FIN-IN-RI
12-03-2005, 10:52 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

FIN-IN-RI
12-03-2005, 10:52 PM
looks funky but id have to hold it to understand it's full symmetry

Clark Kent
12-04-2005, 01:19 AM
looks funky but id have to hold it to understand it's full symmetry It's a wait and see type deal. I don't understand why Sony would change it though... Most people really liked the old DS anyway. Don't mess with success, or some other trite sayings...

MillerTime
12-04-2005, 01:28 AM
I like the current ones more

NuttyFin
12-04-2005, 01:33 AM
looks funky but id have to hold it to understand it's full symmetry

:yeahthat:

Motion
12-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Everyone threw a fit when they first released pictures of the PS3 controller. Saying how dumb it looked and how they didn't like it. I don't see why, it looks like it would be very natural to hold and easy to use to me, I like it.

GridIronKing34
12-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Looks fine to me... It didn't really change much except it gives us a more natural handshape. I think everyone will like it in time. Plus it's not huge, that's a plus.

spydertl79
12-04-2005, 01:59 PM
I played the 360, I'm very happy that they got rid of those damn black and white buttons.

Miami 13
12-04-2005, 06:29 PM
I like the current ones more
Have you held the PS3 one yet? That one actually looks more comfortable.

1stDownRBrown
12-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Best controller ever was the orignial Sega Dreamcast controller. Xbox tried to copy it with their big-controller I believe but it was no where near as good. their small controllers are much better than their big controller.

Agent51
12-05-2005, 03:03 PM
Everyone threw a fit when they first released pictures of the PS3 controller. Saying how dumb it looked and how they didn't like it. I don't see why, it looks like it would be very natural to hold and easy to use to me, I like it.

I thought it looked more comfortable, I just though the sides looked excessively long, but seeing it in an actual hand now puts it into perspective so now I have no worries/doubts.

Slappy8800
12-05-2005, 06:52 PM
so no rumble feature with the PS3? :(

TrueDolFan
12-06-2005, 11:55 AM
The best controller ever made is the Alps Gamepad - made by Alps Interactive for the PS1. Not many people knew about this thing, but I'm telling you guys that in my 25 years of playing video games, nothing has ever come close to being as comfortable in my hands than my Alps. http://www.vidgames.com/ps/hardware/alpspad.jpgI hope this link works!

Anyhoo, the new PS3 controller looks almost IDENTICAL to my precious Alps Gamepad!! I have always DESPISED Sony's crappy controllers - especially the HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE excuse for a D-pad. This controller is just what the doctor ordered for Sony. I can't tell you how excited I was to see that the new controller is pretty much a clone of the Alps!! If it's half as good as my Alps, it's gonna be AWESOME!

AquaInferno
12-06-2005, 02:52 PM
I played the 360, I'm very happy that they got rid of those damn black and white buttons.

Yea MS was smart to gt rid of those, they ruined the controls for Madden no doubt! I do like how they ripped off the Dreamcast controller tho, the DC controller was good for fighting games, so don't be suprised if more and more fighter pop up for 360. Also MS is willing to take fighters online more than Sony. Look at the Xbox versions of Street Fighter: Anniversary Collection and Guilty Gear X2, both online, their PS2 counterparts were not.

Dolphin1184
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM
Best controller ever was the orignial Sega Dreamcast controller. Xbox tried to copy it with their big-controller I believe but it was no where near as good. their small controllers are much better than their big controller.

What a shame the Dreamcast went down the crapper. That was an awesome system. I was an idiot for going with sega again in the first place considering their past history with console systems. They gave up on a system yet again.

Blitz
12-08-2005, 04:26 AM
When the PSX came out way back in 1995, I didn't really like the controller and found it much less comfortable than the SNES's controller. I learned to love it over time, though, and the analog controller was certainly an improvement. I'm interested in trying out the PS3 controller. I bet it's as comfortable as it looks in that picture...

TheAnswer385
12-08-2005, 06:55 AM
looks to me like i will be able to squeez and break it to easily when i get jacked at madden