PDA

View Full Version : merged: Shots Fired on Aircraft at Miami International Airport

TerryTate
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Check the news right now....cable news networks for those that aren't in the tri-county area.

So far the tenative story has a suspect shot by a US Marshall after threatening the safety of the plane.

Roman529
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I am watching MSNBC and they said an Americans Airline plane in Miami had a guy onboard who claimed to have a bomb....an Air Marshall apparently shot the guy....sorry that is all the info I have. Crazy. :eek:

Talos
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
According to Mindwarp, 1 dead.

Mephistopheles
12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
It's on wsvn now.

backpacker
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Reported incident happened on jet bridge.

Mindwarp
12-07-2005, 03:55 PM
source: http://cbs4.com/topstories/topstoriesmia_story_341142500.html

CBS4 Investigative Reporter Mike Kirsch says a source close to the investigation says he has been told one person on the aircraft is dead. This has not yet been officially confirmed

TerryTate
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
A Man with a carry-on gets on the plane through security, and inside the plane...(here's where the unconfirmed account begins)shouted out that he had a bomb in his carry-on. Air Marshalls on the plane confronted the man, and he grabbed his carry-on bag, left the terminal, got on the jetway....they told him to hit the ground...he reaches into his bag, and they shot at him.

byroan
12-07-2005, 03:57 PM
I just turned CNN on. Apparently the passenger that threatned to have a bomb, didn't stop when he was told to. Then shots were fired.

ABrownLamp
12-07-2005, 04:02 PM
source: http://cbs4.com/topstories/topstoriesmia_story_341142500.html

CBS4 Investigative Reporter Mike Kirsch says a source close to the investigation says he has been told one person on the aircraft is dead. This has not yet been officially confirmed

Im watching CNN in the Computer Lab and they just said no one was killed.

Miamian
12-07-2005, 04:04 PM
I just heard the same thing. I wonder if this is all just a stupid hoax. I remember that some idiot once told a stewardess as a joke that he had a bomb. He went to jail.

Roman529
12-07-2005, 04:06 PM
Hey Terry...I think the plane was heading to Orlando.....your neck of the woods.
:eek:

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:07 PM
Check the news right now....cable news networks for those that aren't in the tri-county area.

So far the tenative story has a suspect shot by a US Marshall after threatening the safety of the plane.

My nephew is a Air Marshall:eek: :eek:

TerryTate
Yea I know, scary huh!

MSNBC reports from two different police agencies that the suspect was fatally shot.

SA_BUTTA
MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A person was shot and wounded on the Jetway to an American Airlines passenger jet that was at the terminal at Miami International Airport, an airline official said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/12/07/airplane.gunshot/index.html

TerryTate
My nephew is a Air Marshall:eek: :eek:

Air Marshalls have been reported to be okay.

backpacker
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Yea I know, scary huh!

MSNBC reports from two different police agencies that the suspect was fatally shot.

Yeah, Fox News just said the suspect is the one dead.

TerryTate
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
Report now involving a couple....a woman freaked out, her boyfriend/husband ran through the jetway or ran out.....shots fired.

byroan
12-07-2005, 04:14 PM
CNN is still saying he was wounded.

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Air Marshalls have been reported to be okay.

I heard, but are you really okay after you shot and kill someone?

He does international flights to and from the US also.

Roman529
12-07-2005, 04:20 PM
That would be cool being an Air Marshall.....you get to travel all over. It would just suck dealing with drunks and stuff, but chances are you would never have anyone get on a jet with a gun. They have lotsa baggage checker jobs now with the Department of Homeland Security...someone wasn't doing their job to let this guy on with a gun. :confused:

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:23 PM
That would be cool being an Air Marshall.....you get to travel all over. It would just suck dealing with drunks and stuff, but chances are you would never have anyone get on a jet with a gun. They have lotsa baggage handler jobs now with the Department of Homeland Security...someone wasn't doing their job to let this guy on with a gun. :confused:

He hates it. You spend hours on a plane, you don't really want to talk with people because you have to lie about yourself. (Can't really say, hey I'm an Air Marshall). You eat junk food all the time, you really don't get to see the sites, you fly in, sleep, fly out.

Miamian
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
CNN confirms he's dead.

Miamian
12-07-2005, 04:48 PM
It's starting to sound like the guy had some mental problems.

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:49 PM

His wife said Bi-Bolar (sorry if spelled wrong) and he did not have his meds!

ILPhinFan88
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM

That's what I was afraid of happening, when I first started reading this thread.

byroan
12-07-2005, 04:51 PM

If she was with him, then she should have had the meds.

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:53 PM
If she was with him, then she should have had the meds.

Yes! I don't disagree. But sometimes things happen. Left in the bathroom, packed in the suitcase thats not a carry on.

ILPhinFan88
12-07-2005, 04:53 PM

having been around two different people with this, I know by experience that when they are not on thier meds they are two different people. They take thier meds, think they are fine and dont need them. Then they go back to the way they were before. :(

byroan
12-07-2005, 04:56 PM
They (him and his wife) are US citizens. They came from Colombia. I'm curious as to why they were there and how long they were there.

NJFINSFAN1
12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
having been around two different people with this, I know by experience that when they are not on thier meds they are two different people. They take thier meds, think they are fine and dont need them. Then they go back to the way they were before. :(

I know. I feel for the Air Marshall if so. Not because my nephew is one, but in this day and age, it can't be easy on a plane when things go down. You don't have time to think is this guy medically sick, or crazy nuts!

PS

If so I feel for the victims family also.

Miamian
12-07-2005, 05:21 PM
They (him and his wife) are US citizens. They came from Colombia. I'm curious as to why they were there and how long they were there.
It's normal for people who live in the U.S. but have relatives in Latin America to visit often. It's one of the reasons that there are so many flights from Miami to Latin America.

RWhitney014
12-07-2005, 05:29 PM
I know. I feel for the Air Marshall if so. Not because my nephew is one, but in this day and age, it can't be easy on a plane when things go down. You don't have time to think is this guy medically sick, or crazy nuts!

PS

If so I feel for the victims family also.

Not victim, suspect. It's clearly posted in every airport in this country and probably international airports with U.S.-bound flights that even if you joke about having explosives, you can be arrested. If you are a threat to anyone's safety, you can be killed. Simple as that. It's scary that this happened but comforting that we are prepared should something like this come up.

tucker
12-07-2005, 05:32 PM
i never understood why someone would call or tell someone they had a bomb..just doesnt make much sense...