PDA

View Full Version : Health testing at work.

GRAPEAPE
12-08-2005, 12:23 PM
Early this morning We had a Health Rick assesment done wher I work. If you went through it and had good score then you were to recive a 50$ bonus. Problem is they ask question that I thought you did not have to answer if you didn't want to such as your SSN, race, etc... I was told that because your are being paid then you are obligated to answer everything. Sounds like a load of crap to me. Anyways You will all be hapy to know that I am the picture of poor health i guess. My blood pressure is up to 140/90, and I have a body mass index of 36. Body mass index is a load of crap! I am supposedly 60 lbs overweight for my height and age. 27, 6'4" 294lbs. But then they do the body fat count and I am like a 16% which is still below the normal of 20-22%. Health insurance companies are going to do whatever they can to individualize coverage, and not use your workplace as a group. That way healthy people don't have as high of a premium as unhealthy ones, I agree to a point, but people shouldn't be punished for poor health. Ok I will stop ranting.

ILPhinFan88
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Early this morning We had a Health Rick assesment done wher I work. If you went through it and had good score then you were to recive a 50$ bonus. Problem is they ask question that I thought you did not have to answer if you didn't want to such as your SSN, race, etc... I was told that because your are being paid then you are obligated to answer everything. Sounds like a load of crap to me. Anyways You will all be hapy to know that I am the picture of poor health i guess. My blood pressure is up to 140/90, and I have a body mass index of 36. Body mass index is a load of crap! I am supposedly 60 lbs overweight for my height and age. 27, 6'4" 294lbs. But then they do the body fat count and I am like a 16% which is still below the normal of 20-22%. Health insurance companies are going to do whatever they can to individualize coverage, and not use your workplace as a group. That way healthy people don't have as high of a premium as unhealthy ones, I agree to a point, but people shouldn't be punished for poor health. Ok I will stop ranting.

So you didn't get the bonus?

NJFINSFAN1
12-08-2005, 12:26 PM

:eek:

I'm 6'3" 193 pounds and my wife says I'm fat!

GRAPEAPE
12-08-2005, 01:21 PM
So you didn't get the bonus? Nope your body mass index had to be less than 30 so I lose out. Because the "chart" says I'm overweight and a health risk I guess

EDIT: I missed the celebration on 500th post:party:

mor911
12-08-2005, 02:04 PM
Nope your body mass index had to be less than 30 so I lose out. Because the "chart" says I'm overweight and a health risk I guess

EDIT: I missed the celebration on 500th post:party:
Sweet! :party: :band: :rawk: :mor911:

Talos
12-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Congrats on 500

Mindwarp
12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
dude we need that here. I would love to see them do that test on a lot of people here and tell us all we are overwieght. WTF would they expect from a computer industry?

Talos
12-08-2005, 02:10 PM
:yeahthat:

GRAPEAPE
12-08-2005, 02:14 PM
I guess i am just a large human. I am the Terminator..........of squirrels