PDA

View Full Version : Who's Buying King Kong game?

SCall13
11-21-2005, 10:03 PM
Just wanted to see what the general consensus is on the new Kong game. Who's buying it, who isn't, who don't even play games...

Also curious as to what platform you'll be playing it on...

dolphinfan2k5
11-21-2005, 10:06 PM
King Kong: Steven Jackson's official game of the movie? :lol: I laughed pretty hard when they said that in the commercial.

RAS25
11-21-2005, 10:07 PM
ill probably rent it its not one of those games that just grabs me and i go out and buy...but it still looks cool and ill rent it and if i like it then ill buy it...oh and xbox

darkmistress
11-21-2005, 10:09 PM
not a big fan of movie to game titles... especially when they follow the movie storyline...

HugeFinFan
11-21-2005, 11:04 PM
The game does look pretty cool, But i'd only play it on the 360 to get the full effect.

mor911
11-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Game's graphics look great on the 360, but after playing it for a while... Not a great game. Looks don't make a game.

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
I played the demo on the PS2 and I must say the fighting scenes were very impressive, but that's as good as the game got....

The camera view is as bad as as I've ever seen in a game....the controls will have to take ALOT of getting use to....

My rating between a 1-10, i give the game a 4.5...

and I won;t be buying it.....I suggest you wait for the price to come down on this one, or better yet, wait till one is returned at your local EBgames, because their will be plenty of used ones in stock, wait and see.

phinpunk14
11-22-2005, 09:03 PM
Stay Away From Movie Games!!!

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 09:03 PM
not a big fan of movie to game titles... especially when they follow the movie storyline...

HA HA same here, it's like you already know what's going to happen at the end.

Timmy54
11-22-2005, 11:37 PM
movie games usually are horrible.

SCall13
11-26-2005, 08:05 AM
I bought the King Kong game, and honestly, it's really cool. Fast paced. The levels aren't ridiculously long. Some levels are more complicated than others (obviously) but none are so difficult that you want to beat your head against the wall. The graphics are outstanding and the realism really gets you into the game. There are some tense moments in the game. For anyone who is absolutely NOT buying it, I would recommend renting it. You'll enjoy.

RunningBackGuru
11-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Nah, im not too intested in this game. It has nice graphics though:D

JPhinfan86
11-29-2005, 03:02 AM
I like the mechanics in the 360 version. Just a few sweet tips me and my boss and assistant manager have figured out in our trips on the demo: 1.) MY FIND: At the very beginning when you leave the fire pit area....when you go out into the rain and you follow your homies, they'll turn left into a covered area....BEFORE following them, when you leave the fire pit area look to your right. On your right there will be a TOMMY GUN (here was confusing part, you must use the right trigger to pick it up)!! No more fighting with the black dude to get a pee-shooter pistol to shoot the T-Rex with. 2.) My boss' find: after the T-Rex breaks down the pillars and goes after jack black and black dude while they crank the door kill the flying things. The T-Rex will stop pursuing you and them long enough to munch out....when he's done with those draw him over to the broken down archway....just figure-8 around the structure (even after he bashes the arch-top with his melon) until they get the door open (my strategy). 3.) my assistant manager's find: AFTER you've hidden in the water from the T-Rex and he leaves...grab a spear from the SAME archway used to figure-8 away from bigtooth, take it to the fire you pass...jab at the fire and it'll light up. Take the lit torch and throw it into the thorny bushes near the same archway. The bush will burn away allowing access to a door handle-crank. Take that door handle to the door you were standing by when speaking to the men on the rope bridge above (before stompy interupts). Use right trigger to insert it into the peg...get Haynes n chubby to crank the door open and that's it...demo over....boo ya. :up: