PDA

View Full Version : America's Army: Rise of a Soldier

Agent51
11-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Has anyone played this game? I have seen advertisements for it and I saw it in blockbuster the other day but it was out. I wanna know how the controls are and more importantly what the career mode is like. the reviews and box descriptions are confusing. It says start as a recruit and work your way up through the ranks to special forces but then some reviews make it seem like you can only create and edit your guy on XBox live, not in the offline game. Any help would be appreciated.

mor911
11-28-2005, 06:27 PM
Has anyone played this game? I have seen advertisements for it and I saw it in blockbuster the other day but it was out. I wanna know how the controls are and more importantly what the career mode is like. the reviews and box descriptions are confusing. It says start as a recruit and work your way up through the ranks to special forces but then some reviews make it seem like you can only create and edit your guy on XBox live, not in the offline game. Any help would be appreciated.
Found this on teamxbox :D

http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/1068/Americas-Army-Rise-of-a-Soldier/p2/

Left thumbstick - move
Right thumbstick - look
D-pad – Up = stance up. Down = stance down. Left = lean left. right = lean right.
Left trigger – focus
Right trigger – fire
A button – action
B button – command
X button – reload
Y button – weapon menu
Black button – situation awareness map
White button – change rate of fire
Hope it helps... Game seems cool. You should check out Battlefield 2: Modern Combat. The Mor loves it. :mor911:

Agent51
11-28-2005, 07:00 PM
cool, thanks man

AquaInferno
11-28-2005, 07:32 PM
America's Army is FREE on PC. Download don't buy! Spend your cash on games that are really $50 games, not a freebie US Army POS ported to the black box.

Agent51
11-28-2005, 08:15 PM
America's Army is FREE on PC. Download don't buy! Spend your cash on games that are really $50 games, not a freebie US Army POS ported to the black box.

really? that's awesome. I was never interested in the game, especially buying it, I'm not a big fan of that genre, but I was in Blockbuster and pretty much NOTHING good was in since that stupid "no late fees" crap nobody EVER brings games back and I saw the box for that. I read the back and the whole "recruit to special forces" career advancement seemed pretty cool to me. Do you know where I can download it free from?

PeaTearGriffin
11-28-2005, 11:08 PM
http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/

mor911
11-29-2005, 09:37 AM
Just to let you know, this is not a PC port. I haven't played this game, so I can't tell you if it's any good or not, but it's not the PC game. It's a whole new game that's supposed to have a full single player campaign and many option the PC game didn't offer... Just wanted to put that out there. You're making it sound like they're charging $50 for a free game. From what the reviews say, the only thing it has in common with the PC, is the name.

AquaInferno
11-29-2005, 12:39 PM
Just to let you know, this is not a PC port. I haven't played this game, so I can't tell you if it's any good or not, but it's not the PC game. It's a whole new game that's supposed to have a full single player campaign and many option the PC game didn't offer... Just wanted to put that out there. You're making it sound like they're charging $50 for a free game. From what the reviews say, the only thing it has in common with the PC, is the name.

I didn't read up on it to be honest, but for multiplayer def. go with the PC unless somehow on console the actually look of the game is different. Because PC games have the benefit of being upgraded a lot, so if this game on XBox is good but looks like the PC version then basically you're paying for a single player mode. I'm huge into multiplayer, you may not be so I guess make a choice based on these 2 points. But the bottom line is:
One's $50 the other one is free.

Agent51
11-29-2005, 10:10 PM
http://www.americasarmy.com/downloads/

I should have known it was something that blatant, lol, thanks though.

I didn't read up on it to be honest, but for multiplayer def. go with the PC unless somehow on console the actually look of the game is different. Because PC games have the benefit of being upgraded a lot, so if this game on XBox is good but looks like the PC version then basically you're paying for a single player mode. I'm huge into multiplayer, you may not be so I guess make a choice based on these 2 points. But the bottom line is:
One's $50 the other one is free.

Well I don't really want it for multiplayer and I HATE PC games, I'm not a huge gamer and I never did like using a mouse and keyboard for games, maybe because I never got the hang of it and it frustrated me, IDK, I just don't like it. The main reason this game caught my eye was the "recruit to special forces" career advancement mode. Seems like a pretty cool idea and I'd be willing to drop $5 at blockbuster to try it out. I just wanted to know if that mode was only online or if you can play it offline too, the description is confusing.