PDA

View Full Version : LOL! What a sucker..........

Agent51
12-01-2005, 12:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

I wonder if the person ever paid?

UltraDol-Fan
12-01-2005, 12:22 PM
If he did pay, he'll figure it out when the box shows up. What a dumb a$$

TrueDolFan
12-01-2005, 12:46 PM
That is AWESOME!! :rofl3: I hope that fool did pay $600 for a frickin' box. Just goes to show that at least 90% of people are total idiots!!

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't think it's fair, sellers taking advantage of people and the hype. What if it was some old lady buying what she thought her grandkid wanted. No way she'd know better, anyone who lists a ****in box on ebay is a piece of ****. Buy 2 360's and sell one, don't sell a box.

Agent51
12-01-2005, 05:10 PM
I don't think it's fair, sellers taking advantage of people and the hype. What if it was some old lady buying what she thought her grandkid wanted. No way she'd know better, anyone who lists a ****in box on ebay is a piece of ****. Buy 2 360's and sell one, don't sell a box.

dude, it would be the old lady's own fault, read the description, it says 18374234 times it is JUST a box and "great to play gags on friends". It STRESSES that it is not a system. It's not like the guy doesn't say anything and lets people think it's a system, every other word group is "this is JUST a box, NO SYSTEM". If saying that a million times and STILL having someone buy it thinking its the system is wrong, then I'm not sure I wanna be right, lol, I'd sell a freakin BOX for $600 bucks, anyone who spends $600 on a box is too dumb to deserve that $600.

AquaInferno
12-01-2005, 05:21 PM
dude, it would be the old lady's own fault, read the description, it says 18374234 times it is JUST a box and "great to play gags on friends". It STRESSES that it is not a system. It's not like the guy doesn't say anything and lets people think it's a system, every other word group is "this is JUST a box, NO SYSTEM". If saying that a million times and STILL having someone buy it thinking its the system is wrong, then I'm not sure I wanna be right, lol, I'd sell a freakin BOX for $600 bucks, anyone who spends $600 on a box is too dumb to deserve that $600.

Yea ok, but when do people sell boxes once the hype has died down? Never. These people are obviously trying to dupe people. There's a sense of urgency and adrenaline on ebay. As the auction nears it's end it gets worse. People skim and $600 for a 360 seems like a great deal now.. These guys are looking to make their money back for the 360 by selling cardboard. If they were so honest take pics of the box inside out and show it empty. Notice they all use stock photos? They're like the people who call me up sayin I won $1,000 and need my bank info :rolleyes:

Agent51
12-01-2005, 05:43 PM
Yea ok, but when do people sell boxes once the hype has died down? Never. These people are obviously trying to dupe people. There's a sense of urgency and adrenaline on ebay. As the auction nears it's end it gets worse. People skim and $600 for a 360 seems like a great deal now.. These guys are looking to make their money back for the 360 by selling cardboard. If they were so honest take pics of the box inside out and show it empty. Notice they all use stock photos? They're like the people who call me up sayin I won $1,000 and need my bank info :rolleyes:

Lol, true, but all I can really say to that is if they are smart enough to get you to fall for something then I guess they deserve it. You are smart enough not to give the people your bank info, so you outsmart the con man and keep your $, others aren't and they lose their money, it's a fact of life. If it were me buying a 360, or ANYTHING on eBay I would read every little detail before I entered my bid. Of course I would be super excited when browsing for a 360 and I see one for $600, but immediately my common sense would kick in and I'd wonder why THAT one is only $600 when all the rest are over $1,000. It would be suspicious right away so I would go over the description with a fine-toothed comb. If someone is in too much of a rush to cover all the bases and read all the details then there's nothing to say except they deserve to be "duped". The way society is today everyone is just looking to make the quick dollar from everyone else, people should be wary. Not "oh know the government listens to my thoughts" wary, lol, but cautious with money and personal info. It still amazes me how many people DON'T CARE where there info goes these days. I could prolly be more cautious myself, but at leats I read about things before I purchase them.

Amars
12-01-2005, 05:48 PM
what about the 19 other bids

Agent51
12-01-2005, 06:04 PM
what about the 19 other bids

LOL, all I can say is :shakeno: . I have 3 friends that got one, I should just ask them for one of their boxes and try it, what's the worst that could happen, I make $ off of nothing? Sounds pretty sweet to me. I could by the bar shots all night with the money I made from an EMPTY videogame BOX, haha.

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
he'll get out of paying that...

Agent51
12-01-2005, 09:10 PM
he'll get out of paying that...

UNless he already sent it out because he is totally clueless and thinks it's the actual system, otherwise, why else would you bid if you knew it was just the box? I can see maybe a few bucks just to play pranks on friends or something, but someone actually had to bid $600, in fact, other people had to bid that high too for it to get pushed to $611, it just boggles my mind how people can be so dumb.

darkmistress
12-02-2005, 12:04 AM
wasn't there "just a box" that went for over $800 the other day? someone won that one too and it had about 20 bids...some people are weird lol... If you're that desperate for one just go to your local EB and ask if you can have one of their display boxes...lol

English 'Fin
12-02-2005, 06:47 AM

Totally agree, although you wont get MANY old ladies on ebay, your point is certainly valid.

LtDan
12-02-2005, 08:27 AM
There were several boxes sold on there by the same person...they went for $800+, $530, and $504. There was a thread somewhere in here about that.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8235917501

JPhinfan86
12-08-2005, 11:11 AM
In the product description it says "It is a HANDMADE box, made by me. It says XBOX right on the side and it looks NOTHING LIKE THE PICTURE." What a p.o.s.....wow. :shakeno: I cannot believe that.

JPhinfan86
12-08-2005, 11:13 AM
If you're that desperate for one just go to your local EB and ask if you can have one of their display boxes...lol
Yea, seriously. We have DISPLAY boxes at Rhino Videogames that are the same as the product box (only they're not the same type of cardboard, they're for display purposes).

s-one
12-08-2005, 12:50 PM
Man that is insanely foul. You send me just a box I would be hot! :yell:

Agent51
12-08-2005, 01:44 PM
Man that is insanely foul. You send me just a box I would be hot! :yell:

Don't bid $600 on just a box then.