PDA

View Full Version : WWE: Smackdown vs RAW Question

Agent51
12-05-2005, 03:24 PM
Does anyone own this game or has anyone played it? If so, I have a question. In the Royal Rumble, are there as many people in the ring as there can be, or is it still only 4 at a time? That was ind of worded wrong, so let me try and explain. Remember RAW is WAR for Sega Genesis? That game was AWESOME because in the Royal Rumble guys just KEPT COMING. There could be like 10 guys in the ring at one time. It was hard on Genesis cuz you only had 3 buttons (8 with the later controllers) so it was very hard to switch what guy you were focusing on, but the true Royal Rumble feel was there, it was liek chaos in the ring. EVERY wrestling game I have tried since then has had a cheesy "Royal Rumble" where only 4 guys can be in the ring at one time. When someone gets thrown out another one runs in. Now I haven't watched wrestling since the WCW merged with WWF, I haven't watched it one bit actually, lol, but when they were 2 seperate companies I was a very Avid fan of Wrestling, had been since I was like 4, and the Royal Rumbles I remember were guys kept coming in every X amount of time (can't remember how many minutes were between each guy), not 4 dudes get in and everytime a guy is thrown out a new one comes. WHY can't wrestling games get this right? The systems are WAY more powerful these days, graphically and mechanically, than the Sega Genesis, yet somehow Genesis was the only system that had a game with a TRUE Royal Rumble? Now I haven't played EVERY wrestling game out there, so there MAY be one that has a proper Royal Rumble, where guys just keep coming in and there can be an unlimited numbe rof people in the ring, but I have played quite a few and NONE have had it. So does this game have the TRUE RR or is it the same old limited # in the ring at once? If it is like that, does anyone know of a game that DOES have the PROPER RR?

Jt0323
12-05-2005, 04:17 PM
they can put that many people in the ring at the same time cuase of the limitiation, i dont think any wrestling game has this, but will in the future

Agent51
12-05-2005, 05:24 PM
they can put that many people in the ring at the same time cuase of the limitiation, i dont think any wrestling game has this, but will in the future

Yea, but WHAT limitation? Sega Genesis was a 16-bit system that wasn't at all powerful, I don't even remember any 3-d graphics games for it, yet they managed to do it.

GridIronKing34
12-07-2005, 11:24 PM
Graphics are more realistic and its hard to fit everything in the ring probably. 6 in the ring is fine with ATM. But 8-10 is tops.