PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Presale Date

Agent51
12-08-2005, 02:17 PM
I walked into EB and according to them May 2nd is the start of the PS3 presale. Not sure if that's everywhere or just for EB. I looked online but can't find a thing.

Caps
12-08-2005, 04:34 PM
Good to know, thanks.

Agent51
12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
I hope it's everywhere because I have $100 off a PS3 at Best Buy.

JERSEYFINFAN23
12-08-2005, 05:49 PM
How Did You Get A Ps3 Coupon For 100 Off?

Deus Ex Dolphin
12-08-2005, 06:15 PM
I believe he meant he had credit, a gift card, etc at Best Buy to use toward a PS3 purchase, not a coupon.

I'm putting money on a PS3, it will be on Ebay the day of the launch. :D

Now, I assume this is something EB is doing themselves? Not at the request of Sony? This also puts the PS3 closer to a October/November launch, right? Pre-orders about 6 months in advance of launch?

So much for Sony talking about a Spring launch, huh?

Think there will be console shortages, buggy hardware, rushed/shortened games at the PS3 launch?

Agent51
12-08-2005, 06:23 PM
How Did You Get A Ps3 Coupon For 100 Off?

Last November-ish (whenever GTA San Andreas came out) my PS2, which I got on its release day and served me well for that long, finally crapped out so I had to get a new one. I wanted a Slim one and, being around Xmass time, nobody seemed to have them. Then I found ONE at Best Buy and bought it. The guy asked me if I wanted the 2 year protection plan, I said no, my first one lasted me from launch day til then, I don't think I'll need one, but then he told me that they were running a promo where if you bought the 2 year protection plan you got $100 towards the PS3 when it came out. All I have to do is bring the protection plan papers to Best Buy either when I reserve it or buy it and I get $100 off the price. You better believe I bought that damn protection plan, lol.

Motion
12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Sweet, I'm buying 3. 1 for me and 2 for Ebay.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 01:09 PM
Sweet, I'm buying 3. 1 for me and 2 for Ebay.

I'm DEFINATELY buying 2, IDK how many more. I'm going to reserve one at EB because the guy straight up told me it was may 2nd, so just in case its only EB and not every store on May 2nd, I'm reserving one there, plus the Best Buy one. I'll have one for myself, and the other one, or however many I end up presaling, for ebay.

Daytona Fin
12-14-2005, 11:24 PM
Last November-ish (whenever GTA San Andreas came out) my PS2, which I got on its release day and served me well for that long, finally crapped out so I had to get a new one. I wanted a Slim one and, being around Xmass time, nobody seemed to have them. Then I found ONE at Best Buy and bought it. The guy asked me if I wanted the 2 year protection plan, I said no, my first one lasted me from launch day til then, I don't think I'll need one, but then he told me that they were running a promo where if you bought the 2 year protection plan you got $100 towards the PS3 when it came out. All I have to do is bring the protection plan papers to Best Buy either when I reserve it or buy it and I get $100 off the price. You better believe I bought that damn protection plan, lol.
how much was the protection plan? if its cheap then someone could buy the ps2 and the protection plan then resale the ps2 say like on ebay or something and get the money back and get the 100 dollar coupon for the price of the plan?

Agent51
12-15-2005, 01:06 PM
how much was the protection plan? if its cheap then someone could buy the ps2 and the protection plan then resale the ps2 say like on ebay or something and get the money back and get the 100 dollar coupon for the price of the plan?

It was $50. In theory that should work, but IDK how much you'd get on eBay for a PS2 when they are readily available in the stores. Also, it's not a $100 gift card that you can use on anything, it's $100 towards a PS3, like the "coupon" itself is on the protection plan papers. It's not even really a coupon, it just has the info for the discount on the papers with the warranty info. I'm also not sure if they still have that, it was over a year ago, IDK if it was just a promotion for the new slim PS2 that Best Buy had to boost it's sales, or if it's ongoing.

burger13
12-15-2005, 06:16 PM
It was $50. In theory that should work, but IDK how much you'd get on eBay for a PS2 when they are readily available in the stores. Also, it's not a $100 gift card that you can use on anything, it's $100 towards a PS3, like the "coupon" itself is on the protection plan papers. It's not even really a coupon, it just has the info for the discount on the papers with the warranty info. I'm also not sure if they still have that, it was over a year ago, IDK if it was just a promotion for the new slim PS2 that Best Buy had to boost it's sales, or if it's ongoing.

I have a 2-year plan from best buy from Sept '04 on a PS2....not a slim one though...................I wonder if I would get the same deal?

Agent51
12-15-2005, 06:42 PM
I have a 2-year plan from best buy from Sept '04 on a PS2....not a slim one though...................I wonder if I would get the same deal?

Not sure, All I know is when I went and bought the new slim one the guy offered me the plan. I declined it because it was dumb to pay $50 when my original PS2 I got on launch day worked perfectly til that month. Then he told me that with the 2 year plan its not just protection but also good for $100 off the PS3. That sold me on it. I'm thinkin it was just a promo for the Slim PS2 launch, but I'm not positive, you could always ask. Although I don't think the PS3 is coming out before September 06 so it might not work, unless you use the $100 as the reservation fee.

Joe Flipper
12-16-2005, 12:36 AM
Any word on the release date?...............

Agent51
12-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Any word on the release date?...............

Still no clue. I saw an article somewhere that had mid 06, but that's prolly Japan. I wouldn't expect it here til October or November.