PDA

View Full Version : Best finish to a Madden game ever!

HugeFinFan
11-21-2005, 04:40 PM
Wow, my adrenaline is still pumping after this game!

Ok, on to the game. I'm the Dolphins and this kid is the Vikings. We both got a headset and talk for the whole game (some smack of course ;))

Ok so the game start out sloppy, after I few punts I'm finally able to put a FG on the board making 3-0. Next drive Culpepper throws a bullet to Koren Robinson on a slant for a TD (Reggie Howard beat :yell: ). Making the score 7-3 Vikings.

I put together a nice drive capped off with a 20 yard run by Ronnie Brown. Making the score 10-7. This ended the half.

The second half there is a lot of bad plays and interception, leading to no points.
This kid ended up with the ball at my own 4 yard line after a big return by Moore. 1st and goal, I stuff the run 3 times (Keith Traylor stuffed Culpepper on 3rd and inches) Making it 4th and inches with about 3:00 minutes left in the game (he's down 10-7). He decides to go for it, he throws an out pattern to Tugan the TE and JASON TAYLOR makes a great play knocking the ball down!

My ball at the 1 yard line. I put together a decent series and eventually punt the ball with around 1 minute left. He drives down the field to around my 35 yard line. Next play with 40 seconds left he scrambles to the right with culpepper, JT chasing him, Culpepper get hit while throwing and throws a wobbler PICKED OFF by Zach Thomas!!! 1st down with 34 seconds. He only has 2 TO's remaining, so I'm just going to run the ball and win the game RIGHT? WRONG. Ronnie Brown hand off up the middle, McKinney gets Owned by Kevin Williams, he get a clean shot on Ronnie and DRILLS him! ROnnie FUMBLES recovered by Vikings.

So It's 10-7 he has the ball with 20 seconds. I'm thinking i'm still ok just can't give up a TD. Next play he throws into tight coverage on a slant to Troy Williamson(sp) for a TD. Danggg I couldn't believe it. This puts him up 14-10, a devastating turn of events. The kid is going nuts by the way, rubbing it in.

He kicks off the welker who fair catches it in the endzone. So I have 15 seconds to go 80 yards for a TD, I do have 3 TO's left so It's possible. First play I throw to Heath Evans on an out pattern, picking up 15 and getting out of bounds. This left 10 seconds. Next play I run a deep post to Boston, big catch and gain! downed at midfeild. 5 Seconds remaining. Seeing his coverage is lose I run a slant to Booker for about 10 Yards and call a TO with 2 seconds.

It's time for one last play. I go trips right with Randy, Booker, and CHambers in that order. With randy running a post and Booker and CC streaking. I throw a Bomb to CC, the ball sails high, and falls into a PACK OF VIKINGS( There must have been 5-6 around the ball) I have control of CC I Go up for the ball and it's batted down. BUT WAIT FLAG DOWN ON THE FIELD!!!!! PASS INTERFERENCE ON DARREN SHARPER!!!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSS!! 0 seconds remaining down 4 I have 1 last shot on the 1 yard Line.

This is where it gets GOOD. I decide to run Off tackle to the right with RONNIE. He is stuffing the middle of the line So i'm very confident it will work, I playmaker the play so It's to the left instead of right. HIKE, THE HANDOFF DOESNT WORK, somehow ROnnie did not get the Handoff!!!!!! SO i have GUS FREROTTE RUNNING THE BALL to the left ( LIKE A SWEEP LOL). At this point it's all HEART AND GUTS. Heath Evans Pancakes a defender and GUS FRERROTE Gets tackled INTO THE ENDZONE!!!!!!! GAMEOVERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!1 UNbelievable finish I starting laughing so hard... the kid was in complete dismantle!!!!! hahaaaaa best game i've ever played :D :D :rofl3:

Let me know what you think of this game, and lemme hear your best Madden game. :)

mor911
11-21-2005, 04:44 PM
Awesome game dude! We need some of that in real life. Way to show that dumb kid :D

HugeFinFan
11-21-2005, 04:45 PM
Haha Just the fact that GUS FREROTTE ran the ball in on a Botched snap really made this game great.

Firesole
11-21-2005, 05:26 PM
LMAO thats great.

Funny story, I was playing against the PC last night in franchise mode and trounced Oakland (our next opponent). Reggie Howard had 4 ints including the game winner in the final secs for a TD. Afterwards I clicked on the EAradio thingy and they had Tony Bruno talking about Oakland and "I don't know why they continued to throw in Reggie Howard's direction. What were they thinking?"

:rofl3:

HugeFinFan
11-21-2005, 05:47 PM
LMAO thats great.

Funny story, I was playing against the PC last night in franchise mode and trounced Oakland (our next opponent). Reggie Howard had 4 ints including the game winner in the final secs for a TD. Afterwards I clicked on the EAradio thingy and they had Tony Bruno talking about Oakland and "I don't know why they continued to throw in Reggie Howard's direction. What were they thinking?"

:rofl3:
:rofl: :rofl3: Talk about unrealistic!

spydertl79
11-21-2005, 08:32 PM
My best game was with madden 2003.
I took the 49ers and pounded some kid 49-27 or something like that. The best part is that he was calling me a p**** for running the clock out so I did a play action pass to T.O. and scored another TD just to rub it in. Nothing like making one of those e-thugs eat their own words....

Amars
11-21-2005, 09:30 PM
funny stuff