PDA

View Full Version : WoooHooo........Question About The 360

outlawd2u
11-23-2005, 11:43 PM
I just got a call from Gamestop saying that some people didn't pick their 360's up, and they got one for me to pick up On Friday(Too late to get it tonight) Now My question is should I get it/keep it, or sell it and wait??

Nappy Roots
11-23-2005, 11:57 PM
I just got a call from Gamestop saying that some people didn't pick their 360's up, and they got one for me to pick up On Friday(Too late to get it tonight) Now My question is should I get it/keep it, or sell it and wait??

SELL!!!

Agent51
11-24-2005, 05:15 PM

Dude, SELL it. Think about it, I saw in another thread that you thought you might have to wait til JANUARY to get yours because of the shortage, so if not for that call you would be waiting til January, so SELL this one, turn a HUGE profit and set aside $400 (plus $ for whatever games you want) and have the rest as spending money right now, maybe even buy a PSP with it (saw you made that comment in another post too). It doesn't make ANY sense to keep it right now they way they are going for stupidly dumb amounts on ebay.

outlawd2u
11-24-2005, 10:25 PM
Dude, SELL it. Think about it, I saw in another thread that you thought you might have to wait til JANUARY to get yours because of the shortage, so if not for that call you would be waiting til January, so SELL this one, turn a HUGE profit and set aside $400 (plus $ for whatever games you want) and have the rest as spending money right now, maybe even buy a PSP with it (saw you made that comment in another post too). It doesn't make ANY sense to keep it right now they way they are going for stupidly dumb amounts on ebay.

I hear ya man, I got it last night, and I have not opened/played it yet, although I have seriously wanted to. I have even thought about opening, playing it, then selling it around X-mas time used. I remember when the PS2 came out, it was still selling for a rediculous amount used.

Motion
11-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Sell

Agent51
11-25-2005, 12:30 PM
I hear ya man, I got it last night, and I have not opened/played it yet, although I have seriously wanted to. I have even thought about opening, playing it, then selling it around X-mas time used. I remember when the PS2 came out, it was still selling for a rediculous amount used.

You could sell used, but it might GREATLY drop your profit whereas if you sell it unopened you can get enough $ to get one when the next shipment comes out AND the PSP you wanted, that is BOTH game systems you want, plus you'd STILL prolly have a bunch of $ left over judging by what I've seen on eBay. Plus with all these reports coming out about problems with it they might stop going for insane prices soon, especially if they are used ones. Sell it, get your PSP and some games and set aside $400, plus games cost, for a 360 from the next batch when the problem will prolly be fixed.

Prime
11-25-2005, 01:10 PM
I can't believe how patheic 360 is turning out to be. At first, people said that this would be the greatest thing that ever came out, but more and more you here that it is one of the most junkiest console. I'm glad that I haven't bought one yet because I'm thinking about buying a PS3 instead of a 360.

HugeFinFan
11-25-2005, 01:25 PM
I'm with you Ace, I'm glad I didn't go with the rush and buy one yet. I'm going to wait for the PS3. Btw, When does that come out?

Agent51
11-25-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm with you Ace, I'm glad I didn't go with the rush and buy one yet. I'm going to wait for the PS3. Btw, When does that come out?

Like NEXT fall, lol. I can't wait though. I'm DEFINATELY getting a PS3, prolly a 360 too, but not until the price drops and more games I like come out for it.

HugeFinFan
11-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Like NEXT fall, lol. I can't wait though. I'm DEFINATELY getting a PS3, prolly a 360 too, but not until the price drops and more games I like come out for it.
Well, I'm going to have to wait for the PS3, I've heard a lot of problems with the 360 and I think i'm more of a Playstation kind of guy myself. :)

Agent51
11-25-2005, 02:19 PM
Well, I'm going to have to wait for the PS3, I've heard a lot of problems with the 360 and I think i'm more of a Playstation kind of guy myself. :)

Same here. I'm not waiting because of the probs, although NOW that might be a factor, but I was waiting even BEFORE the launch of the 360. I prefer playstation but I like both for different reasons.

Dolfan984
11-25-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm with all you guys. Definately waiting for a PS3

Predaphin
11-29-2005, 03:41 PM
I can't believe how patheic 360 is turning out to be. At first, people said that this would be the greatest thing that ever came out, but more and more you here that it is one of the most junkiest console. I'm glad that I haven't bought one yet because I'm thinking about buying a PS3 instead of a 360.

Glad I did the same thing

Joe Flipper
12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
:lol: :rofl3: :lol: :rofl3: :lol: :rofl3: PS3 !

XBOX 360 ROCKS....NO SONY TILL 07 IS THE WORD :lol:

dont cry cause mommy didnt preorder ya 1 :tongue:

MICROSOFT wins AGAIN !!! :rofl3:

Agent51
12-12-2005, 07:18 PM

ummm, ok........................

mor911
12-12-2005, 07:33 PM

Alrighty. Would you like to share some of that speed, or you gonna hog it all? :lol:

Joe Flipper
12-12-2005, 11:24 PM
Alrighty. Would you like to share some of that speed, or you gonna hog it all? :lol:

:D First round on me MOR....

PEACE!

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 05:18 AM

As I posted in another thread at Rhino Video Games store # 84, where I work (Gamebrands Inc. owned by Blockbuster Video), we actually got our first XBOX 360 since the original 4 from the November 22nd launch (we got it two days ago....December 14th). We were given little notice before its arrival, it was a premium package. Some guy bought it within a quarter of a second :lol: He just happened to ask if we had any, pretty much expecting 'no'. We said yes and he took it without thought.

houtz
12-16-2005, 11:42 AM
I've been really wanting to get a 360. I wanted to take the next step to gaming. But it's pretty freaking hard to do so when everywhere you go they're sold out. Another thing that made me not want one for quite a while is my mom went to Wal Mart the other night and I told her to ask if they were getting more 360s in. They said no , they are all be recalled because they have started 4 fires in costumer's houses. That's nuts!!!

It's a good thing I got Madden 06 and two great ps2 leagues to play it in

Phin-o-rama
12-16-2005, 02:13 PM
pc > 360

UltraDol-Fan
12-16-2005, 03:16 PM
pc > 360

yeah cause I really hate playing video games on a big screen with surround sound on my couch. I would much rather sit in an office chair and play with a mouse on a 17" screen. :tongue:

mor911
12-16-2005, 03:26 PM
The Mor has just aquired an xbox 360, and will go home and try it in about 5 hours.

Agent51
12-16-2005, 05:40 PM
yeah cause I really hate playing video games on a big screen with surround sound on my couch. I would much rather sit in an office chair and play with a mouse on a 17" screen. :tongue:

EXACTLY.

Agent51
12-16-2005, 05:45 PM
The Mor has just aquired an xbox 360, and will go home and try it in about 5 hours.

LOL, is that "aquired" like police do? AKA "STEALING"

mor911
12-17-2005, 08:05 PM
LOL, is that "aquired" like police do? AKA "STEALING"
No, aquired simply means one came into my posession....
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

The Mor hasn't shaved in a week, but the 360 looks damn good.

EXTRA CREDIT -- What Movie is on my TV?

RunningBackGuru
12-17-2005, 10:55 PM
I say sell because I heard it's horrible.

RunningBackGuru
12-17-2005, 10:56 PM

That's quite the set! :eek:

PhinsPhan
12-18-2005, 07:06 AM

How is it pathetic. I really hate turning all these threads into a XBox 360 vs PS3 debate but seriously what is so junky about it?

The reliability issues are completely overblown. It is directly on par with the launch of any previous consoles with less than 1% of all people having problems. Not to mention that Microsoft has done more than their fair share in trying to work with these people, replacing the XBox within 1 week.

Have you seen screenshots between the two systems? The difference is negligable and that is hard to say since the PS3 won't even be out for a year.

As for the processor there is a huge bottleneck due to its lack of L2 cache. This was reported when comparing the systems before the 360s came out and it is reported now.

Game Programers like developing games for the 360 and say it is quite easy. The PS3 on the other hand is supposed to have a much more complicated interface with it's 7 different processors and the afforementioned lack of cache. And in console wars the winner is almost always based on games, not hardware.

This part I am not sure if it is true but I have heard it numerous times. The GPU in the PS3 is supposed to be available to PCs within the upcoming months. The one in the XBox however is advanced from this time and shouldn't be seen in a year.

Then we get onto pricing. So the PS3 is a lock to be an extra $100 with games costing $10 more. Yet back to the current consoles. The current Xbox is far and away better than the PS3 but how many games really showed it. Especially games that are ports for both. Developers aren't going to make two seperate programs they will just make one for the lowest system and port it to the next one. Just like current EA games.

The games out right now from EA are garbage. They should get better, but that is in no way Microsofts fault. If this was for the PS3 launch instead of the 360 it would be the exact same case. But there are other games out there that already display excellent graphics and gameplay and these are only in the introduction stage of a new processor design and system that developers are working with. Wait 1 year and then you will see developers really start to harness the systems power and make incredible stuff. Although I wouldn't expect EA to be apart of that.

Games like Call of Duty and Condemened have amazing visuals. The texture mapping is where you see the biggest improvements.

I really want a 360 (I have been playing my friends mostly), and I am really looking forward to the Revolution.

Joe Flipper
12-18-2005, 11:11 AM
How is it pathetic. I really hate turning all these threads into a XBox 360 vs PS3 debate but seriously what is so junky about it?

The reliability issues are completely overblown. It is directly on par with the launch of any previous consoles with less than 1% of all people having problems. Not to mention that Microsoft has done more than their fair share in trying to work with these people, replacing the XBox within 1 week.

Have you seen screenshots between the two systems? The difference is negligable and that is hard to say since the PS3 won't even be out for a year.

As for the processor there is a huge bottleneck due to its lack of L2 cache. This was reported when comparing the systems before the 360s came out and it is reported now.

Game Programers like developing games for the 360 and say it is quite easy. The PS3 on the other hand is supposed to have a much more complicated interface with it's 7 different processors and the afforementioned lack of cache. And in console wars the winner is almost always based on games, not hardware.

This part I am not sure if it is true but I have heard it numerous times. The GPU in the PS3 is supposed to be available to PCs within the upcoming months. The one in the XBox however is advanced from this time and shouldn't be seen in a year.

Then we get onto pricing. So the PS3 is a lock to be an extra $100 with games costing $10 more. Yet back to the current consoles. The current Xbox is far and away better than the PS3 but how many games really showed it. Especially games that are ports for both. Developers aren't going to make two seperate programs they will just make one for the lowest system and port it to the next one. Just like current EA games.

The games out right now from EA are garbage. They should get better, but that is in no way Microsofts fault. If this was for the PS3 launch instead of the 360 it would be the exact same case. But there are other games out there that already display excellent graphics and gameplay and these are only in the introduction stage of a new processor design and system that developers are working with. Wait 1 year and then you will see developers really start to harness the systems power and make incredible stuff. Although I wouldn't expect EA to be apart of that.

Games like Call of Duty and Condemened have amazing visuals. The texture mapping is where you see the biggest improvements.

I really want a 360 (I have been playing my friends mostly), and I am really looking forward to the Revolution.

HAIL....I think i already said all this...BUT he said it BETTER !!! :tongue:

xbox 360 SMOKES !!!!!

Agent51
12-18-2005, 05:12 PM

I was just joking dude, lol.

Is that Shaft on your TV?

mor911
12-18-2005, 05:20 PM
I was just joking dude, lol.

Is that Shaft on your TV?
The Mor knows :sidelol:

The movie is Snatch, and that's Franky Four Fingers on the screen. ;)

Joe Flipper
12-19-2005, 01:29 AM
So How does THE MOR like his new 360?

I just pulled the trigger on a SONY SXRD GRAND WEGA KDS-R60 XRB1

oh my...SANTA comes monday :)

mor911
12-19-2005, 01:32 AM
So How does THE MOR like his new 360?

I just pulled the trigger on a SONY SXRD GRAND WEGA KDS-R60 XRB1

oh my...SANTA comes monday :)
The 360's alright. I'm not really that impressed with it. I can definitely see the potential for greatness though. There are a few parts in Perfect Dark and Kameo that make your jaw drop. The future is bright for the 360. Oblivion should be a marvel. Right now it may look like not too much, but I can see the 2nd generation games looking spectacular. ;)

Joe Flipper
12-19-2005, 01:46 AM
The 360's alright. I'm not really that impressed with it. I can definitely see the potential for greatness though. There are a few parts in Perfect Dark and Kameo that make your jaw drop. The future is bright for the 360. Oblivion should be a marvel. Right now it may look like not too much, but I can see the 2nd generation games looking spectacular. ;)

Yeah next years games should RAWK !
one other question....are you playin on HIGH DEF ?

I also like Kameo and PD..there are a few JAW droppers in KONG also...gotta luv fighting those T (V) - REX !!!!!

mor911
12-19-2005, 02:43 AM
Yeah next years games should RAWK !
one other question....are you playin on HIGH DEF ?

I also like Kameo and PD..there are a few JAW droppers in KONG also...gotta luv fighting those T (V) - REX !!!!!
I'm playing on 720p although I can go to 1080i. :evil:

Agent51
12-19-2005, 04:00 AM
The Mor knows :sidelol:

The movie is Snatch, and that's Franky Four Fingers on the screen. ;)

AH. Mor should do me a great favor and rent Test Drive Unlimited when it comes out and give me a review :D . So far that, Oblivion, and that Condemened game are the only ones that interest me on 360, which is why I sold the one I came across instead of keep it. The thing I wanna know about the Test Drive game is if it's like the True Crime series in the sense that it is "real" mapped. The review says it is supposed to be an actual map of the island of Oahu, which is where I live half the year, and I think it'd be so sick to be able to drive around to places I know and stuff in a videogame. It was fun with True Crime Streets of LA (the other half of the year I live jus outside of LA) but I think it'd be even cooler in a Hawai'i setting and with a game like Test Drive instea dof a shooter game. Here's a review, looks awesome:

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651693p1.html

mor911
12-19-2005, 08:18 AM
The Mor has Condemened.... Haven't played it too much becasuse I wanted to finish Perfect Dark un-interupted. But it's an awesome spooky game... Will review it soon. :D

Agent51
12-19-2005, 09:34 AM
The Mor has Condemened.... Haven't played it too much becasuse I wanted to finish Perfect Dark un-interupted. But it's an awesome spooky game... Will review it soon. :D

It looks pretty cool, I haven't played it but I watched my friend play for a few minutes. It's way cooler than Silent Hill and those are prety good scary games.

Joe Flipper
12-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I'm playing on 720p although I can go to 1080i. :evil:

is 1080 i better ?

:confused:

mor911
12-19-2005, 10:59 AM
is 1080 i better ?

:confused:
Well, that depends... It's a higher resolution, but it's still interlaced (you only see 1/2 of the lines actually being generated). So 1080i on TV looks great. But interlaced images still run at 30 frames per second max. On a 720p image, you're getting a full screen (the P stands for Prograssive... meaning you're seeing the entire image) and it runs at 60 frames per second. I prefer 720p for games and 1080i for HDTV viewing... Most people probly won't be able to see the difference between 1080i and 720p.

Joe Flipper
12-19-2005, 12:32 PM
Well, that depends... It's a higher resolution, but it's still interlaced (you only see 1/2 of the lines actually being generated). So 1080i on TV looks great. But interlaced images still run at 30 frames per second max. On a 720p image, you're getting a full screen (the P stands for Prograssive... meaning you're seeing the entire image) and it runs at 60 frames per second. I prefer 720p for games and 1080i for HDTV viewing... Most people probly won't be able to see the difference between 1080i and 720p.

Good info..thanx!
i just hooked up the 360 to my new Sony high def...W O W ! this SXRD GRAND WEGA rocks...my direct tv high def DVR comes today also!!
i will try both 720p and 1080i
i want to check out NFS and Kong next

THANX again MOR :)