PDA

View Full Version : Scarface: The World is Yours

NuttyFin
12-09-2005, 10:30 PM
The Scarface video game will create a gameplay environment that authentically recreates the historical time period of the film, touching on politics, news items and events of the day. Players will travel through the steamy, often violent streets of Miami, the irie islands of the Florida Keys, the Bahamas and various other locales and will interact with a world full of seedy and dangerous characters to procure information, negotiate business deals, smuggle contraband and avoid rivals and DEA on a mission to rebuild their fallen empire.

Pictures
http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/697/697003/imgs_1.html

Trailers
QuickTime
384K Stream - Modem Connections (http://ftp.sierra.com/vug/scarface/videos/scarface_trailer_1_384k.mov)
1300K Stream - DSL or Better Connection (http://ftp.sierra.com/vug/scarface/videos/scarface_trailer_1_1300k.mov)

Windows Media Player
384K Stream - Modem Connections (http://ftp.sierra.com/vug/scarface/videos/scarface_trailer_1_384k.wmv)
1300K Stream - DSL or Better Connection (http://ftp.sierra.com/vug/scarface/videos/scarface_trailer_1_1300k.wmv)

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2005/12/scarfacetheworldisyours20050421111747883-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

finfansince72
12-10-2005, 03:00 AM
Yea thats cool but do you get to snort a mountain of coke and killed a bunch of cops while taking 20 bullets?

AquaInferno
12-10-2005, 01:51 PM
I read in an EGM from a while back that this game was supposed to take place after the movie. Anyone know if there's truth behind this?

Amars
12-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Yea thats cool but do you get to snort a mountain of coke and killed a bunch of cops while taking 20 bullets?

That will be my selling point

Nappy Roots
12-10-2005, 07:05 PM
damn im gettin this game

finsrule84
12-11-2005, 01:26 AM
I read in an EGM from a while back that this game was supposed to take place after the movie. Anyone know if there's truth behind this?

Tony died in the movie, so no

dominizzo
12-12-2005, 04:46 AM
willl this game be on pc

NuttyFin
12-12-2005, 04:52 AM
willl this game be on pc

Yes some time in 2006.

dominizzo
12-12-2005, 12:48 PM
Yes some time in 2006.

Thanks Broo

Predaphin
12-12-2005, 01:23 PM
I'm a huge fan of the movie...actually it's my favorite movie....I hope the game is just as good, but i may be renting it first as i notice most movie games don't really come out that good...

Don't know why, but i get the feeling this game will be like Grand Theft Auto

AquaInferno
12-12-2005, 01:29 PM
Tony died in the movie, so no
I saw the movie, and EGM even said he lived after the final secene so...

Can anyone confirm my rumor, is this game based during, before or after te movie? I read after the movie last I heard anything about this game.

usf dolfan23
12-12-2005, 01:50 PM

Can anyone confirm my rumor, is this game based during, before or after te movie? I read after the movie last I heard anything about this game.

No way in hell he survived. If they say he did to continue the story for the game that may be the dumbest idea ever. The guy got a shotgun blast to the back at point blank and fell into a pool of water face first. Chance of survival? 0.000000001%

Prime Time
12-12-2005, 01:53 PM
No way in hell he survived. If they say he did to continue the story for the game that may be the dumbest idea ever. The guy got a shotgun blast to the back at point blank and fell into a pool of water face first. Chance of survival? 0.000000001%

But there is still that chance ;)

AquaInferno
12-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Personally I think it be best to base this gameon Tony Montana's story in Cuba leading up to him getting on that boat to America. But who knows what they'll do, I'm suprised this game is still coming out, word's been out since 2003 or so, which is when I read the game is set after the movie.

Daytona Fin
12-15-2005, 12:04 AM
looks like vice city

houtz
12-16-2005, 03:20 AM
Yeah I know it's coming out for the 360. It looks a lot like Grand Theft Auto which is something you can't really complain about. The movie was amazing tho and i really hope the game is just as good. Now if only I could get my hands on a 360.

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:21 AM
Actually yes, there is 100% truth to this. The premise of the game is WHAT IF? What if Tony didn't die. Now it's up to you to save yourself after your fall from the top. You must take revenge on those who took you down, you must claw your way back up. The game BEGINS with the now infamous mansion scene. You get to play "say hello to my lil' fren' from the get-go. The game will be GTA like. You have free roam to accomplish the many goals thrown at you.

JPhinfan86
12-16-2005, 04:24 AM
looks like vice city
Well to be fair, Vice City looks like Scarface....if you get my point :lol: You can see SOOO many plays on that movie throughout Vice City. Example: The monitors in the office of Diaz's mansion when it becomes yours. The final battle...when everyone charges your office etc.

houtz
12-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Actually yes, there is 100% truth to this. The premise of the game is WHAT IF? What if Tony didn't die. Now it's up to you to save yourself after your fall from the top. You must take revenge on those who took you down, you must claw your way back up. The game BEGINS with the now infamous mansion scene. You get to play "say hello to my lil' fren' from the get-go. The game will be GTA like. You have free roam to accomplish the many goals thrown at you.

That made me want this game 10000x more then before.

QB2RonnieTD23
12-23-2005, 09:08 AM

He was killed by Bolivian henchmen from Sosa the guy who set up the whole car bomb thing but got pissed when Tony screwed it up by killing that guy.

I wouldn't be suprised if the events in this game are based on scarface but are all fictional taking place between his arrival from Cuba and his death. It will probably just be a more in depth look at how Tony rose to power rather than how the movie did it with that music video style thing.

Motion
11-29-2006, 05:21 PM
He was killed by Bolivian henchmen from Sosa the guy who set up the whole car bomb thing but got pissed when Tony screwed it up by killing that guy.

I wouldn't be suprised if the events in this game are based on scarface but are all fictional taking place between his arrival from Cuba and his death. It will probably just be a more in depth look at how Tony rose to power rather than how the movie did it with that music video style thing.
Nope, pretty much exactly like this......

Good game btw, I'm really getting into it.

Hey Mor, mind merging all the Scarface threads? When I searched I found about 4 or 5 :lol:

Metal Panda
11-29-2006, 11:34 PM

must be pretty awesome, what button moves Montana's corpse's right arm?

Metal Panda
11-29-2006, 11:35 PM

uhm...there is no way he could have survived the onslaught of machine gun bullets, not to mention the shotgun blast he took in his back at the end.

guess they're doing a waht if like the dudes above said

Bruzer
11-30-2006, 08:10 AM
It takes place right before he gets shot in the back. Its when you start to play so you can turn around and kill the hitman. Then make your way out.

Metal Panda
11-30-2006, 08:39 AM
Heh but in the movie dude was long dead even before that shotgun blast. Only reason he was still moving about is because he was coked up and didn't seem to notice he'd been shot 3000 times....

Motion
11-30-2006, 10:06 AM
It takes place right before he gets shot in the back. Its when you start to play so you can turn around and kill the hitman. Then make your way out.

:yeahthat:

FinsNCanes
11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I was going to check this out but I can only play the same game over and over..

GTA, Godfather (coolgame), it just get's a bit stale. Run around, jack people, shoot people.

Mike13
11-30-2006, 12:31 PM
Heh but in the movie dude was long dead even before that shotgun blast. Only reason he was still moving about is because he was coked up and didn't seem to notice he'd been shot 3000 times....

So coke gives you superhuman powers?

Motion
11-30-2006, 01:39 PM

GTA, Godfather (coolgame), it just get's a bit stale. Run around, jack people, shoot people.

You definitely should. This game is really good IMO. Has a "business" side too it that others don't. Focuses more on building your empire/reputation back up than anything else.

Itsdahumidity
11-30-2006, 01:49 PM

Trust me, play the game. It has different criminal elements than GTA like selling/buying coke - grams & kilograms (I'm surprised the game hasn't received flak from this).

Motion
12-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Finally beat this last night. Last part was hard as ****!

Really good game.

Metal Panda
12-17-2006, 01:38 PM
So coke gives you superhuman powers?

uh, why do you think people on PCP could punch through somebody's windshield and feel no pain. Your mind is what is responsible for processing pain....he was dying, he just didn't know it.