PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Xbox 360 hypers

AquaInferno
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
Whats the difference in Xbox Live silver and gold? I saw an ebay link and the seller mentioned a gold and silver option. I'm not getting a 360, so don't think I'mdumb enough to buy one on ebay. But I remember Live did not impress me on the Xbox, nothin superior other than payin $50 a year for a buddy list.

mor911
11-22-2005, 05:18 PM
Whats the difference in Xbox Live silver and gold? I saw an ebay link and the seller mentioned a gold and silver option. I'm not getting a 360, so don't think I'mdumb enough to buy one on ebay. But I remember Live did not impress me on the Xbox, nothin superior other than payin $50 a year for a buddy list.
The difference between Live Silver and Gold is a bunch of small stuff (avatars and such) and play time. With Silver, you can play multiplayer games on Xbox Live on the weekends. With Gold, you can play 24/7.

I'm no 360 hyper btw. I'm not getting one until next year. But The Mor does have to note that XBL is an awesome online gaming service. It's just an easy regulated was to play online without having to sign up for every game you play. Plus, (you call it a buddy list) your can keep contact with your friends no matter which game they're playing and invite them to your game and vice versa. XBL also keeps games up to date with patches and map downloads to attempt (hey, they try) to keep it fresh.

IMHO XBL is well worth $50 per year. The Mor has it for regular Xbox, and will get it for 360 whenever he gets one. :D

AquaInferno
11-22-2005, 05:32 PM
You know Mor man I had the Live, I did and at 1st I loved it. hen I got hosed in Halo 2 over and over and thought to myself (Same cheating kiddies I can find in Socom!) So I gave up on em. Cheaters really ruin it for me... But the maps thing is good, and not signing up for all the games was cool too. But when I pay them $50 to play on their servers I dont wanna pay Sega $X/Month just because cause Phantasy Start Online is MMORPG. Either charge me from M$ or Sega, but not both.

AquaInferno
11-22-2005, 05:35 PM
Wow Mor I just saw your pics from the KC after party. Blantant **** faced look on you. You looked TORE DOWN :lol:

mor911
11-22-2005, 05:42 PM
You know Mor man I had the Live, I did and at 1st I loved it. hen I got hosed in Halo 2 over and over and thought to myself (Same cheating kiddies I can find in Socom!) So I gave up on em. Cheaters really ruin it for me... But the maps thing is good, and not signing up for all the games was cool too. But when I pay them $50 to play on their servers I dont wanna pay Sega $X/Month just because cause Phantasy Start Online is MMORPG. Either charge me from M$ or Sega, but not both.
Unfortunately for gamers, Halo2 is a high profile game... Any game with that much people on it is bound to be the target of massive amounts of cheating... The Mor also gave up on Halo2 quite a while back. My brother still plays it constantly and says the cheating is getting better... He says The Mor should give it another go. I will probly never play Halo2 online (for a reasonable amount of time) again.

On XBL The Mor plays Battlefield2, Forza Motorsports, and Full Spectrum Warrior. Even though The Mor doesn't play XBL everyday (or sometime I'll go a month without touching it)... I'll still pay them the $50 a year for it.

Now the Phantasy Star thing I see where you're coming from. But I'm sure that not even ol' Bill could get Sega to waive their server fees.

PS - The KC game was awesome... D-day is an insane person. :lol: