PDA

View Full Version : I played the 360 today

Slappy8800
11-17-2005, 07:24 PM
at target...a few points

saw the NBA 2K6 trailer in person....not impressed, looks like a reg xbox game..wheres as EA's graphics are stunning. same with NHL 2K6

played Call of Duty 2.....wow..just wow....incredible. The graphics are smooth and incredible. Need For Speed's grpahics are stunning as well.

the system itself...controller, wired, was very light and the move of the white and black buttons to the top of the controller took about 2 seconds to learn. They had the white system, not the chrome finished one but it was very sleek looking and very small/slim.

I am counting downm the days till I pick mine up.

Miami 13
11-17-2005, 07:28 PM
I played it at EB Games at the mall near me like a week ago and wasn't impressed very much. I played CoD on it. PS3 will Pwn!

Agent51
11-17-2005, 07:37 PM
I played it at EB Games at the mall near me like a week ago and wasn't impressed very much. I played CoD on it. PS3 will Pwn!

Nor was I. I mean, yea, the graphics are better, but basically unless you have HDTV you won't fully benifit from them. I DO have HDTV but I'm not getting a 360 til AFTER PS3, because I think PS3 will be a MUCH much better system. I always liked the PS2 thousands of times more than the XBox, even though it was the weaker system, so I can't wait to see the PS3, which is MORE powerful than the 360. I think the only reason I ever picked up and XBox in the first place was for Transworld Surf and Halo and the fact that you can save games to the HD and don't need to keep buying memory cards. If Halo didn't exist I would have never owned an XBox. I'm not a huge gamer, mostly NCAA/Madden (which I REFUSE to play on the XBox because I HATE the controls) and other sports games and "action" sports games (tony hawks etc), a few racers here and there, GTA of course, and the occasional FPS. None of the XBox exclusive titled interested me that much aside from TRansworld Surf (which later came out for the PS2 anyway and with much easier controls and an extra level too) and Halo so like I said, had they not existed I would have never owned an XBox.

Slappy8800
11-17-2005, 07:51 PM
well which games you play is the only factor in buying a system isnt it? there is not 1 PS game that i play that doesnt come out for xbox..plus the online service is better...but you people complain about only HD people will benefit form the 360....whos to say the PS3 wont be the same?

i will probably be getting a PS3 as well and a revolution i am totally getting!

Slappy8800
11-17-2005, 07:52 PM
and when u say u werent impressed...what do u mean? what were u expecting?

JL25
11-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Yeah, a guy at work said he played the 360 at walmart and said the graphics looked pretty good. I'm gonna go check it out. Can't wait to get mine. It doesn't matter to me which system will be better cuz I'm getting both the 360 and PS3. Can't wait.

Agent51
11-17-2005, 09:02 PM
well which games you play is the only factor in buying a system isnt it? there is not 1 PS game that i play that doesnt come out for xbox..plus the online service is better...but you people complain about only HD people will benefit form the 360....whos to say the PS3 wont be the same?

i will probably be getting a PS3 as well and a revolution i am totally getting!

Im not complaining about only HD people getting the best graphics, I HAVE HD, lol. IDK why I wasn't impressed, I just wasn't. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, but IDK, I just expected a little more after all the hype, I can't explain it. Maybe cuz it was just the demos and I didn't get to use the full system to its capabilities and mess around with everything it has or what, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

As far as Microsoft having the better online, what makes it better? PS2 has online too and its FREE. What makes XBox Live so great? (not meant to be rude or anything, just asking, I don't have XBox Live, nor have I ever used it). I have used my PS2 online and it is fine. You go on, find an opponent and play. Why would I want to pay for that on XBox when I can do it for free on PS?

Amars
11-17-2005, 10:58 PM
The graphic look great. I like it though I didnt play any games just went through the demos. Very sharp looking but Ill wait till PS3 comes out so the bidding war begins.

ohall
11-17-2005, 11:30 PM
Nor was I. I mean, yea, the graphics are better, but basically unless you have HDTV you won't fully benifit from them. I DO have HDTV but I'm not getting a 360 til AFTER PS3, because I think PS3 will be a MUCH much better system. I always liked the PS2 thousands of times more than the XBox, even though it was the weaker system, so I can't wait to see the PS3, which is MORE powerful than the 360. I think the only reason I ever picked up and XBox in the first place was for Transworld Surf and Halo and the fact that you can save games to the HD and don't need to keep buying memory cards. If Halo didn't exist I would have never owned an XBox. I'm not a huge gamer, mostly NCAA/Madden (which I REFUSE to play on the XBox because I HATE the controls) and other sports games and "action" sports games (tony hawks etc), a few racers here and there, GTA of course, and the occasional FPS. None of the XBox exclusive titled interested me that much aside from TRansworld Surf (which later came out for the PS2 anyway and with much easier controls and an extra level too) and Halo so like I said, had they not existed I would have never owned an XBox.

Man you guys are going to have a LONG WAIT!

Wildbill3
11-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I thought the racing game at walmart was pretty nice looking, but the King Kong game was completely unimpressive. Without AA and AL (computer stuff) the jaggles make the otherwise nice graphics very distracting. I don't care if the xbox is supposed to be more powerful than my best computer, (amd 64 3000, 1 gig ram and x800xt AIW) if they can't make software that looks good as well as fun, I won't find a need to buy one.

Agent51
11-18-2005, 12:14 PM
Man you guys are going to have a LONG WAIT!

yea, but I don't really want the 360 so it doesn't effect me, lol.

Pagan
11-18-2005, 12:32 PM
It's kinda funny seeing people complaining that you need and HD TV to get the full effect of the 360's graphics. What do you think, the PS3 will have some kind of magic chip that will make normal TV's look like plasmas? You'll need the same thing for the PS3.

UltraDol-Fan
11-18-2005, 01:54 PM
I've never played PS2 online, but what I like about XBox live is matchmaking in Halo. It makes it super easy to find a game and also, Xbox live since you have to pay for it means Microsoft can ban you for cheating.

Predaphin
11-18-2005, 04:02 PM
yea, but I don't really want the 360 so it doesn't effect me, lol.

I'm thinking like you....I figure i could survive playing my PS2 (mostly Madden Online) until the PS3 comes out...I'm a PS2 fan and never bought the XBOX (hate it due to it's controls)...The New Xbox seems to have adjusted their controls, but it's still similar...

I haven't played the 360, but I must admit that the hype of buying one just gets me pumped up to buy one

UCFinfan86
11-19-2005, 04:28 PM
i was watching the trailers for games at IGN.com and i wanst very impressed

NBA Live the players move weird, graphics are nice but the gameplays seems weird

NBA 2k6 graphics look exactly the same

Madden looked good but they took out individual defensive audible and owner mode? i thoguht this game had more power not less

Need for Speed looked pretty good

AngryDolphins
11-20-2005, 02:24 PM
cant wait for the 360...2 days!

Cartman64
11-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Ps3 will suck

Miami 13
11-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Ps3 will suck
Well it will be better than the 360. 360 comes out in a couple days and IMO there is barely any hype for it at all, it will flop.

unifiedtheory
11-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Ps3 will suck

PS3 will have more power...it will be a better machine then 360.

darkmistress
11-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Well it will be better than the 360. 360 comes out in a couple days and IMO there is barely any hype for it at all, it will flop.

Disagree completely PS2 was the first of the current gen consoles to come out it was overly expensive (in comparrison to what it costs now) and not overly impressive yet it was the best seller for a very long time... Xbox and nintendo had to do a hell of a lot to compete and make up the lost ground despite being better machines... that included special price deals and a contoller overhaul (for xbox - thank goodness). The same thing will happen but with xbox this time... people like getting new things and being the first to... And, as mentioned in another thread, "waiting sucks"... I also saw last month that eb online (US) had already sold out of pre-order consoles... I don't believe I have ever seen that before.

Who needs HYPE when you've already sold out?

Caps
11-20-2005, 11:22 PM
I really don't know who's buying all those 360's, I'm not, and none of my friends(who aren't PS fanboys) are either. There is ZERO word of mouth going around about it where I live, nothing like the PS2 launch where it was selling like hotcakes to everyone and their mother.

darkmistress
11-20-2005, 11:46 PM
I really don't know who's buying all those 360's, I'm not, and none of my friends(who aren't PS fanboys) are either. There is ZERO word of mouth going around about it where I live, nothing like the PS2 launch where it was selling like hotcakes to everyone and their mother.

Has the 360 launched yet? If they've already sold out of the first shipmens in some stores or there has been a delay due to excessive demand that sounds like a pretty hot cake to me... then again maybe it's a ploy on Microsofts part to get free publicity on how good their machine is and the great demand there is for it...

JPhinfan86
11-21-2005, 03:38 AM
At Rhino Videogames we have a 'play station' for an XBOX 360 that kids literally fight over. I've messed with it a few times. We have a demo for Call of Duty 2, Peter Jackson's King Kong and Kameo Elements of Power. It has a saaa-weet plasma screen attached to it. Beautiful graphics on a high def, perfect clarity screen. :up:

JPhinfan86
11-21-2005, 03:42 AM
Has the 360 launched yet?
NOVEMBER 22ND is the mark. :up: We're having a 20% on all XBOX 360 games and accessories only on the day of the launch. I looked at the graphics on the back of the Madden 2006 box for 360 it's insanely amazing...we then opened up the XBOX 360 case cover popped Madden in (the demo wasn't registering so we tried a brand spanking new game to see what the prob was...the demo disc was dirty so we cleaned, prob solved) and I almost started crying....its is insanely insane. We didn't play at all, we just let the demo run. Madden may become worth playing, if the 360 has remedied the running mechanics I've been so perturbed about. I didn't watch the demo for that long so I didn't get a very good idea.

BTW - A very very handy tip: To clean disc-games use NON-WAX Pledge. Spray the Pledge into the air then move the disc under the path so the Pledge very lightly lands on the data-side of the disc. Then use a non-abrasive cloth to wipe the disc off (we sell a certain type just for disc cleaning). The Pledge first of all doesn't damage the disc but it also fills in some of the smaller scratches making reading it a bit easier. MAKE ABSOLUTE SURE YOU'RE USING NON-WAX PLEDGE. Its says in a small indicator only on the back of the can whether it's a non-wax formula or not. :up:

To clean cartridge games use 70% ISOPROPYL alchohol. Dip a Q-Tip into the alcohol then run the Q-Tip in the game cartridge...this is a fantastic way to clean the games and even the consoles. To cleans the consoles this way, soak a Q-Tip, get the inside of a GAME CARTIDGE wet enough then slide the game in and out of the console....this clean actual console out very effectively. Just make sure the game and console are both dry enough before turning the power on (nothing bad will happen otherwise, but to be safe). 70% ISOPROPYL alcohol dries up so fast because of its properties you won't have to wait all that long.

Miami 13
11-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Yeah I remeber when the PS2 was about to come out, it was mayhem eveyone was getting one that's all anyone talked about. I haven't heard one person talk about getting the XBox 360. The PS3's power will kill the 360's.
I saw a commercial for Madden on 360 and I wasn't impressed at all. Looked like Madden on regular XBox, very dissapointing.

mor911
11-21-2005, 10:16 AM
C'mon guys. Listen to what you're saying. The 360 will flop? Seriously. The 360 is just about sold out anywhere that's taking pre-orders. The Mor isn't getting one, but let's be for real. Microsoft will not let this thing flop... Not to mention it has no straight up competition for what looks like the next year. The PS3 will be great... And frankly I hope the 360 will be just as great. We need them all to be great so that they both try and put out top notch software... Yes people, competition is good. Hoping the 360 flops will not make the PS3 better... Only worse in my opinion.

Here's some things to read:

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2146380/uk-xmas-xbox-360-availability

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2146368/xbox-pre-sale-slows-webstore

Remember, competition is good. The better Miscrosoft does with the 360, the better Sony will have to step it up. The Mor will get a 360 when Oblivion is released. For those guys waiting for Sony, you've got a good thing coming. For those guys getting a 360, I hope you have a great week :D

:mor911:

Motion
11-21-2005, 10:21 AM
360 is not gonna flop, but....

PS3>360

FinsNCanes
11-21-2005, 12:39 PM
Im not complaining about only HD people getting the best graphics, I HAVE HD, lol. IDK why I wasn't impressed, I just wasn't. Don't get me wrong, the graphics are great, but IDK, I just expected a little more after all the hype, I can't explain it. Maybe cuz it was just the demos and I didn't get to use the full system to its capabilities and mess around with everything it has or what, but it just wasn't what I was expecting.

As far as Microsoft having the better online, what makes it better? PS2 has online too and its FREE. What makes XBox Live so great? (not meant to be rude or anything, just asking, I don't have XBox Live, nor have I ever used it). I have used my PS2 online and it is fine. You go on, find an opponent and play. Why would I want to pay for that on XBox when I can do it for free on PS?

XBOX actually updates their servers with patches and stuff. Ever play SOCOM? Yeah..enough said ;)

I liked SOCOM too.

FinsNCanes
11-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Just so you know kiddies gameplay pwns graphics. Sony has always had the better games and now will have the better graphics. Bye XBOX (although watch me end up buying one anyway).

JPhinfan86
11-21-2005, 12:57 PM
BARELY ANY HYPE?! Where the he// have you been?! :shakeno: It's the ENTIRE buzz in our stores right now....it's freakin' huge. :lol:

mor911
11-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Ok, The Mor will give his take on the 360.

The Mor played the 360 demo disc at BestBuy this weekend... In a little more depth than my first experience at EB games. The Mor will simply give his take on each of the playable games on the demo disc.

Kameo -- Bleh. Dull looking action platformer. 3D platformer's are played out in my honest opinion... But someone loves them because developers keep making them. The game looks ok, and is definit;e NOT jaw dropping.

Call of Duty -- Meh... Again a dull experience. The Mor had high hopes for this game. Barely looked any better than it's Xbox counter part. Definitely not gonna sell systems.

King Kong -- Wow. This is the first 360 game to make the Mor realize that this thing has power. This game is beautiful. The Mor honestly didn't realize that he was not in a cut-scene anymore. Absolutely stunning graphics. The t-rex is almost as good looking as the t-rex in Jurassic Park (The Mor is serious, this game look awesome!). The only problem is... This game will not sell units. It's eye candy... Although it's great to look at, the Mor can hardly see this being a killer app.

Overall -- Project Gotham or Perfect Dark Zero better be amazing (graphically and gameplay wise), because if not people will have to wait for Oblivion for a killer app.

:mor911:

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-21-2005, 01:30 PM
To paraphrase Yoda:

"Begun this Fanboy War Has."

:lol:

I've never seen the level of hype the PS2 launch had, but MS has EVERY Xbox 360 sold that they can make this Holiday season. If that keeps up, they will have a HUGE lead over the PS3.

Add in the fact that the 360 library will have hundreds of games by late next year, a price drop, and it will do very well.

The systems will be much closer in graphic power than Sony wants you to know about, and developers will be on second and third generation games for the 360 so they will be getting more out of the machine as they understand how to use it better.

It will be a dogfight between Sony and MS, and the competition is good for us gamers.

BTW, if Sony stays with that boomerang controller? I don't want ONE word of complaint about the 360 controller, which feels pretty comfy and much better with black and white buttons replaced by the bumpers above the triggers. :D

mor911
11-21-2005, 01:35 PM
To paraphrase Yoda:

"Begun this Fanboy War Has."

:lol:

I've never seen the level of hype the PS2 launch had, but MS has EVERY Xbox 360 sold that they can make this Holiday season. If that keeps up, they will have a HUGE lead over the PS3.

Add in the fact that the 360 library will have hundreds of games by late next year, a price drop, and it will do very well.

The systems will be much closer in graphic power than Sony wants you to know about, and developers will be on second and third generation games for the 360 so they will be getting more out of the machine as they understand how to use it better.

It will be a dogfight between Sony and MS, and the competition is good for us gamers.

BTW, if Sony stays with that boomerang controller? I don't want ONE word of complaint about the 360 controller, which feels pretty comfy and much better with black and white buttons replaced by the bumpers above the triggers. :D
Great post man! :D

You'r absolutely correct, and The Mor forgot to comment on the controller. This is just a thought (becuase I've never played the thing for a solid 3-4 hours) but the 360 controller seems to be the best gamepad The Mor has ever held. Love it!

Motion
11-21-2005, 01:49 PM
XBOX actually updates their servers with patches and stuff. Ever play SOCOM? Yeah..enough said ;)

I liked SOCOM too.

Socom updates with patches too. Not sure where your going with that comment.

Miami 13
11-21-2005, 03:33 PM
BARELY ANY HYPE?! Where the he// have you been?! :shakeno: It's the ENTIRE buzz in our stores right now....it's freakin' huge. :lol:
Well I'm in High School where it should be very popular and it's not, nobody is talking about it. Meh I don't care I wouldn't blow my money on it.

Pagan
11-21-2005, 04:09 PM
Is anyone else sick of the expression "meh"?

Jesus, when I hear that lately I want to bite someone's face....:lol:

Pagan
11-21-2005, 04:10 PM
It's sold out across the boards. Can't exactly consider that a "flop".

darkmistress
11-21-2005, 05:43 PM
Just so you know kiddies gameplay pwns graphics. Sony has always had the better games and now will have the better graphics. Bye XBOX (although watch me end up buying one anyway).

They must not have released any of those "better games" over here because I haven't seen any exclusive PS2 games that made me consider getting one...

In short though, I'll probably end up with all three consoles, but as of now the PS3 will come last as it has no unique games to tempt me - yet ;)

Wildbill3
11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
I noticed Kong is a Pc and Xbox 360 game, I am real curious as to the graphical differences between them...

Joe Flipper
12-12-2005, 12:54 AM
WELL XBOX 360 WAS A FLOP.......:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

ARE U KIDDING ME.....:lol:

XBOX 360 KICKS SONY ARSE AGAIN :tongue: