you can be so categorical in your statement about it being the last one until I know who they're playing in their bowl.

CirclingWagons
11-13-2005, 01:38 AM
Have you projected out who they'll be playing in a bowl? I can understand predicting a loss to Auburn even though I disagree with it, but I'm struggling with how you can be so categorical in your statement about it being the last one until I know who they're playing in their bowl.
that's true...my bad there. I guess it depends on who they play, but I think it's fair to say that if they can't score they're not gonna beat any BCS quality team. a couple projections(yes, just projections) had them facing Ohio St possibly...who would you take? I have nothing against the Tide JJ, I just think their pedestrian offense is killing them

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 01:41 AM
Check out this quote from Ivan Maisel:

The Tide got stopped Saturday by a team that wouldn't embarrass itself in the BCS championship game, should USC or Texas stumble in the next three weeks. Nobody wants to play LSU right now.

Take THAT, naysayers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2222450

Jimmy James
11-13-2005, 02:02 AM
that's true...my bad there. I guess it depends on who they play, but I think it's fair to say that if they can't score they're not gonna beat any BCS quality team. a couple projections(yes, just projections) had them facing Ohio St possibly...who would you take? I have nothing against the Tide JJ, I just think their pedestrian offense is killing them

Trust me -- it's killing me, too. :(

I know where you're coming from.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 02:05 AM
Check out this quote from Ivan Maisel:

Take THAT, naysayers.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=maisel_ivan&id=2222450
they said the same of miami last week. and miami dominated a better team. so.......

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 02:11 AM
they said the same of miami last week. and miami dominated a better team. so.......

Dude, give it up. I know Miami is an awesome team. So is LSU. We are going to play each other in a BCS game. You don't have to compare them so much right now.

We will see come January.

EDIT: I'd love to see Bama play VA Tech. Va Tech is not better than Bama. Bama's D would eat Vick alive, just like Miami's did.

CirclingWagons
11-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Dude, give it up. I know Miami is an awesome team. So is LSU. We are going to play each other in a BCS game. You don't have to compare them so much right now.

We will see come January.

EDIT: I'd love to see Bama play VA Tech. Va Tech is not better than Bama. Bama's D would eat Vick alive, just like Miami's did.
and Bama "might" score a fg against Tech...you'd be hard-pressed to find a more pathetic display of offense the last 3 weeks than Bama.

I agree...no sense in arguing Miami-LSU, nobody's gonna sway anyone else's opinion.

DolphinDevil28
11-13-2005, 02:35 AM
and Bama "might" score a fg against Tech...you'd be hard-pressed to find a more pathetic display of offense the last 3 weeks than Bama.

I agree...no sense in arguing Miami-LSU, nobody's gonna sway anyone else's opinion.

It would probably end in a 0-0 tie, after 127 overtimes, the refs would say enough and the stadium would be empty. :lol:

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 03:08 AM
miami has much more speed on defense than alabama. that's how vatech lost. they couldn't keep up with the speed. alabama is a good defense, but miami is waaaay ahead of them

LSUSAINT
11-13-2005, 07:42 AM
Man that took long to read this thread.

Great win by the Tigers. Second half adjustment by Pelini was impressive.

About the whole USC thing. Who cares? We have our NC.

The potential matchup of Miami and LSU would be interesting. I think it would be close and could go either way. I don't see a large margin of victory in that matchup.