PDA

View Full Version : Huge Mistake!!

miadphan13
12-05-2001, 02:17 PM
I made a HUGE mistake on my predictions for this upcoming week. :o I stated that I didn't think the Bills could beat the Patriots this week. Well, the Bills ARE playing the Panthers.

Panthers (1-11) vs Bills (1-10)

I guess I will keep my prediction that the Bills will still lose. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, as you guys may already know, the Patriots are playing in Foxboro this Sunday.

Patriots (7-5) vs Browns (6-5)

The Browns pretty much got smoked by the Titans last week and the Patriots barely beat the Jets.

What do you guys think? Could we have another awesome weekend???

Jets lose to the Steelers
Pats lose to the Browns
Fins beat the Colts
AND
Raiders lose to the Chiefs!!! :lol: :lol: Okay, okay!! :lol:

phinsphan4ever
12-05-2001, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by miadphan13
I made a HUGE mistake on my predictions for this upcoming week. :o I stated that I didn't think the Bills could beat the Patriots this week. Well, the the Bills ARE playing the Panthers.

Panthers (1-11) vs Bills (1-10)

I guess I will keep my prediction that the Bills will still lose. :lol: :lol:

Anyway, as you guys may already know, the Patriots are playing in Foxboro this Sunday.

Patriots (7-5) vs Browns (6-5)

The Browns pretty much got smoked by the Titans last week and the Patriots barely beat the Jets.

What do you guys think? Could we have another awesome weekend???

Jets lose to the Steelers
Pats lose to the Browns
Fins beat the Colts
AND
Raiders lose to the Chiefs!!! :lol: :lol: Okay, okay!! :lol:

:cool: I hope you'll be dead on with those predictions! It would be a beautiful thing.:rolleyes:

Jaydog57
12-05-2001, 02:30 PM
Ok, ok, I'll talk football once, cause this a football board.:lol:

Yeah I think Carolina will lose yet again, further closing Seiferts career in Charlotte.
Pats in the Dog pound? It'll be tough but I think they can pull it out. (I wanna get smoked out by a titan:lol: )

Please God let the Jets lose to the Steelers or hell, anybody for that matter.

Raiders and Chiefs, hmmmm that's the only one I'm concerned about. Raidaz' will be extra pissed after losing to the Cards last week, and the Chiefs are a BIG rival of theirs, especially with Gannon being an ex-Chief. I'll leave that one up to Yoda.:cool:
Rock on top jimmy!:cool:

Flyin11
12-05-2001, 02:49 PM
I think the Browns might take care of NE...I think Sterling Sharpe said it best last Sunday night..."The Browns just had a bad day but the Browns are for real this year...That D is for real"

iceblizzard69
12-05-2001, 08:15 PM
That Bills/Panthers game is gonna be BORING!

miadphan13
12-05-2001, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
That Bills/Panthers game is gonna be BORING!

As our Orlando Sentinel sportswriter Jerry Greene likes to say: "It will be the Gang Greene game of the year" :sleep:

Phinmaster1354
12-06-2001, 11:49 PM
GO STEELERS!!!

SMadison29
12-06-2001, 11:52 PM
Are all of you people CLUELESS(except phinmaster)?? WE NEED THE JETS TO WIN!!

inFINSible
12-07-2001, 07:45 AM
It looks to me like phinmaster is clueless also.
GO STEELERS!!!
I like all your selections 13 except that we all have to lobotomize ourselves and become Jet fans for the weekend.

GO JETS!!!(ugh, I feel sick!)

sugarcane
12-07-2001, 07:52 AM
pretend that the Jets are Miami's minor league team for the week and the go back to........................

I hate the effing Jets...........:)

dolfan87
12-07-2001, 11:07 AM
I know it helps us with the home field thing, but I really want the Jets to lose. Our main goal should be winning the division we are in, and if the Jets win, they are only a half game out of first place. If we lose just one more, and they win out...they get the title.

So GO STEELERS, and let's hope for a Pitts. loss to someone else.

dolphan39
12-07-2001, 11:37 AM
I need to much mroe clear cut reason to route for the Jets than 1 game in the AFC standings. If the most hated team in all of sports history was 3 games back, then C Martin w/b my favorite player. :eek: :D

dolfan87
12-07-2001, 12:17 PM
exactly

Flyin11
12-07-2001, 12:36 PM
Go Steelers!!!! :cool: We can root for the Steelers to lose another game later...Jets need to lose :evil: That way they won't be close enough to take the Div ;)

miadphan13
12-07-2001, 01:47 PM
I am sure the Ravens will beat the Steelers next week!

Steelers remaining schedule:

@ Baltimore - LOSE (last game: Ravens 13- Steelers 10)

Detroit - Wouldn't it be funny if they finally won and against the Steelers! :lol: - WIN

@ Cincinnati - WIN (last game: Steelers 16-Bengals 7)

Cleveland - BIG RIVAL - Could LOSE or WIN (last game: Steelers 15-Browns 12 OT)

GO STEELERS!!

iceblizzard69
12-07-2001, 05:19 PM
We want the Steelers to win. If the Jets lose, they will be 2 games behind us, and if we win, we will still be in line for a bye week in the playoffs.:)

Phinmaster1354
12-07-2001, 07:32 PM
Let's just hope the PHINS take care of their OWN business and avoid their ANNUAL DECEMBER collapse! Then they won't have to back into the playoffs and wish for other teams to lose, like the last couple years! Those two upcoming road games concern me(PATSIES and 49ers) and the STEELERS and RAIDAAAZZZZ have easy remaining schedules!Add in Manning and the boys, the COLTS will show up ready to play!!But as for this week, you have to root for the STEELERS! Take care of your business in the DIVISION first!!! Especially since the JETS beat the Phins twice and hold all the tiebreakers!! GO PHINS!!!!!!
#13 FOREVER!!!!!

inFINSible
12-08-2001, 09:08 AM
If we want homefield advantage throughout the playoffs then we have to have a better record than the Steelers, which means that they have to lose another game. Looking at their remaining schedule it would seem like this is their toughest game.
The Jets are a game back, there is nothing THEY can do to catch the Dolphins. The only way the Jets can put a claim on first place is for the phins to give it to them.
Winning this division means nothing without homefield advantage throughout the playoffs. A jets victory puts Miami in control of their own destiny. The Jets will still be a game back and Miami will have homefield in the palm of their hand. Isn't that what we want?

Dolfan984
12-08-2001, 01:46 PM
We only need to tie the Steelers, we have tie breakers over them. We would have only lost 2 games in the AFC to their 3.

inFINSible
12-08-2001, 02:51 PM
....and with a Jets victory we will have acheived that.

Dolfan984
12-08-2001, 02:54 PM
I'm neutral, :P

iceblizzard69
12-08-2001, 05:41 PM
I wanna see the Steelers beat the Jets because if we beat the Colts, we will have more security of winning the division and we will still be in line for a first round bye.

dolphan39
12-08-2001, 05:46 PM
[list=1]
Win the division
then hope for the bye
[/list=1]

if we win out, we do not need to care about anything because at 13-3 or even 12-4 you know we are good enough to go all the way. A 11-5 or worse, you know not to tape the 2nd round playoff game.

dolfan06
12-08-2001, 07:30 PM
they always talk about the fins late season slump, man, have you seen the jets record in december? it is really pathetic! :rolleyes:

inFINSible
12-09-2001, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by dolphan39
[list=1]
Win the division
then hope for the bye
[/list=1]

if we win out, we do not need to care about anything because at 13-3 or even 12-4 you know we are good enough to go all the way. A 11-5 or worse, you know not to tape the 2nd round playoff game.

Does any body see my point? Why should we have to HOPE for a bye, with a Jets victory THIS week, we have everything we want.
We control it all!

I guess what some people are trying to say without actually saying it, is, we don't want to be in control of our own destiny at this point because we have no faith in being able to hold on to the prize over the next 5 games?
Why would you want to put off your goals when they are so readily attainable? Look at the rest of the steelers schedule, who do you think they are going to lose to after the Jets game? @ Baltimore? Maybe, but the bus will probably be back for that game. That's the toughest game they have left and it is very winnable.
So let's throw OUR fate into the hands of Detroit, Cinncinnatti, and Cleveland.

Have I said enough?

inFINSible
12-09-2001, 09:44 AM
BTW, I see your point.....We want to worry about the division first and a Jets loss gives us a bigger cushion. I understand that. I just don't like to think that way. The fact is, if the Jets win, we have ALL of our goals locked up. period!
In typical addictive behavior, Iwant what I want when I want it and I want it NOW!:p :lol:

iceblizzard69
12-09-2001, 11:44 AM
But we are second in the AFC right now, since we have a tiebreaker over Oakland, so with a Jets loss we will have a huge suchion in our division but still control our own destiny to having a bye week.

inFINSible
12-09-2001, 05:18 PM
Second, also means, we go TO Pittsburg for the AFC Championship game.....

iceblizzard69
12-09-2001, 05:54 PM
What if Pittsburgh loses in the second round? Then some team might be coming to us.:)

dolfan06
12-09-2001, 09:25 PM
do you realize they have now lost 14 of 15 games to the steelers, talk about domination! :D :eek: