PDA

View Full Version : Vogon poetry

Quelonio
12-07-2005, 03:19 AM
So the BBC has a Vogon poetry generator:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/vogonpoetry/lettergen.shtml

I did one but had some problems copying it and then I closed the browser, I will post it up once i get the damn email.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 11:50 AM
Douglas Adams was the Man!!!

"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move."

GRAPEAPE
12-07-2005, 11:59 AM
After seeing the movie(which was great) I decided to read his books, I am halfway through the ultimate edition, very good stuff I love it. They kinda went to far in the movie and may have ruined any shot at a sequel, They would have to do some explaining if they did one.

"I have a head the size of a small planet and here I am posting on a forum"

Talos
12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
See, see the short sky
Marvel at its big chartreuse depths.
Tell me, Mindwarp do you
Wonder why the squirrel ignores you?
Why its foobly stare
makes you feel tired.
I can tell you, it is
Worried by your gargleblax facial growth
That looks like
A beer.
What's more, it knows
Your wanker potting shed
Smells of grasshopper.
Everything under the big short sky
Asks why, why do you even bother?
You only charm apples.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 01:28 PM
"In those days spirits were brave, the stakes were high, men were REAL men, women were REAL women, and small furry creatures from Alpha Centauri were REAL small furry creatures from Aplha Centauri."

"And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round... ground! That's it! That's a good name -ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

"There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some ofthe most popular are `Why are people born?' `Why do they die?' `Why do they spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?'"

The man was absolute genious!!!!

Talos
12-07-2005, 01:30 PM
"And wow! Hey! What's this thing coming towards me very fast? Very very fast. So big and flat and round, it needs a big wide sounding word like... ow... ound... round... ground! That's it! That's a good name -ground!
I wonder if it will be friends with me?"

Arguably my favorite scene in the entire series.