PDA

View Full Version : Movie Review- " I Walk The Line"

Fin Fan in Cali
12-03-2005, 11:12 PM
I just thought I would pass along a Great movie I saw today with my wife of 13 years for our anniversary. I Walk The Line, the movie about Johnny Cash is outstanding. If you have went through pains in your life or struggles, I think you will be able to realte one way or another. I give it 5 stars on the John scale. Reese Witherspoon plays June Carter Cash, and Juaquin (Sp) Phoenix plays Johnny. It was about 2 hours and 15 minutes, but very enjoyable. Just thought I would pass it along.;)

mor911
12-03-2005, 11:19 PM
Sweet! What if you're not into his music? Would you still enjoy it?

Buddwalk
12-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Awesome man...I doubt i'll get a chance to see it unless my gf wants to

Fin Fan in Cali
12-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Sweet! What if you're not into his music? Would you still enjoy it?Yes! Brother Mor it's not all honky tonk, but more acoustic songs, with a lot of fun times, but yet a bunch of times where things in life seem to just totally suck, but there comes true happiness after all. back in the days when drinking beer and playing rock n roll was fun. Jerry Lee Lewis, Buddy Holly,and Elvis are young and just starting out as well, and are in the movie as well. Along with Waylon Jennings. We like it so much we stopped and got a Johnny Cash cd on the way home.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Brother Mor, how is your whoopty running? Hopefully she is having a good string of luck.;)

King Nate
12-04-2005, 03:04 AM
I saw this movie a couple weeks ago and I too liked it a lot. The people in the theater must have thought I was some crazy Johnny Cash fan though because I went with this girl I work with right after our shift one night so I didn't have time to change out of my work clothes. I work at Godiva Chocolatier and we are required to dress in all black...

Fin Fan in Cali
12-04-2005, 03:07 AM
I saw this movie a couple weeks ago and I too liked it a lot. The people in the theater must have thought I was some crazy Johnny Cash fan though because I went with this girl I work with right after our shift one night so I didn't have time to change out of my work clothes. I work at Godiva Chocolatier and we are required to dress in all black...That's great stuff brother Nate. I am glad you liked it. I really enjoyed the movie too.:)

dominizzo
12-04-2005, 04:37 AM
i like it aso i saw it

spydertl79
12-04-2005, 08:45 PM
I liked it. I'm not a big fan of his music but if I have to listen to "country" then he's my first choice.

SkapePhin
12-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Johnny Cash is the frickin MAN! I still havent seen this film though.. But Im a big Cash fan.

jnewmant
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I saw the film opening night, this was one of the best movies i've seen in a long time, if anybody hasn't seen it yet it's well worth the five dollar ticket. Pheonix and Witherspoon both put up oscar worthy performances.

mor911
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
Brother Mor, how is your whoopty running? Hopefully she is having a good string of luck.;)
Sebulba's been running great lately! :D

Blitz
12-04-2005, 09:12 PM
Sweet! What if you're not into his music? Would you still enjoy it?

I'm not a big fan of his music, but I loved the movie. The movie actually made me dig his music more than I thought possible. In fact, I might pick up a copy of the soundtrack...

SkapePhin
12-04-2005, 11:53 PM
I'm not a big fan of his music, but I loved the movie. The movie actually made me dig his music more than I thought possible. In fact, I might pick up a copy of the soundtrack...

You need to check out his AMERICAN series.. They are mostly covers from when he is all old in the 90s.. He gives some extra meaning to songs such as NIN's "Hurt"

Talos
12-05-2005, 11:17 AM
I'm a big Cash fan, and still haven't seen it. I wanted to see it this past weekend but was too busy with the FSU game and the Dolphins game and stuff I had to do around the house.

Fin Fan in Cali
12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
I'm a big Cash fan, and still haven't seen it. I wanted to see it this past weekend but was too busy with the FSU game and the Dolphins game and stuff I had to do around the house.Bro you got to make sometime and see this movie. Very good!

Jt0323
12-05-2005, 09:28 PM
I really want to see this move, the best movie of the year it looks like