PDA

View Full Version : UNC Tar Heels Basketball Thread

Amars
11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
why arent they rank in SI top 65 team this year? Just got my magazine and it suprised me they are not mentioned.

MikeO
11-24-2005, 11:57 AM
damn near the entire team is playing in the NBA

byroan
11-24-2005, 12:06 PM
Because they're haters.

QB2RonnieTD23
11-24-2005, 03:21 PM
they lost 4 starters to the draft....even for Lina it's hard for them to get that back

phunwin
11-24-2005, 09:48 PM
Gonna be a rebuilding year in Chapel Hill. The entire starting five and their top sub are gone.

finfansince72
11-25-2005, 10:36 AM
Yea but damn they should still be 63 or 64 right?

GreenMonster
11-25-2005, 11:51 AM
Yea but damn they should still be 63 or 64 right?

No they aren't one of the 65 best teams right now. Give them a while, they are UNC, by the end of the year all of those players will grow up and be playing better ball. Right now UNC couldn't beat Uconn's 2nd team...

dolphinfan2k5
11-25-2005, 02:44 PM
Where was Iowa State at?

DonShula84
11-25-2005, 03:20 PM
Didnt they lose there top 7 scorers from last season? Thought I heard something like that on sportscenter last week.

byroan
11-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Right now UNC couldn't beat Uconn's 2nd team...

Very funny. :rolleyes:

We almost took out Illinois tonight with our freshmen. I hope Kentucky looks at the Heels like you do.

byroan
11-30-2005, 12:12 AM
Didnt they lose there top 7 scorers from last season? Thought I heard something like that on sportscenter last week.

Yep, top 7 scorers and all 5 starters. We're still a top 65 team. I'm sure they have teams like UNC-Charlotte in the top 65.

Amars
11-30-2005, 12:39 AM
nope. No Tarheels

nyjunc
11-30-2005, 12:50 PM
they lost 4 starters to the draft....even for Lina it's hard for them to get that back

Lost all 5 starters and top 7 overall. No Championship team has ever gone through that BUT there is little doubt seeing them play this year they will be a Tourney team. The freshman are excellent and I haven't seen a better group of freshman in CBB yet this year.

Right now UNC couldn't beat Uconn's 2nd team...

Army played a tight game w/ UConn last year and the Heels own UConn, even beat you w/o Sean May in 2003.

GreenMonster
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
Army played a tight game w/ UConn last year and the Heels own UConn, even beat you w/o Sean May in 2003.

We hardly blow teams out so I am just happy to win.. We already proved we are legit playing without our 2nd best player and winning the Maui. UNC has had our # for the last couple of years but our team is stacked this year (missing Bynum also) and your team is starting a whole new team. It won't be long before UNC is back..

NJFINSFAN1
11-30-2005, 11:56 PM
They are still stacked, and will be a top ten team when March comes along! They are young, but watch out!

Roman529
12-01-2005, 01:12 AM
I watched the Tarheels play last night and even though they are young they will be back soon. I find it hard to believe they would not be considered a top 65 team, but they did lose their top 7 scorers.

nyjunc
12-01-2005, 09:03 AM
They are still stacked, and will be a top ten team when March comes along! They are young, but watch out!

I wish you were right but I don't see top 10 at any point. I'll be happy getting to the Tourney.

I watched the Tarheels play last night and even though they are young they will be back soon. I find it hard to believe they would not be considered a top 65 team, but they did lose their top 7 scorers.

There's no doubt we are one of the best 65 but the best 65 don't make the NCAA Tourney b/c of all the automatic bids. I undersatnd why the heels weren't ranked but if they play like they have been they'll be ranked in the next few weeks and if they beat UK Saturday they'll be ranked on Monday.

NJFINSFAN1
12-01-2005, 09:20 AM
I wish you were right but I don't see top 10 at any point. I'll be happy getting to the Tourney.

There's no doubt we are one of the best 65 but the best 65 don't make the NCAA Tourney b/c of all the automatic bids. I undersatnd why the heels weren't ranked but if they play like they have been they'll be ranked in the next few weeks and if they beat UK Saturday they'll be ranked on Monday.

As I told someone, my brother is the swim coach there, he works with the basketball team in the pool for conditioning. He keeps telling me they are loaded with talent, they are just young.

nyjunc
12-01-2005, 09:35 AM
As I told someone, my brother is the swim coach there, he works with the basketball team in the pool for conditioning. He keeps telling me they are loaded with talent, they are just young.

I know they have alot of young talent and I do think they'll be pretty good later in the year but not top 10 good, I hope I'm wrong but I just can't see top 10. If the heels beat UK Sat maybe I'll change my mind but as of now top 10 is a bit of a stretch.

byroan
12-03-2005, 03:18 PM
Down goes KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'm gonna change the title of the thread.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Kentucky is overrated period. They got their pre-season ranking because of who they are (just like OU did this year in football pre-season polls). Carilona will be a solid team this year. They'll lose 10 or 12 games but by the end of the year you will see a lot of their young kids begin to develop. I don't quite think this years class is the class that just graduated 4 first rounders but I think it will be a solid class that will no doubt be a top team by their junior years!

ILPhinFan88
12-03-2005, 05:34 PM
Down goes KENTUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot:

I'm gonna change the title of the thread.

Saw that, Illinois finally pulled it out over Xavier after a horrible start. They were down 19-4 at one time I think.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-03-2005, 07:06 PM
How you gonna start a thread for a team that will struggle to make the NCAA tournament?

GO DUKE UNC *******!

byroan
12-03-2005, 10:42 PM
How you gonna start a thread for a team that will struggle to make the NCAA tournament?

GO DUKE UNC *******!

Feel free to make your own thread for your own team. Trash talk won't be tolerated here.

NJFINSFAN1
12-03-2005, 11:30 PM
As I said, UNC will be a top 10 team before March Madness! You heard it from me first!

nyjunc
12-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Kentucky is overrated period. They got their pre-season ranking because of who they are (just like OU did this year in football pre-season polls). Carilona will be a solid team this year. They'll lose 10 or 12 games but by the end of the year you will see a lot of their young kids begin to develop. I don't quite think this years class is the class that just graduated 4 first rounders but I think it will be a solid class that will no doubt be a top team by their junior years!

Of course they are overrated b/c we beat them at their place but I bet the teams duke have played have been great teams? :lol:

Duke looks alot worse than expected and the heels look alot better but I do know duke will never win a title w/ that choker redick being their go to guy.

As I said, UNC will be a top 10 team before March Madness! You heard it from me first!

I hope you are right but remember we are relying on 4 freshman and eventually they'll hit that wall. Remember how we surprised folks after Stack & wallace left? We were great early on then the 2nd half of the ACC season we struggled, same thing in '99 after losing Carter & jamison early along w/ Shammond.

NJFINSFAN1
12-04-2005, 01:16 PM
I hope you are right but remember we are relying on 4 freshman and eventually they'll hit that wall. Remember how we surprised folks after Stack & wallace left? We were great early on then the 2nd half of the ACC season we struggled, same thing in '99 after losing Carter & jamison early along w/ Shammond.

True, but the also had the big press and pressure that came with it. These kids are under the radar. My brother says they seem to all be good level headed kids also.

nyjunc
12-04-2005, 01:23 PM
True, but the also had the big press and pressure that came with it. These kids are under the radar. My brother says they seem to all be good level headed kids also.

Those teams had very little pressure b/c of the early losses they suffered to the draft. I'm loving what I am seeing so far but there's still alot of work to be done.

phinpunk14
12-06-2005, 01:14 AM

I don't think that we were overrated at the beginning of the year. On paper we looked pretty good considering Rondo and Sparks both played lights out for national teams over the summer. Right now, UK is playing terrible without anyone trying to rebound at all, and we don't deserve to be ranked at all anymore. I guarantee you that by tournament time Tubby will have this team rebounding and winning. Plus, Morris may or may not be back by then.

phinpunk14
12-06-2005, 01:16 AM
and I forgot to mention...
WATCH OUT FOR UNC! Come next year, this team is going to be nuts considering the recruiting class already lined up for next year.

nyjunc
12-07-2005, 08:24 AM

I bet you thought IU was a grat team and a great win for duke? IU just lost to Indiana State last night. face it this duke team came into the year vastkly overrated, they aren't anywhere as good as last year's duke team.

Ferretsquig
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
I bet you thought IU was a grat team and a great win for duke? IU just lost to Indiana State last night. face it this duke team came into the year vastkly overrated, they aren't anywhere as good as last year's duke team.

I wouldnt go that far. Ewing was a much better player than most gave him credit for but that team is loaded. I dont understand coach k has Reddick take that many shots though, since hes so erratic. Texas and UConn certainly have played better early on but can you really see any ACC team challenging Duke for the title this year? Most expect a 30 win season and they are probably right.

byroan
12-07-2005, 02:28 PM
Duke fan...your post was moved to the depths. I already told you that trash talk won't be tolerated in this thread. Saying a team is overrated is not trash talk. Calling a team and someone wack is.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Give me a break man. How can you have a Carilona thread and not allow Duke fans to spit the truth?

byroan
12-07-2005, 02:36 PM
Give me a break man. How can you have a Carilona thread and not allow Duke fans to spit the truth?

I already told you that you could make your own thread. Your opinion is not the truth.

nyjunc
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
I wouldnt go that far. Ewing was a much better player than most gave him credit for but that team is loaded. I dont understand coach k has Reddick take that many shots though, since hes so erratic. Texas and UConn certainly have played better early on but can you really see any ACC team challenging Duke for the title this year? Most expect a 30 win season and they are probably right.

This team may have mor talent but it's no nearly as good as last year's team. Paulus & McRoberts have struggled a bit and if they live up to their hype then this team will be better but Ewing was their best all around player and Melchionni was playing much better and Shav was basically giving them what McRoberts has given them- some extra fouls and rebounding.

Ferretsquig
12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
I dont argue that they are playing better I just dont see a team in the ACC that is any better skill wise. Its not like they will go undefeated through conference play but there is a decent gap between them and BC, state, UNC, Maryland, and the rest.

But if Reddick has one of those games like he consistantly had against Manuel, barely making a third of his shots, then any of those teams can win. I just cant find the next Manuel on this Carolina roster. Noel did hold Reddick scoreless in the short period that he guarded him. Unfortunately hes also the only good post defender that we have.

nyjunc
12-07-2005, 06:35 PM
I dont argue that they are playing better I just dont see a team in the ACC that is any better skill wise. Its not like they will go undefeated through conference play but there is a decent gap between them and BC, state, UNC, Maryland, and the rest.

But if Reddick has one of those games like he consistantly had against Manuel, barely making a third of his shots, then any of those teams can win. I just cant find the next Manuel on this Carolina roster. Noel did hold Reddick scoreless in the short period that he guarded him. Unfortunately hes also the only good post defender that we have.

I definitely agree duke will win the ACC but a team loaded like this K usualyl has playing great basketball and this duke team has looked anything but against a very weak schedule.

As for the next Jackie, it's going to be Ginyard. He's Jackie w/ some offense.

FinsNYanksFan13
12-07-2005, 08:17 PM

Oh my bad, I forgot junk, UNC losing to Santa Clara in November last year really stopped them from winning it all so I expect Duke to have no chance since they've struggled early on LMAO :lol:!

byroan
12-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Hansbrough is just dominating SLU tonight.

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2005, 09:12 AM

Yeah, I watched the game last night! Noel been playing well also.

nyjunc
12-08-2005, 09:35 AM
Oh my bad, I forgot junk, UNC losing to Santa Clara in November last year really stopped them from winning it all so I expect Duke to have no chance since they've struggled early on LMAO :lol:!

Once again, after that game(in which we played w/o Felton and w/ a freshman PG not ready to play) the heels tore through their sched(a much tougher sched than what duke has faced or will face) and didn't lose again until nearly 2 mos later. The biggest difference is against weak competition duke has yet to look good(except against Might SH) and that has to be alarming for non-duke homers.

nyjunc
12-08-2005, 10:07 AM

Hansbrough is going to be a star, I just hope he hangs around for 1 more year to play w/ next year's class and get us back to the FF. He is so much better than McRoberts right now that they aren't even comparable and McRoberts has much more experienced talent around him. obviously Hansbrough is goin to have better #s but watching the 2 play they aren't even close. McRoberts looks like the next Newton/Burgess/Thompson/Shav. :lol:

This team is so young that they will win some gams they shouldn't(UK) and lose some games they should which makes last nigth's W very impressive. Playing a lower rung team they easily could have lost focus. I was very impressed w/ SL, that Freshman Liddell is a damn good player.

Ferretsquig
12-08-2005, 12:17 PM
Hansbrough is going to be a star, I just hope he hangs around for 1 more year to play w/ next year's class and get us back to the FF. He is so much better than McRoberts right now that they aren't even comparable and McRoberts has much more experienced talent around him.

No worries on that one....Hansbrough is going to be around for a while. NBA teams dont draft undersized, hard working post players. It wouldnt matter what the two players did this year, McRoberts still would be the higher drafted player.....simply for his ability to shoot and handle the ball.

This recruiting class was great....reminicent of the Heinrich/Collison combo Roy had at Kansas. Both should be great college players yet not flashy enough to have people asking them if they are going pro every year. The one thing that was always annoying about Felton and McCants was that they were NBA players the minute they walked into Smith center. UNC was just a place to showcase their talents and drive up their draft stock.

nyjunc
12-08-2005, 02:37 PM
No worries on that one....Hansbrough is going to be around for a while. NBA teams dont draft undersized, hard working post players. It wouldnt matter what the two players did this year, McRoberts still would be the higher drafted player.....simply for his ability to shoot and handle the ball.

I disagree, McRoberts has shown very little while hansborugh has shown a tenacity and some good low post moves. McRob is very slight and he has shown little toughness, he'll get eaten alive at the next level until he gets tougher. Ty isn't ready yet eaither but his toughness would allow him to compete and he'd be drafted higher based on that and what he has shown so far. Remember before Shave got to Durham he was considered an NBA Lottery pick too and he has all the skils McRob has.

This recruiting class was great....reminicent of the Heinrich/Collison combo Roy had at Kansas. Both should be great college players yet not flashy enough to have people asking them if they are going pro every year. The one thing that was always annoying about Felton and McCants was that they were NBA players the minute they walked into Smith center. UNC was just a place to showcase their talents and drive up their draft stock.

Yeah but playing and playing well at UNC will always get the NBA questions. I think Ty is a 2 yr player but I would not be shocked if he left after this year IF the year continues to go the way it has so far for him. No one expected JR Smith to go to the NBA either and everyone thougt May was a 4 yr guy- things change. Obviously I hope you are right b/c if they are 3-4 year guys they may leave w/ not 1 but 2 titles(at least 2 FFs) so we'll see what happens.

Ferretsquig
12-08-2005, 04:30 PM
Yeah but playing and playing well at UNC will always get the NBA questions. I think Ty is a 2 yr player but I would not be shocked if he left after this year IF the year continues to go the way it has so far for him. No one expected JR Smith to go to the NBA either and everyone thougt May was a 4 yr guy- things change. Obviously I hope you are right b/c if they are 3-4 year guys they may leave w/ not 1 but 2 titles(at least 2 FFs) so we'll see what happens.

People leave early b/c of talent...not what they do on the court. The rare exceptions are players like May, and that was only b/c he was so dominant against the best post players in the ncaa. JR Smith is the perfect example of the early entry. Hes an amazing dunker and a lousy basketball player.

Hansbrough is staying...there is just no reason to question it. He would have to make a post-season run like May's in order to be considered lottery material. And this team is feisty, but it has no shot of making a run in the tourney. When was the last time a white kid went pro early and got drafted? I really doubt Tyler is that stupid.

nyjunc
12-08-2005, 05:48 PM
People leave early b/c of talent...not what they do on the court. The rare exceptions are players like May, and that was only b/c he was so dominant against the best post players in the ncaa. JR Smith is the perfect example of the early entry. Hes an amazing dunker and a lousy basketball player.

yeah but some guys are rated so high coming out and turn out to not be that good and their draft stock goes from very high out of HS and drops each year such as w/ Shav. He wasn't drafted b/c he was exposed in College(and poisoned by K) but he would have been had he declared out of HS.

Hansbrough is staying...there is just no reason to question it. He would have to make a post-season run like May's in order to be considered lottery material. And this team is feisty, but it has no shot of making a run in the tourney. When was the last time a white kid went pro early and got drafted? I really doubt Tyler is that stupid.

That HS kid that was supposed to go to USC last year, I forget his name.

Ferretsquig
12-08-2005, 11:46 PM
yeah but some guys are rated so high coming out and turn out to not be that good and their draft stock goes from very high out of HS and drops each year such as w/ Shav. He wasn't drafted b/c he was exposed in College(and poisoned by K) but he would have been had he declared out of HS.

Thats the point in the McRoberts vs Tyler debate. McRoberts can score 5 pts a game and Tyler can put in 15, McRoberts is still getting drafted higher. He may be a complete bust, but hes a big guy who can handle and shoot. Ability and potential always trumps production in the NBA, its why we have Telfair as a starting point in the NBA while Ed Cota has been wandering around Europe.

I dont know how good Tyler will be...but someone described as "hard working" and "fundamental" doesnt get drafted as an underclassman.

nyjunc
12-09-2005, 09:40 AM
Thats the point in the McRoberts vs Tyler debate. McRoberts can score 5 pts a game and Tyler can put in 15, McRoberts is still getting drafted higher. He may be a complete bust, but hes a big guy who can handle and shoot. Ability and potential always trumps production in the NBA, its why we have Telfair as a starting point in the NBA while Ed Cota has been wandering around Europe.

those are different scenarios, while Ed was a successful college player he wasn't quick enough, didn't play D and couldn't shoot and that's why he's not in the NBA. If McRoberts keeps playing like this like Shav did his stock will continue to drop.

I dont know how good Tyler will be...but someone described as "hard working" and "fundamental" doesnt get drafted as an underclassman.

You make it sound like he's not talented b/c he works hard? He definitely has NBA talent, I'm not saying he'll be a star but he's an NBA player and has NBA tools and if he can be a big time player at UNC w/ the tolls he has he'll be able to leave whenever he wants. Remember there were rumors about him and the draft last year too.

Ferretsquig
12-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Well we shall see. The only way I could envision him drawing any interest from the NBA is if he can play like May did against Williams. I think that 21-15 night May had was what put him on the NBA radar screens. But he still needed great performances in the tourney to move into the lottery. I dont see Tyler having the chance to do much in the tourney so the games against Duke and Wake are his showcases. But an undersized PF who cant shoot getting drafted.....I just dont see it happening.

byroan
12-14-2005, 04:18 AM
Rematch this Sat. night against Santa Clara. It's payback time.

nyjunc
12-14-2005, 07:45 AM
Rematch this Sat. night against Santa Clara. It's payback time.

It better be payback time, hopefully they can play like they did in the 2nd half against SL not like they did in the 1st half.

nyjunc
12-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Heels beat Santa Clara 76-58

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/479673.html

Also, texas was crushed again this time at home to unranked Tennessee and UK beat up #4 Louisville.

Jt0323
12-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Lets Go Heels!!!!!!!!

byroan
12-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Heels beat Santa Clara 76-58

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/479673.html

Also, texas was crushed again this time at home to unranked Tennessee and UK beat up #4 Louisville.

Yep, second half was all Carolina. We may have a team full of freshman but they sure do love the game of basketball. Their hustle is amazing. You can tell they want to win the game. It's going to be an interesting season.

NJFINSFAN1
12-19-2005, 03:05 PM
Yep, second half was all Carolina. We may have a team full of freshman but they sure do love the game of basketball. Their hustle is amazing. You can tell they want to win the game. It's going to be an interesting season.

Yep! My brother just came home for Christmas with all kinds of good nike Carolina stuff for me that he gets for coaching!

Got a nice fleese, a pull over jacket, winter hat etc..

I'm all carolina blue!!!!

nyjunc
12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Yep! My brother just came home for Christmas with all kinds of good nike Carolina stuff for me that he gets for coaching!

Got a nice fleese, a pull over jacket, winter hat etc..

I'm all carolina blue!!!!

Send some of that stuff my way :D

byroan
12-20-2005, 02:02 AM
Hook me up too!!

At least I can find UNC stuff easily since I live here. :D

byroan
12-22-2005, 12:45 AM
USC is giving us a game. 37-36 UNC right now in the second half.

byroan
12-22-2005, 01:16 AM
We're in foul trouble. USC is trying to run away with it. 58-51

byroan
12-22-2005, 01:31 AM
USC is on fire from 3 pt range.

byroan
12-22-2005, 01:37 AM
WTF? They act like this is a big upset. Our young players were exposed.

Ferretsquig
12-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Is that Ndiaye related to the one that played one inglorious season with the heels?

Anyways...ugly sloppy game. The team just isnt good enough to win when they have an off night shooting either. Its going to be live or die from the three point line all season.

nyjunc
12-22-2005, 09:27 AM
WTF? They act like this is a big upset. Our young players were exposed.

I like that theys tormed the vourt, it's a sign of respect. For a few years there no one was storming the court after they beat us.

Ugly, ugly game but not unexpected. W/ such a young team they are going to have nights like that. They were just out of it from the beginning, they got outhustled all night which is the first time all year I have seen that then the 3's just wouldn't stop dropping. They all weren't open looks either, phenomenal shooting by USC.

The worst part of the loss was having to stay up until 12:30AM to watch it. I hate West Coast games!

Is that Ndiaye related to the one that played one inglorious season with the heels?

No relation to Mahktar and he actually played 2 years there '96-'97 & '97-'98.

byroan
12-23-2005, 05:00 AM
I like that theys tormed the vourt, it's a sign of respect. For a few years there no one was storming the court after they beat us.

Yeah, I didn't mind them storming the court. It's the annoucers that were annoying me. I know it was an upset but they made it sound like we still had our team from last year.

nyjunc
12-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Yeah, I didn't mind them storming the court. It's the annoucers that were annoying me. I know it was an upset but they made it sound like we still had our team from last year.

those guys are West Coast pac 10 announcers so its natural they'd get excited when a WC team beats a name like UNC even though everyone knows they aren't anywhere near as good as last yar.

byroan
01-07-2006, 11:16 PM
State got a beatdown. :)

nyjunc
01-08-2006, 09:11 AM
State got a beatdown. :)

That was an aamzing #, that yesterday was only the 2nd time in 31 years that Satte has played UNC and been ranked higher. Great ACC opener for the Heels, need to hold serve at home. On to a tough game at Va tech on Tuesday.

Ferretsquig
01-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Nice game....some great defense being played. I thought state was better than that...they certainly dont deserve to be ranked 13th. Can anyone beat the dukies in the ACC? I dont know much about BC, but I dont see any other team in the ACC that can challenge em. Of course @UNC will always be a good game, but I dont see the heels knocking them off.

byroan
01-08-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm hoping Wake can pull something off against them tonight. Redick has 16 points right now. Don't these teams know that you have to gameplan against him?

nyjunc
01-09-2006, 08:34 AM
I'm hoping Wake can pull something off against them tonight. Redick has 16 points right now. Don't these teams know that you have to gameplan against him?

it's aamzing how they are not ready for him to shoot, at least 50% of the time he touches it he shoots and they just gave him too much space outside. Good win for duke but Wake stinks, that PG dukes is awful.

Ferretsquig
01-10-2006, 11:18 PM
Tywon Lawson can come quickly enough. Its becoming quite apparent that he, and not Quentin or Frasor, is the successor to Felton. They almost let a lousy team beat them b/c the guards cant handle. They might get up to 10-15th in the country just b/c there is an easy stretch in the schedule, but it doesnt look like they will get very far in the tourney.

That being said, this is going to be some team next year. Teach the freshman swingmen how to shoot, get a true point guard, and have the manchild Wright be the spark Marvin was. Mabey not national championship contenders, but at least able to beat up on dook. Last years win is not enough.....its tough to wipe out the bad taste of dook dominance over the Doherty era. I want to go back to the days when we were final four contenders every year. :)

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2006, 11:24 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

nyjunc
01-11-2006, 07:09 AM
Tywon Lawson can come quickly enough. Its becoming quite apparent that he, and not Quentin or Frasor, is the successor to Felton. They almost let a lousy team beat them b/c the guards cant handle. They might get up to 10-15th in the country just b/c there is an easy stretch in the schedule, but it doesnt look like they will get very far in the tourney.

That being said, this is going to be some team next year. Teach the freshman swingmen how to shoot, get a true point guard, and have the manchild Wright be the spark Marvin was. Mabey not national championship contenders, but at least able to beat up on dook. Last years win is not enough.....its tough to wipe out the bad taste of dook dominance over the Doherty era. I want to go back to the days when we were final four contenders every year. :)

Lousy team? Va Tech can play especially now they are completely healthy and especially in Blacksburg. That was an enxcellent win last night. yes we turned it over alot but that's going to happen from time to time especially on the road. Duke had 15 TOs at home against Va Tech and Witherspoon was hurt and barely played. he had 4 pts in that game compared to 17 last night. This Tech team is very dangerous.

W/ that being said obviously we don't have a real PG. Thomas is a turnover machine and Frasor can get sloppy but overall Frasor does a good job. Next year this team will definitely be title contender, actually one of the favorites. Adding that class to the experience of this young team and they'll definitely be near the top and should have little problem w/ due as they lose alot and have a decent, not great, class coming in.

nyjunc
01-11-2006, 07:14 AM

I barely recognice that pic, oh yea that's the always overrated team that has gotten beyond the sweet 16 just 4 times in 11 years inclusding 3 tims as a 1 seed. Here's the latest:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/01/209443-1.jpg

Ferretsquig
01-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Well I came away very unimpressed....with both teams. Va Tech plays hard on defense and does have some atheletes, but their offense is just brutal. There just isnt a consistant post presense and noone can shoot. About half their points were created by their defense. Mabey they can win a couple games against the bottom feeders of the ACC like Virginia, FSU, or Miami but they arent going anywhere.

Speaking of brutal offenses....whoever came up with the idea that BC deserved to be ranked that high? They just got dominated in the first 10 minutes of the second half, then just decided to give up and let state blow em out for the rest of the game. I dont see how they are going to be able to beat teams like Carolina let alone challenge duke for the ACC. Stagnant offense, no real three point threats, and a reliance on a post player whos generously listed at 6'7. Duke will eat em alive.

nyjunc
01-11-2006, 05:01 PM
Both teams played pretty poorly but it was a pretty gutty performance on the road in a tough place to win especially for such a young team. Not every win has to be pretty.

byroan
01-11-2006, 05:39 PM

DolphinDevil28
01-12-2006, 01:42 AM

:lol: Good one.

How about this:

"I don't give a s*** about North Carolina."

nyjunc
01-12-2006, 07:47 AM

Ferretsquig
01-12-2006, 02:31 PM

ah the declining admission standards of Duke rears its ugly head....terp fans are a strange lot though..

byroan
01-13-2006, 12:21 AM
:lol: Good one.

How about this:

"I don't give a s*** about North Carolina."

He made up for it quite nicely. :D

DolphinDevil28
01-13-2006, 01:13 AM

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I capitulate. That is awesome. I cannot beat that.

:lol:

Dolphin1184
01-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Hell yeah MIAMI. ITS ALL ABOUT THE U BABY!!!!!

RWhitney014
01-14-2006, 03:41 PM
Looks like a hurricane just hit Chapel Hill! C-A-N-E-S!!!

K-train
01-14-2006, 04:54 PM
lol @ the Tar heel fans overlooking the Canes.

Ferretsquig
01-14-2006, 11:10 PM
Some inconsistancy. I know people will say Miami has the chance to beat any1 with those guards jacking up threes all game.....but carolina had them well in control. They had a couple wild threes at the end of the shot clock which went in but overall they were held in check. What killed the heels was the two big men consistantly beating Terry and Hansborough on the offensive glass. Roy is gonna have them spend half of practice re-learning how to box out.

Roman529
01-15-2006, 01:36 AM
Canes win in the Dean Dome. :D

byroan
01-15-2006, 01:38 AM

Yeah, we all over looked them. :rolleyes:

nyjunc
01-17-2006, 08:17 AM

No Heel fan should overlook any opponent, this team is talented but very young and will be inconsistent. We played horribly but it also didn't help that the officials treated Miami like they were duke.

byroan
01-19-2006, 10:55 PM
So much for being in the top 25 for awhile. Another loss tonight @ VA.

Ferretsquig
01-20-2006, 12:52 AM
No way they can win if the scorers arent hitting the threes. None of the frosh can shoot...Terry, Noel, and Wes have to provide the scoring. They all sucked tonight. Its about time to start looking to the next season. Duke and state games are always fun but this team isnt going anywhere.

nyjunc
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
No way they can win if the scorers arent hitting the threes. None of the frosh can shoot...Terry, Noel, and Wes have to provide the scoring. They all sucked tonight. Its about time to start looking to the next season. Duke and state games are always fun but this team isnt going anywhere.

There's still alot of games left in the year, it's too early to worry about next year/ I think people got ahead of themsleves after the good start but they must realize this team is very young and it wasn't going to play like that all year. It's frustrating to lose but it was all worth it b/c of what they did last year, I still enjoy wacthng the young guys grow but I am already tired of Danny Green. This guy is supposed to be a shooter and he misses wide open shot after wide open shot- if they were close I'd be ok w/ it but every shot bricks worse than the one before.

Ferretsquig
01-20-2006, 10:26 AM
Hes a freshman....Felton was a great shooter in high school but it took three years before he started making them in college. The one positive thing is that every player Roy has coached has learned how to shoot. Anyway Green and Ginyard were brought in b/c they were atheletes, not great players. Neither can do much other than run the break and play defense.

nyjunc
01-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Hes a freshman....Felton was a great shooter in high school but it took three years before he started making them in college. The one positive thing is that every player Roy has coached has learned how to shoot. Anyway Green and Ginyard were brought in b/c they were atheletes, not great players. Neither can do much other than run the break and play defense.

Green is not a great athlete, he's very slow footed. he was brought in as a shooter and he can't shoot. I wouldn't have a problem if he was close but he is missing badly. I know he'll get better but it's been frustrating so far hearing how great a shooter this guy is and he comes in and is shooting 22% from 3. Serge Zwikker had a better 3P % than Danny and he's not taking tough 3's he's missing wide open 3's.

Ferretsquig
01-20-2006, 01:25 PM
Well I dont know who decided he was a shooter....in his senior year at St. Marys he didnt shoot the three all that often and when he did he was under 40%. In contrast players like Felton hit over 50% when at Latta. As for being slow-footed, I havnt seen that either....all I know is he can jump.

nyjunc
01-20-2006, 03:39 PM
Well I dont know who decided he was a shooter....in his senior year at St. Marys he didnt shoot the three all that often and when he did he was under 40%. In contrast players like Felton hit over 50% when at Latta. As for being slow-footed, I havnt seen that either....all I know is he can jump.

To me he looks like Jason Capel part II, capel became a good shooter by the end of his career and hopefully Green does as well.

Ferretsquig
01-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Thats a good comparison.....if he turns into a smaller version of Capel I'd be estatic. I'm guessing Roy will refine his role, like he did with Manuel. Take away the dribble penetration which is ugly as hell and put him in a well defined role. If he cant master something hes going to be pushed to the bench by next year's class.

nyjunc
01-22-2006, 10:10 AM
Hopefully he doesn't have the Sr year Capel had :D :(

Another toug game today, they always struggle a bit at Tallahassee. A win today could restore some much needed confidence but a loss and the tailspin continues.

nyjunc
01-23-2006, 10:04 AM
It wasn't pretty but they eeked out a 1 pt win at Tallahassee. Up next is BC at home, hopefully we get start a new win streak.

byroan
01-24-2006, 02:36 PM
I thought it was a good game. I'm glad we pulled it out.

nyjunc
01-26-2006, 09:02 AM
I couldn't watch the game as it wasn't on TV up here but I listened to it on the radio and it appears BC beat us b/c they had their way inside and b/c we turned it over too mant times as usual. This team is ina danger zone, what once looked like a sure NCAA bid is getting shakier. The sched doesnn't get too kind in the coming weeks w/ Arizona, at MD, Clemson, Duke and at Miami coming up. We will need at least 3 wins in that span and it's goiing to be very difficult to get 3.

Ferretsquig
01-26-2006, 10:58 AM
They threw at least 3 different guys at Tyler and he dominated them all. Its a pity his effort went to waste. Again the lack of a point guard came back to haunt em, Frasor just isnt a point, he would be much better playing the 2 and having someone else set him up. Quentin Thomas....I dont know what you say about that guy. He looks like hes in great shape, and does have ball handling skills....but for whatever reason he turns it over. Whether its dribbling off his foot or throwing errant passes, hes not the answer at point either. Wes Miller is probably the best point guard out there.

I feel sorry for the seniors Sanders and Noel, but this team doesnt have much of a chance. Oddly enough I think they do have the best shot of any ACC team in knocking off Duke, since Hansbrough seems to be able to get any big man in foul trouble and they have plenty of long atheletic bodies to throw at Reddick. The problem remains the press and whether they can figure out how to handle it.

byroan
01-29-2006, 10:08 PM
:woot:

#2 Lady Heels go into Cameron Indoor and upset the #1 Devils. Awesome game. Duke dominated the whole first half but in the second half Latta was just too much for them.

nyjunc
01-30-2006, 08:47 AM
They threw at least 3 different guys at Tyler and he dominated them all. Its a pity his effort went to waste. Again the lack of a point guard came back to haunt em, Frasor just isnt a point, he would be much better playing the 2 and having someone else set him up. Quentin Thomas....I dont know what you say about that guy. He looks like hes in great shape, and does have ball handling skills....but for whatever reason he turns it over. Whether its dribbling off his foot or throwing errant passes, hes not the answer at point either. Wes Miller is probably the best point guard out there.

Tyler is doing a much better job of kicking out of the DT, if the perimeter guys can knock down the 3 a little more conssitently this team can win alot of games.

I feel sorry for the seniors Sanders and Noel, but this team doesnt have much of a chance

They have a Nat'l Championship, there's no reason to feel sorry for them.

#2 Lady Heels go into Cameron Indoor and upset the #1 Devils. Awesome game. Duke dominated the whole first half but in the second half Latta was just too much for them.

I saw alot of the 2nd half, I am not a Women's basketball fan but I love watching Latta play. I watched alot of their late season and tourney games last year and they have a very fun team to watch. In '93 the men won the title then in '94 the Women won the tile so maybe we can go '05 to '06?

byroan
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Straight up domination of Maryland tonight. 20+ TO's and we still came out with a 15 point win.

nyjunc
02-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Straight up domination of Maryland tonight. 20+ TO's and we still came out with a 15 point win.

Big time win, that's 2 great games in a row. We need to keep it up and not allow Clemson to end the streak tomorrow. Ever since I criticized danny Green he has been playing very well so I take partial credit for motivating him:D If Terry can play consistently well(like he has the ability to do) this team could do some damage in March but he has a great game thn follows it up w/ a mediocore-bad game. Hopefully he can find that consistency.

byroan
02-04-2006, 07:11 PM
BRING ON DUKE!

FSU almost took them out earlier today. UNC is on a roll.

Tar Phin
02-04-2006, 07:17 PM
BRING ON DUKE!

You could take out the"almost" if the refs would have called a half decent game today. This stat says it all:

Fouls: FSU 42, Duke 11

That double technical involving She-Will may be the worst call I've ever seen. Oh well, Let's Go Heels on Tuesday!!

byroan
02-04-2006, 07:20 PM
You could take out the"almost" if the refs would have called a half decent game today. This stat says it all:

That double technical involving She-Will may be the worst call I've ever seen. Oh well, Let's Go Heels on Tuesday!!

Oh I know. I watched it. Fouls always were in Duke's favor. They ended up finishing with only 2 refs.

Nappy Roots
02-04-2006, 07:39 PM

exactly man. i couldnt believe that ****, over and over horrible calls. how could that Tech been called when johnson threw his hands up before williams even went over to him!

DolphinDevil28
02-04-2006, 08:42 PM
BRING ON DUKE!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes2

Duke will beat North Carolina by 20. And remember this post when it comes gametime.

byroan
02-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... :rolleyes2

Duke will beat North Carolina by 20. And remember this post when it comes gametime.

Oh please. I will remember this post. And don't try deleting it after the loss either.

DolphinDevil28
02-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh please. I will remember this post. And don't try deleting it after the loss either.

You can bet I won't.

You really think Duke will come out lathargic against their most bitter rival, the defending champs, like they did against FSU?

I don't think so.

byroan
02-04-2006, 09:51 PM
You can bet I won't.

You really think Duke will come out lathargic against their most bitter rival, the defending champs, like they did against FSU?

I don't think so.

Lathargic? :sidelol:

Don't expect the refs help in this game.

DolphinDevil28
02-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Lathargic? :sidelol:

Don't expect the refs help in this game.

Come on Byron. I know you know sports. Don't let the bias get in the way. I am perfectly fine admitting UNC was the most talented and best team last year, and it showed.

You are crazy if you think UNC can hang with Duke this year.

byroan
02-04-2006, 10:56 PM
Come on Byron. I know you know sports. Don't let the bias get in the way. I am perfectly fine admitting UNC was the most talented and best team last year, and it showed.

You are crazy if you think UNC can hang with Duke this year.
You have no choice but to admit it because we were national champs. Anything else is just denial. Duke hasn't done anything yet. All they do is get help from the refs. It happened in the game against BC as well. Kinda funny how it's always Shelden Williams involved.

You're crazy if you think it's going to be a blowout. 20 points? :sidelol:

DolphinDevil28
02-04-2006, 11:00 PM
You have no choice but to admit it because we were national champs. Anything else is just denial. Duke hasn't done anything yet. All they do is get help from the refs. It happened in the game against BC as well. Kinda funny how it's always Shelden Williams involved.

You're crazy if you think it's going to be a blowout. 20 points? :sidelol:

Typical Carolina fan rhetoric.

I can't wait till Tuesday night.

King Felix
02-05-2006, 02:13 AM
duke=get help by officials unc=greatest of all time

FinsNYanksFan13
02-06-2006, 10:44 AM
Carilona is improving and looking better, but Duke is squashing them this week!

Ferretsquig
02-06-2006, 04:23 PM
If Shelden Williams is put in foul trouble anyone can beat Duke. Without him in the game they are a lousy defensive team. It just remains to be seen how the officials call it. Both Williams and Hansbrough are physical players and like to initiate contact.

Of course it wont be a blowout....I doubt UNC will win but Duke/Carolina games are always close. They do have a few things in their favor though. Duke has no depth....and if you get the frontcourt in foul trouble they dont have much to go to. They also wont want to run all game with a Carolina squad that goes 9 deep. The Heels have a real shot if they can keep it close and keep the game going at a frenetic pace.

The thing I wonder is whos going to man up on Reddick? Miller is the best perimeter defender but Reddick can shoot over him. I would love to see Noel go at him but hes got to guard McRoberts. Not to advocate dirty play but I would like to see someone give him a forearm to the jaw the first time his slow *** tries to drive into the lane. It pisses me off that he gets an automatic call every time he puts the ball on the floor.

byroan
02-06-2006, 09:27 PM
Typical Carolina fan rhetoric.

Really?

ACC suspends crew for call in Florida State-Duke game

The referees who worked the Florida State-Duke game were suspended for one game Monday for what the league said was an unnecessary technical foul on a Seminoles player.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AsI8fjHKwWvyB7XIEE.L_c3evbYF?slug=ap-accofficials-suspended&prov=ap&type=lgns

Tar Phin
02-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Not my work, but pretty much sums up how I feel today.

To all my fellow Tar Heels:

We are Carolina.

So as you settle in to watch tonight's game, whether in Seattle or
Shanghai, Wake County or West Jefferson, LA or NYC, keep in mind that
still, as ever, we're in this thing together, and we're bound across these
many miles by that which outsiders simply do not understand: a deep,
profound, fiery, spitting hatred of all things Dook.

Start now, this morning, and begin prepping yourself for victory. Begin to
focus. Rearrange your schedule if you must, but resolve to get to your
chosen game venue in plenty of time. Drink fluids - lots of fluids. And
start building your outrage:

Think about Ratface and how it's all about him.

Think about how the soulless *******s named a "center of leadership and
ethics" after him. Think about how they're actually proud of this.

Think about Redick's off-arm push-off on every other drive. Think about how
Vitale and Patrick will sing his praises to the highest heavens.

Think about Paulus' off-arm push-off on EVERY drive. Think about his
f---ing stupid black sweatband.

Think about SheWill, and the fouls they won't call on him. Try not to be
scared by his gargantuan forehead or unnervingly engorged eyes. Think about
how he'll be allowed to assault Hansbrough, and how he won't be made to pay
for it by the referees.

Think about how dook will be allowed to slap, bump, and dive on every
defensive possession.

offensive possession.

Think about how Sean Dockery will go flying across the court to "save" a
loose ball that's 35 feet away. Think about how hard, and with what primal
enthusiasm, his teammates will subsequently embrace him.

Think about Montross' bloody face.

Think about Stack's baseline dunk.

Think about Dahntay Jones' uncalled, three-stitch-producing face scrape on
the great Raymond Felton.

Think about how, after that incident, Dook scrub Andre Buckner PUSHED OUR
COACH WITH TWO HANDS, ON TELEVISION, IN FRONT OF MILLIONS OF VIEWERS, and
not only did not receive a technical, but was praised afterwards by Ratface
as a "peacemaker." (I still can't believe this happened. Leadership and
ethics, my f---ing @ss.)

Think about Wojo. Think about his pansy @ss slapping the floor at "Coach K
Court".

And think about Chris Collins.

Mother. F---ing. Chris. Collins.

Kyle's boy.

More than anything, begin this fine morning and start remembering how much
you hate Dook. Get yourself into a gnarled, throbbing, full rolling boil of
hate. Tell your Dook co-workers to eat $hit and die. Tell everyone you meet
to eat $hit and die. Sit someplace dark for a while if you can, to organize
the your tangled hatred into a single coherent mantra. Let it guide you.
Let
the hate permeate every cell in your Carolina blue soul until you are one
giant biomass of I Hate dook.

And take that to the game/bar/living room, yell like you mean it, and get
ready to win.

Cause it's game day, and we're the National Champions.

GO HEELS!!!

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:22 PM
Not my work, but pretty much sums up how I feel today.

To all my fellow Tar Heels:

We are Carolina.

So as you settle in to watch tonight's game, whether in Seattle or
Shanghai, Wake County or West Jefferson, LA or NYC, keep in mind that
still, as ever, we're in this thing together, and we're bound across these
many miles by that which outsiders simply do not understand: a deep,
profound, fiery, spitting hatred of all things Dook.

Start now, this morning, and begin prepping yourself for victory. Begin to
focus. Rearrange your schedule if you must, but resolve to get to your
chosen game venue in plenty of time. Drink fluids - lots of fluids. And
start building your outrage:

Think about Ratface and how it's all about him.

Think about how the soulless *******s named a "center of leadership and
ethics" after him. Think about how they're actually proud of this.

Think about Redick's off-arm push-off on every other drive. Think about how
Vitale and Patrick will sing his praises to the highest heavens.

Think about Paulus' off-arm push-off on EVERY drive. Think about his
f---ing stupid black sweatband.

Think about SheWill, and the fouls they won't call on him. Try not to be
scared by his gargantuan forehead or unnervingly engorged eyes. Think about
how he'll be allowed to assault Hansbrough, and how he won't be made to pay
for it by the referees.

defensive possession.

offensive possession.

Think about how Sean Dockery will go flying across the court to "save" a
loose ball that's 35 feet away. Think about how hard, and with what primal
enthusiasm, his teammates will subsequently embrace him.

Think about Montross' bloody face.

Think about Stack's baseline dunk.

Think about Dahntay Jones' uncalled, three-stitch-producing face scrape on
the great Raymond Felton.

ethics, my f---ing @ss.)

Think about Wojo. Think about his pansy @ss slapping the floor at "Coach K
Court".

And think about Chris Collins.

Kyle's boy.

to eat $hit and die. Sit someplace dark for a while if you can, to organize
the your tangled hatred into a single coherent mantra. Let it guide you.
Let
the hate permeate every cell in your Carolina blue soul until you are one
giant biomass of I Hate dook.

And take that to the game/bar/living room, yell like you mean it, and get
ready to win.

Cause it's game day, and we're the National Champions.

GO HEELS!!!

That's a bad thing????

You sound jealous that Coach K can instill that into his players and Droopy Dog Roy Williams can't.

:moon::moon::moon:

GO DUKE.

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:28 PM

Kyle's boy.

to eat $hit and die.

PRECISELY why I love Coach K and Duke and DESPISE North Carolina.

It's a difference in character and class, and this post illustrates the stark contrast.

byroan
02-07-2006, 06:38 PM
PRECISELY why I love Coach K and Duke and DESPISE North Carolina.

It's a difference in character and class, and this post illustrates the stark contrast.

:shakeno:

Duke doesn't know what class is if that's what you're trying to imply. Just a couple more hours before dook gets beatdown.

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:42 PM
:shakeno:

Duke doesn't know what class is if that's what you're trying to imply. Just a couple more hours before dook gets beatdown.

I percieve class as recruiting good kids, making sure they graduate, always winning with humility and being a good sport in a loss, praising the opponent, and giving your all and knowing that even if you lose, you gave your best and there are no excuses.

I believe class is teaching, molding and caring instead of just coaching how to put a round ball through a metal hoop.

So, in this case, you are wrong. Duke is the epitome of class.

BTW...care to put a little wager on the game Byroan???

byroan
02-07-2006, 06:43 PM
That's a bad thing????

You sound jealous that Coach K can instill that into his players and Droopy Dog Roy Williams can't.

:moon::moon::moon:

GO DUKE.

Roy Williams instilled a national championship last year. It only took him 2 years to win one. It took Coach K 10 years before he won one. Why would we be jealous of him?

UNC HEELS!!!

byroan
02-07-2006, 06:44 PM
I percieve class as recruiting good kids, making sure they graduate, always winning with humility and being a good sport in a loss, praising the opponent, and giving your all and knowing that even if you lose, you gave your best and there are no excuses.

I believe class is teaching, molding and caring instead of just coaching how to put a round ball through a metal hoop.

So, in this case, you are wrong. Duke is the epitome of class.

I guess you didn't read the whole thing or forgot about the incident when it happened.

ethics, my f---ing @ss.)

That's class??

byroan
02-07-2006, 06:45 PM
BTW...care to put a little wager on the game Byroan???

What type of wager?

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
Roy Williams instilled a national championship last year. It only took him 2 years to win one. It took Coach K 10 years before he won one. Why would we be jealous of him?

UNC HEELS!!!

Please, the UNC roster last year was an NBA roster. Coach K would have gone undefeated with that talent.

How many times has droopy dog choked at Kansas???

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I guess you didn't read the whole thing or forgot about the incident when it happened.

That's class??

That was a UNC fan's view point of the incident. Yes, I watched the game and that incident. Both teams got heated and it was taken care of.

Like UNC is just a bunch of angels who happened to be the victim in that circumstance. :rolleyes2

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 06:52 PM
What type of wager?

Whatever you want my friend. This ought to tell how confident you are in your high heels tonight. :up:

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 07:00 PM
Never forget....

"I don't give a sh!t about North Carolina."

:sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

byroan
02-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Whatever you want my friend. This ought to tell how confident you are in your high heels tonight. :up:

I'm very confident. But that doesn't mean I need to wager. :wink:

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm very confident. But that doesn't mean I need to wager. :wink:

:lol: Sure...

You name it, I'm good with it. It can be money, a signature change, whatever.

You tell me.

byroan
02-07-2006, 07:21 PM
I'll pass this time. We'll do something for the rematch in March.

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll pass this time. We'll do something for the rematch in March.

Why? This would be your best chance to win.

You sure as hell ain't beating Duke in Cameron, and you SURE as hell ain't beating Duke in the ACC Tournament.

Oh well, I think it would have been great for you to have a Duke signature for a week. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
02-07-2006, 11:55 PM
Well, Byroan, there's about 3 minutes left in the game and I have no clue who will win.

The outcome has not been decided yet. But I have to tell you I was wrong. I underestimated UNC. I hate them, but they are a scrappy bunch.

Has Terry missed a F'ing 3 pointer tonight??? :rolleyes2

byroan
02-08-2006, 12:20 AM
Stupid freshman mistakes cost us. Missed FT's by Hansborough and whatever Danny Green was thinking at the end. I'm proud of the effort by the guys. Congrats to duke.

Ferretsquig
02-08-2006, 09:38 AM
Cut Tyler some slack. He dominated a senior and POTY canidate all day on the boards. And Quentin Thomas!! What a day to finally start showing how good you can be. All around it was a great game as usual, and as I'm sure most expected Reddick and co. came through in the end instead of our frosh. At least we now know Miller cant guard Reddick....Ginyard and Frasor can.

Gotta love Roy....brought back memories of Smith when he yanked the starters and berated them on the sidelines. Its been a while since we had a real coach here.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-08-2006, 11:46 AM
UNC fans can hate all they want but JJ Redick is THE TRUTH. I know junc, he chokes in the tournament LMAO, something tells me that's about to end if you can even consider a final four and two sweet 16's choking!

Ferretsquig
02-08-2006, 12:19 PM
He had a great game. Fact remains if you put a guy whos longer and more atheletic on him hes not very good. Carolina doesnt have that kind of guy this year but in the tourney they are bound to meet one. This was the first time in his career hes played a good game at the Smith center, and for good reason. He no longer has Jackie hounding him all game.

Love him if you will, but if Duke gets anywhere in the tourney its because Williams dominates on both ends.

FinsNYanksFan13
02-08-2006, 01:09 PM
He had a great game. Fact remains if you put a guy whos longer and more atheletic on him hes not very good. Carolina doesnt have that kind of guy this year but in the tourney they are bound to meet one. This was the first time in his career hes played a good game at the Smith center, and for good reason. He no longer has Jackie hounding him all game.

Love him if you will, but if Duke gets anywhere in the tourney its because Williams dominates on both ends.

Your talking reckless and blinded by your UNC pride. The last 2 years Redick has been the best player in college b-ball. You can throw out the first 2 years, Redick has been a different player the last 2 and will be the reason Duke wins it all!

Tar Phin
02-08-2006, 01:46 PM
Congrats to dook, but hopefully this will put an end to the argument that dook is so "classy".

Reddick displaying the "Shocker" in last nights game.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2006/02/1139376042-1.jpg

DolphinDevil28
02-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Congrats to dook, but hopefully this will put an end to the argument that dook is so "classy".

Reddick displaying the "Shocker" in last nights game.

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/spo/med/2006/02/ipt/1139376042.jpg

Oh NO!!!!

NOT THE SHOCKER!!!! Call the SWAT team!! :rolleyes2

Two words:

RASHEED WALLACE.

Tar Phin
02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
What did Rasheed do that was so unclassy? Did he scream too loud and hurt your ears after an earth shaking dunk?

Ferretsquig
02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Your talking reckless and blinded by your UNC pride. The last 2 years Redick has been the best player in college b-ball. You can throw out the first 2 years, Redick has been a different player the last 2 and will be the reason Duke wins it all!

Yes I'm sorry...the world for Duke fans didnt exist 2 yrs ago. Last year when he played Carolina it was just an abberation...his play in the tourney...well lets just ignore that as well. Outside those 5 games he was one of the best player in college bball, I'll agree to that.

But you cant ignore the simple fact that Reddick, unlike a player like Morrison, is defendable. Its not his fault, hes just limited by certain physical aspects that are difficult to overcome. He cant shoot over people who are taller than him and cant drive past those quicker. I understand you guys like to find someone to worship, and really there is nothing I find more amusing than Duke fans sitting on the guys dick.

Just explain to me and all other doubters out there why Reddick is more important to his team than Williams. I can send you the game so you can compare how the team played with the respective players out during the UNC game if you wish.

Ferretsquig
02-08-2006, 03:11 PM
What did Rasheed do that was so unclassy? Did he scream to loud and hurt your ears after an earth shaking dunk?

He probably never saw 'Sheed play a single game at Carolina. He never had any issues here, other than his ego. I think college was just too easy for him, but I do wish he had stuck around a couple more years.....that would of been a fun team to watch.

PG - Cota
SG - Vince
SF - Jamison
PF - 'Sheed
C - Ndiaye

Tar Phin
02-08-2006, 06:24 PM
He probably never saw 'Sheed play a single game at Carolina. He never had any issues here, other than his ego. I think college was just too easy for him, but I do wish he had stuck around a couple more years.....that would of been a fun team to watch.

PG - Cota
SG - Vince
SF - Jamison
PF - 'Sheed
C - Ndiaye

If someone wants to bring up players being "unclassy", then I would point to one of the above guys, but not Rasheed. Maktar Ndiaye was not so classy.

nyjunc
02-10-2006, 01:57 PM
UNC fans can hate all they want but JJ Redick is THE TRUTH. I know junc, he chokes in the tournament LMAO, something tells me that's about to end if you can even consider a final four and two sweet 16's choking!
I can admit when he has a great game and he did, his first ever s. the Heels so it was a little surprising but we'll see come March. Maybe he keeps this up, if he does I'll tip my cap but we'll see.

Congrats duke fans on the W. I am on vacation and haven't had much time to go on the internet. I am waiting to leave now so I have some time. It was a thrilling game but very sloppy, I don't think we'll have as good a chance in Cameron as we did the other night but hopefully we can spring the upset.

nyjunc
02-10-2006, 02:00 PM

PG - Cota
SG - Vince
SF - Jamison
PF - 'Sheed
C - Ndiaye

Not mahtar at C, Sheed would have been at C w/ Jamison at PF, Carter/Stack at the 2/3 if Stack had stayed too. What a lineup, you also are missing Shammond. I just have a bad tatse in my mouth from what Mahktar did at the '98 FF and he was a big disappoinment in his 2 years at UNC.

Ferretsquig
02-15-2006, 11:11 PM
Now that was impressive. Just think how good Tyler is going to be when he developes a post game. Gonna be some good times in Chapel Hill next year.

byroan
02-15-2006, 11:12 PM
Tyler was great. Just an awesome performance. As a team we were somewhat disappointing in the first half, we were down by as much as 20. GT is a weak team. Glad we pulled it out though.

Ferretsquig
02-15-2006, 11:19 PM
It was just a freakish game like that Clemson one a couple of years ago. Tech couldnt miss in the first half....I think they were perfect from beyond the arc.

King Felix
02-16-2006, 12:23 AM
hansborough had a crazy game

Tar Phin
02-17-2006, 04:56 PM
It was just a freakish game like that Clemson one a couple of years ago. Tech couldnt miss in the first half....I think they were perfect from beyond the arc.

I was thinking the same thing during the first half. I was never really that worried in the Tech game - you just knew that their shooting couldn't continue.

The Wake Forest game really scares me. I know that they are terrible this year, but I am expecting Gray and Williams to have their best games of the season against us.

nyjunc
02-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Another road win against wake yesterday, this time reyshawn had the big game. This team is getting better and better and they are a lock for the Tourney and if things keep going the way they are they should be able to get a fairly high seed(4-6) and possibly make a Sweet 16 run. This year has been alot of fun watching this team grow up. Big game w/ State coming up on Weds which could decide the 2 seed for the ACC Tourney.

Ferretsquig
02-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Carolina has owned state the last few years. Simmons cant even stay on the court with Tyler, he just cant stay out of foul trouble. Bethel and those bearded euros they have can hit the three, but UNC should beat them up in the paint.

Green and Terry are really proving to be solid scoring options, but the team needs Frasor to play well to have a chance in the tourney. Noel, Terry, and Green arent the ones you want initiating your offense, and Miller is hesitant to do anything with the ball. Last game was the first time all season I've seen him even try to drive to the basket.

btw isnt it great to have a real coach again? 3 minutes into the second half the point zone is unveiled. They play 5 against 2 the rest of the game and completely shut down Gray and Williams. After that GA tech game you almost expect the heels to come out and dominate after every break.

bg34
02-22-2006, 02:18 PM
It should be a good one tonight. If we can keep Simmons out of foul trouble and keep Terry from getting about 20 pts we might be able to get a W. Evtimov will most likely not play so that will hurt us big-time. Hopefully Bethel will keep fillin it up from 3pt. land.

byroan
02-22-2006, 07:58 PM
Should be a good game tonight. Seems like we've swept State for the past few years.

bg34
02-22-2006, 09:06 PM
^Yep, sure have. It seems N. Carolina owns NCSU in every sport, every year. I'm already expecting a loss tonight..oh well.

byroan
02-22-2006, 11:06 PM
So far so good at the half. Noel is playing great.

bg34
02-22-2006, 11:50 PM
Good game. Those frosh are hardly playing like it now. I guess that's what a good coach will do. They have matured so much, they are gonna be a tough out in the NCAAs.

Ferretsquig
02-23-2006, 12:03 AM
I dont know about the tourney this year....if BC and NC State are really the 11th and 15th best teams in the country this is going to be some ugly basketball. That mass exedous last year, especially of all those players who werent ready for the nba, really hurt college basketball.

Anyways this is one talented team, they need a point guard and a post player who can block shots....and those are coming next year. Noel, Terry and Green just continue to impress with their vast array of skills. On a side note, I think some NFL team is going to be really happy to have Noel on their squad come september. I dont know if an NBA team will draft him but hes an incredible athelete and was a top rated WR.....some NFL team will take a flyer on him.

nyjunc
02-23-2006, 08:41 AM
I agree about Noel in the NFL, he is an exceptional athlete and I think he'll get a chance there.

The key to this team getting so much better the last month has been the play of Terry. he is becoming mroe consistent and w/ him and Noel playing well along w/ tyler this team could make a nice run come March. As it is assuming the Heels go 2-1 and win a game or 2 in the ACC Tourney I think we could get as high as a 3 seed and that would be remarkable.

I also agree about CBB, it is very down this year. There is not a team that could touch last year's Heels and that makes it wide open. I guess it was a good year to lose so many players early to the NBA although I think if we kept at least 2 of the 4 we'd have cruised to the FF and most likely won another title.

Ferretsquig
02-24-2006, 01:00 AM
A three seed would be simply amazing. If take care of buisness at home they should be ranked in the teens, but last time I said that they proceeded to lose to Miami so who knows. I wouldnt mind trading a loss to Virginia for a win at cameron. They can do it too. Keep turnovers down and get Sheldon in foul trouble....gotta believe :D

nyjunc
02-24-2006, 08:29 AM
A three seed would be simply amazing. If take care of buisness at home they should be ranked in the teens, but last time I said that they proceeded to lose to Miami so who knows. I wouldnt mind trading a loss to Virginia for a win at cameron. They can do it too. Keep turnovers down and get Sheldon in foul trouble....gotta believe :D

I though we got screwed last week only moving up to 21, we should already be in the top 20 but i think after the impressive win over State on the road and assuming we take care of business on Sunday I think we'll be around 15 or so.

The heels can definitely beat duke but it will be Senior Day and unlike Sr. Day at UNC K doesn't play start his walk-ons so the visiting team doesn't get that early lead like they always do against UNC. It will be tough but this team seems to love the road and who knows, I'll trade a loss at Cameron for a win in the ACC Final against them but either way I want to beat them at least once.

byroan
02-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Two students from UNC fell out of a 3rd story dorm window. One died and the other is in the hospital. :boohoo:

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/breaking_news/13952676.htm

nyjunc
02-25-2006, 09:31 AM
That's horrible news.

Ferretsquig
02-26-2006, 01:26 AM

Mabey they should ask her to run the point on the mens team. Like a mini Iverson out there.

nyjunc
02-26-2006, 10:28 AM
She is a great player and alot of fun to watch. I never had much interest in women's basketball before but I really like watching her and this Heels team play although yesterday's game was kind of ugly.

byroan
02-26-2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I watched the women play yesterday. I don't think dook was ever winning. 10 more mins until gametime for the men. It's on FSN tonight.

Ferretsquig
02-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Maryland has some serious issues with McCray out. They just couldnt get the ball in the basket. UNC certainly wasnt spectacular on offense.....hate to rag on Tyler, but he really needs to learn howto pass when hes tripled in the post. Just have to remind youself he really is a freshman the way he dominates.

Watching them just makes you think....if Felton, McCants and co. tried this hard on defense, would anyone have beaten the heels last year? I hope they keep it up next year when there will be all kinds of pre-season hype and tarheel fans will be calling them champions before they play a game.

nyjunc
02-27-2006, 11:35 AM
Watching them just makes you think....if Felton, McCants and co. tried this hard on defense, would anyone have beaten the heels last year?

If the last 2 years they gave the kind of effort and played the kind of D that this team plays they'd have 2 titles and wouldn't have lost more than a game last year but I am glad to take 1 title and I think we'll be seeing more over the next few years.

I hope they keep it up next year when there will be all kinds of pre-season hype and tarheel fans will be calling them champions before they play a game.

Chemistry issues and playing w/ expectations will be the only things that can hold them back next year. We don't have to go too far back to see a talented freshman class not meshing w/ talented returning players to ruin a season. In '94 I'm not sure I have ever seen a more talented team('84 maybe) but they hated each other and never became as great as they should have and broke the Sweet 16 streak. I am looking forward to next year but I am really having fun w/ this team and I am anxious to see how far they can go.

byroan
03-01-2006, 10:33 PM
We've jumped ahead of Virginia pretty quickly. I hope we keep this tempo up.

In other news, dook lost!! :sidelol:

DolphinDevil28
03-01-2006, 11:53 PM
We've jumped ahead of Virginia pretty quickly. I hope we keep this tempo up.

In other news, dook lost!! :sidelol:

In other, other news, Duke is the Regular Season ACC Champs, and will beat carolina at Cameron on Senior Night Saturday!!

Ferretsquig
03-02-2006, 12:30 AM
Dominating defense, hit the threes, run em to death, and Hansbrough just being himself. Thats the first time I've seen all season where they have played well in all aspects of the game.....just complete old school UNC domination. Its going to be a dogfight in Cameron, get Redick to blow it again and the game is ours. Wouldnt count on it though :(

byroan
03-02-2006, 12:37 AM
Its going to be a dogfight in Cameron, get Redick to blow it again and the game is ours. Wouldnt count on it though :(

If we can get someone other than Wes Miller covering Redick then it's very possible.

nyjunc
03-02-2006, 08:18 AM
Get Shelden in foul trouble, duke is a completely different team w/o their most important player in there. Redick is definitely into his usual late season fade. Miller is a good on the ball defender but JJ is too tall for him. We need Ginyard to be able to guard JJ and I think we'll be ok. I'll be homnest I was feeling very confident about Sat until duke lost, they rarely lose 2 in a row so w/ that, senior night(of course K wouldn't start his little known seniors the way the Heels do but that's a major difference in class btw the 2 programs) and a huge rivalry game it's going to be tough to win but as long as we weather the early storm I think we'll have a great chance.

Ferretsquig
03-02-2006, 10:50 AM
I think its going to be a combination of Frasor, Ginyard, and Quentin on Redick. Let Miller put full court pressure on their frosh point....he cant seem to handle it.

byroan
03-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Miami/Duke getting ready to play. I think the dookies will beat them down. I hope UNC is ready for VA tonight.

nyjunc
03-10-2006, 01:51 PM
Miami/Duke getting ready to play. I think the dookies will beat them down. I hope UNC is ready for VA tonight.

UM is up 36-33 and has the ball w/ 1:47 to play in the 1st half.

nyjunc
03-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Miami up 41-35 at the half.

MikeO
03-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Miami up 41-35 at the half.

Duke will probably come back and win, but if they don't. They UCONN, and Ohio St should be nervous as heck going into the NCAA tourney because they all looked like garbage in their conference tourney. With that said Duke could outscore Miami by 30 in the 2nd half and win this game let alone the ACC tourney, but if the 2nd half goes the way of the 1st half.......then Duke has issues

Dolphin1184
03-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Beat them down?

byroan
03-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Beat them down?
The game isn't over with yet. I would love to see the Canes win. I didn't expect dook to choke in the opening game.

It's funny how you reply to my post in the second half with 5 mins left in the game. I made my statement before the game even started.

byroan
03-10-2006, 03:03 PM
74-73 dook with 43.8 left.

byroan
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
76-73 dook 21.5 seconds left. Damn redick hitting a clutch shot. :(

byroan
03-10-2006, 03:10 PM
WTF kind of BS call was that??? Dook gets the refs help once again.

Dolphin1184
03-10-2006, 03:12 PM
What a game. King was a MONSTER on the boards. Even AT THE END, we still had life when that long 3 was made.

nyjunc
03-10-2006, 03:31 PM
76-73 dook 21.5 seconds left. Damn redick hitting a clutch shot. :(

I think that's 2 in his duke career and still no GW shots.

Not a good sign for duke struggling so mightily against a team they crushed in the reg season. JJ was better which is a good sign but duke is not playing likle a FF contender.

Ferretsquig
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
I liked the canes approach to defending Duke. 2-3 zone packed in on Williams with either one or two guys on Redick whenever he got to the perimeter. They let everyone else take wide open shots and the only guy who could hit them was Nelson. I think thats how you play Duke from now on...give Paulus, Melchionni, McRoberts, and Dockery open looks and just play 5v2 all game.

Miami had that game. Diaz and Hite just missed some very makable shots and their big guy choked on the line there at the end.

byroan
03-10-2006, 10:06 PM
69-61 Heels with 2:30 left

byroan
03-10-2006, 10:10 PM
72-64 Heels with 1:30 left.

King Felix
03-10-2006, 10:13 PM
wheres the game on at?

King Felix
03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
nvm finally checked espn2

King Felix
03-10-2006, 10:14 PM
i missed the whole game :(

byroan
03-10-2006, 10:16 PM
It's on CBS here. 80-66 with less than 20 seconds left.

Ferretsquig
03-10-2006, 10:24 PM
Sleepwalked through the whole second half in that one. At least it proves that Frasor really is better than Quentin....I was having my doubts. The three point threat is needed, and Thomas hasnt added that to his game yet. Boring game with the exception of that sweet reverse layup by Terry......hopefully Maryland/BC is a little more interesting.

byroan
03-10-2006, 11:03 PM
Nothing but a BC blowout right now.

nyjunc
03-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Sleepwalked through the whole second half in that one. At least it proves that Frasor really is better than Quentin....I was having my doubts. The three point threat is needed, and Thomas hasnt added that to his game yet. Boring game with the exception of that sweet reverse layup by Terry......hopefully Maryland/BC is a little more interesting.

I'd prefer bobby play alot more but Quentin has been much improved and deserves to play alot too. This game was very boring, after half they always seemed to have around a 9 point lead and every time UVa got w/in 5 or 6 they'd push it back up. The game was really never in doubt but they are going to have to play alot better against BC today to advance.

Ferretsquig
03-11-2006, 02:33 PM
Is Carolina a 2 seed if they win this game? Everyone seems to be falling around them.

FaninPatsyLand
03-11-2006, 03:16 PM
Best of luck today against BC..

While I can't say that I like North Carolina at all, I absolutely despise the Eagles. Every year it's the same old song and dance with them. They are overrated, get a high seed, and bow out of NCAA's in first weekend.

I especially can't stand Dudley and Marshall. I hope you guys beat the piss out of them today.

byroan
03-11-2006, 03:18 PM
Is Carolina a 2 seed if they win this game? Everyone seems to be falling around them.

It's possible. I've seen some predictions that we'll be a 2 seed. I don't think we'll be any lower than a 3.

Ferretsquig
03-11-2006, 07:20 PM
Ah well...so much for that second seed. BC is one physical team...their play borders on dirty at times. But if they are hitting threes like that they can beat anyone. They wont shoot that well two games in a row, if Redick's ankle is ok Duke should be able to handle them.

DeathStar
03-11-2006, 07:31 PM
and down go the heels!

we looked damn good out there.

i hope we make a good run in the tournament. we probalby will lose in the 2nd round like we usually do.

go eagles!

DeathStar
03-11-2006, 07:32 PM
Ah well...so much for that second seed. BC is one physical team...their play borders on dirty at times. But if they are hitting threes like that they can beat anyone. They wont shoot that well two games in a row, if Redick's ankle is ok Duke should be able to handle them.

would be nice to win 1st ACC tournament title in our 1st year in teh conference!

Ducken
03-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Oh well I was hoping for a Duke v. NC for the AC title. Hope we meet up in the big dance.

byroan
03-11-2006, 10:01 PM
Missed FT's in the first half and bad defense in the second cost us. Oh well, we rarely win the ACC tourney anyways. It would have been nice though. My power went out in the first half here and I had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Been a pretty horrible afternoon. :lol:

Ducken
03-11-2006, 10:32 PM
Looks like they shot the ball pretty well from 3pt range and pretty much over all. I think NC will go pretty far next year watch out you guys will be ACC killers.

nyjunc
03-12-2006, 09:27 AM
Missed FT's in the first half and bad defense in the second cost us. Oh well, we rarely win the ACC tourney anyways. It would have been nice though. My power went out in the first half here and I had to listen to the rest of the game on the radio. Been a pretty horrible afternoon. :lol:

BC won b/c they shot lights out but putting that aside 3 sequences won that game for BC. The long 3 to end the first half for BC, the inexcusable layup by BC when they had the ball out of bounds w/ 2 secs on the shot clock then 3 Heels were down low w/ 1 BC player and we must have missed at least 4 shots/dunks in that sequence.

I think we'll be a 3 when the pairings are announced today, hopefully we aren't in UConn's bracket.

Ferretsquig
03-12-2006, 09:08 PM
They got the three as expected.....Mich St. will be a tough matchup in the second round.

nyjunc
03-13-2006, 08:36 AM
They got the three as expected.....Mich St. will be a tough matchup in the second round.

I have no problem w/ a 3 seed but it's insane that UT loses 4 of 6 and gets the 2 seed and Greensboro over us. I am very confident if we get by MSU(they REALLY worry me) we'll beat UT but it's a joke they got the easier draw and Greensboro over us.

nyjunc
03-13-2006, 08:37 AM
As for the ACC Title game, isn't it interesteing how UNC gopes to the line for 16 FTA's and duke gets 30 against the same BC team which all they do is hack?

Ferretsquig
03-13-2006, 11:43 AM
They have to turn it into a running game. Roy needs to get that famous secondary break back into motion....get Terry, Noel, Wes, and co. the open looks from 3 land. I really think if Carolina can force a team to play its up-tempo way they have the depth to beat anyone. As a side note....incredible how you are a thin team one year....lose your top 7 players, then become one of the deepest teams in the ncaa the next year. Roy is a great coach.

byroan
03-13-2006, 11:55 AM
I have no problem w/ a 3 seed but it's insane that UT loses 4 of 6 and gets the 2 seed and Greensboro over us. I am very confident if we get by MSU(they REALLY worry me) we'll beat UT but it's a joke they got the easier draw and Greensboro over us.
It sucks that we don't get to play in Greensboro. I was looking forward to going to the games. I went last year when they played in Charlotte. It was great.

MSU is a tough team. Their problem is playing good defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see GM upset them.

Look at these predictions. It's amazing they have us in the FF.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ja-washpicks031306

byroan
03-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Here's another article:

North Carolina: As a No. 3 seed, the Tar Heels earned the right not to be the visiting team in an early round game. But as it turns out, North Carolina earned bupkis. The Tar Heels were sent to Dayton, a manageable flight from North Carolina, so it's not so bad on the surface. Unfortunately, the selection committee didn't look beneath the surface. If the tournament unfolds as expected, UNC would meet Michigan State in the second round in Dayton. Any idea how far Michigan State is from Dayton? Less than four hours, and not by plane. By car. Get mad, UNC. I got your back on this one.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/9303466

Ferretsquig
03-13-2006, 12:01 PM
I wouldnt say its probable....but certainly not impossible. Both UT and UConn have big time question marks. I would love to see UConn get beat down by a team like Carolina.

byroan
03-18-2006, 02:04 AM
MSU is a tough team. Their problem is playing good defense. It wouldn't surprise me to see GM upset them.

:D

Jt0323
03-18-2006, 02:12 AM
nice win for UNC!

Ferretsquig
03-18-2006, 02:35 AM
They played like crap, especially on defense......lucky to get out of the first round. But UT and UConn looked pretty bad as well.....Carolina has a real shot to make it to the elite eight, and if things fall their way, the final four.

King Felix
03-18-2006, 07:17 AM
scary at the end for us UNC fans.

phunwin
03-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Hansbrough saved your bacon. Again. Man, that kid's good. I don't like the fact that Chad Ford's down on him. If Hansbrough is legitimately smaller than his advertised 6'9, 225# frame, then so be it. But the guy works his butt off on the glass, he's got a refined face-the-basket game AND a quality back-to-the-basket game, he's got excellent hands, a decent handle for a big, runs the floor well, plays quality defense on the perimeter and in the post...where's the problem? At worst, he's Corliss Williamson with better defense.

I like the kid, and I think he should consider jumping to the pros. And I'm not just saying that because I hate Carolina (as usual, Syracuse's exit brings out my inner Blue Devil). Think about it: how many draft-eligible bigs would you DEFINITELY take over Hansbrough right now? LaMarcus Aldridge and Shelden Williams. If you want to throw the Euro, Andrea Bargianni in there, that's fine. That's three guys. Chad's got Tyrus Thomas ahead of him, and compared Thomas to (I kid you not) "a more energetic Stromile Swift". Isn't that like saying "a thinner David Wells" or "a less crazy Ron Artest"? Not exactly high praise there. I'll take a guy who will be, at worst, a quality sixth man, thanks.

In any event, this is a horrible draft for big men. Just abysmal. Hansbrough's game is already remarkably refined, and if the concern is that he's not tall enough...well, he's probably not going to grow more anyway. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

nyjunc
03-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Hansbrough saved your bacon. Again. Man, that kid's good. I don't like the fact that Chad Ford's down on him. If Hansbrough is legitimately smaller than his advertised 6'9, 225# frame, then so be it. But the guy works his butt off on the glass, he's got a refined face-the-basket game AND a quality back-to-the-basket game, he's got excellent hands, a decent handle for a big, runs the floor well, plays quality defense on the perimeter and in the post...where's the problem? At worst, he's Corliss Williamson with better defense.

I like the kid, and I think he should consider jumping to the pros. And I'm not just saying that because I hate Carolina (as usual, Syracuse's exit brings out my inner Blue Devil). Think about it: how many draft-eligible bigs would you DEFINITELY take over Hansbrough right now? LaMarcus Aldridge and Shelden Williams. If you want to throw the Euro, Andrea Bargianni in there, that's fine. That's three guys. Chad's got Tyrus Thomas ahead of him, and compared Thomas to (I kid you not) "a more energetic Stromile Swift". Isn't that like saying "a thinner David Wells" or "a less crazy Ron Artest"? Not exactly high praise there. I'll take a guy who will be, at worst, a quality sixth man, thanks.

In any event, this is a horrible draft for big men. Just abysmal. Hansbrough's game is already remarkably refined, and if the concern is that he's not tall enough...well, he's probably not going to grow more anyway. Why not strike while the iron is hot?

I wouldn't be shocked if he left but I think another year will do him well, by the way rumors are that Josh McRoberts(McShav) will delcare for the draft.

phunwin
03-18-2006, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if he left but I think another year will do him well, by the way rumors are that Josh McRoberts(McShav) will delcare for the draft.

McRoberts?!? Terrible move if he does.

If Hansbrough measures a legit 6'9, I'd pick him no later than 8th in this year's draft. I can't get over how bad a draft for bigs this is. Shelden Williams will probably go in the top 5 when he's probably just a slightly more skilled version of Kurt Thomas.

nyjunc
03-18-2006, 12:59 PM
scary at the end for us UNC fans.

It was pretty much scary all the way through, Murray State was relentless on the offensive boards and that was the sole reason it was a game. UNC wasn't great but they didn't play that badly they just didn't have the usual energy this team has had. Hopefully they bring that on Sunday.

Ferretsquig
03-18-2006, 05:47 PM

I dont know who you have been watching, but Tyler doesnt have a refined face or back to the basket game. He has power and footwork....gets in great position and finds ways to finish. He doesnt have any post moves, and his only face to the basket move is a pump fake and drive to the right.

The problem is most of what he excells at will the nullified in the NBA. He needs to develope a jumper and a face to the basket game. I'm sure hes smart enough to know that hes not close to being ready, the question is whether the NBA scouts know it. It only takes one idiot.....and I think we have figured out there are always those willing to take flyers on the likes of Telfair, Kwame, Diop etc... who 90% of the people in the world can tell arent ready. If some team promises him a top 5 selection I couldnt blame him for going. Just like Marvin last year.....everyone who had seen him play knew he wouldnt do anything in the NBA for at least a couple years, but he knew hes was going in the top 5....just cant pass up money like that.

Ferretsquig
03-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Ah well tough loss. Noel played his heart out....wish the best for him. At least we can probably put all this Tyler to the NBA talk to rest. Its going to be a fantastic season next year. Tyler dominating the post, Wright blocking shots...Ellington, Terry, Frasor, Wes, and Green knocking down the threes, and Lawson dishing it out. This trio coming in is even better than the May, McCants, Felton combo...and they actually have a real coach. Look out. :D

nyjunc
03-19-2006, 05:34 PM
We got absolutely screwed today. FOUR FTs???? That's a joke, Tyler had 4 fouls(all touch fouls) and while he was getting mugged all day they did not call 1 on the GM players guarding him. It was atrocious out ther and dampens what was a great year. It's a horrible way to lose, I felt we were outplayed the other night and MSU deserved it if they beat us but GM did not deserve this win, they were given the duke treatment. We were treated like the mid-major and GM was trated like basketball royalty today and I don't want an advnatge I just want a fair and consistent game called.

Next year we'll be cutting down the nets and winning it all but that's a long way away.

DeathStar
03-19-2006, 05:38 PM
GOOD LOSS TODAY YOU GUYS!

HAHAHAHAHAH

we beat you guys twice IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA and you still got a 3 while we got a 4. BULL**** that WAS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

you guys got what you deserved.

nyjunc
03-19-2006, 05:56 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH

we beat you guys twice IN the STATE of NORTH CAROLINA and you still got a 3 while we got a 4. BULL**** that WAS.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Your days of beating us are over, enjoy it now b/c our 2nd team could easily win the ACC next year and be a top 5-10 tam. I can't wait to demolish the BC thugs and sweep duke.

Ducken
03-19-2006, 06:31 PM
:sidelol: Whoops sorry about the loss today guys. Better luck next time. :sidelol:

phunwin
03-19-2006, 07:17 PM
I'm pulling for the Blue Devils, but as you can see from my sig, my #1 team gives me exactly ZERO bragging rights in this tournament. So, I'll just say that's a tough loss for you guys rather than come into your thread and be a dick.

Honestly, I didn't even think UNC played that badly in the second half, it just seemed like Mason shot the lights out. When 5 guys get hot at once, there's not a lot to be done.

byroan
03-19-2006, 07:31 PM

HAHAHAHAHAH

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

You can keep your trolling out of this thread. Thank you.

byroan
03-23-2006, 10:35 PM
:sidelol: Whoops sorry about the loss today guys. Better luck next time. :sidelol:

:sidelol: At least we won last year. Better luck next time. :sidelol:

nyjunc
03-24-2006, 07:55 AM
Big game JJ comes through aagin, can we PLEASE put to rest the idea that he was a great player? This was an annual occurrecne from '03 to '06.

By the way, in 5 of the 7 seasons of this decade duke has lost in the Sweet 16(4 times as a 1 seed) but something tells me the media will ignore this.

Ferretsquig
03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Is Tyler going to go pro?
(from draft express)

Sources tell us that Hansbrough is exploring his NBA draft stock to find out where he stands and how much he has to lose by coming back next year to a loaded UNC team with less shots and production, openly wondering how much higher his stock can get after an outstanding freshman season.

byroan
03-28-2006, 03:18 PM
I hope he stays. He still has a lot to learn.

nyjunc
03-29-2006, 07:12 AM
Is Tyler going to go pro?
(from draft express)

It is definitely expected that he and Roy would explore his draft stock but I still expect him back. He might get less touches next year but that doesn't mean he won't have a better year. He'll look alot better when teams can't double and triple him and he can work on his post moves and his jumper which he'll need at the next level.

byroan
03-29-2006, 11:25 PM
:woot: He's staying!!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14216080.htm

Rocky Raccoon
03-29-2006, 11:47 PM
UNC is gonna be REALLY good next year. The're my early choice to take the championship.

nyjunc
03-30-2006, 09:48 AM
:woot: He's staying!!

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/14216080.htm

Great news already!

This is the difference btw the UNC program and duke under K:

"I never really considered leaving for the NBA after this season," said Hansbrough. "However, coach Williams still provided me with information he learned from his contacts in the league and after listening to that information, I still think it is best for me to come back."

Tyler wasn't thinking about it but Roy provided him info, K tries to lure back guys who will be fairly high picks and whose stock may never get higher while UNC since Dean and through Gut, Doh and Roy do what's best for the player.

Ferretsquig
03-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Finally can look foward to a nice sweep of the McRoberts :sidelol: led Dukies. I really doubt Hansbrough's stats are really going to suffer. Especially if he adds to his limited offensive game. Every player Roy has coached has figured out to shoot by his second year....I fully expect to see Tyler knocking down threes in transition next year. And no more triple teams....what a luxury.

nyjunc
03-31-2006, 08:38 AM
McShav may be leaving(which would be a wise move as the earlier a player leaves K the less chance he has to be ruined:D) so duke could be in major trouble. Even if he comes back they won't be nearly as good as Carolina but will still be good enough to continue their tradition of losing in the Sweet 16:lol:

King Felix
04-01-2006, 12:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2391450