PDA

View Full Version : Madden on the XBox 360 Question

Agent51
11-26-2005, 07:04 PM
I've got a question for anyone who owns it. I know you can't create a player (which is LAME) but can you edit current players? I am wondering what new accessories/equipment they put in the game. I read somewhere that there were "thousands" (sound like an exaggeration to me) of new accessories and equipment items, I'm just wondering if that's true or if its the same generic 2 cleat types and 3 glove choices etc etc. Any new color visors or different glove/cleat styles? New pad/armband/sleeve options? It would be really cool if they had BOTH team colors for teams with 2 usable colors that aren't just white or black as their second color. Like we could have orange on our gloves/cleats/armbands/sleeves etc etc OR aqua.

Predaphin
11-29-2005, 04:13 PM
WTF??? are you serious??? you cannot create a player??? wow! that is lame....

I thought the Xbox 360 was suppose to be an upgrade to games???

wow

Agent51
11-29-2005, 10:04 PM

wow

I also read that you can't challenge plays, switch formations at the line, switch player packages, no Owner mode, hell, there isn't even commentary aside from the stadium announcer and a "local sports radio host". Again, I have not played Madden, Only played Need For Speed and Condemned so I can't 100% confirm it, but its written in reviews of the game on IGN and other game sites.

mor911
11-29-2005, 10:54 PM

wow
Yeah, I read that EA dumbed the game down a lot to make the 360 release date. You can't blame Bill and Co for that.... That's all EA's work.

WelcomeBack
11-30-2005, 01:23 AM
There is no Superstar mode either. No exporting NCAA players as well.

unifiedtheory
11-30-2005, 04:07 AM
So, basically, Madden on the 360 is a demo.

mor911
11-30-2005, 09:01 AM
There is no Superstar mode either. No exporting NCAA players as well.
Superstar mode was cut, but NCAA features would be useless, because NCAA isn't planned until next year.

Predaphin
11-30-2005, 03:59 PM
So, basically, Madden on the 360 is a demo.

damn! basically.....

and how much does Madden 06 run for ($$$) on the 360??? $59.99???

60 bucks for a demo

wow, just wow

Although I agree you cannot blame Xbox360 for this one....EA tried to make some extra cash quickly

UltraDol-Fan
11-30-2005, 04:33 PM
EA sux teh big pne

Dolfan984
11-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Man at least Madden (or EA Sports I don't know) 07 is going to be SICK

Dudeman
11-30-2005, 09:17 PM
I've got a question for anyone who owns it. I know you can't create a player (which is LAME) but can you edit current players? I am wondering what new accessories/equipment they put in the game. I read somewhere that there were "thousands" (sound like an exaggeration to me) of new accessories and equipment items, I'm just wondering if that's true or if its the same generic 2 cleat types and 3 glove choices etc etc. Any new color visors or different glove/cleat styles? New pad/armband/sleeve options? It would be really cool if they had BOTH team colors for teams with 2 usable colors that aren't just white or black as their second color. Like we could have orange on our gloves/cleats/armbands/sleeves etc etc OR aqua.

nope, you can NOT create, edit, nor change ANYTHING about the players at all. Its stupid, and one of many reasons I'm holding off getting a 360 for XMas (hopefully getting a PSP instead)

finfansince72
11-30-2005, 10:50 PM
Well they can update the game online right? The only thing holding me back from getting a 360 is the outrageous price. You add extra controllers, etc, etc, to the price and its just out of control.
Im sure Ill break down sometime and get one though :))

Prime
11-30-2005, 11:19 PM

What have you heard about it?

AquaInferno
11-30-2005, 11:37 PM

Madden will be around for a while at least thro 2007, probably thro 2008: http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/sports/maddennflnextgen/news.html?sid=6128956

I wonder if the NFL players are spooked about the curse or start wanting too much money over the curse? The it will go back to just John Madden on the cover :lol:

WelcomeBack
12-02-2005, 02:31 AM
My main reason for wanting the XBox 360 is Madden, but after hearing everything going on, I plan on holding out till about July or August, and hopefully Madden 07 will be coming out by then.

Wildbill3
12-02-2005, 02:42 AM
maybe the xbox360 isn't as easy to write code for as microsoft claims? I mean, franchise code shouldn't be that damn hard to make, and it certainly shouldn't take that much space on a disk, heck if anything it would've given people another reason to buy the premium system, that way, franchise data could've been stored on the HD. (At least if they made it so the memory card itself couldn't hold all that data.)

Fudge 101
12-03-2005, 10:43 AM
maybe the xbox360 isn't as easy to write code for as microsoft claims? I mean, franchise code shouldn't be that damn hard to make, and it certainly shouldn't take that much space on a disk, heck if anything it would've given people another reason to buy the premium system, that way, franchise data could've been stored on the HD. (At least if they made it so the memory card itself couldn't hold all that data.)

I dont think its that, as much that its like writing a WHOLE new game. We think about it as just transfering the material but they have to redo everything im sure. They have already made Madden for 06 on 3 consoles, and now had to create a COMPLETELY different 4th. Microsoft made a lot of the companies rush but I agree, EA could have waited. I cant imagine how annoying it must be knowing youve already created something great and now have to rewrite or alter the code completely...

Dudeman
12-03-2005, 11:25 AM
My main reason for wanting the XBox 360 is Madden, but after hearing everything going on, I plan on holding out till about July or August, and hopefully Madden 07 will be coming out by then.

that is EXACTLY what I plan on doing.

Too many of the sports games are missing basic features to even consider getting them.

Quelonio
12-03-2005, 04:12 PM
Apparently NBA Live doesnt have a franchise mode.

Dolfan984
12-03-2005, 06:07 PM
What have you heard about it?

Nothing man, but I would really expect something great after a crappy 06.