PDA

View Full Version : Gamers see glitches in new Xbox 360

BAMAPHIN 22
11-24-2005, 12:59 AM
Microsoft's Xbox 360, the much-anticipated video game system that made its debut earlier this week, is apparently experiencing some technical glitches -- screens freezing only minutes into a game, for example -- and that has left some users pretty upset.

At gamer-oriented Web sites, Xbox 360 owners have reported system crashes in games such as the space-marines-vs.-aliens title Quake 4.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10185201/from/RS.1/

Doktor Ivel
11-24-2005, 01:34 AM
is this the $300 one, or the $400?

A Wing Pilot
11-24-2005, 12:02 PM
owned and played Call of duty 2, madden 2006, perfect dark Zero, Projec Gotham racing 3, 3 xboxlive games, and played halo2 still nto one crash had at least 20 hours of gaming since tuesday

I think there is a patch that needs to be release very quickly.

HowBoutEmFins
11-25-2005, 04:17 PM
sounds like microsoft :)

UltraDol-Fan
11-26-2005, 01:04 AM
is this the $300 one, or the $400?

They are basically the same, one just has a hard drive and some extra cables included.

Predaphin
11-29-2005, 04:10 PM
crazy.....think there'd be a recall if this is in fact true???

Predaphin
11-29-2005, 06:33 PM
confirmed...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20051129/tc_nf/39735

Legendary
11-29-2005, 07:05 PM
funny thing is, I have heard stories of peoples who's xbox 360's have caught fire due to overheating problems.

Joe Flipper
12-12-2005, 12:36 AM
funny thing is, I have heard stories of peoples who's xbox 360's have caught fire due to overheating problems.

BAH !...same o stories...its the GATES HATERS !
this is the story with every launch (ms)

XBOX 360 ROCKS
sony dropped the ball again.......:rofl3:

Agent51
12-12-2005, 07:23 PM

XBOX 360 ROCKS

ummm, ok..........

This is the 2nd post I have seen where you bash sony and praise microsoft. Most people aren't bashing MS here, they are stating a fact, there are problems with some of the new systems, chill the F out dude. I worked at KB Toys when the XBox was launched and there WERE overheating problems, I had three people come back in the first month complaining about it and using their protection plan, so it isn't "stories" made up by the "haters". While I only know of 1 CONFRIMED instance of an actual fire breaking out (not a raging ionferno, but there was a flame), I don't doubt it happened. Relax dude, Sony didn't drop any ball, that can't be said until their system launches and we can compare them. Go play your 360, IF you even have one, and don't post unless you have something constructive to say

Joe Flipper
12-12-2005, 11:22 PM
ummm, ok..........

This is the 2nd post I have seen where you bash sony and praise microsoft. Most people aren't bashing MS here, they are stating a fact, there are problems with some of the new systems, chill the F out dude. I worked at KB Toys when the XBox was launched and there WERE overheating problems, I had three people come back in the first month complaining about it and using their protection plan, so it isn't "stories" made up by the "haters". While I only know of 1 CONFRIMED instance of an actual fire breaking out (not a raging ionferno, but there was a flame), I don't doubt it happened. Relax dude, Sony didn't drop any ball, that can't be said until their system launches and we can compare them. Go play your 360, IF you even have one, and don't post unless you have something constructive to say

ummm I cant post what i want ! ALL systems have problems at launch !
I was just saying alot of people are bashing XBOX 360 (microsoft) for the same stuff that happins during every launch ! its a great system...and yes bro i have one :tongue: ...and my opinion is my opinion...got it :mad:
and sony did drop the ball :confused: !...the new system (ps3) was going to come out the same time as XBOX 360...so when they delay a YEAR...i would say its a F U M B L E !

Agent51
12-13-2005, 12:14 PM
ummm I cant post what i want ! ALL systems have problems at launch !
I was just saying alot of people are bashing XBOX 360 (microsoft) for the same stuff that happins during every launch ! its a great system...and yes bro i have one :tongue: ...and my opinion is my opinion...got it :mad:
and sony did drop the ball :confused: !...the new system (ps3) was going to come out the same time as XBOX 360...so when they delay a YEAR...i would say its a F U M B L E !

You'r eright, you CAN post what you want, but why come on here with immature posts like that? Yea, all systems have probs at launch, so what is your basis is bashing Sony yet praising MS? Personally I think Sony's launches have been much more impressive than Microsoft's. Talk about "fumbling", how is it that companies knew when the 360 was going to be released yet put out half-a$$ed games (see the new madden, which is void of many features, including CREATE-A-PLAYER!) or no games at all (see the very weak launch lineup). This is the "next generation" of gaming, you'd think game companies would bust their *** to put out amazing games for the launch, and if not, Microsoft would wait to launch until there were. In my opinion no matter HOW good the PS3 is (which I personally think will be better than the 360, but I will own both) if Microsoft had launched Halo 3 at the same time as the 360 there would have been no competition. I hate to say it, but that would have KILLED Sony before they had a chance.

mor911
12-13-2005, 12:23 PM
You'r eright, you CAN post what you want, but why come on here with immature posts like that? Yea, all systems have probs at launch, so what is your basis is bashing Sony yet praising MS? Personally I think Sony's launches have been much more impressive than Microsoft's. Talk about "fumbling", how is it that companies knew when the 360 was going to be released yet put out half-a$$ed games (see the new madden, which is void of many features, including CREATE-A-PLAYER!) or no games at all (see the very weak launch lineup). This is the "next generation" of gaming, you'd think game companies would bust their *** to put out amazing games for the launch, and if not, Microsoft would wait to launch until there were. In my opinion no matter HOW good the PS3 is (which I personally think will be better than the 360, but I will own both) if Microsoft had launched Halo 3 at the same time as the 360 there would have been no competition. I hate to say it, but that would have KILLED Sony before they had a chance.
In Microsofts defense, I can't blame them for that... EA is a money grubbing company. That falls completely in their plate. EA KNEW they were releasing madden early w/out certain features, and they didn't care because they knew it'd sell.

The Mor would have loved to see some better games in 360's lineup, but I think Microsoft did a pretty darn good launch. I'm also glad they'll take their time with Halo3.

I'll eventually get a 360 when Oblivion comes out. Oblivion makes The Mor drool :drool:

PeaTearGriffin
12-13-2005, 12:41 PM
I'll eventually get a 360 when Oblivion comes out. Oblivion makes The Mor drool :drool:

that game looks great...but ive never played a elder scrolls game...are the stories connected or is it like FF where each one is different?

mor911
12-13-2005, 01:59 PM
that game looks great...but ive never played a elder scrolls game...are the stories connected or is it like FF where each one is different?
It's like FF in the way that you don't have to have played 1-3 to enjoy 4. But it's much more open ended and free-roaming than FF. :D

Caps
12-13-2005, 05:09 PM
the new system (ps3) was going to come out the same time as XBOX 360...so when they delay a YEAR...i would say its a F U M B L E !

No. Sony never said that PS3 would come out at the same time as 360.

Joe Flipper
12-14-2005, 12:09 AM

huh ? :rofl3:

BOTTOM LINE..I HAVE MY 360...sony who....no ps3 till 07...NOW GET LOST !
ya and check your spelling i am ERIGHT :lol:

Joe Flipper
12-14-2005, 12:13 AM
And please dont get MAD cause i bust on ya...we all have opinions..we ALL are game fans....so lets just enjoy....we all can post with different opinions...dont bust on me with mine......GAME ON BRO !

go fins

Alex44
12-14-2005, 12:15 AM

XBOX 360 ROCKS

PS3 will be better than X-box 360

thats all I have to say

Agent51
12-14-2005, 08:59 PM
huh ? :rofl3:

BOTTOM LINE..I HAVE MY 360...sony who....no ps3 till 07...NOW GET LOST !
ya and check your spelling i am ERIGHT :lol:

Check my spelling, it's called a typo dude. "You're right" with a space one character too early spells "you'r eright".

Good for you with you're 360, I have played it and it's not god's gift to videogames so don't act liek you are a chosen one or something.

PS3 never said it'd be out when XBox 360 was, so you're argument is invalid.

Agent51
12-14-2005, 09:03 PM
And please dont get MAD cause i bust on ya...we all have opinions..we ALL are game fans....so lets just enjoy....we all can post with different opinions...dont bust on me with mine......GAME ON BRO !

go fins

you aren't "busting" on me, your flat out bashing people. It's on thing to joke around with someone but to call people names because "mommy didn't buy em a 360" is uncalled for. There is a such thing as people who didn't WANT a 360 at launch, like myself. Someone who is more attracted to Sony's systems and game lineup than Microsofts. Doesn't mean I think MS is bad, I own an XBox too, I just think Sony fits more of my gaming needs and likes. I will get a 360 for my own personal use (already bought one and sold it for $1,200) eventually, like when the price drops and they actually make games I'm interested in. No point in dropping $400 on one right now when none of the games appeal to me enough to merit a $400 purchase.

Joe Flipper
12-14-2005, 11:27 PM
Check my spelling, it's called a typo dude. "You're right" with a space one character too early spells "you'r eright".

Good for you with you're 360, I have played it and it's not god's gift to videogames so don't act liek you are a chosen one or something.

PS3 never said it'd be out when XBox 360 was, so you're argument is invalid.

There ya go again....Liek :shakeno: !!
Botton line...XBOX 360 is the best game machine on the planet !
As of today....it's GODS GIFT to us SERIOUS Game fans !!!

who did i call names ?

Caps
12-14-2005, 11:46 PM
There ya go again....Liek :shakeno: !!

There should be no spaces between the end of a sentence and an exclamation point.

Botton line...XBOX 360 is the best game machine on the planet !

Botton? Maybe you meant bottom. And you did the space thing again.

As of today....it's GODS GIFT to us SERIOUS Game fans !!!

who did i call names ?

You are attempting to show ownership with GODS. You should have added an apostrophe, God's. And who should be capitalized, being that it is the start of a sentence. i should be capitalized as well. And you did the space thing again twice. Is it fun being corrected by the grammar police? Thats what I thought, so why don't you let up on other people's typos, because it's annoying when you constantly bring it up.

Daytona Fin
12-14-2005, 11:53 PM
sony released the psp this xmas which from what i hear is giving the 360 a run for its money. it wouldnt be wise for sony to release psp and ps3 at the same time. not a lot of people would shell out 600 bucks for both systems

Joe Flipper
12-15-2005, 01:51 AM
There should be no spaces between the end of a sentence and an exclamation point.

You are attempting to show ownership with GODS. You should have added an apostrophe, God's. And who should be capitalized, being that it is the start of a sentence. i should be capitalized as well. And you did the space thing again twice. Is it fun being corrected by the grammar police? Thats what I thought, so why don't you let up on other people's typos, because it's annoying when you constantly bring it up.

GET LOST.......:rofl3: who's talkin 2 u !!!

Joe Flipper
12-15-2005, 01:52 AM
sony released the psp this xmas which from what i hear is giving the 360 a run for its money. it wouldnt be wise for sony to release psp and ps3 at the same time. not a lot of people would shell out 600 bucks for both systems

Not a bad point......:)

thestern
12-15-2005, 03:09 AM
wow... just wow... holy freaking god! This post is about xbox 360 glitches and all I see is talk about the PS3 vs 360. Why can't one just one 360 and PS3 thread stay on its topic of discussion. If there isn't already one why not just make a 360 vs PS3 and rant in there instead?

mor911
12-15-2005, 08:38 AM
wow... just wow... holy freaking god! This post is about xbox 360 glitches and all I see is talk about the PS3 vs 360. Why can't one just one 360 and PS3 thread stay on its topic of discussion. If there isn't already one why not just make a 360 vs PS3 and rant in there instead?
:yeahthat:

Caps
12-15-2005, 11:47 AM
GET LOST.......:rofl3: who's talkin 2 u !!!

No one was talking to you when you decided to bump a week and a half old thread just to go off topic and bash PS3. So I think I'll stay put, thank you very much.

Agent51
12-15-2005, 12:55 PM

THANK YOU dude, for showing his spelling AND grammar mistakes. My mistakes were simply because of fast typing, this guy's are a result of not knowing how to construct sentances.

Caps
12-15-2005, 04:59 PM
THANK YOU dude, for showing his spelling AND grammar mistakes. My mistakes were simply because of fast typing, this guy's are a result of not knowing how to construct sentances.

I got your back bro.

dolphan117
12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Go start a thread in the depths.

Joe Flipper
12-16-2005, 12:39 AM

SENTANCES.....are you kidding me...:rofl3:
get real :tongue:

Agent51
12-16-2005, 05:49 PM
SENTANCES.....are you kidding me...:rofl3:
get real :tongue:

SENTENCES, again, it's called a typo, happens when you type fast, you're post just contains bad grammar period.

Go play your precious XBox 360, fry some more brain cells

Joe Flipper
12-16-2005, 08:28 PM
SENTENCES, again, it's called a typo, happens when you type fast, you're post just contains bad grammar period.

Go play your precious XBox 360, fry some more brain cells

I have it in storage!...i gotta get a HIGH DEF next....when are you gettin your 360 or ya gunna wait?