PDA

View Full Version : Madden Curse

305 LoCaL VoCaL
11-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I KNOW ITS NOT ABOUT THE PHINS BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THIS OBSERVATION....THE MADDEN CURSE LIVES ON WITH MCNAB HAVING ARGUEBLY THUS FAR HIS WORSE SEASON, HOPEFULLY NO FIN WILL BE ON THE COVER NEXT YEAR. :rolleyes:

ronin
11-16-2005, 10:34 PM
yup

SarahAnn
11-17-2005, 08:53 AM
I KNOW ITS NOT ABOUT THE PHINS BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE THIS OBSERVATION....THE MADDEN CURSE LIVES ON WITH MCNAB HAVING ARGUEBLY THUS FAR HIS WORSE SEASON, HOPEFULLY NO FIN WILL BE ON THE COVER NEXT YEAR. :rolleyes:

Stick Gus on it :rofl3:

Buddwalk
11-17-2005, 08:58 AM
Stick Gus on it :rofl3:

Actually thats not a bad solution...maybe its reverse for gus instead of playing like gus he plays like the usual mcnabb :lol:

mor911
11-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Think your shift key is broken :lol:

Predaphin
11-17-2005, 12:56 PM
You know what's mind boggling....is that why do the players continue to put themsleves on the madden cover???

You;d figure they'd learn their lesson by now....Like McNabb for example, either he is stupid or just didn't beileve in such thing as the Madden curse

UltraDol-Fan
11-17-2005, 01:17 PM
maybe it's all covers, Ricky was on the cover of NFL Street

Agent51
11-17-2005, 01:21 PM
I printed out and use the altered cover with Jason Taylor on it, and look what happened, he has a foot problem and isn't 100%.........maybe we should all make a cover with Tom Brady on it so the pats don't win another game then we can work back into 1st place.

mor911
11-17-2005, 01:39 PM
You know what's mind boggling....is that why do the players continue to put themsleves on the madden cover???

You;d figure they'd learn their lesson by now....Like McNabb for example, either he is stupid or just didn't beileve in such thing as the Madden curse
Or McNabb's agent decided that whatever EA pays for front cover royalties was worth more than that curse. :D

byroan
11-17-2005, 01:45 PM
maybe it's all covers, Ricky was on the cover of NFL Street

Wasn't Manning on some cover? I think it was NFL fever. Look how he's doing.

UltraDol-Fan
11-17-2005, 03:50 PM

good point, nevermind

Agent51
11-17-2005, 03:53 PM

Yeah, it was Fever. In fact, he was on 3 Fever covers, 2002, '03, and '04. Of course Manning's success doesn't dispute the myth, since the myth is the Madden curse. NFL street could go either way, it's not Madden but it IS an EA title. But both guys on that cover (Shockey and Williams) have had problems. Wasn't Marino on a cover once? I could have SWORN I saw him on the cover of some football game, I just can't remember which.

spydertl79
11-20-2005, 10:36 PM
If they go old school and put Madden on it he will probably die. I say they stick Tom Brady on the cover although it will probably be Manning or Steve Smith.

darkmistress
11-20-2005, 10:58 PM

McNabb had a really bad start a couple of seasons ago...he was averaging something like -3 points per game on my FF team (now that's terrible)... I ended up having to replace him with Flutie who was filling in in place of a blustery Brees...so I'm not sure whether it's the curse on this occasion or just McNabb lol

AquaInferno
11-22-2005, 05:16 PM

Ray Lewis didn't have a bad season last year and he was on the cover. He was the first to survive a Madden cover. The worst curse bite had to be Vick's :lol: I couldn't believe it when I heard how bad he went down and I just knew it was Madden curse. Vick even went on that year to say "I wish the best of luck to the next guy" Madden has talked about the curse. Soon I think they'll go back to the days of just putting John on the cover. But I tihnk they'll try 1 more defensive player to see if that guy avoids the cuse. The Madden curse is no big secret anymore.

Dolfan984
11-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Ray Lewis didn't have a bad season last year and he was on the cover. He was the first to survive a Madden cover. The worst curse bite had to be Vick's :lol: I couldn't believe it when I heard how bad he went down and I just knew it was Madden curse. Vick even went on that year to say "I wish the best of luck to the next guy" Madden has talked about the curse. Soon I think they'll go back to the days of just putting John on the cover. But I tihnk they'll try 1 more defensive player to see if that guy avoids the cuse. The Madden curse is no big secret anymore.

Ray had the worst season of his career last year.

byroan
11-22-2005, 05:55 PM

He didn't survive the curse. He missed the last game of the season against us. He got 0 INT's last year, he's had at least one every year including 6 the year before.

Mr772
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
McNabb out for the rest of the season after being hurt for most of the year already.

dominizzo
11-22-2005, 06:00 PM
McNabb out for the rest of the season after being hurt for most of the year already.

i do not get it??

ch19079
11-22-2005, 06:01 PM
what did you expect. Madden is evil. they killed my 2K series.

TO was on the 2K5 game.

Mcganiel
11-22-2005, 06:04 PM
i do not get it??

Who ever is on the cover has a season ending injury.

Mr772
Every year the player on the cover of the Madden NFL Football game from EA sports gets hurt or has a terrible season. Examples from the past: Ray Lewis was on the cover the year he got hurt, same for Mike Vick, and Marshall Faulk.

Hence the Madden Curse.

DBoston80
Man I heard Ronnie Brown was slated as next years cover boy!!!!!

Just kidding but why not stick Brady on the cover!:evil: :evil:

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Who ever is on the cover has a season ending injury.

hey, you stold my avatar! :mad:

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 06:13 PM
Well, you figure...

Barry Sanders (retired/quit)
Eddie George (Injured & never was the same)
Marshall Faulk (Injured & never was the same)
Daunte Culpepper (Injured & never was the same)
Michael Vick (Injured)
Ray Lewis (worst performance of his career and now injured)
and now.....
Donovan McNabb (injured out for season)

Who's next?

:eek:

DBoston80
11-22-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, you figure...

Barry Sanders (retired/quit)
Eddie George (Injured & never was the same)
Marshall Faulk (Injured & never was the same)
Michael Vick (Injured)
Ray Lewis (worst performance of his career and now injured)
and now.....
Donovan McNabb (injured out for season)

Dont forget Culpepper

ether79
11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
hey, you stold my avatar! :mad:

I know I keep thinking he is you.

JAcK o D1AmonDs
11-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Well this is the last year for Madden Football, Sega and Ea are joining to make NFL 2007

kastofsna120
11-22-2005, 06:18 PM
i'm guessing tomlinson will be on next year's cover. watch out fantasy guys!

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 06:22 PM
I know I keep thinking he is you.

heck, you thought you had it bad, ....I kept thinking he was me!

:shakeno:

ether79
11-22-2005, 06:23 PM
heck, i kept thinking he was me :mad:
:chuckle: Gotta hate avatar stealers..especially an avatar that was made for you.

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Dont forget Culpepper

That's right, how could I forget culppeper

ether79
11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Well this is the last year for Madden Football, Sega and Ea are joining to make NFL 2007
No sega isn't..Its EA and ESPN.

DolphinzD
11-22-2005, 06:25 PM
Just kidding but why not stick Brady on the cover!:evil: :evil:

Why would they do that? Wouldn't that mean the Patriots would be getting some respect? Everyone should know by now that the Patriots never get any respect. Just listen to Rodney Harrison, or anyone else on that team.

AquaInferno
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
He didn't survive the curse. He missed the last game of the season against us. He got 0 INT's last year, he's had at least one every year including 6 the year before.

OK next time I'm gonna be specific, stats wise I didn't really care about. I meant more along the lines of injury, EVERY other guy got hurt that was on the cover. I think broken bones are worse than not getting an INT 1 year.