PDA

View Full Version : MERGED:Well It Was 25 Years Ago Today...

Rocky Raccoon
12-08-2005, 01:21 AM
John Lennon was shot and killed outside his apartment in NYC.

Lennon IMO was one of the greatest inspirations in music history. And I've listened to his music long enough now to know that he was an amazing musician with incredible talent. His music was inspirational and his lyrics were brilliant.

R.I.P. John Lennon (October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980)

:cry:

Buddwalk
12-08-2005, 01:24 AM
Greatest Songwriter of all time imo ;)

Roman529
12-08-2005, 01:28 AM
He would have continued making great songs for many years...we all were robbed of this....but I think when you listen to a song like "Imagine" you feel great for having heard his music. R.I.P. John.

d-day
12-08-2005, 01:41 AM
John Lennon was shot and killed outside his apartment in NYC.

Lennon IMO was one of the greatest inspirations in music history. And I've listened to his music long enough now to know that he was an amazing musician with incredible talent. His music was inspirational and his lyrics were brilliant.

R.I.P. John Lennon (October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980)

:cry:

agreed - john lennon had something special that all the great songwriters have - i like to call it vision - the ability to transcend words and musical notes and create something truly magical - hendrix had it, bob marley had it, john lennon had it

Buddwalk
12-08-2005, 01:42 AM
agreed - john lennon had something special that all the great songwriters have - i like to call it vision - the ability to transcend words and musical notes and create something truly magical - hendrix had it, bob marley had it, john lennon had it

nice sig ;)

many others had it as well bro

FinsNYanksFan13
12-08-2005, 02:34 AM
R.I.P. John Lennon!

dominizzo
12-08-2005, 05:30 AM

yupppp

Pagan
12-08-2005, 08:22 AM
R.I.P. John..:(

Just to bring a little levity into a sad situation, anyone ever heard Denis Leary say:

"You want to know why I think there's no god? Seven bullets fired at John Lennon, five hit him. Yoko is standing RIGHT next to him....not ONE f'ing bullet!" :lol:

WharfRat
12-08-2005, 08:32 AM
I Miss Him. :cry:

UncleCosmic
12-08-2005, 09:51 AM
John has always been my favorite Beatle, and his own music, IMO, is even better. I miss him like he was a member of my family.

CalDolFan1014
12-08-2005, 02:39 PM

Agreed. I was only two months old when he was killed. I'm glad I have had a chance to learn about his legacy. He has written some great songs, both as a Beatle and in his solo career. It's a shame he was killed by such a vile, sick, twisted person. If he was still alive, he no doubt would have still been making great music. RIP John Lennon

Mr Yu
12-08-2005, 07:12 PM
First off , forgive me if I am wrong on this as I am going off of memory. It was 25 years ago tonight when John Lennon was murdered. I was 15 listening to the Fins on MNF when it was announced that he was killed. At the time , there was a lot of talk that the Beatles were close to getting back together.

- What do you remember?

d-day
12-08-2005, 07:17 PM
First off , forgive me if I am wrong on this as I am going off of memory. It was 25 years ago tonight when John Lennon was murdered. I was 15 listening to the Fins on MNF when it was announced that he was killed. At the time , there was a lot of talk that the Beatles were close to getting back together.

- What do you remember?

i remember snl offering them like 100 bucks to do a reunion on their show - they said something funny like they'll tell ringo they're only offering 20 so the other 3 would get more of the split :chuckle:

Roman529
12-08-2005, 08:19 PM

- What do you remember?.

Yeah I remember Howard Cosell made the announcement on Monday Night Football and they showed a Monday Night Football game that Lennon went too...I was 14 years old and remember it like yesterday,,,,,I think President Reagan got shot a few months later.

byroan
12-08-2005, 08:26 PM

Yeah I remember Howard Cosell made the announcement on Monday Night Football and they showed a Monday Night Football game that Lennon went too...I was 14 years old and remember it like yesterday,,,,,I think President Reagan got shot a few months later.

My dad has talked about that. He's a huge beatle fan. He remembers watching the game and the announcement.

spydertl79
12-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Wasnt it a year ago that Dimebag died too?