PDA

View Full Version : What a title game

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:16 AM
Anyone watching the Longhorns game tomorrow?? Longhorns win it will be Texas vs. USC. I think this will be one of the best games in recent memory.....what do u think?? I think even though USC have the 2 best players in football (Leinart and Bush) that the longhorns will come up with the victory.....

GO LONGHORNS!!! (since Michigan is out haha)

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:18 AM
hope a&m destroys them. if not, then colorado. if not, then texas is goin to get mauled by USC in the rose bowl

Rocky Raccoon
11-25-2005, 01:18 AM
Anyone watching the Longhorns game tomorrow?? Longhorns win it will be Texas vs. USC. I think this will be one of the best games in recent memory.....what do u think?? I think even though USC have the 2 best players in football (Leinart and Bush) that the longhorns will come up with the victory.....

who is Texas playing?? and what time??

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:19 AM
texas vs. texas a&m. starts at noon on ABC

Rocky Raccoon
11-25-2005, 01:22 AM
texas vs. texas a&m. starts at noon on ABC

awesome, thanks man

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:22 AM
hope a&m destroys them. if not, then colorado. if not, then texas is goin to get mauled by USC in the rose bowl

thats quite a bold statement sayin they will get "mauled", USC could have lost 3 games if not for HUGE comebacks.....Texas has had one close call against Ohio State...and then raped every other team lol if USC gets far behind Texas they wont be able to come back.......gonna be a hell of a game

tmny99
11-25-2005, 01:25 AM
thats quite a bold statement sayin they will get "mauled", USC could have lost 3 games if not for HUGE comebacks.....Texas has had one close call against Ohio State...and then raped every other team lol if USC gets far behind Texas they wont be able to come back.......gonna be a hell of a game

Yeah definitely...USC hasn't impressed me at all. In fact, I picked them lose that Notre Dame game. The Irish's luck ran out on that one. If USC and Texas face each other as expected, I'll take Texas.

Bjorn
11-25-2005, 01:26 AM

I'm quite surprised you are rooting for the longhorns, every other Michigan fan I know is quite bitter from the Rose Bowl last year. Texas will win it but it will be a shootout. I think that Texas' defense is better than any USC has faced and their offense is good enough to score a bunch of points on the trojans defense but it will be close.

Nublar7
11-25-2005, 01:27 AM
I hope Texas A&M wins. We have to get Penn State in the Rose Bowl. :wink:

SweepeR
11-25-2005, 01:29 AM

how many more games are left? dont they play 11 then the bowl game if htey make it to one? for some reason, seems like they play 13 or so games this year. btw, I love leinart n bush n usc but i think VY n Tex, will give usc a lot of problems, should be one hell of a damn game.

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:29 AM
I'm quite surprised you are rooting for the longhorns, every other Michigan fan I know is quite bitter from the Rose Bowl last year. Texas will win it but it will be a shootout. I think that Texas' defense is better than any USC has faced and their offense is good enough to score a bunch of points on the trojans defense but it will be close.

I am a HUGE Ricky Williams fan, like unbelieveable lol so he got me turned on to them, and now when I watch them they just move the ball so well, its great to watch, so ive been a Longhorns fan for about 2 years now.........last year was great for me, my 2 favorite teams in the same bowl......I was goin for Michigan though

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:30 AM
USC has had a tougher schedule and has beaten better teams. they've faced MUCH better offenses than anything texas has had up to this point, so USC shall be quite a wake-up call for little girl mack brown's team

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:34 AM
USC has had a tougher schedule and has beaten better teams. they've faced MUCH better offenses than anything texas has had up to this point, so USC shall be quite a wake-up call for little girl mack brown's team

ya, and USC almost lost 3 games.......and Texas' offense is gonna be the best they face, so explain if they almost lose 3 times to good teams......how are they gonna stop THE best team....they only reason why USC is #1 is cause they are the defendin champs

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:35 AM
dont get me wrong......Bush and Leinart are the best 2 players in football......I really like both of them, and dont mind USC........but I think Texas is the better all around team.......offense is only one piece of the puzzle.

MadLib
11-25-2005, 01:37 AM

To say they will get mauled by USC is ridiculous. Teams with far less talent have given the Trojans all they can handle. This championship game will be the best since FSU-VaTech (would have said Canes-Buckeyes but the Canes were robbed). Texas is deep at every position and showing no significant weaknesses, get ready for a classic.

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:38 AM
ya, and USC almost lost 3 games.......and Texas' offense is gonna be the best they face, so explain if they almost lose 3 times to good teams......how are they gonna stop THE best team....they only reason why USC is #1 is cause they are the defendin champs
USC has faced good offenses. they've faced more explosive offenses. they've faced offenses with better and smarter quarterbacks. i doubt they will stop vince young from running, but he'll have a ton of trouble passing

and there are only 2 games that USC has "almost" lost this year, to two teams better than anyone texas has faced

dolfan72734me
11-25-2005, 01:40 AM
I hope Texas A&M wins. We have to get Penn State in the Rose Bowl. :wink:
:clap: :yes:

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:41 AM
USC has faced good offenses. they've faced more explosive offenses. they've faced offenses with better and smarter quarterbacks. i doubt they will stop vince young from running, but he'll have a ton of trouble passing

and there are only 2 games that USC has "almost" lost this year, to two teams better than anyone texas has faced

All im sayin this will be the best offense and defense they will play........since USC has almost lost and came back with their offense, they wont do it this game cause they havent played a defense like this

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:46 AM
they won't have to comeback. texas's offense will do nothing

MadLib
11-25-2005, 01:47 AM

I think we all can agree Fresno State is not quite 'better' than Ohio State, especially considering they played them at Columbus.

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 01:48 AM
I think we all can agree Fresno State is not quite 'better' than Ohio State.
it'd be a close game

notre dame is better than both

Phin_Phan
11-25-2005, 01:56 AM
they won't have to comeback. texas's offense will do nothing

lol I think your just pullin s.h.i.t. outta ur *** now.......u think they will shut down this offense:

60 - 3
25 - 22
51 - 10
51 - 20
45 - 12
42 - 17
52 - 17
47 - 28
62 - 0
66 - 14

Avg. 45 pts per game (1 game remaining)
Avg. 13 pts against per game (1 game remaining)

hmmmmm............they have faced far worse offenses and almost lost......and now they will for some reason shut down Texas?? lol the number dont quite add up.

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 02:06 AM
lol....just watch young man. vince young won't be able to pass against USC's secondary

Boik14
11-25-2005, 02:07 AM

GO LONGHORNS!!! (since Michigan is out haha) Yeah theres something to look foward to, another 56-10 USC rout over another overrated POS big 12 team. :shakeno:

AirFishOne
11-25-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah theres something to look foward to, another 56-10 USC rout over another overrated POS big 12 team. :shakeno:

OMG why do everyone hate the Big 12!!! OK So maybe Oklahoma lost two bowl games to better teams, but dosent everyone lose a a bowl game!? I mean texas won there bowl game against a "better" confernece!!! And I HATE Texas!!!!!

And in Kastofsna's defense Oklahoma had probably been the best team USC has faced in there reign over the past 3 years, and look what happened to my Sooners :cry: they had an explosive offense, a great defense, but that all dosent matter if ur players dont show up.

I see a USC win this year again, as much as i hate to say it.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 02:10 PM

Yes, go Longhorns! I need ONE of my favorite sports teams to win a title sometime soon, lol.

Phishstix
11-25-2005, 03:09 PM
it'd be a close game

notre dame is better than both

yep, and nd has all those victories over good teams to prove it. oh, wait a minute, they haven't beaten a good team all season (mcchicken is not a good team). imo it's a bunch of b.s. that a team that lost to a team w/ a losing record and #1 at home is ranked ahead of a team that lost to #1 and #8 by a td each on the road.

as for sc and ut, it'll be a high scoring affair imo, sc's secondary (outside of bing) is very vulnerable.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 03:21 PM
lol....just watch young man. vince young won't be able to pass against USC's secondary

what secondary?

USC is ranked 79th in pass yards allowed and 58th in pass yards per attempt this season?

Texas' secondary has a much better shot at shutting down Leinart than USC does shutting down Vince. They are ranked 6th is passing yards allowed and 2nd in passing yards per attempt this year.

Now you will come with "USC have faced tougher teams" blah blah blah, the fact remains that USC is WAY down that list and they haven't faced any "miracle" passing teams to be that far down. Texas faced, and shut down, undefeated Texas Tech who is ranked #1 in all passing stats except Yards per Attempt, which they are ranked 2nd.

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 03:23 PM
comparing texas tech's offense to USC's is hysterical

Agent51
11-25-2005, 03:28 PM
comparing texas tech's offense to USC's is hysterical

Did I compare them? No, I SAID you claim USC has faced better teams and thats why their stats might be lower but there is no excuse, other than they aren't good, for USC's secondary to be ranked that low. USC hasn't faced any team that has a simply amazing air attack, while Texas' secondary is rated so high and we HAVE faced a team with a good passing attack, the BEST passing attack in fact, in the undefeated Texas Tech Red Raiders so IF either secondary is going to shut down the other teams QB than Texas' has a MUCH better shot than USC's. THAT'S what I said, I never said TT has a better offense than USC, nor did I compare it. You have provided no stats/facts except for saying "usc plays better people", your entire "argument" is based on your opinion and digs at Texas/praise for USC.

DonShula84
11-25-2005, 03:33 PM
Did I compare them? No, I SAID you claim USC has faced better teams and thats why their stats might be lower but there is no excuse, other than they aren't good, for USC's secondary to be ranked that low. USC hasn't faced any team that has a simply amazing air attack, while Texas' secondary is rated so high and we HAVE faced a team with a good passing attack, the BEST passing attack in fact, in the undefeated Texas Tech Red Raiders so IF either secondary is going to shut down the other teams QB than Texas' has a MUCH better shot than USC's. THAT'S what I said, I never said TT has a better offense than USC, nor did I compare it. You have provided no stats/facts except for saying "usc plays better people", your entire "argument" is based on your opinion and digs at Texas/praise for USC.

I think Notre Dames passing game is pretty good ;)

ether79
11-25-2005, 03:37 PM
USC hasn't faced any team that has a simply amazing air attack ND???????

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 03:45 PM
texas tech's passing attack is only a threat if you're florida international or prairie a&m or whatever other crappy division IAA teams they played this year

Agent51
11-25-2005, 03:52 PM
ND???????

OK, I kinda forgot about ND, my bad, but the point is ONE game against ND doesn't drop their rankings into the 70s and 50s, their secondary is just BAD.

DonShula84
11-25-2005, 03:58 PM
OK, I kinda forgot about ND, my bad, but the point is ONE game against ND doesn't drop their rankings into the 70s and 50s, their secondary is just BAD.

There secondary is definitely suspect, I think they can handle Young and Texas though. I hope Im wrong, I hate USC

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 03:59 PM
young is struggling against the 117th ranked pass defense now

ether79
11-25-2005, 03:59 PM

Arizona St. is 3rd in the nation in passing avg, Oregon-8th, Hawaii-2nd, ND-4th.. so that looks like some pretty good passing teams.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Arizona St. is 3rd in the nation in passing avg, Oregon-8th, Hawaii-2nd, ND-4th.. so that looks like some pretty good passing teams.

True, but a National Championship-caliber defense isn't ranked that low. Look I'm not sayin Young is going to bomb all ovr them etc etc, all I'm saying is both have high powered offenses so it will be a shootout, and in theory Texas should, and can, win that matchup because they have a MUCH better defense which should be able to come up with more stops than USC's defense.

kastofsna120
11-25-2005, 05:26 PM
if USC's pass defense is ranked 50th, i like their chances bsaed on young's performance against the 117th ranked defense today

ether79
11-25-2005, 05:32 PM
True, but a National Championship-caliber defense isn't ranked that low. Look I'm not sayin Young is going to bomb all ovr them etc etc, all I'm saying is both have high powered offenses so it will be a shootout, and in theory Texas should, and can, win that matchup because they have a MUCH better defense which should be able to come up with more stops than USC's defense.

Well after watching that D today I have to say I just don't know. Stats are what they are. Everyone can throwout this stat and that stat but rarely do they look at the teams that those stats where compiled against. THere is no discussion as to who has the harder schedule. No reason tho even bring that up though, Leinart and Bush has a track record of coming through when they have to. And so far the D has proven to be bendable but not breakable. So Texas gave A&M all the chance in the world to win it, if McNeil was out there they might have...so I wouldn't worry about USCs D I'd worry right now about Texas' D.

Agent51
11-25-2005, 05:35 PM
if USC's pass defense is ranked 50th, i like their chances bsaed on young's performance against the 117th ranked defense today

Then I like Texas' chances based on USC's defensive performance against Fresno State last week, which has the 36th ranked rush offense and 40th ranked pass offense, Texas has the 2nd and 35th ranked offenses respectively.