PDA

View Full Version : Erotic Bible Calender?

jnewmant
12-07-2005, 06:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/od_nm/erotic_bible_dc;_ylt=Ahwv2H.TBr4MWupPjGtgA9ntiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

BERLIN (Reuters) - A German Protestant youth group has put together a 2006 calendar with 12 staged photos depicting erotic scenes from the Bible, including a bare-breasted Delilah cutting Samson's hair and a nude Eve offering an apple.

"There's a whole range of biblical scriptures simply bursting with eroticism," said Stefan Wiest, the 32-year-old photographer who took the titillating pictures.

Anne Rohmer, 21, poses on a doorstep in garters and stockings as the prostitute Rahab, who is mentioned in both New and Old Testaments. "We wanted to represent the Bible in a different way and to interest young people," she told Reuters.

"Anyway, it doesn't say anywhere in the Bible that you are forbidden to show yourself nude."

Bernd Grasser, pastor of the church in Nuremberg where the calendar is being sold, was enthusiastic about the project which is explained online at www.bibelkalender.de (http://www.bibelkalender.de/).

"It's just wonderful when teenagers commit themselves with their hair and their skin to the bible," he said.

hmmm... this just dosen't seem right

Talos
12-07-2005, 06:11 PM
Ok, see, this would have made me pay more attention in Sunday school.

jnewmant
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
oh and i clicked on the link but it dosen't show any of the p ictures

Talos
12-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Ok, someone needs to find us some images of this. :)

Pagan
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Ok, see, this would have made me pay more attention in Sunday school.
:rofl3:

ABrownLamp
12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Some pics from the calendar

http://www.bibelkalender.de./

Talos
12-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Not nearly as entertaining as I had hoped, but still, it would have kept my attention on Sundays.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Now I want one..... just because :evil:

Noodle Arm
12-07-2005, 06:50 PM
Wow...those German women sure are homely.

I've decided to edit myself. I was going to make a joke about the new 2006 calenders for catholic priests featuring the boy scouts...but I thought better of it. :lol:

HansMojo
12-07-2005, 06:51 PM
:shakeno: And for their next project, a re-enactment of Song of Solomon. My guess is Pastor Grasser just likes seeing members of his congregation in the nude.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
Wow...those German women sure are homely.

not all of them... I know several who would knock your socks off... my sister-in-law being one of them ;)

In fact... I'd say the homely/pretty ratios are about even when comparing American women to Germans...

jnewmant
12-07-2005, 06:53 PM
:shakeno: And for their next project, a re-enactment of Song of Solomon. My guess is Pastor Grasser just likes seeing members of his congregation in the nude.me thinks he's a pedifile:rofl3:

Noodle Arm
12-07-2005, 06:55 PM
not all of them... I know several who would knock your socks off... my sister-in-law being one of them ;)

In fact... I'd say the homely/pretty ratios are about even when comparing American women to Germans...

Actually I wasn't refering to all German women, just those featured in the calender. Trust me...I've seen some gorgeous german women with my own eyes ;)

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Actually I wasn't refering to all German women, just those featured in the calender. Trust me...I've seen some gorgeous german women with my own eyes ;)

understood! :up:

Edit: I really didn't think you were dissing ALL German women... I just wanted to clear things up, and give props to my brother for landing a hottie! :D

SCall13
12-07-2005, 06:57 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051205/od_nm/erotic_bible_dc;_ylt=Ahwv2H.TBr4MWupPjGtgA9ntiBIF;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

hmmm... this just dosen't seem right

No, it isn't right. Sick people in this world.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM

Sorry... I don't see what's "sick" about it... Adam and Eve were pretty much nude according to the bible...right?
Also... I tend to think that the "hangups" about nudity back in "biblical days" were somewhat non-existant in comparison to today...
I see it as being liberally accurate... not sick...

HansMojo
12-07-2005, 07:00 PM
me thinks he's a pedifile:rofl3: Quite possible. The thought of a "Christian" pastor encouraging the youth in his congregation to strip for Jesus makes my head spin. :censored:

ABrownLamp
12-07-2005, 07:07 PM

OMFG!!!!

DRAWN FICTITIOUS NAKED PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These people are going straight to hell.

HansMojo
12-07-2005, 07:10 PM
Sorry... I don't see what's "sick" about it... Adam and Eve were pretty much nude according to the bible...right?
Also... I tend to think that the "hangups" about nudity back in "biblical days" were somewhat non-existant in comparison to today...
Man, I admit that I probably agree with you more times than not...but this isn't one of those times. The part that bugs me is that a "Christian" pastor is encouraging his young members to pose nude. I would agree that nudity was not a big deal in ancient times like it is today, but God himself gave clothes to Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:21) after the Fall and so I don't think your example of Adam and Eve is applicable. If the Pastor wants to look at nude girls, he should get a high speed internet connection and leave his congregants out of it.

WharfRat
12-07-2005, 07:17 PM
Man, I admit that I probably agree with you more times than not...but this isn't one of those times. The part that bugs me is that a "Christian" pastor is encouraging his young members to pose nude. I would agree that nudity was not a big deal in ancient times like it is today, but God himself gave clothes to Adam and Eve (Genesis 3:21) after the Fall and so I don't think your example of Adam and Eve is applicable. If the Pastor wants to look at nude girls, he should get a high speed internet connection and leave his congregants out of it.

I see your point... however, I don't think that the Pastor is doing it because he's running into a confessional and pleasing himself after taking these photos....
I may be wrong, but I just don't see it as a "sexual" thing on his part...
My German is admittedly poor, so I can' really discerne what's said on the site itself about it... perhaps I'll ask my brother (who is fluent in german) to translate the pertinant text so maybe we can understand the motives more clearly. ;)

SCall13
12-07-2005, 07:28 PM

I agree with you. That's what I find so crazy about it. What "pastor" would teach people in his church that this is ok? Yet I see people on this board basically saying I'm nuts for being shocked by it. Oh well, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

SCall13
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM

Well, obviously your more "liberal" than I am. I don't agree with it. That's just how I see it.

HansMojo
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
I see your point... however, I don't think that the Pastor is doing it because he's running into a confessional and pleasing himself after taking these photos....
My German is admittedly poor, so I can' really discerne what's said on the site itself about it... perhaps I'll ask my brother (who is fluent in german) to translate the pertinant text so maybe we can understand the motives more clearly. ;)
Even if his motives are pure...it's a bad idea in my mind to encourage members of a congregation...especially kids...to take their clothes off in front of a camera to interest others in going to church. Hey let's go to church...Christian girls have boobies too. :mad:

Roman529
12-07-2005, 07:32 PM
That's blasphemy.

SCall13
12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
That's blasphemy.

Yeah it is

1crazy_finfan
12-07-2005, 11:58 PM
Thats just wrong!:shakeno:

arizphinfan
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Thats just wrong!:shakeno:

yeah that it is crazy

ABrownLamp
12-08-2005, 12:43 AM
yeah that it is crazy

wow...not really...naked cartoon caracters.

SCall13
12-08-2005, 07:23 AM
wow...not really...naked cartoon caracters.

Naked cartoon characters?? :confused:

Talos
12-08-2005, 09:43 AM
I guess I'm extremely liberal in my views because I don't find this to be morally wrong at all. I know I made jokes earlier, but that was just in jest. In reality, I find the calendar to be a little odd given the fact the pastor was involved, but as for a calendar like this being made, not strange and somewhat logical. Also, in general, Americans need to realize that the average world view on nudity is not nearly what our own is. A lot of other countries are much more liberal in their beliefs.

One thing I have to ask though, what's with the repeated refrences to "drawn" and "cartoon" nudity? Last I checked those were all photographs.

ch19079
12-08-2005, 09:55 AM
they could have at least found a hot model to put in there.

that chick is ugly.

DrAstroZoom
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM

Try the BabelFish Web site translator (http://babelfish.altavista.com/).

WharfRat
12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
they could have at least found a hot model to put in there.

that chick is ugly.

ugghh... I really don't think it's about "sexuality" at all...
think about it... one of the pics on the website shows a depiction of Delilah cutting Samson's hair... as I recall that parable, she had seduced him, and cut his hair while he slept... wouldn't it be probable that they were both naked at the time?

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2005, 12:11 PM
think about it... one of the pics on the website shows a depiction of Delilah cutting Samson's hair... as I recall that parable, she had seduced him, and cut his hair while he slept... wouldn't it be probable that they were both naked at the time?

your in the gutter again!

Oh yeah, your a rat, nevermind!

Talos
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM

Typically when I seduce someone and sleep with them I try and do so fully clothed. It adds a degree of difficulty that I enjoy.

WharfRat
12-08-2005, 02:06 PM
Typically when I seduce someone and sleep with them I try and do so fully clothed. It adds a degree of difficulty that I enjoy.

do you and your partner sleep in seperate twin beds too? :lol:

sounds like an old 60's sitcom....

Talos
12-08-2005, 02:10 PM
Typicall I try and see if I can make things happening sleeping on the floor while my partner is in the bed. Again, anything to make it more of a challenge.

HansMojo
12-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I guess I'm extremely liberal in my views because I don't find this to be morally wrong at all. I know I made jokes earlier, but that was just in jest. In reality, I find the calendar to be a little odd given the fact the pastor was involved, but as for a calendar like this being made, not strange and somewhat logical. Also, in general, Americans need to realize that the average world view on nudity is not nearly what our own is. A lot of other countries are much more liberal in their beliefs.

One thing I have to ask though, what's with the repeated refrences to "drawn" and "cartoon" nudity? Last I checked those were all photographs.
Well, that's really my only issue with it. I couldn't care less if someone put out a calendar with nude models portraying Bible characters and sold it for profit. It's the fact that the church pastor is encouraging his youth group to do this apparently as both a fund raiser and under the guise of evengelism. This is just plain wrong IMHO. But yes, I would agree that Americans are a little nieve when it comes to how the rest of the worlds views nudity.

WharfRat
12-08-2005, 02:48 PM
Well, that's really my only issue with it. I couldn't care less if someone put out a calendar with nude models portraying Bible characters and sold it for profit. It's the fact that the church pastor is encouraging his youth group to do this apparently as both a fund raiser and under the guise of evengelism. This is just plain wrong IMHO. But yes, I would agree that Americans are a little nieve when it comes to how the rest of the worlds views nudity.

I understand your point, and will concede that perhaps it would be better, and more paletable, had the Pastor arranged for the photos to be taken by a photographer who is not associated with the church...

Actually... now that I look again at the article... it doesn't seem that the Pastor actually took the pics... his name is Bernd Grasser, and the photographer's name is Stefan Wiest...

HansMojo
12-08-2005, 03:14 PM
I understand your point, and will concede that perhaps it would be better, and more paletable, had the Pastor arranged for the photos to be taken by a photographer who is not associated with the church...

Actually... now that I look again at the article... it doesn't seem that the Pastor actually took the pics... his name is Bernd Grasser, and the photographer's name is Stefan Wiest...
The photographer's comments are classic. "There's a whole range of biblical scriptures simply bursting with eroticism," said Stefan Wiest, the 32-year-old photographer who took the titillating pictures. That gives me an idea of what he was trying to capture on film... I wonder what he has planned for the next one. And then this quote from the Pastor "It's just wonderful when teenagers commit themselves with their hair and their skin to the bible," He forgot to say boobies...but I guess it's implied.

We just view church and the pastoral role differently I think. I'm not blaming the youth for participating in something that is sanctioned by the church. Who could blame them for this. But I do hold pastors and churches to a higher moral standard than I do for normal people. I never assumed the pastor had taken the pictures himself. My issue with the man relates to his encouraging and supporting this as an official church function. Come on kids, show your mommy bags for Jesus. It's just not appropriate evangelism amongst other things. Peace.

jnewmant
12-08-2005, 03:21 PM
Come on kids, show your mommy bags for Jesus. :lol: quote of the week

Talos
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
:lol: quote of the week

:roflmao:

ch19079
12-08-2005, 03:23 PM
think about it... one of the pics on the website shows a depiction of Delilah cutting Samson's hair... as I recall that parable, she had seduced him, and cut his hair while he slept... wouldn't it be probable that they were both naked at the time? i have no problem with them being naked. what i do have a problem with is her being ugly and naked. ;)

mor911
12-08-2005, 04:19 PM
i have no problem with them being naked. what i do have a problem with is her being ugly and naked. ;)
Greatest thing The Mor has read all day! Definitely something I would say :lol:

RunningBackGuru
12-08-2005, 04:49 PM
Now I want one..... just because :evil:

:lol: