PDA

View Full Version : Huge Splinter Cell 4 News....h U G E!!!

JPhinfan86
11-30-2005, 01:56 PM
I was tooling around on www.splintercell.com (being that it's my all time fav franchise I was looking for a scoop) and I found out some SHOCKING SHOCKING details about he next Splinter Cell. I had heard earlier that the new one was to be titled Splinter Cell: Anarchy Galore (i dont know if that still stands). I found a link on splintercell.com that said "Beware Sam Fisher"...I click the link then was blown away. The story line says that Sam's daughter Sarah (if you've read the book along with the game you'd know they're very close) is killed in an accident by a drunk driver. WWW.BEWARESAMFISHER.COM has documents and obituaries etc etc. It says that from the severe emotional trauma Sam goes bizerk and robs 10 different banks and goes on a crime spree. He's apprehended during a heist in a Denver Colorado bank after a massive manhunt and is then sentenced to 10 years in prison. It sounds as if he escapes prison and then the audio messages you listen to make it sound as if you're 'hired' by some crime boss to do robberies for him. This absolutely shocked me....an ENTIRELY different direction than the other games and books. I'm still anxiously awaiting the movie set to debut. NEXT POST FOR PHOTOS.

JPhinfan86
11-30-2005, 02:00 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Motion
11-30-2005, 02:04 PM
Cool

JPhinfan86
11-30-2005, 02:12 PM

The bottom one appears to be Sam being trailed by someone....not sure if it's a detective or whatever but you can see he's shaved his head to alter his appearance. At his point he's a fugitive. The top are fingerprints given upon bookings after being caught in Denver.

JPhinfan86
11-30-2005, 02:19 PM
The 1-877-SF1SHER is an actual callable number for further details I assume.

mor911
11-30-2005, 02:23 PM
that's freakin' sweet man! Great post!

Can't wait till they release screen shots... SC4 would be a good reason to buy a 360. At first The Mor said he'd only buy one for Oblivion... I take that back. I'll also buy one for this new Splinter Cell game.

JPhinfan86
11-30-2005, 02:29 PM
Oh man, Splinter Cell is going to be INSANE on 360.....unbelievable. Just think of how great it looked on XBOX....multiply that ten fold. The date set for release is rather vague. It specifies "strict perameters on a release of early June 2006". Long time from now.

Caps
11-30-2005, 04:23 PM
that's freakin' sweet man! Great post!

Can't wait till they release screen shots... SC4 would be a good reason to buy a 360. At first The Mor said he'd only buy one for Oblivion... I take that back. I'll also buy one for this new Splinter Cell game.

Or a PS3;)

mor911
11-30-2005, 04:42 PM
Or a PS3;)
Yeah, but Splinter Cell is to Microsoft what GTA is for Sony... It comes out first on one system, then they port it over to the next later.

Dolfan984
11-30-2005, 07:48 PM
So wait you're Sam Fisher but you're some Robber now?

Caps
11-30-2005, 07:51 PM
I saw some pics of the game in EGM. They were of Sam breaking out of some kind of prison. I must say the game looks pretty cool, but the graphics barely look better than the Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay. Hopefully they'll improve it with more dev time.

AquaInferno
11-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Yes! Splinter Cell 4 won't be like Pandora Tomorrow (Same thing as 1, just new skins and a "new" story.) I never bothered with SC 3 because 2 was killing me with bein the same thing. They had to come back somehow to Hideo Kojima's MGS masterpiece. Of course this won't have **** on MGS 4, but it sounds great.

JPhinfan86
12-01-2005, 05:17 AM
Yes! Splinter Cell 4 won't be like Pandora Tomorrow (Same thing as 1, just new skins and a "new" story.) I never bothered with SC 3 because 2 was killing me with bein the same thing. They had to come back somehow to Hideo Kojima's MGS masterpiece. Of course this won't have **** on MGS 4, but it sounds great.
Yea, you live in that world. King of stealth my @ss....SAM IS, HAS BEEN and ALWAYS WILL BE...Snake only has the 'has been' covered. There are very very few stealth mechanics employed in MGS that are passable. Chronicles of an American elite by a Japanese man vs. Chronicles of a true American Elite by a true American military authority...Clancy owns Kojima HANDS DOWN. I STILL cannot believe in MGS3 I stabbed an alligator for freakin' ever with a knife only to have a can of rations flop into the air....wtf is that?! As i've said before, allowing snake to simply eat the meat must have been too cool of an idea. :rolleyes:

I have a hunch on this new SC game. If you've read the books you will remember the men that hunted Sam by capturing his daughter. I think it may be one possible plot that his daughter doesnt really die in that car but is held captive and Sam is forced to do these things in order to see her again. I realize there are holes but it just seems so drastically bizarre to be true. We shall see, and yes it does say Sam escapes from prison...the sounds bites indicate that you assist someone else on getting out. What I think this is is that Sam committes the robberies as a way to get into prison (it says Sam does absolutely nothing to disguise himself while making the hiests). I think his 'exploiters' are forcing him to bust this person of importance out of the pen along with other tasks. :dunno: I do think this is a very viable plot. I really really hope im right for the sake of the series, it could be a good thing thought. I do commend them on their attempts to mix things up.

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Yea, you live in that world. King of stealth my @ss....SAM IS, HAS BEEN and ALWAYS WILL BE...Snake only has the 'has been' covered. There are very very few stealth mechanics employed in MGS that are passable. Chronicles of an American elite by a Japanese man vs. Chronicles of a true American Elite by a true American military authority...Clancy owns Kojima HANDS DOWN. I STILL cannot believe in MGS3 I stabbed an alligator for freakin' ever with a knife only to have a can of rations flop into the air....wtf is that?! As i've said before, allowing snake to simply eat the meat must have been too cool of an idea. :rolleyes:

I have a hunch on this new SC game. If you've read the books you will remember the men that hunted Sam by capturing his daughter. I think it may be one possible plot that his daughter doesnt really die in that car but is held captive and Sam is forced to do these things in order to see her again. I realize there are holes but it just seems so drastically bizarre to be true. We shall see, and yes it does say Sam escapes from prison...the sounds bites indicate that you assist someone else on getting out. What I think this is is that Sam committes the robberies as a way to get into prison (it says Sam does absolutely nothing to disguise himself while making the hiests). I think his 'exploiters' are forcing him to bust this person of importance out of the pen along with other tasks. :dunno: I do think this is a very viable plot. I really really hope im right for the sake of the series, it could be a good thing thought. I do commend them on their attempts to mix things up.

I don't care about military mechanics, Solid Snake is a better character than Fisher. Even Americans love Snake more. The game Metal Gear in the 80's was the FIRST in stealth, also 1 major diff in the MGS games is that the levels you can go ANYWHERE, you know how many locked doors you see in Splinter Cell? Also The cinematics in all MGS games are amazing, people cried over the Boss and Big Boss scene s in MGS 3. ****in cried man! Same Fisher ain't got **** on Snake and that's real. Gamers love cinematics more than realism, and fun over everything. Look at GTA where's the realness there? Don't gotta be real to be a REAL good game.

There's a reason that people tend to get excited about Metal Gear games, what game stole shine from the Xbox 360 at E3 this year? Metal Gear Solid 4. No way Splinter Cell could steal the show from a console near launch. I'm stating facts man, you're talkin about how you don't like getting rations :lol:

RAS25
12-01-2005, 10:45 AM

that would be awesome i cant wait till the new SC comes out IMO its the best game series out right now and CT is probably my favorite game ever the only complaint i have is they dont release CO-OP levels for download for CT(you get amazing SP kickass multiplayer(when you can find a match)and sweet co-op mode all in one game)....sam fisher>snake:evil:

mor911
12-01-2005, 10:47 AM
Alright guys... Calm down. This thread is called "Huge Splinter Cell 4 News....h U G E!!!" I think that it's here to talk about big news for the new Splinter Cell. We all have our favorites, and they are both great games... But please don't turn this into another MGS VS SC thread. Go create a thread for it, or make a MGS thread. Why do fans of competition games/consoles always have to post negative stuff? Not saying this is your fault Aqua, because JPhin spoke about Snake first... Let's just keep this mature please. :D

:mor911:

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 10:50 AM
Alright guys... Calm down. This thread is called "Huge Splinter Cell 4 News....h U G E!!!" I think that it's here to talk about big news for the new Splinter Cell. We all have our favorites, and they are both great games... But please don't turn this into another MGS VS SC thread. Go create a thread for it, or make a MGS thread. Why do fans of competition games/consoles always have to post negative stuff? Not saying this is your fault Aqua, because JPhin spoke about snale first... Let's just keep this mature please. :D

:mor911:

Don't refer to Snake as snale and then ask me to keep it mature in the same line. You know what that's called...

mor911
12-01-2005, 10:53 AM
It's called a typo dude...

Mindwarp
12-01-2005, 11:04 AM
Don't refer to Snake as snale and then ask me to keep it mature in the same line. You know what that's called...

you need to switch your coffee ;)

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 11:34 AM

Sorry I figured you were being cheap.

mor911
12-01-2005, 11:36 AM
Sorry I figured you were being cheap.
No, I'm a huge fan of MGS and SC. I was just trying to keep the peace. You know how easy these things get carried away into a "Sam Fisher Vs Snake" argument. :D

Agent51
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM

LOL, not sure why, but that response cracked me up.

"You know what thats called?"
"yea......a typo"

:rofl3:

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 04:36 PM
LOL, not sure why, but that response cracked me up.

"You know what thats called?"
"yea......a typo"

:rofl3:

I thought he was being a hypocrite that's what I meant, didn't realize it was a typo, snail or snale as he originally said can be misconstrewed as a attack on Snake.

Agent51
12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
I thought he was being a hypocrite that's what I meant, didn't realize it was a typo, snail or snale as he originally said can be misconstrewed as a attack on Snake.

oh I know dude, I'm not making fun of you, it was just the way that came together, you got kinda defensive for a minute (although it was pretty obvious it was a typo, K and L are right next to each other) and you were like "you know what that's called" and he was like like "it's caled a typo". Again, I have NO CLUE why that cracked me up, prolly cuz I'm over tired, but still, I lost it, lol. I wasn't cracking on you though, just commenting on how it made me laugh.

JPhinfan86
12-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I don't care about military mechanics,
So you don't care that stealth mechanics = strength in stealth rating? Hmm, you've kinda proven my point.
Solid Snake is a better character than Fisher. Snake is a COMPLETE cheap rip off of Kurt Russell's Snake Plisken in look and demeanor. From his cheesy ,monotnous low-tone to his willy nelson bandana....he's a cornball.

Even Americans love Snake more Because you've taken a poll....and you know this to be true?

The game Metal Gear in the 80's was the FIRST in stealth Hmmm, the Model T came before the Corvette so it's better? Wow XBOX came before XBOX 360...it's better. :rolleyes:
also 1 major diff in the MGS games is that the levels you can go ANYWHERE, you know how many locked doors you see in Splinter Cell? Quite OBVIOUSLY you haven't taken the time to play Chaos Theory. For every front door there's a back door and side entrance etc. The linear mechanics were severely redone, much more free roaming.

Gamers love cinematics more than realism, and fun over everything. So you DO admit Splinter Cell is more realistic...thank you.

Look at GTA where's the realness there? Don't gotta be real to be a REAL good game. I completely agree. I'd be ticked if GTA robbed itself of its originality and novelty by trying to be too realistic. However, in this case Splinter Cell is a much more realistic experience for a stealth game....therefore making it a far better stealth title, which you have agreed with. :lol:

JPhinfan86
12-02-2005, 02:43 AM
Not saying this is your fault Aqua, because JPhin spoke about Snake first... :mor911:
Post #12, Aqua's post is proceeded by my post #13....:dunno: You are right though...i'm not too concerned that anyone change their OPINIONS....the game is a phenomenon and will continue to hit the market with mucho acclaim...i'm happy. :up:

THOMAS_54
12-03-2005, 12:28 AM
That storyline sounds awesome, (Sarah has the same b-day as me.)

mor911
12-03-2005, 03:33 AM
Post #12, Aqua's post is proceeded by my post #13....:dunno: You are right though...i'm not too concerned that anyone change their OPINIONS....the game is a phenomenon and will continue to hit the market with mucho acclaim...i'm happy. :up:
Aqua expressed his dislike for Pandora tommorrow in post 12. You started the bashing. Sorry.

AquaInferno
12-03-2005, 10:09 PM
So you don't care that stealth mechanics = strength in stealth rating? Hmm, you've kinda proven my point. Snake is a COMPLETE cheap rip off of Kurt Russell's Snake Plisken in look and demeanor. From his cheesy ,monotnous low-tone to his willy nelson bandana....he's a cornball.
Because you've taken a poll....and you know this to be true?
Hmmm, the Model T came before the Corvette so it's better? Wow XBOX came before XBOX 360...it's better. :rolleyes: Quite OBVIOUSLY you haven't taken the time to play Chaos Theory. For every front door there's a back door and side entrance etc. The linear mechanics were severely redone, much more free roaming.
So you DO admit Splinter Cell is more realistic...thank you.
I completely agree. I'd be ticked if GTA robbed itself of its originality and novelty by trying to be too realistic. However, in this case Splinter Cell is a much more realistic experience for a stealth game....therefore making it a far better stealth title, which you have agreed with. :lol:

Obviously you spend a lot of time dissecting my posts. Well dissect this: Splinter Cell and Metal Gear have been close, I didn't bother with Chaos Thereoy, but I bet you didn't finish Snake Eater. The storyline in Metal Gear destroys the one in Splinter Cell. The games tie together, all 5, with a 6th coming. This is a classic series that has innovated the genre. Splinter Cell one was supposedly cool for the Van Damme style wall split, that cou could do a whole 1-2 times and it actually be useful. :rolleyes: MGS 1 was sealed as best stealth action game long ago, and Splinter Cell hasn't had a title get any claim remotely close. So until I see Splinter Cell dubbed best stealth action game, I'll assume they're still trying to catch up.

JPhinfan86
12-05-2005, 03:44 AM
Maybe YOU did it a whole 1 - 2 times usefully....honestly. When you become really really good with this game you'll find quite a few opportunities to use this technique. I don't say that to simply contradict you...seriously. To say you didn't 'bother' with Chaos Theory makes me understand why you feel as you do towards the series. Chaos Theory has taken the best in the stealth genre to a whole new level with the best graphics (keep in mind that I consider the XBOX version when I speak...the strongest console) in the genre and now boasts an 'M' rating. To be fair i'm going to re-borrow MGS 3 and i'll play it for a bit longer. My problem lies mostly in the fact that the story line itself is much too far fetched to get into. So many things about the plot simply aren't feasible and I realize that isn't always necessary for a great game (i.e. Halo series) but for this genre and this context, Metal Gear is much too 'fantasy' to be taken seriously. Splinter has and will continue to dominate MGS hands down. Every costumer so far that has told me they didn't care for Splinter Cell told me their exact reason was that it was too complicated. I have a feeling this is what drives some away, it is complex and you must be patient (even more so on expert...which is now a cake-walk for me). :cooldude: In this formula they have a more realistic 'stealth' experience plain and simple.

JPhinfan86
12-05-2005, 03:52 AM
Splinter Cell one was supposedly cool for the Van Damme style wall split,
Trust me this is NOT the sole purpose for its popularity. :shakeno: Combining this with other approaches creates a bad@ss experience. If you eventually be come skilled enough at this game you'll use the whole environment to succeed...not something you'll find in MGS. Wow, you can hide in a locker....aaaaand stealth done. Next level. :rolleyes:

Motion
12-07-2005, 01:11 PM
Ubi is tightlipped about what the next Splinter Cell adventure will entail but we've heard Sam will ditch his high-tech gear in favor of some old-fashioned *** kicking. The current rumor is that Sam set himself up as a criminal so that he could infiltrate a maximum security prison and lay the choke on somebody, only counter agents are on to his plan multiple Splinter Cells are sent in to neutralize Fisher.

Sounds awesome!

JPhinfan86
12-08-2005, 10:55 AM
Yea, i've been thinking about it more and it just sounds like the story would create some interesting twists as far as certain characters are concerned. Example: Anna Grimsdottir (the lady that puts all of your missions together tactically) could be contacted by Sam and may help him in some small way etc. etc. I play this series so intently that this, to me, is thee biggest gaming news of the year. I hope it all comes out with the right effect. :up:

JPhinfan86
12-08-2005, 10:59 AM
Oh and btw Inferno, in what movie has Van Dam done a wall-split? I can't really stand to watch many of his movies so I don't quite remember it. The only two of his that I thought were ok were Street Fighter the movie (just cool to see the characters transfer to film) and Kickboxer (one only). Even then I can't really watch those too often.

Caps
12-15-2005, 05:18 PM
I thought you guys would want to read this. (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/675/675621p1.html)

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Ok guys if you go to the forums of SplinterCell.com (to which I just recently registered) you'll see that members have, as a unit, worked to solve the puzzle. Ubisoft is doing what Halo 2 did with www.ilovebees.com. A pre-launch build up with clue that lead to a better understanding of what the game will be. With concrete facts provided by Ubisoft the forum members have produced quite the prediction. Check it out for some shocking details. www.splintercell.com <-- Click "forums" on the left. Then find the offical "beware sam fisher" thread. I'll post a link tomorrow. :up:

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:58 AM
Clues in this whole set-up have included a number you can call. If can ONLY BE DONE with a mobile phone (to kinda advocate the whole on-the-run feel of the games theme). I called it and heard two men speaking. The first says "I wonder if this Fisher guy's as good as they say", the second replies "If he is we use him, if he's not we kill him". The transmission ends and a montone voice (like a voice masking effect) comes in with "WE WILL BE IN CONTACT ON THIS DEVICE SHORTLY, BEWARE". Now at any time i'll be recieving a call with more info (still havent recieved that call).

nevadadolfan
12-22-2005, 07:25 PM
You go JPhinfan86, I like your style!!!!

Motion
12-22-2005, 10:32 PM
Trust me this is NOT the sole purpose for its popularity. :shakeno: Combining this with other approaches creates a bad@ss experience. If you eventually be come skilled enough at this game you'll use the whole environment to succeed...not something you'll find in MGS. Wow, you can hide in a locker....aaaaand stealth done. Next level. :rolleyes:

Now I'm a big fan of SC, but you don't gotta knock MGS. Its on another level.

JPhinfan86
12-23-2005, 03:59 AM
Well I don't really consider it knocking the series with the quote you've chosen. Things MGS does well: Run & Gun, Things it doesn't do at all well: Stealth mechanics. Splinter Cell: Occasional Run & Gun (fine by me) and phenomenal stealth mechanics. I stick by my statement: Splinter is the king of stealth head to head with MGS. Sorry man. :dunno:

Motion
12-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Well I don't really consider it knocking the series with the quote you've chosen. Things MGS does well: Run & Gun, Things it doesn't do at all well: Stealth mechanics. Splinter Cell: Occasional Run & Gun (fine by me) and phenomenal stealth mechanics. I stick by my statement: Splinter is the king of stealth head to head with MGS. Sorry man. :dunno:

If you say so, I think they are completely different styles. MGS 3's camo function is superior to anything SC has. To each their own.

JPhinfan86
12-24-2005, 04:08 AM
Well you are right about ONE thing. They are completely different styles. MGS is a FANTASY sort of game and Splinter Cell leans MUCH closer to a realistic approach.

Motion
01-16-2006, 02:18 AM
SC: Double Agent is the cover story of PSM this month.

JPhinfan86
01-16-2006, 02:20 AM
Yea, I thought I had mentioned that. Check that mag out, it's a FANTASTIC read about what's to come in the series. :up: BTW ---- IM BACK (i'll explain later). :pray: