PDA

View Full Version : Like Beckett & Lowel To Rangers?

NJFINSFAN1
11-19-2005, 08:53 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/11/19/beckett.trade.report/index.html

Muck
11-19-2005, 09:42 PM
ESPN says Boston is also a big player.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2229919

miamikid92
11-20-2005, 01:44 AM
why beckett that is ridiculous hes one of my favorite players what would be the point of that? :cry:

RWhitney014
11-20-2005, 02:10 AM
They need to trade Lowell. They need to keep Beckett. I'd trade Lowell, Mota, Pierre, and Delgado before Beckett. He's something special. But it doesn't look good.

FaninPatsyLand
11-20-2005, 02:14 AM
They need to trade Lowell. They need to keep Beckett. I'd trade Lowell, Mota, Pierre, and Delgado before Beckett. He's something special. But it doesn't look good.

I love Beckett, but if we go ahead and trade Jon Lester.. I'm gonna be pissed.

You just don't go and trade young lefties like him.

Ferretsquig
11-20-2005, 09:57 AM
Beckett is a big tease....the perfect player to dangle out there as trade bait. They should of done this last year, when his stock was higher. Hes just not consistant, either health wise or performance wise.

NorthFloridaFin
11-20-2005, 10:22 AM
Yeah, I would try to get what I could out of Beckett now while you could get a little back for him. He obviuosly can't be counted on to last a whole season.

RWhitney014
11-20-2005, 12:59 PM
Beckett is a big tease....the perfect player to dangle out there as trade bait. They should of done this last year, when his stock was higher. Hes just not consistant, either health wise or performance wise.

He's actually pretty consistent performance-wise, but people forget he's only 24. He's still got some growing up to do. Health is an issue, no doubt, but the Marlins would be giving up one hell of a pitcher.

Ferretsquig
11-20-2005, 01:28 PM
He's actually pretty consistent performance-wise, but people forget he's only 24. He's still got some growing up to do. Health is an issue, no doubt, but the Marlins would be giving up one hell of a pitcher.

Time will tell. But he is inconsistant. He goes from being dominant to pedestrian far too often. Sometimes its blaimed on his various injuries, but I think its just what he is. The rangers will give a good young hitter and a top prospect for a salary headache and a pitcher who gives you 17 starts a year. Thats 10-15 wins...I know they are desperate for pitching...but sounds a bit lopsided to me.

SMadison29
11-20-2005, 10:56 PM
Insider says the deal with Texas is almost complete. Beckett & Lowell for Blalock & Danks. That would give Florida a left handed power bat & allow them to move Delgado for a couple pitchers.

PressCoverage
11-21-2005, 08:52 AM
i dunno... as Beckett showed in 2003, he's an "it" pitcher when healthy... you just don't trade away dominant aces like this at age 24.... i know he has blister problems, but i feel this is a trade the Marlins will regret for years as we watch Beckett in all-star games and postseasons for another team...

Darth Saban
11-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Why bother keeping ole' Blisters? He cant stay healthy for more than half a season and is one of the most over rated pitchers in the league. If i were the Marlins i trade him because some team would be dumb enough to give up something meaningful for him.

FinsNYanksFan13
11-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Beckett is a good pitcher and I would take a chance on him. With that said though, Texas is a terrible pitchers ballpark and if Beckett can make it happen in Arlington then he really is the pitcher he was in the 2003 playoffs!

dob72
11-21-2005, 02:45 PM
from what i read there just gonna trade hank once they get him

phunwin
11-21-2005, 05:11 PM
The Marlins held their first fire sale immediately after winning the 97 Series. At least this time they had the decency to wait a couple years.

Personally, if I was a Marlins fan, I'd be furious right now. All the talk about how they were going to be major players in the free agent market and at first they backed it up by signing Delgado last year. Now they're going to sell the whole team off and start over. Again. This franchise is a joke.

RWhitney014
11-21-2005, 05:35 PM
The Marlins held their first fire sale immediately after winning the 97 Series. At least this time they had the decency to wait a couple years.

Personally, if I was a Marlins fan, I'd be furious right now. All the talk about how they were going to be major players in the free agent market and at first they backed it up by signing Delgado last year. Now they're going to sell the whole team off and start over. Again. This franchise is a joke.

First of all, let's hold off this stuff until after they actually make the trades. A report (thankfully) came today in the Herald saying that we need to be blown away to make the deal, so at the very least they're not going to settle for a deal involving Josh Beckett that is not commensurate.

But this is the fans' fault. Loria has done everything from signing marquee players to winning a fricken World Series, and the fans still won't come until mid-September/October unless it's all Mets/Phillies/Braves/Cubs fans. And that, in turn, tells legislation they don't need to build a stadium, and so on. I love the Marlins, you all know that, and will be devastated if they are no more. But it's our fault.

dob72
11-22-2005, 02:59 AM
First of all, let's hold off this stuff until after they actually make the trades. A report (thankfully) came today in the Herald saying that we need to be blown away to make the deal, so at the very least they're not going to settle for a deal involving Josh Beckett that is not commensurate.

But this is the fans' fault. Loria has done everything from signing marquee players to winning a fricken World Series, and the fans still won't come until mid-September/October unless it's all Mets/Phillies/Braves/Cubs fans. And that, in turn, tells legislation they don't need to build a stadium, and so on. I love the Marlins, you all know that, and will be devastated if they are no more. But it's our fault.
so true i mean he's done eveything he can do i just don't think florida can have a baseball team just today all the florida yankee fans where calling up this sport show and gloating they where gonna move when most of the sports fans here are fans of other teams it just ain't gonna work