PDA

View Full Version : Want lassie to come home? call her cell

SuavePhin
12-08-2005, 05:07 PM
http://www.wired.com/news/wireless/0,1382,69756,00.html?tw=rss.TOP

Quelonio
12-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I used to never get people like this, and then i started dating someone who is very likely to own one of these....

NaboCane
12-08-2005, 07:31 PM
When you put this and other things like it into global perspective, it seems wrong to lavish such luxury on an animal when a child starves every 6 seconds, someone dies of AIDS every 7 minutes, etc.

But that might be the wrong way to look at it; those same people who spend more money on their pets than others would deem appropriate are probably the bulk of those who contribute to the causes that are trying to help the hungry, the sick.

My personal opinion is based on charity beginning at home. If you can bring animals into your heart, you are probably more likely to be in tune with the world around you, therefore you are more likely to care and get involved, whether it's with your contribution of time or money.

I know that for me personally, my little guys are part of my family. They give me joy and their devotion, and there's little I wouldn't do for them.

Roman529
12-08-2005, 08:04 PM
My dog just passed away in November. :cry:

But I loved him like he was my kid. He was just the best dog ever. I think being able to track where your dog is at is great in case you lost him. It is a small price to pay for all the love your dog gives you unconditionally. :)

cnc66
12-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Sorry to hear that Roman. When I was In the Navy, when I called home I had them put my Dog in a chair next to the phone and put it to his ear and I would talk to him. Mom said he knew who was talking to him and would go check my room after getting off so the talking stuff works or at least I was recognized. Now, my Shar Pei is nine plus and starting to ache and pain and winter is not here yet. This may be his last one and that saddens me greatly, I love the ol' Hippo Head.