PDA

View Full Version : PSU/FSU Orange Bowl Looking Like A Reality!

Nublar7
12-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Wow, what a great Orange Bowl game that would be. Two legendary coaches facing off for the very first time. Go FSU, finish off VT! I want to see you guys in the Orange. :)

MelbournePhin
12-03-2005, 11:28 PM
fsu will stomp PSU :)

ether79
12-03-2005, 11:43 PM
fsu will stomp PSU :)

:rofl3: I don;t know I still think it will be a PSU v ND Fiesta bowl..we'll see tommorrow.

K-train
12-03-2005, 11:45 PM
How Did Reid Catch That???!!!

MelbournePhin
12-03-2005, 11:52 PM
i want to see ND vs FSU

dm416
12-04-2005, 12:03 AM
I want to see FSU vs WestVirginia in the "Nobody Cares" Bowl

MelbournePhin
12-04-2005, 12:04 AM

bitter cane fan??

dm416
12-04-2005, 12:07 AM
bitter cane fan??

Why should we be bitter, we're still the best team in the ACC

Philter25
12-04-2005, 01:20 AM
it will be PSU/FSU in the Orange and ND/OSU in the Fiesta

Philter25
12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Aww man. This is awesome. Nubs, Im gonna be in Miami the 1st-4th for the Orange Bowl. I could have sworn we would play tech in a game I was a little weary of. I thought their defense could hold us in check and I woulda been ticked off if I went to Miami to see PSU lose to Tech.

lol this is going to be great. :lol:

SMadison29
12-04-2005, 01:24 AM

Yeah, like last year's Pitt vs Utah Fiesta Bowl last year. The BCS sucks.

Caps
12-04-2005, 01:27 AM
Yeah, like last year's Pitt vs Utah Fiesta Bowl last year. The BCS sucks.

100% suckage.

SMadison29
12-04-2005, 01:27 AM
It's looking like:

Rose Bowl: USC v Texas

Orange Bowl: Florida State v Penn State

Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame v Ohio State

Sugar Bowl: Georgia v West Virginia

Oregon & Miami get screwed this year out of a BCS bowl because of the Big LEast champ & FSU's fluke win.

Philter25
12-04-2005, 01:28 AM
You know its sad when the best BCS game is going to be 2 teams that didnt win their conference in ND and OSU. The other 3 should be blowouts.

Nublar7
12-04-2005, 01:38 AM
Aww man. This is awesome. Nubs, Im gonna be in Miami the 1st-4th for the Orange Bowl. I could have sworn we would play tech in a game I was a little weary of. I thought their defense could hold us in check and I woulda been ticked off if I went to Miami to see PSU lose to Tech.

lol this is going to be great. :lol:
Whew, FSU gave me a scare there near the end. Glad they came up with the "W". All signs point to a FSU/PSU Orange Bowl. Can't wait until the selection show tomorrow night at 5. :)

I am also going to be in Florida over Christmas/New Years. I will be trying like crazy to get tickets to the game. Hopefully I will be able to. :pray:

nolefin
12-04-2005, 01:41 AM
It's looking like:

Rose Bowl: USC v Texas

Orange Bowl: Florida State v Penn State

Fiesta Bowl: Notre Dame v Ohio State

Sugar Bowl: Georgia v West Virginia

Oregon & Miami get screwed this year out of a BCS bowl because of the Big LEast champ & FSU's fluke win.

fsu beat the teams they needed to beat and miami did not, end of story

eckerdguy
12-04-2005, 02:11 AM
You Miami fans need to get over yourselves. You lost to FSU the first game of the season and FSU beat VTECH. Seems like FSU is very deserving of the ACC crown this year. So what they lost 3 games in a row but you know what they beat the 3 teams they needed to beat to be ACC champs.

And whomever thinks this is a fluke win obviously wasn't watching the same game I was. Sure it ended up being a 5 point win but FSU dominated VTECH in every facet of this game.

And this year most people aren't gonna give a rats *** about the other BCS games, they got the biggie in USC vs Texas.

Nublar7
12-04-2005, 02:33 AM
I am jumping the gun with my new sig banner? :couch:

DolfanDaveInATX
12-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Wow, what a great Orange Bowl game that would be. Two legendary coaches facing off for the very first time. Go FSU, finish off VT! I want to see you guys in the Orange. :)

That is not true. On December 28, 1990, Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden faced off in the inaugural Blockbuster Bowl at Joe Robbie Stadium. I was at the game and still have the plastic cup from that night. I think I may also have the game program but I'll have to check around for that. But it will be great to see that matchup one more time.

Muck
12-04-2005, 10:30 AM
It does suck that a team with 4 losses is playing in the second most prestigious bowl game of the year (Orange, Jan. 3) while a team like Oregon, whose only loss was to USC, can't get into the BCS. Can't fault FSU for that. But the system is once again flawed.

MelbournePhin
12-04-2005, 10:37 AM
my sig sums it up

Philter25
12-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I really think Paterno and Bowden should sign an agreement to have at this WWE style. Only it should be WINNER retires.

Honestly, win or lose, I think one of them might retire after this game. if its JoePa, proving everyone wrong and going out against the guy who is running the race with you for the most career wins with a win might be the way to go.

He would have regained himself if he wins and retires. He would have been one second away from causing total BCS chaos again, would have taken his team, who most people thought were 4th best in the Big10, to the Orange Bowl and he would have beaten his running mate in Bowden.

The same can be said for Bowden winning the ACC as an extreme underdog after your team practically gave up agains Florida and beating PSU who is hands down the best 1 loss team in the nation and beating his running mate in the race for most career victories.

It would be a great story for the winner of the Orange Bowl to retire and a good note to go out on.

Nublar7
12-04-2005, 01:44 PM
I really think Paterno and Bowden should sign an agreement to have at this WWE style. Only it should be WINNER retires.

Honestly, win or lose, I think one of them might retire after this game. if its JoePa, proving everyone wrong and going out against the guy who is running the race with you for the most career wins with a win might be the way to go.

He would have regained himself if he wins and retires. He would have been one second away from causing total BCS chaos again, would have taken his team, who most people thought were 4th best in the Big10, to the Orange Bowl and he would have beaten his running mate in Bowden.

The same can be said for Bowden winning the ACC as an extreme underdog after your team practically gave up agains Florida and beating PSU who is hands down the best 1 loss team in the nation and beating his running mate in the race for most career victories.

It would be a great story for the winner of the Orange Bowl to retire and a good note to go out on.
Joe isn't going to retire. PSU is his life, plus with those freshman receivers, he could be back in a BCS game very soon.

DonShula84
12-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I am jumping the gun with my new sig banner? :couch:

Want to make me one for Nd v OSU in the Fiesta Bowl if you get some time :D

Nublar7
12-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Want to make me one for Nd v OSU in the Fiesta Bowl if you get some time :D
Sure. Either later tonight or tomorrow. :)

Philter25
12-04-2005, 09:49 PM
Orange Bowl sucks. They put a 2 ticket limit when you order tickets! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU!

MoFinz
12-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Why should we be bitter, we're still the best team in the ACC

Abscence from the title game would contradict that charge sir
:lol:

Nublar7
12-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Orange Bowl sucks. They put a 2 ticket limit when you order tickets! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN YOU!
Yeah I know. :(

Plus I have to wait until Friday until I know if I got them or not.

Philter25
12-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Joe isn't going to retire. PSU is his life, plus with those freshman receivers, he could be back in a BCS game very soon. Eh I wouldnt go that far. I was bold enough to think we would win the Big10 this year but I dunno.... we are losing a lot on defense. Figure King will be our starting CB next year but the rest of the secondary is still a huge question mark. If Poz stays in school, him and Connor can hold down the LB fort. We are losing Hali on the Dline so that hurts also.

Offensively, JoePa screwed up in not redshirting Morelli. We lose Smolko but from what everyone says, including Smolko, the TE who is going to step in is supposed to be incredible. WR wise we are set for the next 3 years and we have Hunt and Scott back at RB and BranDon Snow at FB back again. Morelli is the only Q on offense.

I dont think we will beat Ohio State again next year just due to the number of players we are losing on defense. Also Poz's stock is pretty high so Im not entirely sure what he plans on doing. I hope he doesnt declare but financially it might be a good move for him....

We shall see though. Hopefully we can get a few more committments from top recruits.

ZolarZ_GoPhins
12-05-2005, 12:48 AM
nuthin like an 8-4 team makin the BCS Bowl game.

WooHoo Go ACC keep doin that and ya will be the conference
without and automatic bowl bid in 2008.

Lets GOOOOO!!! Mountaineers!!!

Go Phins!

Nublar7
12-05-2005, 01:10 AM
DonShula84, here is what you asked for. :)

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

MoFinz
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
nuthin like an 8-4 team makin the BCS Bowl game.

WooHoo Go ACC keep doin that and ya will be the conference
without and automatic bowl bid in 2008.

Lets GOOOOO!!! Mountaineers!!!

Go Phins!

Mountaineers....LMAO

MelbournePhin
12-05-2005, 11:10 PM
mountaineer is code word for hillbilly

MrClean
12-06-2005, 01:13 AM
It does suck that a team with 4 losses is playing in the second most prestigious bowl game of the year (Orange, Jan. 3) while a team like Oregon, whose only loss was to USC, can't get into the BCS. Can't fault FSU for that. But the system is once again flawed.
I am so f#cking pissed about this. Again the Pac 10 gets little respect. Over the years the conference has done as well as any of representing itself in bowl games, so does not deserve this lack of respect. I can remember back to the 1970s where more highly ranked and heavily favored Big Ten teams would come out to play the Pac 10 (or 8) champion in the Rose Bowl and get sent home with a sound thrashing. Some supposedly great Michigan teams playing Jim Plunkett led Stanford teams come to mind.
I hope that Penn State totally annihilates FSU and the game becomes a laugher by half time, just because Oregon should be in that game not FSU. This is not about the best teams playing, it all about money. TV ratings. How many fans can a school send to help fill the stands? If they are going to have BCS rankings they need to assign the bowl games strictly by them, otherwise toss the entire system into the toilet where it belongs. The top 8 teams in the BCS ranking should automatically be in the Rose, Sugar, Orange or Fiesta Bowls. No ifs, ands, or buts. If not then junk this whole system.

I also hope that USC pounds Texas by about 70-0 just because I get tired of hearing comments by ignorant people who say the Pac Ten doesn't play good defense.

Philter25
12-06-2005, 09:40 AM
I also hope that USC pounds Texas by about 70-0 just because I get tired of hearing comments by ignorant people who say the Pac Ten doesn't play good defense.

ummmm. Thats cause its the TRUTH.

Considering the top 3 teams in the PAC10 are giving up 21 (USC), 23 (Oregon) and 33 (UCLA) points a game, its pretty ACCURATE, not ignorant, to say the PAC10 doesnt play defense.

LETS COMPARE SHALL WE!

Big10: PSU (16) OSU (14), Wisconsin (24)
ACC: VT (12), UM (12), BC (16)
SEC: UGA (14), Auburn (14), LSU (15)
Big12: UT (14), Texas Tech (19), Colorado (24)

And dare I even list the BigEast: :lol:
WV (16), Louisville (22), Rutgers (23)

So whos Ignorant? :lol:

(just a hint, the LOWER numbers are BETTER) :rofl3: And those are just the top 3 teams in the conference, it gets worse as we move down the division. Heck, Texas Tech, thats right, TEXAS TECH, is giving up a lower ppg than USC.

Fact: The PAC10 DOESNT play defense like any other power conference.

MrClean
12-08-2005, 12:53 PM
ummmm. Thats cause its the TRUTH.

Considering the top 3 teams in the PAC10 are giving up 21 (USC), 23 (Oregon) and 33 (UCLA) points a game, its pretty ACCURATE, not ignorant, to say the PAC10 doesnt play defense.

LETS COMPARE SHALL WE!

Big10: PSU (16) OSU (14), Wisconsin (24)
ACC: VT (12), UM (12), BC (16)
SEC: UGA (14), Auburn (14), LSU (15)
Big12: UT (14), Texas Tech (19), Colorado (24)

And dare I even list the BigEast: :lol:
WV (16), Louisville (22), Rutgers (23)

So whos Ignorant? :lol:

(just a hint, the LOWER numbers are BETTER) :rofl3: And those are just the top 3 teams in the conference, it gets worse as we move down the division. Heck, Texas Tech, thats right, TEXAS TECH, is giving up a lower ppg than USC.

Fact: The PAC10 DOESNT play defense like any other power conference.

Your comparing of ppg stats would mean something if all the teams in question played like opponents. PSU allowed 16 ppg for example and that is all very well and good, but if USC played the exact same schedule it is entirely possible that would have had a similar number or even better for ppg allowed. Did you ever think that one reason why Pac 10 defenses have higher ppg allowed is because they for the most part play vs Pac 10 offenses? The Pac 10 generally represents itself well in non conference games. One game that comes to mind was Oregon State going down to Baton Rouge at the start of the '04 season and playing highly favored LSU to the wire.

Also...do you really think that Texas Tech would have a lower ppg than USC if Tech was in the Pac 10?

Philter25
12-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Your comparing of ppg stats would mean something if all the teams in question played like opponents. PSU allowed 16 ppg for example and that is all very well and good, but if USC played the exact same schedule it is entirely possible that would have had a similar number or even better for ppg allowed. Thats all fine and dandy, so how am I supposed to compare them then? Since there are 119 teams in the NCAA or something like that, its impossible to play the same schedule. Therefore its an assumption that over the course of the entire schedule, teams will play good teams, and teams will play bad teams. No NFL team plays the same exact schedules, yet we compare each team against each other.

There are crappy teams in every conference that help out your PPG ratings. The PAC10 benefits from Stanford, Washington, Washington State, Arizona and Oregon State this year to help their defensive and offensive PPG. The BIG10, ACC, SEC, and BigEast all benefit from these same types of teams bringing up the rear of the conference. Its not like the PAC10 play against all offensive firepowers which keeps their defensive ratings horrible.

Did you ever think that one reason why Pac 10 defenses have higher ppg allowed is because they for the most part play vs Pac 10 offenses? Actually I think the reason PAC10 offenses have higher PPG is because they get to play against PAC10 defense. :lol: Touche.

The Pac 10 generally represents itself well in non conference games. One game that comes to mind was Oregon State going down to Baton Rouge at the start of the '04 season and playing highly favored LSU to the wire.

Also...do you really think that Texas Tech would have a lower ppg than USC if Tech was in the Pac 10?

I can make the same argument for teams putting up better offensive numbers if they played in the PAC10. We were comparing conference vs conference.

The only way to compare is Bowl Games. We will see how from top to bottom the conference stand against each other.

Also another way to tell will be after the draft to see what conference has the most defensive players taken on the first day. That should give you a general idea of what conference is the best defensively.

Cuban Dave 9
12-08-2005, 11:54 PM
I heard they changed the company sponsering the Orange Bowl...It's not FedEx anymore...It's metamucil..."The Orange Metamucil Bowl"

kastofsna120
12-08-2005, 11:56 PM
I heard they changed the company sponsering the Orange Bowl...It's not FedEx anymore...It's metamucil..."The Orange Metamucil Bowl"
lol!!!! wow, that was funny. almost as funny as when cnc said it yesterday

Cuban Dave 9
12-09-2005, 12:01 AM
lol!!!! wow, that was funny. almost as funny as when cnc said it yesterday
THE TICKET BABY