PDA

View Full Version : Wicked Funny Video

Agent51
12-09-2005, 07:43 PM
This may not effect some of you because you have good climate year round, but I grew up in Rhode Island where the summers are sweltering and the winters are bone-numbing. I know reside in Southern California, except from October-May in which I live in Hawai'i (surf season). This is from a clip from the news in Hawai'i in which Triumph the insult comic dog does the weather. It is so funny. Especially when I send it to all my friends back in RI or other cold-weather places. Anyway, check this out:

www.phatanium.com/xanga/HawaiiWeather.wvx (http://www.phatanium.com/xanga/HawaiiWeather.wvx)

NaboCane
12-09-2005, 07:46 PM
The link's not working, agent.

WharfRat
12-09-2005, 07:48 PM
works for me ...

EDIT: and it's Hysterical!!!! :sidelol:

Agent51
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
The link's not working, agent.

really? it should just open Windows Media PLayer and play the movie, it doesn't bring you to a webpage.

WharfRat
12-09-2005, 07:53 PM
really? it should just open Windows Media PLayer and play the movie, it doesn't bring you to a webpage.

works fine for me ...

Nabo = :nerd:

TheAnswer385
12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
doesnt work for me either

WharfRat
12-09-2005, 07:55 PM
try updating Media Player....

cnc66
12-09-2005, 07:58 PM
i had to download it to see it but it is funny

NaboCane
works fine for me ...

Nabo = :nerd:

:blowup:

inFINSible
I know reside in Southern California, except from October-May in which I live in Hawai'i (surf season).
I officially hate you. :hmph:

Luckeee.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 08:06 PM
I officially hate you. :hmph:

Luckeee.

Thanks :D . I see you are from Fl though, so it can't be TOO bad, lol. Compared to say RI, or anywhere else cold, Florida might seem like paradise. I personally don't like Florida. I think it's WAY too humid, and those damn bugs that always seem to buzz drive me CRAZY. I stayed in Atlantic Beach (outisde of Jacksonville) for one summer with my aunt, but I've also been to a bunch of other parts, like Cocoa Beach, Orlando, Tamp, Miami beach (of course), Daytona, etc etc. It's all too humid for my liking. My goal in life is to own a few bars and clubs and I was thinking of trying out Key West for a bar, but I'd have to just own it and hire someone to run it because I couldn't ive there.

byroan
12-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Who do you stay with in Hawaii?

Agent51
12-09-2005, 08:12 PM
Who do you stay with in Hawaii?

For the first few winters my Best friend and I would go out and stay with his dad who is some super important counter-terrorism guy in the Navy, and he also trains Navy SEAL divers and runs the dive school out there. Last winter we got an apartment out there and that's where I stay now. He stays year round, except the summers in which he comes back to Cali, and I go out for 6 months of the year.

byroan
12-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I'd love to stay there when no one is there. :D

Me and my girl have been wanting to go to Hawaii but it's just so expensive. We could afford either the hotel or the plane tickets but not both. :lol:

Rocky Raccoon
12-09-2005, 08:17 PM
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Agent51
12-09-2005, 08:22 PM

Me and my girl have been wanting to go to Hawaii but it's just so expensive. We could afford either the hotel or the plane tickets but not both. :lol:

There are package deals all the time man. If I knew you you guys could definately come use the apartment when nobody was here, lol. We have friends come out all the time, and we have friends stay in the apartment while we are both back in Cali. The biggest advice I have if you ever do bring her out there is to go that package deal route. The reason I say this is because what is the image MOST people think of right away when thinking about Hawai'i? Getting off the plain and getting a lei right? Well, here's a secret, it doesn't happen, lol. Well, that's kind of a lie, it DOES happen, but only if you book a package trip through a travel agency (maybe it happens with internet booking too, not sure). I have never ONCE been lei'd when coming off the plane, it's like every other airport if you aren't coming with a travel package. If you ARE, the "lei greeting" is included for you, so you get the "full" hawai'ian experience. Just a thought because I know most girls, or people in general, think of gettin the lei right off the plane, and it could be kind of a dissappointment if you don't, which you won't unless you book a package trip and make sure it includes that greeting. Oh, and if you DO ever get out here, and it's while I'm here, I can definately show you guys around. I also work at 2 clubs so I can hook ya up with VIP and drinks too. And I know one of the families that owns one of the lei stands at the airport so I can get you a HUGE discount on leis to bring back to family, cuz normally they are like $30+ EACH for the good handmande ones, which they do right there in front of you.

*EDIT* I see you are only 19 so the free drink thing won't work :hide: :couch: ;) . Also, I see you are from NC, so the flight will SUCK. I came out here from RI one year. I flew from RI to chicago, chicago to San Fran, San Fran to Honolulu, it was an 18hr trip total. And the worst part? The trip from cali to Hawai'i. Most people don't know how far out Hawai'i actually is from the coast. Here's some perspective, it takes FIVE HOURS to fly from LAX to Honolulu. That's 5hrs of nothing but WATER to look at. At least coming from the east coast you get cities and patchwork farmland and dessert and mountians to look at. Cali to Hawai'i is straight water for 5 freakin' hours.

HansMojo
12-09-2005, 08:30 PM
This may not effect some of you because you have good climate year round, but I grew up in Rhode Island where the summers are sweltering and the winters are bone-numbing. I know reside in Southern California, except from October-May in which I live in Hawai'i (surf season). This is from a clip from the news in Hawai'i in which Triumph the insult comic dog does the weather. It is so funny. Especially when I send it to all my friends back in RI or other cold-weather places. Anyway, check this out:

www.phatanium.com/xanga/HawaiiWeather.wvx (http://www.phatanium.com/xanga/HawaiiWeather.wvx)
Sweet dude. I'm glad to know I'm not the only Dolphan in Hawaii. :) You gonna make it up to the Pipe Masters at all? I was going to go up this morning but it didn't work out. I haven't seen a contest since the Eddie last year (which totally rocked) and I'm feeling like I need to get up there.

HansMojo
12-09-2005, 08:34 PM

You should save up for it and make it a priority. You won't regret it. My advice is check out Kauai or the Big Island. Oahu is super fun for a few days, and it's incredibly beautiful on the Windward side, but if I was a tourist, I'd rather spend my time on one of the neighboring islands. But if you want to party, then Waikiki is the place for you.

byroan
12-09-2005, 08:41 PM
We'll probably make the trip after we're both done with college. Instead of going somewhere for spring break, we've decided to get our own place. That's how much we've saved up. :lol:

We don't really care if we got lei'd. We never even thought about it until your post. We just wanna be out on the beach and away from here.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
You should save up for it and make it a priority. You won't regret it. My advice is check out Kauai or the Big Island. Oahu is super fun for a few days, and it's incredibly beautiful on the Windward side, but if I was a tourist, I'd rather spend my time on one of the neighboring islands. But if you want to party, then Waikiki is the place for you.

EXACTLY. If you are a partying tourist, Oahu, because of Waikiki. Also, it has the North Shore, which, in the winter, is one of THE most amazing sites in the world. You stand on the beach and 20+ foot wave break LITERALLY 50 feet out from you, and you can see the best surfers in the world (yes, Kelly Slater, among other) so close to you it seems like you could slap them 5 from the beach while they are ON the wave. Also, the Polynesian Cultural Center is on Oahu, which is a MUST for the tourists who like the cultural aspects of a place. Not to mention Pearl Harbor and the Arizona memorial for people who liek historical aspects of places. Although I HIGHLY recommend visiting the Arizona memorial/Pearl Harbor whether you like history or not beause it is AMAZING. The boat ride out to the memorial is the exact amount of time it took the ship to sink, it's crazy. There are no ACTIVE Volcanos on Oahu though, so visit one of the other Islands for that. Also, I have never personally found a black sand beach on Oahu, although I have seen them on the other Islands. THAT is an amazing site to see. Like he said though, Kauai or the Big Island are better for tourists looking for the overall experience and the MOST scenic aspects. They have the active Volcanos (which you can tour) and the Black Sand beaches and everything collectively rolled into one. Not to say that Oahu isn't beautiful in it's own right, there are mountains and everything here too. IDK, you'd just have to look at a travel guide for Hawai'i and read about the different Islands and chose what best fits you. Or ideally visit more than one island. Planes and Helicopters and boats go between them all and they have package tours from one island to the other etc.

Sweet dude. I'm glad to know I'm not the only Dolphan in Hawaii. :) You gonna make it up to the Pipe Masters at all? I was going to go up this morning but it didn't work out. I haven't seen a contest since the Eddie last year (which totally rocked) and I'm feeling like I need to get up there.

Yes, I am parked on the beach for the whole triple crown series. Surfing is the reason I am out here (well, the MAIN reason anyway, I just love this place in general), lol, I am a HUGE surfer, have been since I was 4 or 5. It was kind of hard growing up in RI, where we do have some amazing surf........in the WINTER, when the water is arctic, lol. Summer brings sporadic surf, but its SO crowded it's not even funny. I went up to Waimea the other day and the bay was closing out, that is such an amazing site to see. I was also up there when the broke the levee and let the river drain into it, which is also CRAZY to watch.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 08:53 PM
Dude, Hans, have you ever been out to the Sand Bar? The first time I saw it I was in awe. If you don't know about it, or for anyone who is wondering what it is, its basically this GIANT bar of sand (shaped more like a circular island than the traditional "bar" shape) that just magically appears in the middle of deep water. When you are going up the mountain roads (which technically aren't mountain roads because they aren't built into the mountain, they are built NEXT to it and up on huge risers, which looks so cool) you can see it. You look out to the water and you see the dark blue all around and then one giant patch of SUPER light green. Thats the Sandbar. You need a boat to get out there, or a kayak/canoe although I don't suggest that unless you are a VERY good paddler because the current can bevery strong and it's kind of a far paddle. It's so cool, people go out there with grills and chairs and just have a big party/cookout in the middle of the ocean, lol. I go out there at lEAST 3 times a month. I just bring a football, a grill, a cooler of beer and friends and we just chill all day. The water is anywhere from an inche deep to like lower shin deep, depending on the tide and what part you are one. On average its about ankle deep though. I have pics of it but I have no idea how to post em on here, lol, I don't usually upload pics to the internet. If anyone wants to see em PM me or I can post em here is someone tells me how.

HansMojo
12-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Yes, I am parked on the beach for the whole triple crown series. Surfing is the reason I am out here (well, the MAIN reason anyway, I just love this place in general), lol, I am a HUGE surfer, have been since I was 4 or 5. It was kind of hard growing up in RI, where we do have some amazing surf........in the WINTER, when the water is arctic, lol. Summer brings sporadic surf, but its SO crowded it's not even funny. I went up to Waimea the other day and the bay was closing out, that is such an amazing site to see. I was also up there when the broke the levee and let the river drain into it, which is also CRAZY to watch.
Yeah, I grew up in Miami and remember what wishing for surf was like. :lol: I'm jealous that you are getting to see the whole triple crown. I'd love to be able to watch the whole thing. I think today is the last day of trials for pipe masters right? Maybe I'll make it up next week. I'm hoping it gets big for them though they say it's dropping and today it was only 8-12 (local scale)...not that I'm gonna hit Pipe when there are 20 foot + faces or anything :rofl3: ...but it does make for a more exciting contest. Anway, peace man. Looks like we're gonna do some Christmas shopping. Laters.

HansMojo
12-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Dude, Hans, have you ever been out to the Sand Bar? The first time I saw it I was in awe. If you don't know about it, or for anyone who is wondering what it is, its basically this GIANT bar of sand (shaped more like a circular island than the traditional "bar" shape) that just magically appears in the middle of deep water. When you are going up the mountain roads (which technically aren't mountain roads because they aren't built into the mountain, they are built NEXT to it and up on huge risers, which looks so cool) you can see it. You look out to the water and you see the dark blue all around and then one giant patch of SUPER light green. Thats the Sandbar. You need a boat to get out there, or a kayak/canoe although I don't suggest that unless you are a VERY good paddler because the current can bevery strong and it's kind of a far paddle. It's so cool, people go out there with grills and chairs and just have a big party/cookout in the middle of the ocean, lol. I go out there at lEAST 3 times a month. I just bring a football, a grill, a cooler of beer and friends and we just chill all day. The water is anywhere from an inche deep to like lower shin deep, depending on the tide and what part you are one. On average its about ankle deep though. I have pics of it but I have no idea how to post em on here, lol, I don't usually upload pics to the internet. If anyone wants to see em PM me or I can post em here is someone tells me how. Yeah, I love that place. On a really low tide it's dry sand but I think it's better in the summer. I had posted a couple pics of our last trip out to it a while back. I live in Kailua, so it's only like 10 minutes from here and then a short boat ride. Great place.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, I grew up in Miami and remember what wishing for surf was like. :lol: I'm jealous that you are getting to see the whole triple crown. I'd love to be able to watch the whole thing. I think today is the last day of trials for pipe masters right? Maybe I'll make it up next week. I'm hoping it gets big for them though they say it's dropping and today it was only 8-12 (local scale)...not that I'm gonna hit Pipe when there are 20 foot + faces or anything :rofl3: ...but it does make for a more exciting contest. Anway, peace man. Looks like we're gonna do some Christmas shopping. Laters.

ONLY 8-12 local, lol, what people here may not know is that Hawai'ians measure from the BACK of the wave, so the faces are almost DOUBLE that, lollol. Biggest wave I ever surfed at Pipe was a 16 foot face, and it was also the scariest wave of my life. I had actually pulled out of a few waves before finally commiting. It is prolly THE most scared I had ever been surfing. I've been in bigger surf before, Costa Rica, Australia, Mexico, Norway (yes, NORWAY, lol) but man, just something about Pipe itself and all that just made me sketched out that wave, and for awhile after that, compared to places where I had surfed MUCH bigger waves. I'm pretty comfortable there now but I don't hit Pipe as much as the other North Shore spots because of the locals and the crowds. I hit a bunch of "secret" spots too, lol.

Agent51
12-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I love that place. On a really low tide it's dry sand but I think it's better in the summer. I had posted a couple pics of our last trip out to it a while back. I live in Kailua, so it's only like 10 minutes from here and then a short boat ride. Great place.

Oh i LOVE it, so much fun. I'm in Kaneohe so it's not too far from here either.

HansMojo
12-09-2005, 09:36 PM
ONLY 8-12 local, lol, what people here may not know is that Hawai'ians measure from the BACK of the wave, so the faces are almost DOUBLE that, lollol. Biggest wave I ever surfed at Pipe was a 16 foot face, and it was also the scariest wave of my life. I had actually pulled out of a few waves before finally commiting. It is prolly THE most scared I had ever been surfing. I've been in bigger surf before, Costa Rica, Australia, Mexico, Norway (yes, NORWAY, lol) but man, just something about Pipe itself and all that just made me sketched out that wave, and for awhile after that, compared to places where I had surfed MUCH bigger waves. I'm pretty comfortable there now but I don't hit Pipe as much as the other North Shore spots because of the locals and the crowds. I hit a bunch of "secret" spots too, lol.
I know what you mean. Anything on the north shore is so much faster and heavier then a lot of places that people don't realize it until it's too late. :) I can't remember what the break is called now (brain fart) but the one just to the right of Pipe (not the one in the middle but the 2nd one to the right) but I was there like 2 years ago and it was a 6-8 foot day (pipe wasn't working that day cause they were coming more out of the East) and I almost drowned myself when this probably 12 foot rouge wave comes through...that I decided to take at the last minute while my buddies where all paddling out. I made it, but it was sketchy and I've been a chicken of big waves ever since. :lol: It's amazing the difference between a 8 and a 12! I used to be fearless, but now I'm pretty wimpy I guess. My favorite days now are more in the 3 to 5 foot range (local of course) with some larger, but not constant pounding and honestly, ever since I was in a bad wreck and tweaked my back I mostly sponge it with a little long boarding on the south shore for giggles. :( Hey it's still fun, but it will never be the same. Just don't tell my old high school buddies that I ride a sponge every now and then or they will come after me and stick my head in the sand. :lol:

A Wing Pilot
12-09-2005, 09:49 PM
http://207.46.150.217/3/MBR/triumph_02_012704.wmv

thats a direct link

mor911
12-10-2005, 01:38 AM
The Mor had to load Media Player, and goto File > Open URL and paste it in there...

inFINSible
12-10-2005, 07:57 AM
Thanks :D . I see you are from Fl though, so it can't be TOO bad, lol. Compared to say RI, or anywhere else cold, Florida might seem like paradise. I personally don't like Florida. I think it's WAY too humid, and those damn bugs that always seem to buzz drive me CRAZY. I stayed in Atlantic Beach (outisde of Jacksonville) for one summer with my aunt, but I've also been to a bunch of other parts, like Cocoa Beach, Orlando, Tamp, Miami beach (of course), Daytona, etc etc. It's all too humid for my liking. My goal in life is to own a few bars and clubs and I was thinking of trying out Key West for a bar, but I'd have to just own it and hire someone to run it because I couldn't ive there.
Yeah yeah, it's too hot....anyway, I was talking about the waves.....There's nothing but mushy beach break here on this side.....haven't been to the EC to surf in over 10 years.....I used to go to Sebatian quite a bit and I've been as far north as Cape Hatteras but, I never made it to the Big Island...or even Cali for that matter.......I don't want to talk about this anymore....I'm getting depressed....

Agent51
12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Yeah yeah, it's too hot....anyway, I was talking about the waves.....There's nothing but mushy beach break here on this side.....haven't been to the EC to surf in over 10 years.....I used to go to Sebatian quite a bit and I've been as far north as Cape Hatteras but, I never made it to the Big Island...or even Cali for that matter.......I don't want to talk about this anymore....I'm getting depressed....

Man, I'm sorry dude. I know how ya feel though. I grew up with crappy waves. The thing is we have a world class break like 10 minutes from my house there. It's called Ruggles, its a stone reefbreak. Problem is, as a little kid it is WAY to dangerous to ride, hell, it's way too dangerous for most adults unless you really know your stuff. That confined me to the small waves of our 2 public beaches (most of the secret spots were also too dangerous for a young kid) which in the winter you need like 5mm fullsuits with hoods, gloves, and booties, or in the summer are so packed with tourists you can't even walk across the sand, nevermind get a clean ride. from like August to november the beaches go OFF though (hurricane season) and the tourists have greatly thinned out, and the ones left aren't sitting on the beach in september, october, and november so we get better rides. I actually caught the biggest wave of my life not in Hawai'i or Australia or Costa Rica or any of the other surf meccas I have been to, but it was actually at Ruggles. It was 2 years ago, in september, right before a MONSTER storm hit us. My friend was recording and snapping photos from the walkway above the break. When we took the photo to one of the surf shops the owner had the same measurement scale used to judge the Billabong XXL contest (biggest wave surfer that year gets $1,000 for every foot the wave was, last year's winner was 73 feet) and we measured the face at TWENTY FOUR feet. So far, that is the biggest wave I have ever ridden, in terms of height. I've ridden much scarier waves, and much heavier waves, but nothing taller so far. I actually credit the smaller waves for giving me a unique style though. I think a lot of the Florida surfers, and other guys who learned on smaller waves, are like me and have an edge because not only can we ride bigger waves liek they are smaller waves, with more moves on the faces and such, but we are also able to surf on the small days and still have fun, because we can power through the mush sections and everything since thats what we learned on. Most people I know that grew up with good waves to learn on struggle and have no fun when its really tiny because they never really had to learn how to muscle their way through washout sections. I hated it growing up, but I'm thankful for it now because I think it made my all around surfing much better.

FinsAreLife
12-10-2005, 08:58 PM
i love triumph. actually at one time he was in my sig, like my first month here....

Buddwalk
12-10-2005, 09:20 PM
i love triumph. actually at one time he was in my sig, like my first month here....
man you should get jt to make you a avatar with your names

FinsareLife

RunningBackGuru
12-10-2005, 10:50 PM
Video = :rofl3:

MikeO
12-11-2005, 12:54 AM
Thanks for buying my DVD!

lol