PDA

View Full Version : Love hurts? So does a wounded marriage

BAMAPHIN 22
12-06-2005, 10:38 AM
here is even more proof that an unhappy marriage is bad for your health, researchers reported on Monday.

he stress that comes from discord appears to slow the initial production of a blood protein that is key to healing wounds, the report from Ohio State University said.

Quarreling couples studied in a laboratory setting had a slower wound healing process than when they were not arguing, as measured by how rapidly blisters healed. The blisters were deliberately inflicted on the test subjects by using a vacuum pump on the arm.

"Couples who demonstrated consistently higher levels of hostile behaviors ... healed at 60 percent of the rate of low-hostile couples," said the report published in the December issue of the Archives of General Psychiatry.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/hl_nm/marriage_dc;_ylt=AubMWdfkyjKYUq6zZbY_GlGs0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA3ODdxdHBhBHNlYwM5NjQ-

UltraDol-Fan
12-06-2005, 10:44 AM
geez, who gives these researches money for all these stupid tests. Seriously, use the money for something useful.

GRAPEAPE
12-06-2005, 11:37 AM
That's good info to have, instead of arguing with my wife I will just punch her in the head, at least the bruises will heal faster.:yell:

ok I am just kidding. relax I would never hit my wife

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
heh... no wonder I felt like crap for the 7 years I was married....

Talos
12-06-2005, 04:28 PM
heh... no wonder I felt like crap for the 7 years I was married....

:roflmao:

Either that or the constant hangovers.

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 04:33 PM
:roflmao:

Either that or the constant hangovers.

Both

but since the hangovers were directly related to all the escapism drinking I did at the time... one could say, they're both the same.... :goof:

Talos
12-06-2005, 04:37 PM
7 years of drinking. That explains a lot about you Wharf. :evilmod:

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
7 years of drinking. That explains a lot about you Wharf. :evilmod:

ahhh....but haven't had a drop to drink for almost 3 years now... ;)

GRAPEAPE
12-06-2005, 05:06 PM
ahhh....but haven't had a drop to drink for almost 3 years now... ;) WTG I haven't had a drop dor almost 22 hours now. a beer at dinner. I make my own at least it's cheap.

Edit: that sounded kinda like a smarta$$, but really That's not easy to do for people, I can't quit smoking for nothing. no offense meant

Talos
12-06-2005, 05:07 PM

Yeah, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. It's very funny, although its often the case, but once I turned 21, I just started drinking less.

GRAPEAPE
12-06-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah, I don't drink nearly as much as I used to. It's very funny, although its often the case, but once I turned 21, I just started drinking less.
Agreed, I don't think it was a "challenge" anymore. Just not as much fun.

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 05:14 PM
. no offense meant

none taken ;)

for the record... I can't stop smoking either...:shakeno:

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2005, 05:16 PM
I'm having a brew right now reading this. My 7 year-old did not hand in her homework again, and the teacher just called and yelled at me! So like a good dad, I just screamed at her.

Now its time for a brew!

They drive me crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2005, 05:18 PM

That's good to know, when we go see pagan's band, you can come to my house, then I'll have you and my wife drive!:rolleyes:

Talos
12-06-2005, 05:20 PM
See, I stopped smoking, just haven't stopped drinking altogether.

Well, I no longer smoke cigarettes (which I used to), but I do still periodically smoke cigars. Too expensive of a habit for me to smoke all the time though.

GRAPEAPE
12-06-2005, 05:58 PM
See, I stopped smoking, just haven't stopped drinking altogether.

Well, I no longer smoke cigarettes (which I used to), but I do still periodically smoke cigars. Too expensive of a habit for me to smoke all the time though. I had this argument with my Mother, My wife is pregnant with our first and My mother said that I needed to stop drinking. One of my hobbies is Homebrewing beer. It is just a good time for me. I enjoy trying different beer styles and such. I don't drink beer to be drunk I drink beer because I like it. I think the last time I was actually drunk was at my 23rd bday part(Golf Scramble w/friends). I wouldn't call that a problem would you?

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
That's good to know, when we go see pagan's band, you can come to my house, then I'll have you and my wife drive!:rolleyes:

No problem... I'm used to being the designated driver nowadays! :lol:

Jan will drink though.. so don't depend on her to drive...especially since she can barely see over the dashboard (she's 5'1") :D

Talos
12-06-2005, 06:31 PM
I had this argument with my Mother, My wife is pregnant with our first and My mother said that I needed to stop drinking. One of my hobbies is Homebrewing beer. It is just a good time for me. I enjoy trying different beer styles and such. I don't drink beer to be drunk I drink beer because I like it. I think the last time I was actually drunk was at my 23rd bday part(Golf Scramble w/friends). I wouldn't call that a problem would you?

I'd never claim anyone I don't know personally, or at least have thorough knowledge of, to have a problem. I don't think I directed any comments like that at you, and if so I apologize.

I haven't drank to the point of being drunk in quite some time, although the company Christmas party is Friday, so we'll see. :D

GRAPEAPE
12-06-2005, 06:33 PM
I'd never claim anyone I don't know personally, or at least have thorough knowledge of, to have a problem. I don't think I directed any comments like that at you, and if so I apologize.
No, you didn't I was just looking for an opinion

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2005, 06:42 PM
No problem... I'm used to being the designated driver nowadays! :lol:

Jan will drink though.. so don't depend on her to drive...especially since she can barely see over the dashboard (she's 5'1") :D

So Jan and I will drink, you and my wife will stay sober (she does not drink)!

Sounds interesting! Does Jan like 6'3" good looking guys!:lol:

WharfRat
12-06-2005, 06:49 PM
So Jan and I will drink, you and my wife will stay sober (she does not drink)!

Sounds interesting! Does Jan like 6'3" good looking guys!:lol:

actually, she seems to be more fond of 6'0" computer geeks... :goof:

NJFINSFAN1
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
actually, she seems to be more fond of 6'0" computer geeks... :goof:

:lol: