PDA

View Full Version : Why You Should Wait For The PS3

Agent51
11-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Here's an article I found on IGN listing the top 10 reasons to wait for PS3 instead of getting a 360. This doesn't effect me because I was already waiting and buy my 360 AFTER my PS3 (unless some irresistable game comes out in the next year) but I figured there have to be SOME people who are only getting one and can't decide. Anyway, here's the article:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/668/668446p1.html

Predaphin
11-22-2005, 08:55 PM
thanks, i was planning on waiting anyway...Patience is key, good things will come for those who wait....

Nappy Roots
11-22-2005, 08:57 PM
most of that stuff i have no clue what their talking about

phinpunk14
11-22-2005, 09:00 PM
Reason #1 is the only thing that is keeping me from getting a 360. Nice article, agent.

Timmy54
11-22-2005, 09:35 PM
mgs4, now there is an app to buy a system for!!

bryancox51fan
11-22-2005, 10:12 PM
you shouldnt wait:shakeno:

Miami 13
11-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Also GTA is PS3 EXCLUSIVE no more GTA for Microsoft.

King Nate
11-22-2005, 11:09 PM
I'm actually thinking about passing on any of the new systems. I'm an old school man. I'll just keep playing my N64. That thing rocks my socks.

AquaInferno
11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
BLUE-RAY people! I been running around here hollerin it and now IGN put it as #1 for why you should wait! Xbox developers complaining about lack of space on DVDs. Won't be a problem on those massive BlueRay discs. And when we move from DVD to Blueray whatcha gonna use to watch the new media? Why your PS3 of course.

burger13
11-23-2005, 11:05 AM
out of 10 reasons they gave..........only the resolution and blue-ray discs mean ANYHTING to me.

Will PS3 have a built in HD? I thought I heard that it wouldn't......and that made up my mind for me.....not sure if I was misinformed or this has changed. That would be the second biggest reason for me to get XBOX over PS3. Don't think I will get a PS3 at all if it doesn't have one. Memory cards are so PS-one.

The biggest reason is that XBOX is available NOW!!! Why do I want to wait a year for next-gen gaming when I can have it now. Madden's out....so are NBA Live and NBA 2K6. Those are the "killer apps" for me.....I could give two sh!ts about Warcraft. Also, with PS3 almost a year away, I'm sure most will have time to save up for one of those as well. It's less than $10 per week if you save for a year.

So don't wait idlely for PS3.....go grab a 360 and be next-gen gaming while PS homers are looking for new ways for an obsolete PS2 to entertain them for a year.

Motion
11-23-2005, 11:34 AM

Are you sure about that? Thats huge news and I haven't seen taht reported anywhere.

Motion
11-23-2005, 11:35 AM
you shouldnt wait:shakeno:

If your only buying one next gen system, YES you should wait.

mor911
11-23-2005, 11:51 AM
Don't think this is true... I'll look though. Sony getting it first, I can see that. But I really don't see Rockstar signing any exclusivity deals... Too much money to be made on 360. Think of it from a business standpoint.

A Wing Pilot
11-23-2005, 12:01 PM
I am going to try and shed some light on these topics. remember articles written like this are slanted one way or another:

10. Game Lineup - 18 games at release of 360 is besty lineup to date crushing ps1, xbox, and ps2. Yes no one game harnesses the full ability of the equipment but what makes you think that sony's developers will either, never happened before

Winner: 360 they are already aout and developing by the time the ps3 comes out how big will the library be? and how good?

9. Dual screen 1080P - BWAAHAHA not even out yet, who has two HD tv's much less one (that support 1080p as mentioned above) and secondly its unproven that they can support two monitors as of yet. 10801 vs 1080p is going to be incredibly difficult to see the differnces and patches and other things may be released on the xbox to allow for it. aside from the excuses its unproven on both sides of the equation

Winner: Tie 360 short sightedness and PS3- unproven (especially the frame rate garbage)

8. Expanability - Xbox has usb, all those drives the mentioned are usb based conversions

Winner Tie although Xbox didn't cram my console full of un-needed ports

7. Pre-order ROFL, they haven't even made a final ps3 yet so they are no being manufactured when they do and can meet all of the manufacturing deadlines and preorders then come talk to me. I pre-orderd my xbox in august and still didn't get it i had to wait in line. This will be the exact same issue for ps3

Winner: Tie - both systems are going to have lines don't kid yourself

6. 7-player wireless - i won't get into the fact that sony got its but sued (and lost) for the boomerang controllers but I can barely stand my 65" tv cgetting cut into 2 screens how the F you gonna handle 7. Who has enough room or desire to have 7 people their living room playiong the same game.

Winner: PS3 they win on sheer numbers but i think its pointless untill proven otherwise

5. IP camera - Xbox will release one right before the ps3 comes out this is a moot poit in fact i really don't want to stare at some 40 yr old naked guy playing me in madden thank you very much!

Winner: Tie cause neither is working on the respective console at this second in time (PS3 or 360)

4. Backwards compatibility - PS did a great job with the ps2, first console EVER to do it. The xbox has 214 compatible games and will keep releasing (estimated 750 by end of year) I'd rather play new games to take advantage of the hardware but i understand

Winner: PS3 like i said i'd rather get new stuff but understand either way

3. Developer support, you gotta be F'nkidding me. We're talking about Msft the worlds RICHEST software company. they'll buy the competition if they need to and have made porting from pc to 360 easier then ever before.

Winner: Xbox what a ridiculous argument and case

2. Metal Gear solid: looks good but its still just a trailer.. I'll wait and see

Winner: Tie Trailers don't mean jack especially since the ps3 console hasn't been finalized

1. BLU Ray - Bwaaahahahah there isn't even a standard yet. in fact sony is just trying to cram there choice down your throat when HD-dvd may end up being the standard. So I'd rather wait and by the right one through an upgrade as 360 has stated then to buy a dying or never taken off technology.

winner: Tie xbox has nothing and sony is forcing what they want down your throat

This forgoten by this article

1. Xbox live the largest advantage and user base for consoles. Crushes everything sony has to this point

2. Who do you want to back your product sony who will drop if it fails or Msft who will take a loss to make sure that they win.

I'm getting both but absolutely love the 360 and it has knocked my socks off by the time the ps3 comes out its going to take a lot to impress me (excluding the 3K i'll have to spend to by another HD tv) By then HD games are old news!!!!

How am i qualified, been hardcore gaming since early eighties (82 ish) 23 years of gaming having owned most all consoles.

All i'm saying is don't let slanted articles like that one sway your point go check this stuff out for yourself and do real research!!!

My final review
PS3 Score: 2
360 Score: 2
Tied/Undecided: 6

bryancox51fan
11-23-2005, 12:07 PM
If your only buying one next gen system, YES you should wait.Maybe for you,not me:)

Pagan
11-23-2005, 12:11 PM
"Listed below in descending order are the top ten reasons your faithful editors on the IGN PlayStation team think you should wait until next year to make your first next-generation upgrade."
Ummm....biased much?

Reason #10: Xbox 360 Doesn't Have a Killer App
Hello? Project Gotham Racing anyone? Only the staple of XBox live for a looooong time.

Reason #9: Dual-Screen and 1080p Support
Big whoop. How many are actually going to get dual screens? And they themselves say most TVs don't support the 1080p, so it's almost like saying "this car can do 400 miles an hour! Well, unless you live in Germany who cares?

Reason #6: Seven-Player Wireless Support
That's all well and good if you have 7 people playing the game at the same time. Clusterf*ck, anyone?

Reason #5: The HD IP Camera
Yawn.

Reason #4: Full Backwards Compatibility
Am I the only one who gives a rat's a$$ about this? I can have my XBox AND my XBox 360 connected at the same time. Viola! Instant backwards compatability!

It all depends on what you want. For me, until Sony comes up with better online play...feh....

mor911
11-23-2005, 12:12 PM
Ummm....biased much?
:lol: :rofl4:

Pagan
11-23-2005, 12:20 PM
I mean really...is the IGN Playstation team going to say that XBox 360 is better? Would be like McDonald's telling you to buy Wendy's.

mor911
11-23-2005, 12:42 PM
Reason #9: Dual-Screen and 1080p Support
Big whoop. How many are actually going to get dual screens? And they themselves say most TVs don't support the 1080p, so it's almost like saying "this car can do 400 miles an hour! Well, unless you live in Germany who cares?

What's really funny about this... Earlier this week someone was talking down on the 360 because you "have to have an HDTV to fully experience it... It could cost you thousands of dollars." How much is two HDTVs that DOES support 1080p gonna cost. The Mor's Sony Wega HDTV costed $1700 and it doesn't even support 1080p.

I will buy a PS3, but I'll get a 360 first. Why can't people agree that the 360 is a good machine. Why do people that don't want to get it (or dare I say CAN'T GET IT) , have to down talk it?

Pagan
11-23-2005, 12:56 PM
I will buy a PS3, but I'll get a 360 first.
So will I Mor...so will I.

Why can't people agree that the 360 is a good machine. Why do people that don't want to get it (or dare I say CAN'T GET IT) , have to down talk it?
It's called being a fanboy. ;)

Switching gears...Mor, you gunna be at the Jets game? Would love to hang with ya.

Motion
11-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Why do people that don't want to get it (or dare I say CAN'T GET IT) , have to down talk it?

I'm not down talking the 360, its a great system, I'll probably be getting one. But the PS3 will no doubt be the one to have. And thats a pretty low blow suggesting some people can't get one, I surely hope your referring to them not reserving one instead of not being able to afford one. :shakeno:

darkmistress
11-23-2005, 10:36 PM
I am going to try and shed some light on these topics. remember articles written like this are slanted one way or another:

10. Game Lineup - 18 games at release of 360 is besty lineup to date crushing ps1, xbox, and ps2. Yes no one game harnesses the full ability of the equipment but what makes you think that sony's developers will either, never happened before

Winner: 360 they are already aout and developing by the time the ps3 comes out how big will the library be? and how good?

9. Dual screen 1080P - BWAAHAHA not even out yet, who has two HD tv's much less one (that support 1080p as mentioned above) and secondly its unproven that they can support two monitors as of yet. 10801 vs 1080p is going to be incredibly difficult to see the differnces and patches and other things may be released on the xbox to allow for it. aside from the excuses its unproven on both sides of the equation

Winner: Tie 360 short sightedness and PS3- unproven (especially the frame rate garbage)

8. Expanability - Xbox has usb, all those drives the mentioned are usb based conversions

Winner Tie although Xbox didn't cram my console full of un-needed ports

7. Pre-order ROFL, they haven't even made a final ps3 yet so they are no being manufactured when they do and can meet all of the manufacturing deadlines and preorders then come talk to me. I pre-orderd my xbox in august and still didn't get it i had to wait in line. This will be the exact same issue for ps3

Winner: Tie - both systems are going to have lines don't kid yourself

6. 7-player wireless - i won't get into the fact that sony got its but sued (and lost) for the boomerang controllers but I can barely stand my 65" tv cgetting cut into 2 screens how the F you gonna handle 7. Who has enough room or desire to have 7 people their living room playiong the same game.

Winner: PS3 they win on sheer numbers but i think its pointless untill proven otherwise

5. IP camera - Xbox will release one right before the ps3 comes out this is a moot poit in fact i really don't want to stare at some 40 yr old naked guy playing me in madden thank you very much!

Winner: Tie cause neither is working on the respective console at this second in time (PS3 or 360)

4. Backwards compatibility - PS did a great job with the ps2, first console EVER to do it. The xbox has 214 compatible games and will keep releasing (estimated 750 by end of year) I'd rather play new games to take advantage of the hardware but i understand

Winner: PS3 like i said i'd rather get new stuff but understand either way

3. Developer support, you gotta be F'nkidding me. We're talking about Msft the worlds RICHEST software company. they'll buy the competition if they need to and have made porting from pc to 360 easier then ever before.

Winner: Xbox what a ridiculous argument and case

2. Metal Gear solid: looks good but its still just a trailer.. I'll wait and see

Winner: Tie Trailers don't mean jack especially since the ps3 console hasn't been finalized

1. BLU Ray - Bwaaahahahah there isn't even a standard yet. in fact sony is just trying to cram there choice down your throat when HD-dvd may end up being the standard. So I'd rather wait and by the right one through an upgrade as 360 has stated then to buy a dying or never taken off technology.

winner: Tie xbox has nothing and sony is forcing what they want down your throat

This forgoten by this article

1. Xbox live the largest advantage and user base for consoles. Crushes everything sony has to this point

2. Who do you want to back your product sony who will drop if it fails or Msft who will take a loss to make sure that they win.

I'm getting both but absolutely love the 360 and it has knocked my socks off by the time the ps3 comes out its going to take a lot to impress me (excluding the 3K i'll have to spend to by another HD tv) By then HD games are old news!!!!

How am i qualified, been hardcore gaming since early eighties (82 ish) 23 years of gaming having owned most all consoles.

All i'm saying is don't let slanted articles like that one sway your point go check this stuff out for yourself and do real research!!!

My final review
PS3 Score: 2
360 Score: 2
Tied/Undecided: 6

Thank you A Wing this post was greatly appreciated... it's nice to finally read a post not so single minded about one particular console...

Miami 13
11-23-2005, 11:33 PM
Half of those ties should of been won by the PS3. And your obviously biased against Sony and like Microsoft.

A Wing Pilot
11-23-2005, 11:46 PM
Half of those ties should of been won by the PS3. And your obviously biased against Sony and like Microsoft.

Your outta your mind. I still own and play the following nes, snes, ps, ps2, psp, xbox, and xbox360. I will buy a ps3 on opening day. But understand that everything that the ps3 says it can do is all claims till final prototype is done and production begins. So alot of those ties are ties for a reason. you can't compare real life equipment to paper specs. Yes some may lean to one or the other but there is no definitive winner thus the tie. The point was that there are counter points to everything in that article and it was almost completely opinion! I tried to stay neutral as I like all consoles I just want good games and great replay-ability. I'll buy whatever game and console offers me that solution.

Agent51
11-24-2005, 05:41 PM
To be fair here is a "Top 10 reason to buy a 360 now" article:
http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/747/747892/imgs_2.html

I am definately getting both but I didn't get a 360 at launch for a few reasons:

1. The launch lineup doesn't impress me enough to drop $400 on it this moment. I play Madden tons, but I don't like it on XBox because I don't like the controls so I NEVER buy NCAA or Madden on XBox, its always PS2, so, while Madden looks amazing, it doesn't effect me. Also, I'm not a big shooter person, aside from Halo I never touch em, so Perfect Dark and Quake and all that don't really effect me. Need For Speed looks great, but it's not something I need to go out and buy a 360 for, especially when it's out on the current consoles too.

2. It's RIDICULOUS that the quota couldn't be filled and people who reserved it MONTHS ago didn't get theirs but people who waited in line did. If a console is pre-sold that means MS should AT LEAST make SURE they have enough to fill those orders or push the launch back, or not allow that many to be presold, nevermind having people who reserved it eithe rnot get one at all or they reserved the premium system and were forced to either take a standard one or lose their reservation, but the general public who never bothered to reserve one can walk right in and buy it off the shelf. That is so ridiculous to me.

3. I don't HATE Microsft, nor am I "Sony Loyal" but I do find that Sony puts out a system that is more to my liking. I like the PS's "exclusive" lineup much better than the XBox's. I like the PS's controller better (although I am wary of the new "boomerang" PS3 controller). I don't play Many games outside of sports games like NCAA/Madden and NHL, and the Tony Hawk series. There is the occasional racing game like NASCAR or Need For Speed and I also like the GTA games. I liek the controls of NCAA/Madden MUCH much better on the PS, same with Tony Hawk and until last year GTA was PS exclusive. So the majority of games I play I either prefer on PS or are PS exclusive. As for the XBox, there are some pros that I like, which is why I own one. The biggest selling point to me was the HD, because memory cards drive me INSANE. Especially when NCAA/Madden stuff takes up SO much room and they are like $30 a pop for a new one. I also LOVE Halo. I was NEVER a FPS guy til I played that game, it's still the only FPS I like. Racing Games are pretty generic so I usually buy them for XBox since the controls don't feel super different and I can save them right to the HD.

So I am waiting on the 360, probably until after the PS3 comes out, strictly for the fact that the majority of games I play I prefer on PS, not because I'm anit-microsoft or sony loyal like some people. Unless a few games come out on the 360 between now and the PS3 launch that I simply can't resist I will wait til the PS3 comes out and get my 360 cheaper than $400. So far the only games that grab my attention on the 360 are Test Drive UNlimited and that Condemned game.

Agent51
11-24-2005, 06:08 PM
WOW, I hadn't read the XBox article before I just posted it, but I just did and all I can say is "wow". People complain about the PS3 article being bias? Look at THAT article, it is FILLED with digs at the PS3, be it the controller, the delays, the price, etc etc. Plus, All those points are kinda lame. There are like 4 or 5 JUST about the online gaming experience when that could have all been condensed into ONE point about the online gaming. Also, there are basically two points that are the same, #10 about the "exclusive" titles and #8 (I think, I Xed out) about the launch lineup, again, that could have been condensed into one point. Also, the #1 reason starts with "In My Opinion". Awesome #1 selling point. :shakeno: Again, not bashing the XBox or praising the Playstation, but that XBox top 10 article was a JOKE, WAY more than the PS3 one.

On a different note, I have to give it to MS on this one, they made a SWEET looking system. I wasn't a fan of the 1st XBox's look, and I think the new slim PS2 looks pretty good, but when comparing the looks of the 360 and PS3, hands down the 360 wins it. The PS3 looks like a foreman grill on steroids with a slight touch of flamboyance, especially the controller. Right now everything in my entertainment center looks MANLY, lol, the huge surround sound reciever, the speakers mounted everywhere, the huge fat XBox, the slim PS2 which, with the groved lines across it kind of looks machine-like, and my brand new (early Xmass gift) Pioneer 50" plasma TV, the 360 will go nicely but the PS3 is going to look like it belongs in the kitchen, lol. It's very......curvy.........

VanDolPhan
11-24-2005, 07:58 PM
2. It's RIDICULOUS that the quota couldn't be filled and people who reserved it MONTHS ago didn't get theirs but people who waited in line did. If a console is pre-sold that means MS should AT LEAST make SURE they have enough to fill those orders or push the launch back, or not allow that many to be presold, nevermind having people who reserved it eithe rnot get one at all or they reserved the premium system and were forced to either take a standard one or lose their reservation, but the general public who never bothered to reserve one can walk right in and buy it off the shelf. That is so ridiculous to me.

How can you blame Microsoft for stores greed? EB and the rest were taking preorders WITHOUT any knowledge of the numbers they were going to have. All they cared about was having your money. Microsoft in no way is responsible for that.

And anything IGN has to say is usually garbage.

Deus Ex Dolphin
11-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Agent51, you made some great, intelligent points about why you prefer
Sony over MS when it comes to the consoles.

A fanboy justs rants about how the PS2 sucks or Xbox sucks depending on
how they feel, but seldom have real reasons to back it up.

I think MS fixed the one complaint about the Xbox controller when
they replaced the black and white buttons with the bumpers. I don't
know how Sony fans can playing racing games WITHOUT triggers on the
controller.

I was happy to see MS advance gaming by including a hard drive, and creating
Xbox Live. Sony did little except include better graphics with the PS2, so I
am down of them about that. They killed off a neat little console called the
Dreamcast in the process, though Sega did a lot to help, so Sony has much
to atone for in my eyes.

BTW, I^m posting this with my Dreamcast, with a broadband adaptor, connected
to a Linksys wireless gaming adapter, while staying at a Super 8 Motel. :)

Even as an Xbox fan, I admit the 360 launch games are good, but not great. I
actually sold my 360 the day I got it, on Ebay for $1000.00 since only Oblivion
or ESPN Football 2K6 at launch would make it worth giving up that kind of money
on Ebay. I^ll get another one early next year and have more games to select
from too.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Agent51, you made some great, intelligent points about why you prefer
Sony over MS when it comes to the consoles.

A fanboy justs rants about how the PS2 sucks or Xbox sucks depending on
how they feel, but seldom have real reasons to back it up.

I think MS fixed the one complaint about the Xbox controller when
they replaced the black and white buttons with the bumpers. I don't
know how Sony fans can playing racing games WITHOUT triggers on the
controller.

I was happy to see MS advance gaming by including a hard drive, and creating
Xbox Live. Sony did little except include better graphics with the PS2, so I
am down of them about that. They killed off a neat little console called the
Dreamcast in the process, though Sega did a lot to help, so Sony has much
to atone for in my eyes.

BTW, I^m posting this with my Dreamcast, with a broadband adaptor, connected
to a Linksys wireless gaming adapter, while staying at a Super 8 Motel. :)

Even as an Xbox fan, I admit the 360 launch games are good, but not great. I
actually sold my 360 the day I got it, on Ebay for $1000.00 since only Oblivion
or ESPN Football 2K6 at launch would make it worth giving up that kind of money
on Ebay. I^ll get another one early next year and have more games to select
from too.

Thank you, I always try to post from an objective standpoint, I can't stand things like "Sony sucks cuz I love XBox", or vice versa, posts. If you have facts/opinions to back it up its one thing, but just saying something sucks, or is bad, because YOU don't like it doesn't make it true, nor does it hold any weight or validity. That is AWESOME that you made bank off of your 360. I agree with you on the launch lineup too, if they had more intriguing games I may have bought one, but I'm going to wait. Condemned looks good, but it'll be there next year, maybe even a new version of it. That Test Drive game looks really good, but it's not even out til January 31st. Oblivion looks good too, again, not released at launch. MAYBE when Test Drive and Oblivion come out I might pick one up if they are available by then, but I still forsee myself waiting for about a year or so before I get one.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 01:36 PM
How can you blame Microsoft for stores greed? EB and the rest were taking preorders WITHOUT any knowledge of the numbers they were going to have. All they cared about was having your money. Microsoft in no way is responsible for that.

And anything IGN has to say is usually garbage.

Well on that aspect, yes, BUT, there have been system launch shortages before (see, PS2) and microsoft strives to be better than them in every way possible, don't you think they should have learned from PS2's mistake and made enough systems? ESPECIALLY if you have a holiday launch. I mean, the sytem itself HAS to have been done being designed for awhile now, so they should have been making as many as possible since the day it was decided it was the final version of the system and ready to go into production.

I agree on the IGN thing too. I just posted the articles because they were there and figured some might be interested. Sometimes I'll read a good artice/review there, but a lot of times the review turns into wether the editor likes the game or not and the scores reflect that. I have read reviews of the kids games because I'm curious as to how EVERY SINGLE disney game or other young kid game gets like 4s and lower. Guess what the reason awlways turns out to be, or seems from the article anyway? "I don't like this type of game" or something along those lines. OF COURSE YOU DON'T, YOU ARE A GROWN MAN, IT'S DESIGNED FOR A 5 yr OLD! One review I saw a line like "the controls in this game are WAY too simplistic, I lost interest 7 seconds in" Well, DUH, its for a 5 yr old, they can't exactly have complex controls. I think it's ridiculous that games get low scores because the reviewer doesn't liek the genre, or even liek the game. They should have reviewers who PLAY that genre write the reviews, and if not, it should convey the FACTS of the game, not the reviews opinion., or the opinion shouldn't effect the score of the game. I know quite a few times I have passed on renting/buying a game because of a bad review score, only to play it later and love it.

VanDolPhan
11-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Well on that aspect, yes, BUT, there have been system launch shortages before (see, PS2) and microsoft strives to be better than them in every way possible, don't you think they should have learned from PS2's mistake and made enough systems? ESPECIALLY if you have a holiday launch. I mean, the sytem itself HAS to have been done being designed for awhile now, so they should have been making as many as possible since the day it was decided it was the final version of the system and ready to go into production.

It's physically impossible to. They rolled off an incredible number of systems despite the shortages. I have yet to see a console that didn't face shortages and expect the PS3 to undergo the same thing even if they only release in one territory at a time.

The factory's 'were' working from the moment they had a final kit. Heck I believe the final count was that MS has 3 factories working 24-7 to pump machines out. Microsoft 'did' push it hard to get out before PS3 because they wanted that lead and quite frankly I'm impressed with what they did do in such a short time.

Honestly there is no competition at this point. MS wins until Sony can get down to some real hard facts. No one knows what games they are releasing with in their first month, we haven't seen anything but fake trailers from them yet when we had MS showing games since May albeit on 1/3rd the power but at least they had the balls to do so.

I'm not giving Sony any benefit of doubt this time around. They need to go out their and prove it as the Xbox was the far superior machine last time around and I don't care about any sales figures. If we went by sales figures then Britney would be a great musician. Right now Xbox is the king of action/fps, racers and online gaming. That's a lot to overcome with Sony as the only huge advantages they got is their already installed fanbase from PS1 (think I still have mine laying around lol) and a couple exclusive titles that I don't believe are exlusive anymore (Final Fantasy/GTA) and their strong RPG base.

Sony to me needs a killer app for me to get it this time cause Blu Ray just isn't doing it for me.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 05:23 PM
It's physically impossible to. They rolled off an incredible number of systems despite the shortages. I have yet to see a console that didn't face shortages and expect the PS3 to undergo the same thing even if they only release in one territory at a time.

The factory's 'were' working from the moment they had a final kit. Heck I believe the final count was that MS has 3 factories working 24-7 to pump machines out. Microsoft 'did' push it hard to get out before PS3 because they wanted that lead and quite frankly I'm impressed with what they did do in such a short time.

Honestly there is no competition at this point. MS wins until Sony can get down to some real hard facts. No one knows what games they are releasing with in their first month, we haven't seen anything but fake trailers from them yet when we had MS showing games since May albeit on 1/3rd the power but at least they had the balls to do so.

I'm not giving Sony any benefit of doubt this time around. They need to go out their and prove it as the Xbox was the far superior machine last time around and I don't care about any sales figures. If we went by sales figures then Britney would be a great musician. Right now Xbox is the king of action/fps, racers and online gaming. That's a lot to overcome with Sony as the only huge advantages they got is their already installed fanbase from PS1 (think I still have mine laying around lol) and a couple exclusive titles that I don't believe are exlusive anymore (Final Fantasy/GTA) and their strong RPG base.

Sony to me needs a killer app for me to get it this time cause Blu Ray just isn't doing it for me.

Good points. Still, I'm not sure how long it takes to make a system, but my mind is telling em there should be WAY more systems available than what there are given the length of time they have had the final incarnation of the 360 plus if they had 3 factories producing them 24/7. Just curious, did you get a 360? I'd be PISSED if I reserved mine way back in April and didn't get mine but people who didn't reserve one got one, and I'd be even more pissed if a store told me I either had to take the stanrd package (if I reserved the premium package) or lose my reservation. I guess that is on the store and not Microsoft, but I'd still be so pissed.