PDA

View Full Version : Talking about fans

BrazForPhins
12-01-2005, 09:13 PM
As I saw many of fins fans complaining/discussing about the fans' support at the pro player stadium, I wished i could show my hometown soccer team fans support though I didn't a video. Now I got one, and an unbelievable one!:D
from last year..the last song the fans are yelling is our "fight song", the official one,for many years..

if you're curious enough to watch it.....
the link where you can download the video, not very big, about 4mb
http://rapidshare.de/files/8463895/Galo3x0S_oCaetano2004.mpg.html

the sound is not great, believe me, at the stadium is much much louder ;)

edit:the video starts when the team is entering the field, before the game begin

mor911
12-01-2005, 09:19 PM
Are you kidding me? It sounds like the crowd is destroying the place! That's awesome.

BrazForPhins
12-01-2005, 09:27 PM
Are you kidding me? It sounds like the crowd is destroying the place! That's awesome.

LOL! isn't it? these fans are amazing..it's very cool when everybody is rolling their shirts in the air, I'll post if i find some video with it..

unfortunately we had a crap season in 2005 and for the first time ever, the team went down to the 2nd division...even though we had the 3rd best average attendance!it's a good thing the NFL has it's only division...so teams are not penalized for having horrible records...but we will make it back next season!

ILPhinFan88
12-01-2005, 09:28 PM
As I saw many of fins fans complaining/discussing about the fans' support at the pro player stadium, I wished i could show my hometown soccer team fans support though I didn't a video. Now I got one, and an unbelievable one!:D
from last year..the last song the fans are yelling is our "fight song", the official one,for many years..

edit:the video starts when the team is entering the field, before the game begin

I have a question maybe you can help me. My daughters soccer tell yells a chant before every game, us parents have asked them what they are saying but they are not sure. It sounds like it maybe spanish or something like that. I may be spelling these way off, was wandering if it was a popular soccer chant.

Vamos da qeto vamos da qeto, luchen luchen luchen.

They say this over and over getting louder each time

BrazForPhins
12-01-2005, 09:35 PM
I have a question maybe you can help me. My daughters soccer tell yells a chant before every game, us parents have asked them what they are saying but they are not sure. It sounds like it maybe spanish or something like that. I may be spelling these way off, was wandering if it was a popular soccer chant.

well it can be portuguese..it's not very the same, but kind of similar..if it's portuguese..I understood part of it,the translation for this would be

"Vamos" is Let's Go!, or just Go!
da qeto I really don't know what it can be..
luchen may be "Lutem" that means Fight (not in an offensive way)

ILPhinFan88
12-01-2005, 09:37 PM
well it can be portuguese..it's not very the same, but kind of similar..if it's portuguese..I understood part of it,the translation for this would be

"Vamos" is Let's Go!, or just Go!
da qeto I really don't know what it can be..
luchen may be "Lutem" that means Fight (not in an offensive way)

Cool, Thanks

It might not be da qeto, shes not here right now to ask. Thats just what it sounds like from the sidelines

BrazForPhins
12-01-2005, 09:38 PM
Cool, Thanks

It might not be da qeto, shes not here right now to ask. Thats just what it sounds like from the sidelines

all right man! ask her later, I'm curious now lol
but indeed, it seems a brazilian chant

finsrule84
12-05-2005, 09:32 PM
nah it's most likely spanish. luchen is the spanish word for fight

Muck
12-05-2005, 11:30 PM
That's incredible.

I had a friend who was from Brazil. I went to his house during the last World Cup to watch the championship game. It started at like 3 AM. I was exhausted. I just couldn't stay awake. He and his brother?? Their screams woke me every five minutes. :lol:

He always said there was nothing like going to soccer games in Brazil. He was certainly right.

Califin
12-06-2005, 12:37 AM
That is intense!
Where is that?
I was watching the "Worlds Most Amazing Videos" the other night, and on it was a soccer stadium, I believe in S.America, that despite seating an allotted 150,000 fans, was filled beyond capacity!
So much infact, that eventually one of the mezzanines collapsed with over 50 peeps falling to the crowds below.
While that venue appeared similiar in vastness, the crowd did'nt seem anywhere close, to the ominous congregation thats amassed in your "vid" rockin the house, and taxing the hell outa that stadium's structural integrity.

Quelonio
12-06-2005, 12:49 AM

They are probably saying... Vamos equipo, vamos equipo, luchen luchen luchen....

Which means Let's go team, lets go team, fight fight fight. In spanish, that is what I would say sounds closer to them

Soccer is like that, for all the criticism that it gets in the states about being boring to watch, it sure as hell brings up the best damn fans in the bussiness. When i was in school in MExico I was in UNAM which have their own professional soccer team called Pumas. And boy that crowd is crazy for their team. THere is not a single minute from the game where they will stop.

I cheer for a different one, the red sharks of Veracruz, and we always bring drums to the stadium and yell, but I would say that Pumas' fans are by far the biggest in MExico.... As long as it does not turn into argentina (people are crazy there)

Quelonio
12-06-2005, 12:51 AM
That is intense!
Where is that?
I was watching the "Worlds Most Amazing Videos" the other night, and on it was a soccer stadium, I believe in S.America, that despite seating an allotted 150,000 fans, was filled beyond capacity!
So much infact, that eventually one of the mezzanines collapsed with over 50 peeps falling to the crowds below.
While that venue appeared similiar in vastness, the crowd did'nt seem anywhere close, to the ominous congregation thats amassed in your "vid" rockin the house, and taxing the hell outa that stadium's structural integrity.

I remember watching Pumas play America, in the home stadium, and the Pumas fans where jumping, and I swear the stadium was moving with them, I was afraid the thing would collapse, but they where all jumping and shouting...

"Como no te voy a querer, como no te voy a querer...."

Califin
12-06-2005, 12:57 AM
Just curious, but whats the alcohol policy followed there?

If served beer through halftime, a crowd of that size in LA, would likely end up rolling over, and torching every car from Inglewood to Santa Monica, and at least every other bus. :rofl3:

Quelonio
12-06-2005, 01:19 AM
Well alcohol is always served, but then again games do not last as long as they do in football.

Talos
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM

That's awesome. I love seeing fans being supportive of a team. I've been to baseball games where the fans go crazy when something happens, but Ive never been to a football game that has quite the same feel as what you're showing.

I've been to tons of Dolphins games and while the crowd gets excited, they just don't have that kind of drive behind them. It's just an electric feeling that for some reason just doesn't happen down here. It's probably due to the large amount of transients in this area.