PDA

View Full Version : Regular marijuana use damages teen brains

BAMAPHIN 22
11-30-2005, 11:37 PM
Adolescents who regularly smoke marijuana risk damaging a key brain pathway associated with language development and some predisposed to schizophrenia may contract the illness early, researchers said Wednesday.

Brain scans revealed microscopic abnormalities in a region of the brain that governs higher aspects of language and listening functions in adolescents who are heavy marijuana smokers.

Similar damage to the bundle of fibers, called the arcuate fasciculus, that connect the Broca's area in the left frontal lobe and the Wernicke's area in the left temporal lobe was found in the brains of marijuana smokers and schizophrenics studied.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10266097/

jnewmant
11-30-2005, 11:38 PM
dammit that's why i'm having trouble learning German

RunningBackGuru
11-30-2005, 11:42 PM
dammit that's why i'm having trouble learning German

:lol:

Nappy Roots
11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Adolescents who regularly smoke marijuana risk damaging a key brain pathway associated with language development and some predisposed to schizophrenia may contract the illness early, researchers said Wednesday.

Brain scans revealed microscopic abnormalities in a region of the brain that governs higher aspects of language and listening functions in adolescents who are heavy marijuana smokers.

Similar damage to the bundle of fibers, called the arcuate fasciculus, that connect the Broca's area in the left frontal lobe and the Wernicke's area in the left temporal lobe was found in the brains of marijuana smokers and schizophrenics studied.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10266097/

oh well :confused2

ABrownLamp
11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
What does "regularly smoke mj" mean?
Thats pretty imprtant info.

Also, anyone who allows themselves to get wrapped up into mj at 17 yrs old to the point that they have issues functioning normaly probably has other things going on as well.

Benjamin Disraeli: "There are 3 types of lies- lies, damn lies and statistics."

Buddwalk
12-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Bout a month clean guys...feeling good too :D

jnewmant
12-01-2005, 01:50 AM
Bout a month clean guys...feeling good too :Dcongrats Budd keep it up

Dolfan5000
12-01-2005, 01:56 AM
Good thing I take Psychology, doesn't sound so foriegn to me. And damn, that sucks for the users.

CirclingWagons
12-01-2005, 01:57 AM
oh well :confused2
:yeahthat:

:bong: :ricky:

Predaphin
12-01-2005, 01:25 PM

Does it???

I'm on my way there...My best freind and I decided to quit as of yesterday....

inFINSible
12-01-2005, 03:03 PM
Brain scans revealed microscopic abnormalities in a region of the brain that governs "higher" aspects of language.....

:chuckle:

Dolfan984
12-01-2005, 04:44 PM
Damn good thing I never did it until my late teen years and actually had some language developed :P

steeda
12-01-2005, 07:24 PM
damn that sucks, in my opinion marijuana is still safer than alcohol and i stand by it.

Nappy Roots
12-01-2005, 07:57 PM
damn that sucks, in my opinion marijuana is still safer than alcohol and i stand by it.

yea i agree.

SECfootball
12-01-2005, 08:04 PM
I'll wait until my 4.0 goes down before I reconsider my habits :D

wazzy
12-01-2005, 08:10 PM
I'll wait until my 4.0 goes down before I reconsider my habits :D

Ya statistics are BS and if there true well then im screwed i guess

NJFINSFAN1
12-01-2005, 08:34 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 08:40 PM
Hey, if it's calmed me down and chilled my agression then I'm gonna keep doin it. It's not nearly as bad as booze and yes I can post links if people would like, but I know most of us Americans glady eat the bull**** the gov't feeds us. Not all of it is, but some things are. Back in the days of prohibition we fought harder for booze why? Cause those who drink it are naturally agressive. Didn't fight so hard for the ganj, why? Cause those who use it are not so agressive. Growers are modern day bootleggers, bootleggers as in booze bootleggers, not pirates.

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Also I'd like to state there are a LOT of things that harm us, cigarette anyone? For the record mj is all I could support really, heroin is too damaging coke makes people too mean and crack is just a ghetto crisis...