PDA

View Full Version : "Quotes"

17-0
12-01-2005, 06:29 PM
How do you quote more than one person at a time??

17-0
12-01-2005, 08:58 PM
Anybody,

How do you quote more than one person at a time in the same thread?

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 09:09 PM
You have to be inventive. BTW, your Sig is too large, if you don't fix it soon, I'll have to remove it.

17-0
12-01-2005, 09:31 PM
You have to be inventive. BTW, your Sig is too large, if you don't fix it soon, I'll have to remove it.

What do you mean be inventive?

ILPhinFan88
12-01-2005, 09:50 PM

The way I do it is: Quote the first one, highlight and copy. Then go to the next one quote it and paste the other.

Jimmy James
12-01-2005, 10:02 PM
The way I do it is: Quote the first one, highlight and copy. Then go to the next one quote it and paste the other.

Similarly, you can break up a person's quotes in a similar way. You take the passage you want to quote that already has its quote tags around it, divide it up, and add quote tags to open and close the quotes as necessary.

welderpat
12-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildbill3

Quote:

Anybody,

12-01-2005 05:29 PM

FinHeaven Wear • Donate! • Roster • Salary Cap • TOS

FinHeaven & Co Forums > Site Related Forums > Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions > "Quotes"
Reply to Thread
Your info:
User: welderpat
PMs: 0, Total 5.

User CP PMs FAQ Members List Poker/Gambling Arcade Shoutbox New posts Search Quick Links Log Out

Poker
PartyPoker
Poker Room
Betting & Gambling
BetGameDay
VIPSports
Bet19
BetEuro
Want a Company Added?

Advanced Search
Quick Links
Mark Forums Read
Open Buddy List
User Control Panel
Edit Signature
Edit Avatar
Edit Profile
Edit Options
Miscellaneous
PMs
Subscribed Threads
My Profile
Who's Online
Thread: "Quotes" Reply to Thread
Logged in as welderpat Please be aware of our TOS. Thank you - Staff.

Title:

[Font] Arial Arial Black Arial Narrow Book Antiqua Century Gothic Comic Sans MS Courier New Fixedsys Franklin Gothic Medium Garamond Georgia Impact Lucida Console Lucida Sans Unicode Microsoft Sans Serif Palatino Linotype System Tahoma Times New Roman Trebuchet MS Verdana [Size] 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [Color] Black Sienna Dark Olive Green Dark Green Dark Slate Blue Navy Indigo Dark Slate Gray Dark Red Dark Orange Olive Green Teal Blue Slate Gray Dim Gray Red Sandy Brown Yellow Green Sea Green Medium Turquoise Royal Blue Purple Gray Magenta Orange Yellow Lime Cyan Deep Sky Blue Dark Orchid Silver Pink Wheat Lemon Chiffon Pale Green Pale Turquoise Light Blue Plum White Close Current Tag

Close All Tags

Guided Mode Enhanced Mode

Quote:

Quote:

Anybody,

Smilies

[More]

Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
No icon

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Show your signature
Automatically parse links in text
Disable smilies in text Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt
Thread SubscriptionNotification Type:
Do not subscribe No email notification Instant email notification Daily email notification Weekly email notification
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.
Choose a rating 5 : Excellent 4 : Good 3 : Average 2 : Bad 1 : Terrible

Topic Review (Newest First)

12-01-2005 08:50 PM
ILPhinFan88 Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17-0

12-01-2005 08:31 PM
17-0 Quote:

What do you mean be invited.
12-01-2005 08:09 PM
Wildbill3 You have to be inventive. BTW, your Sig is too large, if you don't fix it soon, I'll have to remove it.
12-01-2005 07:58 PM
17-0 Anybody,

17-0 How do you quote more than one person at a time??

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may post attachments
You may edit your posts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Search powered by Google:

Web FinHeaven & Co

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.

Contact Us - FinHeaven & Co - Archive - Top
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2005, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Copyright © 2000-2004 FinHeaven & Co

I dn't know Ive never been able to figure that stuff out

17-0
12-01-2005, 10:06 PM

Thanks for Nothing

Similarly, you can break up a person's quotes in a similar way. You take the passage you want to quote that already has its quote tags around it, divide it up, and add quote tags to open and close the quotes as necessary.

Thank You

Thank you

Martel
12-01-2005, 10:09 PM
This place is serious.

FIN-IN-RI
12-01-2005, 10:22 PM

LOL.

There was NO need for that. WHATSOEVER!

17-0
12-01-2005, 10:32 PM
LOL.

There was NO need for that. WHATSOEVER!

Yeah, it was uncalled for. I thought this was the Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions Forum. I hate to see he would treat a VIP or Premium member, oh wait I am both. Instead of help I got sarcasm and harassed about a Sig I cleared with another MOD. It was very hard to follow the TOS rules, but he's a MOD so i probably would have gotten suspended for something he started.

RWhitney014
12-01-2005, 10:35 PM

:lol: Classic!

Looks like Bill's having a bad day...:rofl3:

But I will say one thing. Although I and every other member of this site (should) appreciate the financial support that VIP/Premium members give, there shouldn't be preferential treatment for them. Rules are rules.

Still, that was hilarious, Bill. :chuckle:

Prime
12-01-2005, 10:44 PM

But I will say one thing. Although I and every other member of this site (should) appreciate the financial support that VIP/Premium members give, there shouldn't be preferential treatment for them. Rules are rules.

Right on the money. We should all be treated the same here, nobody here is different then the other.

17-0
12-01-2005, 10:49 PM

I'm not asking for preferential treatment, the sig was cleared with another MOD. And I shouldn't have to put up with his crap because he had a bad day or because he's a "MOD".

Jimmy James
12-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm not asking for preferential treatment, the sig was cleared with another MOD. And I shouldn't have to put up with his crap because he had a bad day or because he's a "MOD".

If your signature doesn't fit the rules, the other mod should have never cleared it IMHO. I don't see how you can expect WB to know about that, either.

That's my 1/50th of a dollar.

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:03 PM
If your signature doesn't fit the rules, the other mod should have never cleared it IMHO. I don't see how you can expect WB to know about that, either.

That's my 1/50th of a dollar.

This has nothing to do with the SIG, I already changed it.

But I guess it's OK for Wildbill for be an *** to whoever he wants. I might have expected it from newbie in the main forum, but not a from a MOD.

RWhitney014
12-01-2005, 11:06 PM

I'm not saying you were asking for preferential treatment, but it does happen once in a while. I felt this was the proper place and time to bring it up.

And JJ's right, it shouldn't have been cleared, regardless of whether it was or not. And almost all of us have had their sigs taken away at one point or another, it's no big deal. Plenty of people will be glad to resize it for you in a jiff.

RWhitney014
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
This has nothing to do with the SIG, I already changed it.

But I guess it's OK for Wildbill for be an *** to whoever he wants. I might have expected it from newbie in the main forum, but not a from a MOD.

I know Bill pretty well as far as this site goes, and I'm sure he wasn't specifically trying to single you out and be mean to you. I agree he could have been more tactful, but hey, it's tough love. Shake it off and move on, no biggie. :)

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 11:09 PM
I did cut him some slack, if he wasn't vip or above I would've killed his sig already, as it is I gave him over 24 hours to fix his sig, and as of right now, it still isn't in compliance.

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:10 PM
I'm not saying you were asking for preferential treatment, but it does happen once in a while. I felt this was the proper place and time to bring it up.

And JJ's right, it shouldn't have been cleared, regardless of whether it was or not. And almost all of us have had their sigs taken away at one point or another, it's no big deal. Plenty of people will be glad to resize it for you in a jiff.

I have no issue with changing my SIG. My problem was with the answer to the original question asked in the thread. The SIG thing was a coincidence.

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 11:12 PM
Yeah, it was uncalled for. I thought this was the Complaints, Suggestions, and Questions Forum. I hate to see he would treat a VIP or Premium member, oh wait I am both. Instead of help I got sarcasm and harassed about a Sig I cleared with another MOD. It was very hard to follow the TOS rules, but he's a MOD so i probably would have gotten suspended for something he started.well it is obvious that you are definalty full of complaints. Here is one from me, your sig is over 40K. 40K is the limit for any member here, you'll find a few that are a few K over, and those probably won't be hit, but for your sig to be 43K over? I don't care if another mod did clear it, it is against TOS.

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=111330 your thread yesterday... which also has a more polite warning from me. I have now asked you at least three times to fix your sig, twice that you know of.

RWhitney014
12-01-2005, 11:16 PM
So it looks like there was just a little misunderstanding, that's all. Bill was just doing his job, and I don't think 17-0 saw the first warning because there was no response. Once again, it's really not a big deal.

RAS25
12-01-2005, 11:18 PM
you should be able to use this sig dude
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/1706vd400x1304dg-1.jpg

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 11:19 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/1706vd400x1304dg-1.jpgthank you.

byroan
12-01-2005, 11:27 PM

Who was the "Mod" who cleared it?

I hate to see he would treat a VIP or Premium member, oh wait I am both.

Everyone is treated the same.

darkmistress
12-01-2005, 11:34 PM

lol you're sig is too big ;)

RAS25
12-01-2005, 11:39 PM
lol you're sig is too big ;)
:refuse: i have no idea what your takling about.

:wink:

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:47 PM
Who was the "Mod" who cleared it?

Everyone is treated the same.

Warfrat was who I asked, I made several changes to it and he did not tell me to make it smaller after the last one. It was not a definitive answer, probably my fault for not following up. Also Wildbill, I did not see your warning in the thread yesterday, I did not go back after Dark Mistress fixed my Avatar. I would not have directly ignored the rules. I do not know a lot about computers, and do not know how to check the size of a file or picture. This place is where I spend 95% of the time I'm on a computer. I will fix the Sig or remove it.

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:51 PM

Thank You

Jimmy James
Warfrat was who I asked, I made several changes to it and he did not tell me to make it smaller after the last one. It was not a definitive answer, probably my fault for not following up. Also Wildbill, I did not see your warning in the thread yesterday, I did not go back after Dark Mistress fixed my Avatar. I would not have directly ignored the rules. I do not know a lot about computers, and do not know how to check the size of a file or picture. This place is where I spend 95% of the time I'm on a computer. I will fix the Sig or remove it.

Let us know if you need additional help other than what RAS25 has done already.

Wildbill3
Warfrat was who I asked, I made several changes to it and he did not tell me to make it smaller after the last one. It was not a definitive answer, probably my fault for not following up. Also Wildbill, I did not see your warning in the thread yesterday, I did not go back after Dark Mistress fixed my Avatar. I would not have directly ignored the rules. I do not know a lot about computers, and do not know how to check the size of a file or picture. This place is where I spend 95% of the time I'm on a computer. I will fix the Sig or remove it.You asked wharf? what were you thinking? :lol:

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:53 PM
Is this OK

RAS25
12-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Thank You

NP bro :up:

now i gotta fix mine:lol:

Wildbill3
12-01-2005, 11:56 PM
:up:
Is this OK

17-0
12-01-2005, 11:59 PM
NP bro :up:

now i gotta fix mine:lol:

I don't understand:hmmm: , it looks exactly the same. How can the file be smaller.

Jimmy James
12-02-2005, 01:01 AM
I don't understand:hmmm: , it looks exactly the same. How can the file be smaller.

It's magic. ;)

I can't say for sure because I didn't have a hand in fixing it, but I'm guessing you either changed file formats there or the new signature is a more highly compressed JPEG.

The most obvious way to store an image is to give each pixel an address and a value for color. That is also the way that takes up the most space. That is what a bitmap (BMP) is. There are other ways smart people came up with that involve who knows what, including something called lossy compression. That cuts down on the file size. That's about as much as I can say without making myself look terribly ignorant. As it is, I'm sure somebody would be able to laugh at me.

byroan
12-02-2005, 01:03 AM
It's magic. ;)

I can't say for sure because I didn't have a hand in fixing it, but I'm guessing you either changed file formats there or the new signature is a more highly compressed JPEG.

The most obvious way to store an image is to give each pixel an address and a value for color. That is also the way that takes up the most space. That is what a bitmap (BMP) is. There are other ways smart people came up with that involve who knows what, including something called lossy compression. That cuts down on the file size. That's about as much as I can say without making myself look terribly ignorant. As it is, I'm sure somebody would be able to laugh at me.

You made it sound good, no laughs here. ;)

WharfRat
12-02-2005, 09:30 AM
You asked wharf? what were you thinking? :lol:

:tantrum: