PDA

View Full Version : A Few Friends Of Mine Said.......

outlawd2u
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
"DON'T GET THE 360" one of my friends after playing it for a day is already trying to get rid of it. They all said that the games freeze a lot, and some of the games that were made for the 360 are short. Take it for what you will, I'm not tellin you not to get one. I'm still gonna get mine just lettin you know there are some minor problems with the initial launch batches of the 360(which I'm sure will be corrected anyway)

Pagan
11-23-2005, 03:34 PM
I'm hearing more and more about the freezeups.

This isn't good. I see a massive recall coming....

ThxRicky
11-23-2005, 03:42 PM
they are selling on ebay for DOUBLE what u pay...tell ur friend to get it on ebay NOW

outlawd2u
11-23-2005, 05:05 PM
they are selling on ebay for DOUBLE what u pay...tell ur friend to get it on ebay NOW

yea, that's his plan, only thing that hurts him is that he's already opened and used all his stuff, most people are selling it all brand new

Agent51
11-24-2005, 04:10 PM
yea, that's his plan, only thing that hurts him is that he's already opened and used all his stuff, most people are selling it all brand new

I'm sure he can still turn a profit, he just won't be seeling it for like 3 grand like some are going for (RIDICULOUS IMO).

ScottishFin
11-25-2005, 09:19 AM
the freezes are mainly caused by a dodgy PSU. Try elevating it off the floor and it should be ok , just needs more air to get through it.

Lukin
11-25-2005, 07:50 PM
I have had no problems with my system whatsoever. And I am completely satisfied with it, in fact It's the coolest system I have ever owned.

Motion
11-25-2005, 07:53 PM
in fact It's the coolest system I have ever owned.

I would hope so at this point.

RunningBackGuru
11-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, alot of people I know told me not to get the 360 eather. Their are too many bugs.

Wildbill3
11-26-2005, 10:41 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=110612

Anybody willing to bet that IBM doesn't get a call for the next system?

Predaphin
11-29-2005, 04:17 PM
"DON'T GET THE 360" one of my friends after playing it for a day is already trying to get rid of it. They all said that the games freeze a lot, and some of the games that were made for the 360 are short. Take it for what you will, I'm not tellin you not to get one. I'm still gonna get mine just lettin you know there are some minor problems with the initial launch batches of the 360(which I'm sure will be corrected anyway)

I wouldn't doubt that most games are short....heck i even read in another thread that Madden 06 didn't have a "create-a-player" feature...

So i wouldn't doubt that they;re short....my guess as to why, is that the games may have been rushed to the market after hearing about the 360's release date....

But this does suck that games are freezing and are short

These are just my thoughts & 2 cents, keep in mind I DON'T OWN A 360, therefore I wouldn't really know.

usf dolfan23
12-07-2005, 01:54 PM
Thats why I never get systems when they first come out, they always seem to have bugs. Both my first batch dreamcast and xbox started having problems, forcing me to buy new ones to play the games i had already bought. Wait till the first price cut people,you wont regret it.

PS- launch games ussually suck, the real good games don't come out till about a year after launch IMO

Agent51
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Thats why I never get systems when they first come out, they always seem to have bugs. Both my first batch dreamcast and xbox started having problems, forcing me to buy new ones to play the games i had already bought. Wait till the first price cut people,you wont regret it.

PS- launch games ussually suck, the real good games don't come out till about a year after launch IMO

I got my PS2 the day it came out and it lasted me all the way til lst year around the time GTA San Andreas came out with absolutely no problems.

mor911
12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
I got my PS2 the day it came out and it lasted me all the way til lst year around the time GTA San Andreas came out with absolutely no problems.
The Mor got his PS2 on launch day, and a year and a half later it died for no reason. This is why The Mor never buys first-run releases on consoles.

Agent51
12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
The Mor got his PS2 on launch day, and a year and a half later it died for no reason. This is why The Mor never buys first-run releases on consoles.

That sucks. Like I said I got mine launch day too, and mine didn't crap out til GTA San Andreas came out, which was like last November if I remember correctly. Mine wasn't even fully dead, it would just do the "disc read error" crap on some games, and on others it would freeze or start going SUPER slow. For instance sometimes on Madden it'd go like frame by frame of them lining up, I'd press "pause" and it'd take like a full minute before it actually paused. I could have done the disc read error fix, but I was too lazy and figured I'd just get a new one anyway since the network adapter was built in and I never had one for the original PS2.

Deus Ex Dolphin
12-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Welcome to the typical system launch. A little less than 3% of the Xbox 360 launch units have been having problems. Not bad, but not great either.

Launch games tend to be rushed to meet the console release date, hence they have missing features (I'm looking at YOU Madden) or are just shorter than average.

The more powerful and complicated consoles get, the more chance for problems too. I sold my 360 the same day I got it, for $1000.00 and by the time I get another one early 2006, most of the early bugs will be worked out. I'll also have a better choice of games, and some used ones too.

It doesn't hurt to get an extended warranty from MS either, as two years of peace of mind for $50 is a good deal. Especially if you are spending $400 plus on the system to start with.

Blitz
12-08-2005, 04:19 AM
I bought my PS2 the day it came out, and I've only had to clean its innards of dust once.

I've heard there are a few problems with a number of 360s. If I bother getting another gaming system, it'll probably be the PS3 whenever it comes out, and I'll probably wait six months to a year after it launches just to be safe...

s-one
12-08-2005, 12:55 PM
I sold my 360 the same day I got it, for $1000.00

For 1K!? Man you got over. I also heard some peeps are dismantling them to find out hard drive space aren't what MS states they are. I'll try to find the link.