PDA

View Full Version : Merged: Brady Quinn

LIQUID24
11-13-2005, 01:51 AM
I have to admit, after the ND-USC game, I felt he was being overhyped a bit by the media, and here on Finheaven. I wasn't completely sold on him. But I've watched him closely the 3 games since then..... and he's made me a believer.

My god, he was OUTSTANDING today. Yes, it was against Navy, but these weren't easy throws to wide open receivers. He was making GREAT reads and was gunning the ball in tight spaces all day. I think I counted 8-9 "NFL type throws"....you rarely see that. Charlie Weis has done a remarkable job with this kid. He has the complete package.

I think we're all assuming (including myself) that's he's going to stay for one more year. But I'll tell you what, if he keeps playing like this, don't be surprised if he leaves. And you can't blame him....he'll be a top 10, maybe top-5 pick. If we can't get Leinart, I really hope we get Quinn.

PS: I'm not off the Hackney bandwagon....he's still my mid-round sleeper pick. :)

ether79
11-13-2005, 01:54 AM
Quinn is going to be great . His pocket presence is 2nd to none, he can make every throw, reads defenses, has great footwork, and is a real leader. nothing else I can say or need to say.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 01:57 AM
depending on who's at the top of the draft, leinart and quinn could easily go 1 and 2

ether79
11-13-2005, 02:06 AM
BTW I've watched and rewatched every ND game this year and I'll say that while Leinart is a can't miss prospect I'd rather have Quinn. The kid is going to achieve nothing but greatness,

LIQUID24
11-13-2005, 02:10 AM
I hope he comes out, the more top juniors that declare, the better it is for us. We got screwed when Leinart and D'Brickashaw stayed in school last year.

Edit: I was still real happy with Ronnie, but it decreased the value of the pick.

ether79
11-13-2005, 02:19 AM
I hope he comes out, the more top juniors that declare, the better it is for us. We got screwed when Leinart and D'Brickashaw stayed in school last year.

Edit: I was still real happy with Ronnie, but it decreased the value of the pick.

I would personally possibly trade an entire draft for Quinn, IF someone could tell me a flaw the kid has I would like to hear it.

I posted this twice..:shakeno:

MikeO
11-13-2005, 02:20 AM
I would personally possibly trade an entire draft for Quinn, IF someone could tell me a flaw the kid has I would like to hear it.

I posted this twice..:shakeno:

the only possible flaw is he won't have Weiss as his head coach in the NFL and might be stuck with someone who isn't as good as Weiss which could hurt his career

ether79
11-13-2005, 02:23 AM
the only possible flaw is he won't have Weiss as his head coach in the NFL and might be stuck with someone who isn't as good as Weiss which could hurt his career

You're right but with the right coaching this kid has no limits IMO.

EDIT: and I believe Saban would be just right for the guy.

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 03:07 AM
yeah it's usually a bad sign when a player had a good coach in college

DonShula84
11-13-2005, 04:59 AM
I like all the love Quinn is getting. Ive been rooting for this guy since his freshman year so it's nice to see others jumping on his bandwagon. I hope he stays at ND so we have a shot at the NC next year, but if we ended up w/ Quinn it'd be unbelievably cool. I could get a Quinn fin jersey to match the ND jersey I already have. If he did come out early and we didnt get him Id kick the neighbors dog and throw myself out the window though :(

MikeO
11-13-2005, 08:59 AM
yeah it's usually a bad sign when a player had a good coach in college

Well much like how Spurrier's QB's from Florida never did ****ttttttttttt in the pro's. They were products of the system. Could we see the same thing with Weiss? I don't know, but its possible

kastofsna120
11-13-2005, 01:22 PM
Well much like how Spurrier's QB's from Florida never did ****ttttttttttt in the pro's. They were products of the system. Could we see the same thing with Weiss? I don't know, but its possible
yeah except weiss runs a PRO system. if most products of his system end up like tom brady, i'll take him

ether79
11-13-2005, 01:27 PM
yeah except weiss runs a PRO system. if most products of his system end up like tom brady, i'll take him
Exactly Spurriers system was very flawed for the pro game so any QB running it in college was set up to fail in the NFL..Lets take this arguement the other way and say that if people would be products of Weiss' system then look at Brady without him...he's doing the same thing he did with him.

finfansince72
11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

K-train
11-27-2005, 12:27 AM
is he just throwing those up for grabs or is his arm weak? I havent been able to watch too much of him. Everyone seems to want to draft this guy so Im giving him the benefit of the doubt. Those longballs are downright pathetic, he is literally throwing 10yds behind the Wrs because they are a foot taller than the Cbs. This isnt going to even come close to working in the NFL. Those throws are ints in the NFL.

He doesn't do it all the time. The NFL has alot more bigger receivers.

ether79
11-27-2005, 12:29 AM

No he is just doing that because he knows his WRs will go and get it. Arm strength is not a problem with Quinn. Sometimes he rips, it sometimes he lofts it. He is great with ball placement.

saves
11-27-2005, 01:04 AM

I saw what you saw and thought the same thing. I was kinda dissapointed with him. I mean Stanford dosn't play the best defense, but they had him throwing right into their coverage on those 2 INT's and those deep balls were only completed because the CB's didn't expect the ball to be so damn underthrown. I'm beggining to think it is more Weis getting him in the best position to win ball games than Quinn doing it on his own.

hunter5nc1
11-27-2005, 08:31 AM
I've watched almost every game he's played at ND. And I don't no what was going on last night but, he usualy doesn't have that problem. He has a great arm and hopefully he will show it off in the BCS bowl game!

Thanks,
Mikefan22! ;)

LostInPatsLand
12-02-2005, 02:31 AM
Straight from the Charlie Weis Press Conference (Dec. 1):

Q. I read this morning stories about Brady Quinn may be going pro, and I know that he's repeatedly said that he's staying. What's your thought about these things come out and what's your thought about the reality of that happening?

COACH Charlie Weis: We've already talked, so I have an unfair advantage here (laughter). I talk to all these kids, and if he says he's coming back, there's a reason why he's coming back. Brady is not the type of person that's going to sit there and tell you he's coming back and then not come back. Obviously you have to understand what happens at this time. What happens at this time is you have NFL agents that try to get to these kids and their families to try to encourage them to come out early so that they can make money, and that's the bottom line. That's what this is all about.

Okay, now what kid wouldn't be impressionable when somebody says, hey, you're going to be a first round draft choice and you're going to make millions of dollars? Well, my feeling is you're going to make a lot more millions of dollars one more season, and if a guy wants to go out early, as long as he's graduated from Notre Dame I'll support it. The only time that I have a little problem with these guys going out and wanting to leave here before they're eligibility was done would be if they hadn't graduated yet. Getting a Notre Dame degree is part of the package when you come here. What they don't realize is if you leave here without one, you'll probably never go back and get one. The odds say you won't.

Lucci
12-07-2005, 12:31 AM
Do u think brady quinn is entering the draft or not? i mean i hope he does so the dolphins could get a chance to draft him

Alex44
12-07-2005, 12:34 AM
Do u think brady quinn is entering the draft or not? i mean i hope he does so the dolphins could get a chance to draft him

I dont think he is

but I think Vince Young is

If Quinn Does Id take him or young, whoever falls farther

If quinn doesnt enter id trade down and make sure I got young

Lucci
12-07-2005, 12:36 AM
yea i think brady quinn is gonna stay one more year so he can try to go for the hiesmen

Alex44
12-07-2005, 12:37 AM
yea i think brady quinn is gonna stay one more year so he can try to go for the hiesmen

I say Vince Young comes out but only if he wins the national championship game

Quinn Might stay to see if he can somehow win a title next year, and he will go higher in next years draft

The one guy I do really like for us is

Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green

71 TD's and 11 Interceptions, great stats on a poor team

Lucci
12-07-2005, 12:40 AM
I say Vince Young comes out but only if he wins the national championship game

Quinn Might stay to see if he can somehow win a title next year, and he will go higher in next years draft

The one guy I do really like for us is

Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green

71 TD's and 11 Interceptions, great stats on a poor team

yea those r good stats

but y would vince young stay for another year, theres no point

Alex44
12-07-2005, 12:45 AM
yea those r good stats

but y would vince young stay for another year, theres no point

If he doesnt win a national Title he will probally stay because he wants one really bad, also he could be a #1 or at least top 5 pick next years draft

DonShula84
12-07-2005, 12:55 AM
Quinn will stay in school

Alex44
12-07-2005, 12:57 AM
Quinn will stay in school

Most Likley

but

Vince Young also said that earlier and its becoming more apparant he's coming out, so its still possible

Nappy Roots
12-07-2005, 02:30 AM
young needs to stay in school. hes a HUGE project as a QB in the NFL right now.

dominizzo
12-07-2005, 03:13 AM
young needs to stay in school. hes a HUGE project as a QB in the NFL right now.

If he wins hes declaring

kizzaboo
12-08-2005, 01:04 AM
if he declares and if we are not in position to draft him, do you move up? If the organization is high on him and really feel he would be our best bet to grab our QB of the future I say yes.. even if that includes another 1st.

Blitz
12-08-2005, 01:34 AM
I'd give up our 2006 and 2007 first-round picks to get him...

rothshunger
12-08-2005, 01:39 AM
depends on who we trade with the jets would try to rape us on that one

kastofsna120
12-08-2005, 04:04 AM
if we couldn't get leinart, i'd trade up to whoever is in position to draft quinn

DeathStar
12-08-2005, 04:48 AM
I'd give up our 2006 and 2007 first-round picks to get him...

i would too.

probably would take 2006 1st round pick, 2007 first round pick, 2006/2007 3 or 4th round pick.

dominizzo
12-08-2005, 05:21 AM
if we couldn't get leinart, i'd trade up to whoever is in position to draft quinn

Quinn fits Miami O better

kizzaboo
12-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I say a this years first next years first and a 4th the next.

Oboy
12-08-2005, 02:13 PM
wow... I am not so sure we would need to spend that much. There are very few teams ahead of us (in the draft - thus worse than us) that really need a QB. If Quinn comes out, then there will be three really good Qb's out there. I would bet ONE of them would fall to us. -The third being Cutler... I personally would be happy with any of the three.

kastofsna120
12-08-2005, 02:14 PM
Quinn fits Miami O better
probably, but whatever

Agent51
12-08-2005, 02:47 PM
probably, but whatever

Not "probably, but whatever". If he fits the system better he is the better QB for us, hell, he is a better QB than Leinart period, not even taking into consideration our system. This is why your posts hold no validity, because you just sit there and say "wahtever" or "because I say so" or think that no matter what you are right, yet you never present facts or examples to back it up, it's alway "if you don't agree you are wrong" even though I have seen many people call you out and prove you wrong before, and mysteriously you never have nything else to say in that topic when you are proven wrong.

kastofsna120
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Not "probably, but whatever". If he fits the system better he is the better QB for us, hell, he is a better QB than Leinart period, not even taking into consideration our system. This is why your posts hold no validity, because you just sit there and say "wahtever" or "because I say so" or think that no matter what you are right, yet you never present facts or examples to back it up, it's alway "if you don't agree you are wrong" even though I have seen many people call you out and prove you wrong before, and mysteriously you never have nything else to say in that topic when you are proven wrong.
:lol: what are you talking about? i like quinn. i'll take him over anyone (except leinart). the "whatever" comment was that i don't really care if he fits the system better than leinart, i'll take both. i always admit when i'm wrong (which is pretty rare), and i certainly don't stop talking in a thread because i am wrong

Agent51
12-08-2005, 04:45 PM
:lol: what are you talking about? i like quinn. i'll take him over anyone (except leinart). the "whatever" comment was that i don't really care if he fits the system better than leinart, i'll take both. i always admit when i'm wrong (which is pretty rare), and i certainly don't stop talking in a thread because i am wrong

It just makes NO sense, you would take Leinart over Quinn, even though Quinn fits better, because you LIKE him better? If that were the case then I'd have the whole Texas Longhorns team be the Dolphins, since they are my favorite team. I know that can't happen, mainly because that would be so outrageously insane, lol, but also because all the players on Texas aren't the best at their positions. I want what's best for the Dolphins. If that player happens to be a Longhorn then of course that makes me very happy, but if not, that's ok too because I know we got the better player. The Quinn case would work out for me if we get him because he is my current favorite college QB AND I think he is the best, lol. Still, in most cases we shouldn';t want a player because we like him better, we should want a player that will best help the team.

Alex44
12-08-2005, 04:46 PM
if he declares and if we are not in position to draft him, do you move up? If the organization is high on him and really feel he would be our best bet to grab our QB of the future I say yes.. even if that includes another 1st.

No because Vince Young is available, and you trade up to get young if you have to

Agent51
12-08-2005, 04:47 PM
No because Vince Young is available, and you trade up to get young if you have to

I would trade up for Quinn before Young. I'd also be willing to give up MORE for Quinn than I would Young

LostInPatsLand
We've given up too many first round picks in the past five years. The last thing we need to do is give up another, even if Quinn is the second coming of Tom Brady. There are other means of getting a fine QB.

Alex44
It just makes NO sense, you would take Leinart over Quinn, even though Quinn fits better, because you LIKE him better? If that were the case then I'd have the whole Texas Longhorns team be the Dolphins, since they are my favorite team. I know that can't happen, mainly because that would be so outrageously insane, lol, but also because all the players on Texas aren't the best at their positions. I want what's best for the Dolphins. If that player happens to be a Longhorn then of course that makes me very happy, but if not, that's ok too because I know we got the better player. The Quinn case would work out for me if we get him because he is my current favorite college QB AND I think he is the best, lol. Still, in most cases we shouldn';t want a player because we like him better, we should want a player that will best help the team.

Yes we should want a player that is best to help the team

even if we all dont agree on who that guy is we can all agree we want the guy that will make us a contender in the future

sadduccees
12-08-2005, 09:26 PM
I think Vince Young is a bust in the NFL. I think he is a good quarterback in a very weak Big 12, but I don't think any team should waste a first round pick on him.

kizzaboo
12-08-2005, 09:42 PM
We've given up too many first round picks in the past five years. The last thing we need to do is give up another, even if Quinn is the second coming of Tom Brady. There are other means of getting a fine QB.

If we knew for a fact that he would be the next Tom Brady you trade up. Youre basicly saying you would rather have an extra 1st and a 4th rather than 3 rings in 4 years. Makes no sense to say that.

LostInPatsLand
12-09-2005, 12:56 AM
If we knew for a fact that he would be the next Tom Brady you trade up. Youre basicly saying you would rather have an extra 1st and a 4th rather than 3 rings in 4 years. Makes no sense to say that.

First of all, there were 21 other starters on the team, not to mention great coaches and special teams players, that brought 3 rings to the Patriots in 4 years. Look at the Patriots now. Players are hurt, coaches have left, and the Patriots are not a very good team anymore, even with Brady.

Secondly, if Quinn left, he's a top 5 pick probably. We're picking 13 right now. I think we'd need more than a 1st and a 4th to get him. If the game was called, "Quarterback," I'd be all for it. This is football. We need a decent number of hits on draft day to get our team back.

Again, a great QB doesn't mean the team will be great. To make my point, Dan Marino never did win a superbowl, and in my opinion, he's the greatest QB ever.

Finally, I admit the most important thing to rebuild our franchise is to get a great QB. I'm just saying there other ways to do it than to bankrupt our bank of draft picks.

acmeanvil49
12-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Why trade up for any QB when it's been proven that just as many 5th round QB picks make it in the NFL as starters as 1st rounders?

kastofsna120
12-09-2005, 05:09 AM
Why trade up for any QB when it's been proven that just as many 5th round QB picks make it in the NFL as starters as 1st rounders?
how many of them are worth a damn though? not many

Oboy
12-09-2005, 09:21 AM
First of all, there were 21 other starters on the team, not to mention great coaches and special teams players, that brought 3 rings to the Patriots in 4 years. Look at the Patriots now. Players are hurt, coaches have left, and the Patriots are not a very good team anymore, even with Brady.

Secondly, if Quinn left, he's a top 5 pick probably. We're picking 13 right now. I think we'd need more than a 1st and a 4th to get him. If the game was called, "Quarterback," I'd be all for it. This is football. We need a decent number of hits on draft day to get our team back.

Again, a great QB doesn't mean the team will be great. To make my point, Dan Marino never did win a superbowl, and in my opinion, he's the greatest QB ever.

Finally, I admit the most important thing to rebuild our franchise is to get a great QB. I'm just saying there other ways to do it than to bankrupt our bank of draft picks.

BING BING BING...

There are a few really good QB's. I keep thinking one of the big three will slide down to us. I would prefer Quinn, but depending on the cost to move up to draft him... May not be worth it. We have more than ONE hole. I think this year's rookies shows what Saban can do with draft picks. I say don't take away too many from him.

Prime
12-28-2005, 10:38 PM
NCAA | Quinn will return to Notre Dame
Wed, 28 Dec 2005 18:21:15 -0800

Tom Coyne, of the Associated Press, reports Notre Dame QB Brady Quinn will return to Notre Dame for his senior season.

Damn. That sucks.

DonShula84
12-28-2005, 10:45 PM
No real surprise but Im happy

:party: :mdfin: :dance: :banana:

kastofsna120
12-28-2005, 11:05 PM
****breaking news*****

dominizzo
12-29-2005, 01:37 AM
woooow BRady listened to fat man Weis

Caps
12-29-2005, 10:44 AM
OK, so now we're dependant on Vince Young coming out. Not so we can pick him, just to bump Cutler down to us.

duss12
12-29-2005, 01:27 PM
OK, so now we're dependant on Vince Young coming out. Not so we can pick him, just to bump Cutler down to us.

vince yound is going to declare no way in hell he goes back next year he wont be in front of brady quinn might as well keep the3 shot vs leinart and cutler

vt_dolfan
12-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Brady Quinn will return to Notre Dame as expected...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/sioncampus/12/29/truthandrumors/index.html

ether79
12-30-2005, 01:36 PM
Brady Quinn will return to Notre Dame as expected...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/sioncampus/12/29/truthandrumors/index.html

Yeah it was expected and there is the National Title for ND.......imo

dominizzo
12-30-2005, 03:51 PM
FAt MAn weiss brainwashed him for sure

ckparrothead
12-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Good, no more speculation. He should stay. He's not quite a #1 this draft, but could be in the next draft.

kastofsna120
12-30-2005, 04:57 PM
he'd be the 3rd or 4th pick in this year's draft. guess he wants to go higher next year

nyjunc
12-30-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm not saying he won't stay but I wouldn't be surprised if he made that announcement just to avoid having to answer the question all week. things change quick and until the deadline passes I don't believe anything these guys say.

DonShula84
12-30-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah it was expected and there is the National Title for ND.......imo

Oh God I hope so :pray:

SweepeR
12-30-2005, 11:09 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=rotowire-otreameradyuinnlanst&prov=rotowire&type=lgns

Bagga-Viagra
12-30-2005, 11:24 PM
He wants another year under Weis and the Heismann that will come with it. C
an't say I blame him.

feelthepain
12-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I think that we've all known that all along. Thanks for the link.

FinAtic8480
01-02-2006, 05:29 PM
Brady QUinn will be playing in a few and I think if the Irish win this game he declares,I dont see him staying this year and remember the dolphins have been scouting him since midseason.

KB21
01-02-2006, 05:33 PM
He's not declaring. He's already said that he's not declaring, because he wants the opportunity to come back and compete for a national championship as well as being the odds on favorite to be the #1 overall pick next year.

DolphinDevil28
01-02-2006, 05:35 PM
God what I would give for the Dolphins to get Quinn. :shakeno:

ether79
01-02-2006, 05:40 PM
God what I would give for the Dolphins to get Quinn. :shakeno:

I already stated my position............

Freeki_phin
01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
All I can say about this kid is that he already looks like a Miami Dolphin so Marinoesque.
I hope somewhere somehow down the line we get this kid under center. Just heard him in an interview snippet talking about what he has been able to accomplish and recognize being a QB for Weis, and they just scored on Ohio.

Nappy Roots
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
yea, sucks hes auditioning for another team for next year.

JPenedo
01-02-2006, 06:11 PM
Boy does he have an arm. He almost got "the shark" on the first play and that was a perfect pass. I rly like him. He isnt declaring tho, rgiht?

MDFINFAN
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
He looked good the first drive, especially when you score a TD on it..let's watch some more..but with Wise as the coach, I will enjoy the maturity and know how coming from a program with that coach.

SCall13
01-02-2006, 06:12 PM
He ought to declare. He is a hot commodity right now. Besides, if he waits until next year, our chances of getting him go down even more.

Freeki_phin
01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
Boy does he have an arm. He almost got "the shark" on the first play and that was a perfect pass. I rly like him. He isnt declaring tho, rgiht?
Oh and the shark will be a nice pick up also for any team that gets him when he declares. Very talented wide reciever, he will make an impression in the NFL.
Brady still yet to state whether he will declare or not.

SCall13
01-02-2006, 06:15 PM
It's funny Quinn was BORN the year Marino smashed all of the single season records. Hopefully it's an omen. =)

Freeki_phin
01-02-2006, 06:31 PM
It's funny Quinn was BORN the year Marino smashed all of the single season records. Hopefully it's an omen. =)
Interesting discovery, I hope the omen plays out in our favor. Also just listening to the commentators and all the praises that come from them and from Weis about the kid Quinn.

17-0
01-02-2006, 06:51 PM
His sister's hot.

Majpain
01-03-2006, 01:42 AM
I heard he is staying for his Senior year?My question is do dolphins risk it and try to snag him next year?

Ricas_000
01-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Anything could happen

dominizzo
01-03-2006, 02:38 AM
he lost in the bowl game

saves
01-03-2006, 02:43 AM
IMO you should never "wait' for a player in the draft. Address the qb with the players who are avaliable to us. Who know what happens to Quinn in year. If he proves himself enough to be a good prospect he should be way out of our reach anyway.

Majpain
01-03-2006, 03:32 AM
I thought he was coming out.This was news to me this mourning.

K-Ram
01-03-2006, 06:17 PM
Does anyone think we will pass on a QB this season and really persue Quinn next year? I really think he should be the future of this team anyone else agree?

meeshmosh
01-03-2006, 06:29 PM
If Quinn continues to progress as he has been he'll be a top 5 or at the very least 10 pick next year. Personally I don't want to have such a high pick...I'm more in favor of the playoffs next year!

wazzy
01-03-2006, 06:35 PM
My prediction is Quinn will repeat his season from this year and be the #1 pick if the team needs a QB if not he will be the first QB taken in that darft!

K-Ram
01-03-2006, 06:39 PM
Then I hope we really suck next year. I care that we have a playoff team but with Frerotte at QB I don't see us winning a SuperBowl

Noodle Arm
01-03-2006, 06:45 PM
Then I hope we really suck next year.

Sir, you're going to have to turn over you Phins Fan License...it's just been revoked. :shakeno:

albyfinfan
01-03-2006, 08:55 PM
Then I hope we really suck next year.

:shakeno: pathetic

kastofsna120
01-03-2006, 08:58 PM
we're going to have to REALLY suck to get him at #1 overall

Regan21286
01-03-2006, 09:08 PM
Does anyone think we will pass on a QB this season and really persue Quinn next year? I really think he should be the future of this team anyone else agree?

I don't think we can get a shot at Quinn next year unless we really implode or Quinn morphs into AJ Feeley next season. I wouldn't want that to happen.

scottieUK
01-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted but can anyone tell me if Quinn is entering the draft?

ether79
01-10-2006, 01:27 PM
No, he will defintely stay in school.

scottieUK
01-10-2006, 01:29 PM
That`s a shame. I think he`s a talented qb. Thanks for letting me know mate.

miabrown23
01-10-2006, 01:41 PM
the deadline is january 15 though people have said he staying in school will know for sure on the 15th

sports24/7
01-10-2006, 01:51 PM
He hasn't made an official statement, but it looks like he is coming back. I still have my fingers crossed though.

Killer_Dolphins
01-10-2006, 01:57 PM
The draft would look much better for us if he did declare. More options.

BennyVW
01-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I think this draft is really deep, he could be a top 20 pick next year...

Spicy Henne
01-10-2006, 02:05 PM

I'd say right now he's the favourite to go first overall next year.

ether79
01-10-2006, 02:08 PM

He's easily a top 20 pick this year and possibly top 3 next year.

duss12
01-10-2006, 02:20 PM
He his not declaring this year Weis will tell him not too...

I dunno if he should but I know that next year he will be the top pick pending a few things (injuries...) Notre dame should be fighting for a national championship

Majpain
01-10-2006, 02:20 PM
He stays for next years draft he will be the first pick.

BlueFin
01-10-2006, 02:31 PM
I'd say right now he's the favourite to go first overall next year.

Maybe so, but if he gets hurt, or if he has a bad year, he could cost himself millions. I would say hes a top 20 guy this year.

It will not surprise me if he changes his mind in the next few days, if the rookie wage scale gets put into place for 2007, he will lose a lot of money in the front end of his career by staying in college for 2006.

PassRush
01-10-2006, 02:37 PM
Maybe so, but if he gets hurt, or if he has a bad year, he could cost himself millions. I would say hes a top 20 guy this year.

It will not surprise me if he changes his mind in the next few days, if the rookie wage scale gets put into place for 2007, he will lose a lot of money in the front end of his career by staying in college for 2006.

Top 20? I would be astonished if he made it past 10. I would take him ahead of Linehart or Young in half a second

NaboCane
01-10-2006, 02:39 PM
***All Members Please Read - Forum Changes!***
Hello Everyone!

Because the staff at FinHeaven is always looking for better ways to organize, and streamline the site, we've decided to re-structure a portion of it.
You'll notice that what was once the College| Draft Forum has now been split.
We've renamed the original forum to simply "College Football" and created a new forum called "Draft Forum". We are now in the process of moving threads around so that they are in the appropriate forums.
We've also created a new sub-forum within the General NFL forum, called "Free Agents".
We ask that you keep these forums in mind when posting, as we'd like to continue keeping the main Dolphins forum uncluttered, and pertaining to the current Dolphins team.

When posting, please keep these guidelines in mind:

Miami Dolphins - Please keeps threads related to current Dolphins players/staff etc here

College Football - Please keep threads related to current college teams/players/games here

Draft Forum - Please keep mock drafts/draft wish lists/potential draft picks, etc in here.

Free Agents - Please keep discussions about potential free agents here.

We realize that this may mean an adjustment for everyone, but we feel that in the long run it will make things easier for all of us. Not only will it make it "cleaner" and uncluttered in the main forum, but it will also make it easier to find the FA discussions, mock drafts etc...

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact the Staff either by PM or by posting in the Questions and Comments forum.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated cooperation, and we look forward to an active offseason of improving our Dolphins through free agency and the draft, and an exciting 2006 football season!

WharfRat

dlockz
01-10-2006, 02:41 PM
He stays for next years draft he will be the first pick.

No guarantees, Notre Dame may have a rough year or maybe Quinn has a Marino like college year that was considered a regression. John Walsh was considered a lock to go top 10 and the following year was drafted 7th round by cinncy. The combine and workouts do alot to change guys that are graded high one year and then drop once scrutinized. I remember an article about whether Tyrone Wheatly or Walsh would go first overall then the following season that discussion was over.

DeathStar
01-10-2006, 03:01 PM

id say number one overall next year.

Mile High Fin
01-16-2006, 03:01 PM
I've read a few times lately that Saban may wait to draft Quinn in 2007 to be our "franchise QB".

Stop dreaming....

1) Quinn will more likely be a Top 5 pick in 2007. He'll be out of reach for us (ala Leinart/Young this year).

2) Speculation that we'll stockpile draft picks in order to "move up" to get Quinn is ludicrous. First, we have numerous needs now for those draft picks; Second, Saban's philosophy (and Mueller's) doesn't equate with trading LOTS of valuable draft picks to move into the Top 5. Third, it's too speculative (even with the draft picks to move up, you have to have a willing trading partner, not a guarantee).

So please :pray:, stop referring to Quinn as a "realistic" option for our long-term QB needs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

feelthepain
01-16-2006, 03:04 PM
I agree completely.

Winbaby#23
01-16-2006, 03:08 PM
I've read a few times lately that Saban may wait to draft Quinn in 2007 to be our "franchise QB".

Stop dreaming....

1) Quinn will more likely be a Top 5 pick in 2007. He'll be out of reach for us (ala Leinart/Young this year).

2) Speculation that we'll stockpile draft picks in order to "move up" to get Quinn is ludicrous. First, we have numerous needs now for those draft picks; Second, Saban's philosophy (and Mueller's) doesn't equate with trading LOTS of valuable draft picks to move into the Top 5. Third, it's too speculative (even with the draft picks to move up, you have to have a willing trading partner, not a guarantee).

So please :pray:, stop referring to Quinn as a "realistic" option for our long-term QB needs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)

TotoreMexico
01-16-2006, 03:19 PM

Stop dreaming....

So please :pray:, stop referring to Quinn as a "realistic" option for our long-term QB needs. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:yeahthat:

DUB
01-16-2006, 03:20 PM
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)

Good Thinking!

nick1
01-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Jay Cutler is our future QB even if we have to trade up a little to get him, he is a can't miss QB

Pocoloco
01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
Jay Cutler is our future QB even if we have to trade up a little to get him, he is a can't miss QB

It's looking that way. We're a 10+ win team from now on, leaping into the top 5 to pick up Quinn next year is simply unrealistic.

GatorsFins23
01-16-2006, 03:27 PM

No such thing as a "can't miss" QB, but I do agree about wanting Cutler, I feel like he's gonna turn out to be a really good one.

PassRush
01-16-2006, 03:38 PM
Yes, I am gay for Brady Quinn but I refuse to not call him a realistic option. For all we know in the first game at Notre Dame he tears his ACL or something and drops to the middle of the first. It has happend before. What if he has an awfull game then turns around and lays an egg in the senior bowl? So manny things can happen, it is way too early to call him out of reach.

Dors156
01-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I agree completely.

same

Dolphins=LIFE
01-16-2006, 03:55 PM
The Fins could get him. They'd have to sell the farm to do it, and that'll never happen. But they COULD.

Dolphin North
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
I agree totally .. also we will have our franchise qb when we draft Darryl Hackney in the third round.;)
I don't follow college (wife would divorce me if I watch any more ball!). So I don't know him, but I agree something like that will happen. Nick will mine us a gem that is less known than Leinhart, Young, Quinn, etc., if we don't get Cutler.

Danny
01-16-2006, 04:48 PM
I like Cutler but there's no such thing as a sure thing in football kid.....I know you're only 17 so I'll be nice.....nothing's for sure in life and that includes football.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Danny
01-16-2006, 04:49 PM
So a 6'1 QB is our future? well, anything's posible I guess but I'm not holding my breath that he's the answer.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Pocoloco
01-16-2006, 04:54 PM
Yes, I am gay for Brady Quinn but I refuse to not call him a realistic option. For all we know in the first game at Notre Dame he tears his ACL or something and drops to the middle of the first. It has happend before. What if he has an awfull game then turns around and lays an egg in the senior bowl? So manny things can happen, it is way too early to call him out of reach.

I'm happy you're gay for Brady, but the guy is a top 5 pick barring injury. Banking on a torn ACL or a bad year is not a good draft strategy.

tay0365
01-16-2006, 04:57 PM
It's looking that way. We're a 10+ win team from now on, leaping into the top 5 to pick up Quinn next year is simply unrealistic.

I agree, and even though there may have to be a little bit of waiting for Cutler to be ready, he could be a very good QB for us.

BigDogsHunt
01-16-2006, 05:24 PM

Wow, HYPE amazes even me sometimes.!!!!!!

caneaddict
01-16-2006, 06:44 PM
Wow, HYPE amazes even me sometimes.!!!!!!

Yeah that "Cutler is a can't miss" line really made me chuckle. The last truly can't miss QB was Elway.

The only way Quinn becomes a real possibility is if Saban falls in love THIS YEAR with a guy who he knows won't get drafted until the 2nd round. He would have to have someone as the absolute highest rated player available on his board when we pick, yet know that he will fall (maybe Cromartie, Carpenter, Jean-Gilles?), but Saban doesn't think the guy will make it to our pick in the 2nd. If that happens he could trade down and say give up our 1st for someone's early 2nd and their 1st next year. That's the only way we have a realistic shot.

And it's extremely unlikely that the highest rated guy on Saban's board when the draft gets to us is someone that all the other teams don't value enough to take in the 1st.

So, no we probably can't get Quinn.

OneHondo
01-16-2006, 06:50 PM
I like Cutler too, not crazy about him and will not say he is a lock to be a good or even great starter yet! Brady Quinn looks to be a great quarterback, but he wouldn't be the first to have a less than spectacular follow up season, look at what happened to Dan Marino at Pitt in his senior season. Marino fell all the way to the 27th pick in the draft, I believe it was and the rest is history. If Quinn has another season like this year he will be a good bet to be a #1 pick and someone will trade up for him. So he will be gone long before the Dolphins pick

fins5423
01-16-2006, 08:50 PM
Dude we have to have Brady Quinn..........so we can see his hot sister

SHWING!

fins5423
01-16-2006, 09:03 PM
http://virginiasports.collegesports.com/sports/w-soccer/mtt/quinn_kelly00.html

check out Brady Quinns hot sister

Ill take some more pictures of her tonight for yall.

If AJ Hawk found out, i would hate to hurt that little fellow.......i think i could take him, hes a pretty small guy

wagz
01-16-2006, 09:53 PM
next year we will be picking at the bottom of the draft the only way it could happen is if next year we trade our 1st rounder and a player to move up in the draft, its not entirely impossible.