PDA

View Full Version : Xbox vs Xbox360

DolfanForever
11-23-2005, 11:29 AM
Is the 360 gonna be worth the money? Don't they both have hard drives and online play ability? How much better can the graphics get?

Motion
11-23-2005, 11:35 AM
:D

Pagan
11-23-2005, 01:06 PM
Graphics can get much much better

Just wait for the PS3
Dude, stop being such a PS3 whore! :lol:

If the guy is asking about XBox 360, he's obviously an XBox owner and wants to buy the 360.

This is getting like "Video Game System Jehovah's Witnesses" here. :lol:

Motion
11-23-2005, 01:14 PM

If the guy is asking about XBox 360, he's obviously an XBox owner and wants to buy the 360.

Someone's gotta be, there's far to many Xbox fanboys in here. I've never said the 360 is a bad system, I'm getting one, but the facts don't lie the PS3 will be the superior machine.

Besides, I find it entertaining to see everyone get so defensive over something so petty as too which video game system is better. :lol:

Pagan
11-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Besides, I find it entertaining to see everyone get so defensive over something so petty as too which video game system is better. :lol:
I know what you mean...like they have stock in the company or something. :tongue: :lol:

A Wing Pilot
11-23-2005, 02:22 PM
Someone's gotta be, there's far to many Xbox fanboys in here. I've never said the 360 is a bad system, I'm getting one, but the facts don't lie the PS3 will be the superior machine.

What facts. they haven't even made a final prototype. trailers at e3 = NOTHING
They are both must haves for hardcores. the thing is prefrence and everyone has theres My prefrence is good game play and re-playability so for me XBOXLive offers that solution better then any other platform so it is my first, but damn does sony put out some good stuff that i can't miss

Motion
11-23-2005, 02:27 PM
They are both must haves for hardcores. the thing is prefrence and everyone has theres but damn does sony put out some good stuff that i can't miss

I agree

ohall
11-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Graphics can get much much better

Just wait for the PS3

I don't believe this for a second!

Project Gotham 3, if PS3 can do better than that I would be shocked. I have been playing XBOX 360 and the games are incredible, especially LIVE. As expected with a new launch some of the games are not as long (TIME) as one would want them to be, but the graphics are incredible.

PS3 has promised the sun let's see if they can even deliver the moon. If some of you want to wait for maybe more than a year for a dream more power to you. I will be enjoying my real XBOX 360 ON HDTV that entire time!

Motion
11-23-2005, 03:46 PM
I don't believe this for a second!

Project Gotham 3, if PS3 can do better than that I would be shocked. I have been playing XBOX 360 and the games are incredible, especially LIVE. As expected with a new launch some of the games are not as long (TIME) as one would want them to be, but the graphics are incredible.

PS3 has promised the sun let's see if they can even deliver the moon. If some of you want to wait for maybe more than a year for a dream more power to you. I will be enjoying my real XBOX 360 ON HDTV that entire time!

:rolleyes: Preach on brother

Slappy8800
11-23-2005, 06:10 PM
yea what "facts" ?

DolfanForever
11-23-2005, 07:32 PM

Actually I have neither. I haven't bought a system since the DreamCast debaucle. The Xbox will drop tremendously in price now that the 360 is out. Will the 360 come with wireless controllers and a wireless network card? Is the online gaming free with the PS2?

Doktor Ivel
11-23-2005, 07:47 PM
i played one, but i dont own one yet, i am hoping to get one for christmas.
its worth it

Agent51
11-24-2005, 04:38 PM
Actually I have neither. I haven't bought a system since the DreamCast debaucle. The Xbox will drop tremendously in price now that the 360 is out. Will the 360 come with wireless controllers and a wireless network card? Is the online gaming free with the PS2?

As far as I know the premium 360 package comes with a wireless control, no system, XBox or otherwise, comes with a wireless network card, and yes, the PS2 online gaming is free.

For your first quetion about the difference between the 360 and XBox: Yes, they both have online gaming and yes they both have hard drives (only the premium package of the 360 comes with the HD, the standard package doesn't). Graphically the 360 is MUCH much better than the XBox, IF you have an HDTV. If not, the graphics will be better, but not like all these screen shots you are seeing. I tried to find a link to an IGN article I read the other day where they tested the XBox 360 on 3 different TVs (a Dell LCD Monitor, and Sony Trinitron Hi-Def, and a regular 27" Tube TV) with ALL of the possible video hookups (standard, composite, s-video etc etc) on each TV and provided screen shots. The 360 was GREATLY hindered with standard TV and A/V hookups. The best results came from the HDTV with the composite hookups. In fact, they game they showed was that Condemned game and on a normal TV it was so dark you could hardly see anything, where on the two HDTVs with the composite hookups all the subtle dark differences came through and created the proper eerie effects with just being a black washout. Basically don't bother with a 360, or a PS3 when it comes out, unless you have a HDTV first, cuz its pretty pointless for a normal TV, the graphics will prolly look the same as an XBox or PS2. Hope that helped, sorry I couldn't find the article, it's on xbox360.ign.com somewhere.

ohall
11-24-2005, 04:47 PM
:rolleyes: Preach on brother

I'm not sure what your disfunction is, but I am not a Sony or a Microsoft person. I owned PS2 and XBOX. I owned the Dreamcast, PS1, 3DO, N64, Sega genesis. Basically all the gaming systems that have come out since the 70's.

All I can tell you is the 360 is here and it is damn impressive and I seriously doubt PS3 will deliver what it says it will, it never does. They will dominate again once they deliver their system. I will also buy it when it comes out. But there is no reason to poo poo the 360 just because you are a Sony homer.

XxFiN FaNxX
11-25-2005, 10:12 AM
As far as I know the premium 360 package comes with a wireless control, no system, XBox or otherwise, comes with a wireless network card, and yes, the PS2 online gaming is free.

For your first quetion about the difference between the 360 and XBox: Yes, they both have online gaming and yes they both have hard drives (only the premium package of the 360 comes with the HD, the standard package doesn't). Graphically the 360 is MUCH much better than the XBox, IF you have an HDTV. If not, the graphics will be better, but not like all these screen shots you are seeing. I tried to find a link to an IGN article I read the other day where they tested the XBox 360 on 3 different TVs (a Dell LCD Monitor, and Sony Trinitron Hi-Def, and a regular 27" Tube TV) with ALL of the possible video hookups (standard, composite, s-video etc etc) on each TV and provided screen shots. The 360 was GREATLY hindered with standard TV and A/V hookups. The best results came from the HDTV with the composite hookups. In fact, they game they showed was that Condemned game and on a normal TV it was so dark you could hardly see anything, where on the two HDTVs with the composite hookups all the subtle dark differences came through and created the proper eerie effects with just being a black washout. Basically don't bother with a 360, or a PS3 when it comes out, unless you have a HDTV first, cuz its pretty pointless for a normal TV, the graphics will prolly look the same as an XBox or PS2. Hope that helped, sorry I couldn't find the article, it's on xbox360.ign.com somewhere.

Youre on crack....u hav no idea wat your talking about...i bought an xbox 360 and the minute i put madden in i could tell the difference between that and xbox/PS2...i have a regular tv and the graphics are far superior than anything ive ever seen. the only sense u make in that long useless claim is the fact that it does play better on an HDTV...but no big difference can be seen. My friend plays call of duty 2 on his HDTV and it does look awesome...but nothing i seen on that TV would be changed or rendered had i put that into mine with my TV. And if it was it would be a few minor nicks and nacks...get your facts straight and the reason ur bashing it is because u probly didnt get one

Motion
11-25-2005, 11:09 AM
I'm not sure what your disfunction is, but I am not a Sony or a Microsoft person. I owned PS2 and XBOX. I owned the Dreamcast, PS1, 3DO, N64, Sega genesis. Basically all the gaming systems that have come out since the 70's.

All I can tell you is the 360 is here and it is damn impressive and I seriously doubt PS3 will deliver what it says it will, it never does. They will dominate again once they deliver their system. I will also buy it when it comes out. But there is no reason to poo poo the 360 just because you are a Sony homer.

No "disfunctions" here. I wasn't "poo poo-ing" on anything. I know the 360 is a nice machine, minus the reported freezing issues. I never accused you of being a sony or microsoft person. And I'm not a Sony homer. Thanks

Agent51
11-25-2005, 12:55 PM
Youre on crack....u hav no idea wat your talking about...i bought an xbox 360 and the minute i put madden in i could tell the difference between that and xbox/PS2...i have a regular tv and the graphics are far superior than anything ive ever seen. the only sense u make in that long useless claim is the fact that it does play better on an HDTV...but no big difference can be seen. My friend plays call of duty 2 on his HDTV and it does look awesome...but nothing i seen on that TV would be changed or rendered had i put that into mine with my TV. And if it was it would be a few minor nicks and nacks...get your facts straight and the reason ur bashing it is because u probly didnt get one

In love with XBox much? Calm down dude, I say right in my post that that information came from an ARTICLE I read on XBox360.ign.com, therefore I am not on crack, I am just reporting on the article. I have no idea what I'm talking about? OK buddy :shakeno: . Your "friend", if he even exists, must not have a GOOD HDTV, or have used the component hookups, because I have seen the 360 both a normal TV AND a good HDTV and it looks WORLDS better on the HDTV. Yes, the graphics are much better than XBox or PS2, but they are lightyears better with the proper TV/hookup combo. Certain aspects of the graphics do not come through as they were meant to with your standard Yellow/Red/White hookups, I've seen it in person and I saw an extreme example in the article in IGN with that Condemned game. The were in a room with a normal TV it was basically a washout of black except the SUPER bright white of the flashlight. Then they switched TVs and connections and it was super crisp and the black tones seperated into individual highlights and lowlights. You could see all the details in the room and it looked like you were in a dark room with a flashlight that caused objects to cast shadows, not just a pitch black abyss with a section of bright white like a standard TV. Oh, actually, just found the article, so here's the 2 screenshots I am talking about:

TV with S-Video connection:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/xbox360cableandvideotest2005112106273684-1.jpg (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=3230024&article_id=668461&channel_id=192&page_title=Xbox+360+Cable+and+Video+Test&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures%26type%3Dpartner)

HDTV with Component Video connection:
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/11/xbox360cableandvideotest2005112106275323-1.jpg (http://mediaviewer.ign.com/ignMediaPage.jsp?media_id=3230030&article_id=668461&channel_id=192&page_title=Xbox+360+Cable+and+Video+Test&adtag=network%3Dign%26size%3D468x60%26channel%3Dgear%26site%3Dgear_hub%26channel%3Dfeatures%26type%3Dpartner)

Jeez, they look exactly the same with no noticeable difference.......but I "don't know what I'm talking about?!?.......again :shakeno: . The guy asked for system information, so I provided it, stop being an XBox "homer" and provide unbias information. I don't hate XBox, I own XBox and PS2, and I'm not "bashing it because I didn't get one". First off, I didn't bash it at all, I provided information he asked for and from an article. 2nd, I didn't get one because I didn't WANT one. Eventually I will but right now there are no games (aside from Condemned) that catch my eye and make me wanna spend $400 right before the holidays on myself for a game system when I'm not even that big a gamer. It looks like a great system, and I have played it and it is much better than my initial impression after playing it in EB Games. I like the look, I like the controller, and I love the graphics, but it can't be denied that it looks MUCH better on the right TV with the right connections. I have a good HDTV, so does my friend, but I have seen it on a standard TV and seen it on an HDTV, there is no denying the HDTV is way better (assuming you use the proper connecting cables, ie COMPNENT, not standard or S-Video). I never said it wasn't better than the current-gen systems, I said HDTV 360 is better than STANDARD TV 360. It's obvious YOU have no idea what you are talking about, or what I am talking about. If you know nothing about TVs and hookups then don't argue with people who do. The man asked questions and I answered him from an objective P.O.V. and provided him with information from an article written by a staff whos JOB is to review the XBox 360 and its games. Go play your 360 and leave the posting to people who help and provide good information and know what they are talking about instead of just making fun of other posters and acting smart.

DolfanForever
11-25-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the info.
To me the 360 might be worth it just for the wireless controllers. Does it come with a remote so I can turn it off and on without getting off the couch?:lol:

Does the online gaming service weed-out cheaters and hacks?

Agent51
11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info.
To me the 360 might be worth it just for the wireless controllers. Does it come with a remote so I can turn it off and on without getting off the couch?:lol:

Does the online gaming service weed-out cheaters and hacks?

It comes with a remote I believe (again, only the premium package) but I'm not sure if it turns off the console though, probably not, lol. I think it's a "Media" remote for the DVDs and stuff, not sure though. It would be so cool to have a remote to turn a system off. Normally getting up doesn't bother me, but if I'm playing at night before bed and I'm all comfortable I'd rather be able to turn it off from across the room and stay comfortable then have to get up and turn it off, lol. It's not that big of a deal now that I live in California and Hawai'i, but when I lived in/visit Rhode Island it SUCKS in the winter, its SO COLD, lol.

As far as cheaters online, I'm not sure, I don't own XBox Live, during the rare times I play online it's with my PS2 so I can't help ya there, sorry.

Slappy8800
11-25-2005, 05:49 PM
if you hold the xbox button on the controller it turns the system on and off

Agent51
11-25-2005, 06:14 PM
if you hold the xbox button on the controller it turns the system on and off

That is BAD*SS

ohall
11-26-2005, 03:05 AM
No "disfunctions" here. I wasn't "poo poo-ing" on anything. I know the 360 is a nice machine, minus the reported freezing issues. I never accused you of being a sony or microsoft person. And I'm not a Sony homer. Thanks

Then did you choose the wrong smiley? http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Because that is not exactly a smiley that indicates to me that you were agreeing with what I was typing.

I sure got a totally dif vibe than what you are saying you meant.

FinsNCanes
11-26-2005, 10:26 AM
It looks like the one picture was taken in a lighted room where the other is a dark area..hence it's not really fair to compare pictures.

That's what it looks like anyway. I saw Call of Duty on the 360 and although it was nice looking I wasn't really impressed that much. Everything looked to glossy.